The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jan 19 - Ep 3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-20-10, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jan 19 - Ep 3"
I was waiting for Migdalia to push Jillian right on her butt! She did push but just not hard enough! You know it would have been funny

Jillian is bound and determined to push every contestants buttons till they cry. Migdalia is a hard stubborn woman & is just as determined not to cry.
Okay Jillian - back off. Teach her to work out & teach her how to eat.

On to the challenge & weigh in. I was hoping the gray team would leave the students as they were - leaving that on the pink team. They could have saved themselves some bad feelings in the house - Michael's work out attitude is not their responsibility or their business.
I didn't do the math, but I don't think Maria's 4 lb loss would have kept the white team above the line either; so the change really didn't matter (just caused some hard feelings).

Now, the most important thing? What did they do with all those left over M&Ms?

Elvis in In The House - Capt'n 2010

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3 samboohoo 01-20-10 1
   RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3 jbug 01-20-10 2
       RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3 sisyphus 01-20-10 4
 RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3 sisyphus 01-20-10 3
   RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3 mtopaz 01-20-10 5
 Yellow and Blue Teams trigirl 01-20-10 6
   RE: Yellow and Blue Teams Cyndimaus 01-20-10 8
 RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3 Tummy 01-20-10 7
   RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3 jbug 01-20-10 9
       RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3 Tummy 01-21-10 10
           RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3 Cyndimaus 01-21-10 11
           RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3 jbug 01-21-10 12
               RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3 trigirl 01-21-10 14
 RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3 maroonclowns mom 01-21-10 13
   RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3 jbug 01-21-10 15
 RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3 featherfish81 01-21-10 16
   RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3 trigirl 01-22-10 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-10, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3"
I haven't really watched yet. I only saw the weigh-in. I didn't get to even turn the TV on until 9:30. I did see them going off on Melissa, and I laughed at that. I don't know what happened during the episode, but it was clear from immunity last week and her crap-eatin' grin that she threw it again.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

01-20-10, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3"
Dang! I almost forgot that and that was about the best part of the ep!
Bob & Jillian didn't hesitate to call her out. And Lance was a bit po'd - because they called her a liar or because he knew she threw the weigh in?
Those 2 are playing the game. Too bad the gray team didn't switch them. But I'm sure everyone - including the pink team - thought she's have a big week after gaining the previous week. She took a chance - but I'm sure she figured she was safe from being switched.

Previews for next week show some excitement at her weigh in too. Or is that misleading?
If she has a huge weight loss how will she explain it?

Sparkled by Agman 2009

sisyphus 321 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-20-10, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sisyphus Click to send private message to sisyphus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3"
I will have to agree that melissa and lance are playing the game.....most definitely and I really think she threww both weigh-ins....I think she is this seasons tracy....she also made the comment to the effect...that no wonder micheal is over 500lbs, after they went to the cooking class....I felt she should look to herself...no she is not 500 lbs but she is on the biggest loser however and eating is what go her there after all...people in glass house houses should not throw stones....

sisyphus 321 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-10, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sisyphus Click to send private message to sisyphus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3"
The whole migdalia and Jillian thing was a set up by Bob and Jillian to get Migdalia to open up and show some emotion....it was quite obvious to me and I guess bob that she was upset about something...and bob knew it....but she preferred to bottle it up....and as we have seen on the biggest loser before they hold the view that you are overweight for a reason...and usually those reasons are the ones bottled up inside....so Jillian pushing is just her speciality ( bad cop) and bob cleaning up is his speciality (good cop)....he told jillian to push...and Jillian knew she would walk out..on the show which she did......
So I liked the tag team play last night....I don't think it accomplished much but I hope so...since I think migdalia has some real issues

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-20-10, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3"
Yes, they did good cop/bad cop, although I don't know what impact either of them had. What I found interesting was later on, when Miggy and Migdalia are eating dinner together, mom talks quietly with Migdalia and she asks her the very same question Jillian did, the one that set Migdalia off: Why are you unhappy?

Mom was more effective in the end. And with her mom, she could let down her defenses enough to shed a tear. You do wonder what is the story behind these two very strong, tough women. They are both fighters and clearly have gone to the school of hard knocks. Along the way, they've learned not to let down their guard because that's the way you get hurt.

I was not pleased that the red wife threw the weigh in for a second week, but that's her perogative. What I really didn't like was the phony outrage she tried to play. When she gained one pound last week, then lost it back again this week, she cried that it's just that much harder for her, somehow, to lose weight. Of course that's bull and everyone in the room knew it. I think her husband was mad at Bob and Jillian for calling her out in front of everyone (did you see the way he yanked his shirt from Bob after the weigh in?).

She's not making friends, and she can only rely on hubby for so long to carry her along with the game playing. I think she's similar to icky Vicky -- too much involved in game playing, and not really focused on the reasons she and her husband got overweight together to begin with.

One of my fav teams is the grey team. I agree that they didn't need to call out the white team son, but I can also see where they are coming from. They had immunity, but that didn't change their work out or eating. They worked hard for the weight loss this week. They are proud men. I was moved when one of them said, "my dad never took a day off in his life." They are there to not only lose weight and become healthy, but to represent their family and their heritage to the best of their ability. I admire that sort of attitude.

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-20-10, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Yellow and Blue Teams"
I thought that Bob and Jillian said to Yellow and Blue in their limos that they would help them. Do you think they have given them an at-home program?

Also...is there a spoiler in the opening credits? You clearly see (hidden text) the yellow team in the gym but in fact they didn't go to the gym...did they?

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-20-10, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Yellow and Blue Teams"
Some of the exercises the teams were doing had a very "Bob and Jillian" feel to them. I remember them being told they'd have help from Bob and Jillian too. Maybe they gave them a crash course on workouts or something.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-20-10, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3"
I think both Jillian's AND Bob's philosophy is that it isn't just food that got you here and if you don't fix it here you're not going to fix it at all. I can understand why Jillian pushes like she does. And I had to laugh at Bob, he comes off as sweet and innocent but he's the one that sicced Jillian onto Migdalia.

I also understand Grey's attitude towards Michael. Hopefully that and losing his mom to the vote will be a wake up call for him. It does have to be frustrating to watch him waste his time at the ranch and use the same excuses he's probably always used.

Red team irritates me. I said they didn't last week. I lied. They just don't get it. If you're playing the game, be honest about it. Nobody's stupid anymore. I used to be, didn't know there was such a thing as watering up, but....

I think you're right and Maria and Michael would have been in the bottom no matter who weighed.

01-20-10, 07:54 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3"
Jillian & Bob have dealt with peeps plenty enough to know that there is something more. Bob egged her on for sure! Looked tho like it was partly done for the drama they knew it would cause.But then it is a tv show so......
Let's hope next week we get to see Jillian & Bob working
Red team out till they puke!

Sparkled by Agman 2009

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-21-10, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3"
Yeah, except then freaking Red Wife will probably lose 20 lbs next week. If I were Jillian and Bob I would focus more on the other contestants. But I'm spiteful.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-21-10, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3"
I kinda feel the same way.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

01-21-10, 01:26 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3"
Oh I see that!
Let's then hope that Jillian & Bob decide to leave her on her own!

01-21-10, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3"
THAT's a good idea!

maroonclowns mom 1102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-21-10, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maroonclowns%20mom Click to send private message to maroonclowns%20mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3"
http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/video/clips/week-3-maria/1194664/

Have a look.Good for her.

01-21-10, 04:30 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3"
I noticed she was still wearing that arm band thing - wonder if TBL gives those to them when they leave.

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-10, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3"
I guess I'm the only dissenting voice, but I'm not sure the Red wife threw the weigh-in this week. Last week, definitely, and she pretty much admitted it. But her comment about being so frustrated she wanted to just give up and eat junk seemed honest. Or maybe I'm just too trusting. But if Bob and Jillian know everything about how much weight a person will lose, why have other contestants surprised them in the past? I remember them being confused about why other contestants weren't losing weight.

And the string challenge - having them have to unwind their own color was a fun twist. But I had a problem with how White could knot their ribbon around the other teams' ribbons, hurting them as well. It seemed like most teams were impeded by White, and the one that White didn't get to won.

Lastly, I don't think Jillian was saying that Magdalia is a horrible mother, but that she has made some bad health choices, and that her daughter will follow in her footsteps, so she needs to learn a better way to live and deal with things so her daughter won't have the same obesity problem.

01-22-10, 09:43 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Jan 19 - Ep 3"
I think you might be too trusting.

It seems impossible to me that she would not lose weight TWO weeks in a row. She did pretty much admit watering up the first week so we should have AT LEAST seen the net effect of that week's loss.

Wouldn't it have been great if the gray team picked them. However, who would have ever thought she would throw the weigh in two weeks in a row!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •