The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 8: Episode 9 11/10/09"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-11-09, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season 8: Episode 9 11/10/09"
2 eliminated.
2 lines; regular yellow with 2 below it - usual elimination. A red line at the bottom and the person who falls below it is gone immediately - doesn't even stay around to vote on the other 2.

Allen wins the first challenge and gets a 1 lb advantage for the weigh in. The challenge is grabbing tennis balls - one at a time -that are velcro'ed to a board and putting them in a bucket - about 30 feet from the board or so?
I noticed that production at least took into consideration the different heights and made the boards accordingly.
Liz & Amanda are not allowed to participate. Liz has bum knee; Amanda ?

Next challenge is for immunity. It's the old coconut chop kind - I hate those! Jump thru someone else's hoop (they're at the circus)and when a hoop has been jumped 100 times that person is out of the challenge.
The "youngsters" decide to first gang up on Liz and put her out; they don't want someone they think may fall below the line to win immunity. When the "oldsters" see the strategy of the "youngsters" they rally to do the same, putting out Amanda first.
Somehow at the beginning Rudy says something to Shay about working together and getting to the last 1 together. But when it gets down to Rudy, Danny & Shay, the 2 guys get together to put Shay out. Shay had been jumping thru Danny's hoop, so then it was a sure thing that Rudy would win - he had only 1 jump on him when Shay was put out. Shay got very angry at Rudy - she thought they had an alliance and would work together. I don't understand why she didn't switch to jumping Rudy's hoop - she could at least have evened up the final contest between Rudy & Danny.
Rudy wins immunity (but not before Allen suggests that he stand back & let Danny get Rudy's count to 90 and then them race to the 100. Danny was bushed and didn't want Rudy to wait).

Shay loses 17 lbs & thinks she is safe. But practically everyone else has a good week too - except Amanda 5 lbs; and Allen 10 lbs. Allen's 1 lb advantage puts him just above Shay - without it he would have been below the yellow line instead of Shay.
Daniel falls below the red and is sent packing immediately.

Shay is voted out - 3 to 2. Amanda is safe.

We see film of Daniel's friend Dave at home; he is just a big as ever and has not attempted to lose weight - says he is not ready - that he can do it when he's ready.

Estee has a discussion on why we saw nothing on Shay's transformation.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season 8: Episode 9 11/10/09 Estee 11-11-09 1
   RE: Season 8: Episode 9 11/10/09 MKitty 11-12-09 8
 RE: Season 8: Episode 9 11/10/09 nap_time 11-11-09 2
 Side note nap_time 11-11-09 3
   RE: Side note samboohoo 11-11-09 4
       RE: Side note nap_time 11-11-09 5
       RE: Side note jbug 11-11-09 6
   RE: Side note weltek 11-13-09 9
       RE: Side note JessicaRN 11-13-09 10
           RE: Side note nap_time 11-17-09 12
       RE: Side note samboohoo 11-13-09 11
 RE: Season 8: Episode 9 11/10/09 newsomewayne 11-11-09 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-09, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season 8: Episode 9 11/10/09"
Five quick notes:

1. This was the first time we've really seen Rudy go into gameplay mode: he just about totally destroyed his edit last night, and the few remaining pieces are sticking together on memory.

2. Given that the producers know how much each contestant has lost going into the weigh-in and arrange things accordingly, last night was about as cruel as it got. Give Shay her moment of triumph to lead off the parade -- then watch her sink lower and lower until she finally descends below the yellow line and gets voted out an hour later. About as classy as a Big Brother episode and equally manipulated. And then Daniel, as the last to go, gets to head up to the scales and then U-turn out the door? Gosh, what a kind group we have running this series. It's so nice they could take time away from their busy VH1 shooting schedule to do this.

3. I don't think the Daniel/Dave conversation could have felt any more scripted if they'd each been holding a copy of their script.

4. The more tense Bob gets about something, the more he turns into Jillian.

5. When Jillian finds out what happened at the vote, there's a good chance someone's going to die.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-12-09, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Season 8: Episode 9 11/10/09"
yup, can't wait to see Jillian's face when she finds out that Shay has been voted out..the fur will fly!!

Tribe manga'd my mug

nap_time 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-11-09, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season 8: Episode 9 11/10/09"
Missed it!! Had Boy Scout Board of Reviews...so I had wait until it was over to find out what happened.

I am surprised that Amanada didn't go home,but I guess game play has started.

The weight loss this week was really great. I am so proud of Danny and Liz!

~Thanks Agman..couldn't have done it without you. ~

11-11-09, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Side note"
Just read on Rebecca's facebook that she and Daniel are dating!!
Awww...

~nap_time~

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-09, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Side note"
I called that one on the other thread. I just had a feeling - based on her reaction to him going home and on his announcing he had a girlfriend that he would reveal at the finale.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

11-11-09, 12:46 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Side note"

I saw the previews of last night's show where it look as if Rebecca was having a melt down at the weigh in and Liz was having to hold her up... I thought it was because of Amanda.
Now we know... I think they would be cute together!
~nap_time~

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-09, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Side note"
She lives in Iowa and he lives in North Carolina.
I guess romance might spark while at the ranch but how do they continue it?

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-09, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Side note"
Hm. For whatever reason, this doesn't give me warm fuzzies.

-A Tribetastic Creation

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-13-09, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Side note"
Isn't this the second romance this season? Rebecca seems older than Danial.

11-17-09, 12:53 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Side note"
Yes, the first was Alexandra and Antonio. NBC showed them together in the clip of Antonio's "where are they now" segment.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-09, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Side note"
Me either.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-09, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Season 8: Episode 9 11/10/09"
Shay had been jumping thru Danny's hoop, so then it was a sure thing that Rudy would win - he had only 1 jump on him when Shay was put out. Shay got very angry at Rudy - she thought they had an alliance and would work together. I don't understand why she didn't switch to jumping Rudy's hoop - she could at least have evened up the final contest between Rudy & Danny.

They did have an alliance. At least, as I saw it. The agreed not to jump through the other's hoop until they were the last two.

I didn't understand why Shay continued to jump through Danny's hoop after Rudy broke their deal. She pretty much guaranteed the victory to Rudy. It did not make sense.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •