The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"5/5/09 Episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-06-09, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"5/5/09 Episode"
Another long-winded episode. Amazing Tara and Helen were able to complete the marathon.

So, below the yellow line are Ron and Mike. I was watching their confessionals and Mike shows how he's happy either way, while his Dad is asking America to vote for his son. This just might be a hard decision for America? Ron will do anything for his kids - wow!

I'll be voting for Mike.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Balance Breezy 05-06-09 1
   RE: Balance samboohoo 05-06-09 3
       RE: Balance brvnkrz 05-06-09 4
 RE: 5/5/09 Episode samboohoo 05-06-09 2
 Help, DVR didn't tape ending aquariaqueen 05-06-09 5
   RE: Help, DVR didn't tape ending samboohoo 05-06-09 7
 RE: 5/5/09 Episode jbug 05-06-09 6
   RE: 5/5/09 Episode samboohoo 05-06-09 8
   RE: 5/5/09 Episode cipher5150 05-06-09 10
       RE: 5/5/09 Episode aquariaqueen 05-06-09 13
 RE: 5/5/09 Episode Cyndimaus 05-06-09 9
   RE: 5/5/09 Episode jbug 05-06-09 11
 RE: 5/5/09 Episode taffnic 05-06-09 12
 Coming home to your old clothes aquariaqueen 05-06-09 14
 RE: 5/5/09 Episode blacknwhitedog 05-06-09 15
 RE: 5/5/09 Episode featherfish81 05-07-09 16
   RE: 5/5/09 Episode JessicaRN 05-12-09 18
 Vote for Mike WhiteHot 05-07-09 17
   RE: Vote for Mike JessicaRN 05-12-09 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-06-09, 07:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Balance"
It really is all about balance. Loved those spots with Jillian, Tara and Helen. I loved this "you can have that glass of wine, just don't eat 1200 calories worth of lasagna and garlic bread with it!".

I voted for Mike to go to the finals. I'm sure everyone else in America did too.

They definitely did a nice soft edit on Ron for this. I even had tears in my eyes for him when he crossed the finish line. But I just hope he didn't do more damage to his knee that can't be undone, by being so stubborn. But I do applaud his will to continue.

Max needs professional help. He said it himself, when Dad and Mike talk all I hear is "blah blah blah". But he listened to Bob.

My Personal 3Day Page

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-09, 08:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Balance"
I didn't realize Max was the younger brother. I think there is probably some resentment toward Ron and Mike, which is why he didn't really "listen" to them. And maybe he doesn't trust them enough or doesn't have faith in them to do it.

At the ranch, they were able to work out for hours a day. I doubt Ron/Mike are able to give him that. And I agree with Mike when he says he doesn't really know what to do for him. I actually can't wait to see him at the Finale.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-09, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Balance"
I hope Max does get help. I would get a little choked up when he made camera time but then after Mike said he was apathetic I started to get irritated. I won't shed a tear for Max unless he puts in a real effort to lose his weight. I don't want to hear him cry if he isn't willing to do anything about it. I really am hoping that he becomes a constestant next year. But if it's couples again I'm not sure who he would team with.
Last night was sort of a meh episode for me. I was proud of them all for finishing the marathon but otherwise not much happened that excited me.

Tribe made me gay

05-06-09, 08:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 5/5/09 Episode"
I actually watched more than I thought I would.

Kudos to Helen and Tara for finishing. That was awesome. And to Mike and Ron as well. I was so proud of Ron. And it was nice having ex cast members there. When Mike hurt his hip, I was so afraid he might have suffered a stress fracture. Glad he didn't. While I was so proud of them, I thought the idea of the marathon was probably the worst idea they've had. Especially in light of what happened to Laura.

I knew Mike was going to fall below because I saw that shot of his confessional in the previews last week. I am absolutely voting for Mike, and I hope he wins. I don't think Helen needs to be any smaller. I don't know if Tara's head can survive her being any smaller.

Speaking of heads, there were some odd camera shots last night. Tara's head would look normal in one shot and then really big in another. And Helen. When she was sitting at the ranch in her pink clothes, her shoulders and body looked to be about 5 feet wide, while her head looked really, really tiny on top. It was just strange.

I think I like Ron better with the beard. He should grow the beard back.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-06-09, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Help, DVR didn't tape ending"

My DVR turned off just as Mike was crossing the finish line.
How long did it take?
What happened next?
Was it a 2 or 3 hour episode?
There was a weigh-in?

Thanks for any help.

05-06-09, 09:34 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Help, DVR didn't tape ending"
2-hour show.

Mike finished in about 8 hours. Ron in 13.

There was a weigh-in. I can't remember the weights. Tara needed to lose 7, but lost 10, I think. Helen lost 7. Mike and Ron both lost 10 I think. Ron and Mike fell below.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-09, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 5/5/09 Episode"
Long winded episodes require long winded comments.

Helen:
looks so much older after the weight loss. Terrible to say it, but her round face was prettier than her skinny one.
In the pics with her daughter at the beginning they could pass for sisters easily.
Something about Helen's voice annoys me. When they go back to the clips they made of her before the ranch, she doesn't sound like that; it's just after she got to the ranch; the tone of her voice sounds so phony. And, she whines a lot.

Tara:
I'm glad she's proud of herself; apparently she's not used to accomplishments in a long time. I really liked the way she had her hair when she went out with her friends. But I didn't like that she seemed to be blaming them for not telling her she was fat before.
Tara deserves to be in the finale; never once below the line (but why do I think I remember her gaining a lb one week?).
I think it would be fun to see Tara on ANTM .

Ron:
Must be hard to take the blame for his sons weight, but he does. Now if he can just stick to the diet & exercise and support Max too. It's obvious he wanted him & Mike to lose weight, but Ron was definitely there for the money too - at least for Mike to win the money.

Mike:
Hit him hard when he got the injury. Had a sore attitude about not being able to run; but then, he is still young, so attitudes like that are nothing unusual.
In a way I'd like to see him win. He could use the money for college and to hire a trainer for Max.

Production:
The marathon was not a good idea. Even if it was planned long before they knew Ron would be in that group, they should have had a back up plan.
Can't believe Jillian & Bob did not know the marathon was in the plans.
Can't believe the contestants did not know Jillian & Bob were coming to see them. There were cameras at the gym with Mike, at the restaurant with Helen and at their homes before Jillian and Bob walked in. What? Did camera crews follow them every day for 30 days while they were home?
Well, maybe it's possible the cameras showed up now and then just to keep them comfortable with the cameras around.
(Tara's mother was so funny when they were cooking & eating; it was like she was playing out a script, but Tara had not read the script - looked like Tara though her mom was acting strange )

Seeing the contestants talk to their "future" selves was neat.

One of Shar's unique creations

05-06-09, 09:41 AM (EST)
8. "RE: 5/5/09 Episode"
Helen: I think she looks better, but there are moments when she does look old. I think like True has been saying, she needs to cut her hair. Shanon didn't really look different, and I think it's because she really didn't have the drive to do it in the first place.

Tara: She did only lose a pound one week, but she wasn't below because there are two below her. I can't even remember when now. Maybe it was the team weigh-in, and Bob's team was below, so Tara got saved by that. I would really like some info on her from her modeling days. I suspect that is the biggest problem that led her to where she was before starting the show.

Mike: I didn't think his attitude was that bad, as I have been right there in his shoes twice. When I fell down the stairs in December, I was more upset and depressed about not being able to work out with my trainer than I was about the pain. And when I broke my ankle in 07 from the stress fracture, I was super pissed about not being able to do the 10k, especially since I had gone from nothing to actually running 4 miles in a month. I was surprised that he walked it.

Ron: I wonder what it is he does for a living.

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-06-09, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cipher5150 Click to send private message to cipher5150 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: 5/5/09 Episode"
Helen looks so much older after the weight loss. Terrible to say it, but her round face was prettier than her skinny one.

In general, obese people tend to look younger than they are as the extra fat in their faces reduces the appearance of facial wrinkles and diminishes their “intensity”. When they lose significant weight they get hit with a double whammy as the wrinkles are now more visible and they have a little more sag in their skin due to it being stretched out.

05-06-09, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: 5/5/09 Episode"
I've noticed the same thing. Especially the men, they lose that "baby face" look.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-06-09, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 5/5/09 Episode"
I enjoyed the episode but I'm antsy for the finale so I didn't enjoy it as much as I normally would have.

I was so glad to hear Jillian talk about balance in living their every day lives. Helen was so stressed about everything. That actually could end up back-firing on her if she doesn't get it in hand.

I really do hope Max gets the help he needs. I hope that having Ron and Mike home pushes him to do it and doesn't have a negative effect on him. I was so glad to see both Bob and Jillian (but especially Bob, at least on camera) work with Max and encourage him.

I suspect that Mike will be in the final three. But I think it's almost mean to make them go through this whole time without knowing who it is. (there was snow on the ground so probably at least 3 months)

It was neat to see former contestants encouraging the final four as they did the marathon.

Sigs by Cyg

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-09, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 5/5/09 Episode"
It was interesting to see what they did in the first 30 days of being home.
Wonder how that compares to how other finalist have done when they went home and before they returned for the finale?

I'm surprised Jillian or Bob didn't mention that the 7 to 10 lbs that each lost is normal for most contestants their first 30 days home. Or maybe it's not. Maybe others have lost lots more and this was just a stressed out bunch when they went home

taffnic 5085 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-09, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail taffnic Click to send private message to taffnic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: 5/5/09 Episode"
I was working last night and didn't see the show until this morning. I was very impressed with the marathon and when Ron finished I admit I was teary-eyed. Way to go for all of them.

I'll also be voting for Mike.

A tribe creation

05-06-09, 06:22 PM (EST)
14. "Coming home to your old clothes"
I bet that is a shock to see the clothes you once wore. Immediately, you need to bag them up and give them to charity....no sense having them around to grow back into.
I would probably keep a token item or two to remind me of how large I was.

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-09, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: 5/5/09 Episode"
Did you see Tara's room? she is messed up!

Helen is odd and so is her family.

Mike & Ron and family I am conflicted about.

I am not rooting for anyone except Kristen to be the at home winner.

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-07-09, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: 5/5/09 Episode"
My only hesitation in voting for Mike is that it would validate Ron's deceitful methods to keep him in. Other than that, I like him. I'd be happy if either he or Tara won, I think.

I'm also not a fan of the marathon. I think I know of more people who've been injured training for a marathon than have actually run one. It's just so much repetitive motion. And on a hard road, no less.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-09, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: 5/5/09 Episode"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-09 AT 09:16 AM (EST)

But then you think about how Joan Rivers was about Melissa and Ron starts to look sweet about how he watches out for his son.

WhiteHot 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-07-09, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WhiteHot Click to send private message to WhiteHot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Vote for Mike"
For once in this game, Ron needs to want it for himself, not expect America to hand it to his son.

I suspect Ron won't be working as hard at home as Mike thinking he has America wrapped around his finger like he did during the game.

I have a feeling a whole bunch of Tongans are voting against Mike too.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-09, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Vote for Mike"
Has there ever been a contestant who has been on this show for 2 season? It seems that they are setting up Max to be on it next time and you know that Ron will gain some back. He is still pretty heavy, so they could have him come back with Max. I don't think that Max is quite as personable as Mike is though and America is kind of over Ron.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •