The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-25-09, 08:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th"
Ok that whinefest was awful. Seriously. Awful. Except for the cool 24 hour challenge, I wish I hadn't even watched last night.

Kudos to Black team for figuring out a system early and sticking to it. I would have been pissed if they had quit like Blue wanted them to do.

Bob needs to find his balls somewhere. That cryfest was unreal. Hello? You are there to lose weight and learn how to deal with changes and challenges that will pop up in real life.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th bdemoney 02-25-09 1
   RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th Breezy 02-25-09 2
   RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th aquariaqueen 02-25-09 11
 Bob's last straw? Estee 02-25-09 3
   RE: Bob's last straw? Breezy 02-25-09 4
       RE: Bob's last straw? Glow 02-25-09 10
       RE: Bob's last straw? aquariaqueen 02-25-09 12
       RE: Bob's last straw? mtopaz 02-25-09 16
   RE: Bob's last straw? MKitty 02-25-09 19
 One thing I did like Breezy 02-25-09 5
   RE: One thing I did like LeftPinky 02-25-09 20
 RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th samboohoo 02-25-09 6
 RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th TVFreak 02-25-09 7
 RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th jbug 02-25-09 8
   RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th mtopaz 02-25-09 17
 RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th Glow 02-25-09 9
   RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th LostAddict 02-25-09 14
 RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th aquariaqueen 02-25-09 13
 RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th Cyndimaus 02-25-09 15
   RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th HDTV 02-25-09 18
 RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th mom2bjm 02-25-09 21
 RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th flipxcyd 02-26-09 22
   RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th mtopaz 02-26-09 23
       RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th Breezy 02-26-09 24
   RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th Starshine 03-01-09 36
 RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th true 02-26-09 25
   RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th Breezy 02-26-09 30
   Yellow's Vote samboohoo 02-26-09 31
 RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th jbug 02-26-09 26
   RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th nap_time 02-27-09 35
 Wednesday's episode aquariaqueen 02-26-09 27
   RE: Wednesday's episode Cyndimaus 02-26-09 28
       RE: Wednesday's episode aquariaqueen 02-26-09 29
 Tiebreaker Rules - Hold Your Anger ... samboohoo 02-26-09 32
   RE: Tiebreaker Rules - Hold Your An... jbug 02-26-09 33
   RE: Tiebreaker Rules - Hold Your An... catsnotkids 02-26-09 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-25-09, 08:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th"
I agree Breezy, I'm very glad the black team didn't quit. How lame would that have been? Yeah, we all quit with 9 hours left to go...sorry!

I also thought it was kind of lame how they determined the new trainers. Not that I thought they should have all broken down like it was the end of the world...but seriously the guys blue team finished in 2nd place yet got screwed by a coin toss. The brown team got split up, even though they didn't lose the challenge. Ane then to top it off the purple team who finished next to last got to go right back to their original trainer. WTF?!

What a very odd way of determining new teams and trainers. Why not reward the first two or three teams at least with their pick of trainer to make it a little less random and more of a reward based on their performance.

But I definitely agree that they are there to lose weight and learn how to deal with changes and challenges that will pop up in real life. So what will they do when they go home and REALLY can't train with and/or see Bob anymore. Just quit and give up!?

awesome sig pic created by syren

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

02-25-09, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th"
Exactly!

The one Yellow girl totally annoyed me last night. "He doesn't know what we're physically capable of". *snort* Dood! You're so out of shape you don't have any physical capabilities yet. Stop your whining and workout.

And that's my biggest beef with the show now. The trainers aren't acting like trainers 24/7. Instead of blubbering with the contestants, they were supposed to explain how switching up your routine can really help spark or continue a weight loss. Or talk to them about, hey when you get home. You won't have us either. Are you going to blubber and quit then?

*super annoyed*

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-25-09, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th"

>What a very odd way of
>determining new teams and trainers.
> Why not reward the
>first two or three teams
>at least with their pick
>of trainer to make it
>a little less random and
>more of a reward based
>on their performance.

Totally agree....that was more than pathetic.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-09, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Bob's last straw?"
We already know the series is looking for new trainers. Is it possible that last night's events are the reason Bob's slot is open? He's never been incredibly happy about the twists the producers use to trip up and disrupt his team: having a group he was clearly emotionally attached to ripped out from under him might have pushed him to his limit. 'You want to play mind games? Fine. Play them with someone else. Unlike my poor contract-bound students, I can walk away.'

I think he may be at the point most of us reach with the more twist-prone shows: sick of all the crap and wanting to just get back to the basic premise. And since he can't make the producers reset, he'll just make sure he never has to personally deal with any of it ever again.

02-25-09, 08:47 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Bob's last straw?"
Either that or he's sick, like major sick. Anyone else notice how guant his face is looking?

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-09, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Bob's last straw?"
Yes! He looks awful.

02-25-09, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Bob's last straw?"
I mentioned that earlier on another episode, his temples are now concave. That usually indicates lack of nutrition or loss of weight due to illness.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away
from those who are willing to work and give to those
who would not."
Thomas Jefferson

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-25-09, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Bob's last straw?"
I did notice that - and definitely wondered about his health. Gaunt is the word and I hope he's okay.

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-25-09, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Bob's last straw?"
Agreed - the trainers must be sick to death of all the stupid twists and turns..just to play with people's minds and emotions. Really drives me crazy...arghghggh. Yeah, if I were Bob or Jillian, I would certainly be sick of it. No wonder Jillian took a season off. They are probably both due for a break from the insanity.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_
files/48d60cbe3209223e.gif
Tribe manga'd my mug

02-25-09, 08:48 AM (EST)
5. "One thing I did like"
Bob's trainer tip on how to eat, fill up on the healthy stuff first. I do that. *giggle*

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-25-09, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: One thing I did like"
Of course I fill up on the 2 baby carrots in the house prior to having the rest of the stuff - unfortunately, our freezer is full of the "other good stuff.!"

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-09, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th"
I have some very mixed emotions about last night.

Bob: There was a point where I was actually saying to him, "It's a game, it's structured as a game." You know, just like he said last week when he was telling the teams who to vote for. Then I also remembered the season when he beat Jillian in the escalator challenge and took Mark & Jay and Roger & Trent. Remember, Jillian was somewhat devestated by that.

But then there was a part of me that really felt bad for him, for Jillian, for the contestants. Granted, they are there to lose weight. But it's clearly obvious that everything they have done prior to TBL has not worked. And these contestants this year need them more than ever. I agree that you need change. I agree that TBL is only temporary.

But I can also appreciate the bond these trainers have with these contestants. When my contract finished last year with my first trainer, I was somewhat sad, but it is nothing compared to how I feel now knowing that my contract with my new trainer is ending this Monday.

The only person I thought handled the switch well was Mikey. What a great kid. I really, really, really am rooting for him. Even Tara was a bit of a whiner. She's the strongest one there IMO. If anyone can do it at home, she can. I wonder what her (and Jillian's) reaction would have been if she had been swapped.

Also, Aubrey, who I have not liked at all this season, made me happy last night - can't remember the specific point, I think it was after they agreed not to quit. I just know it was the first time I actually liked her this year.

*shrugs* I like the switch-up, but I would have liked to see them split up as individuals.

*smooches Agman*

TVFreak 189 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-25-09, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TVFreak Click to send private message to TVFreak Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th"
I agree with all of you. That whining was absolutely horrible!
I did like how Jillian handled it all. Saying 'it sucks but, we'll deal with it, now let's go work out'.
I think that one of the reasons for the 24 hour challenge was to help the new teams bond.
Please, no more whining tonight!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-09, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th"
Breezy, I think your first sentence sums it up for most all of us! It just went on and on and on!
I can understand that the trainers and the contestants get close, but they've seen the seasons before. They know both of the trainers are excellent trainers. So they should be happy to have either of them. Switch ups are to be expected.

Dane took the switch like a man. He is on his own with no partner, but didn't cry and carry on like a baby. He knows it's up to him to work with whatever trainer he can get. Good for Dane.

I do wonder what kind of a meltdown Tara would have had if she had been switched to Bob.

Bob is not looking well; on a couple of the product placement & tips clips he looks very thin and even his hair looks different. He was more emotional than I would have expected him to be.

Either Jillian didn't have a hissy emotional fit or it didn't match Bobs. I wish they had showed more of the conversation between the trainers and their new teams than the good-byes of Bob & his old ones. I'd like to have heard Jillian talking to Sinoe & Fillipe and flat out asking them why they thought she couldn't do what Bob could do for them!!!!
And then Sione's whining about how Bob motivated him to do more but when Jillian demands it he's just 'oh well' . Jillian did tell him pretty flat out that it was his decision if he wanted to work or just give up.
That's it Jillian! Don't take any flack! Toughen them up! LOL
I used to wonder why viewers were so taken with Jillian (I didn't watch the first couple of seasons) and why they were upset
the season she was gone. I liked Bob. Now? Jillian rules!!!!!

I also agree ^somewhere up there^ that the switches seemed unfair that the blue team who came in second got switched and purple didn't. If switches had to be done, it needed to have been done more fair to the outcome of the challenge - or - divide every couple except the winning one.

Mandy-yellow-wanted black to give up because she knew blue was behind. Did she really think she could talk Tara into quitting? Tara would have finished the last 9 hours by herself if she had to - or forced Laura to help her. LOL

Got a little long-winded didn't I? & it was only a 1 hour show! LOL

a Syren special

02-25-09, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th"
Agree with so much of what you said Jbug

All the remaining contestants have something those of us at home don't have -- access to one of two really great trainers, not to mention nothing else to do most of the day but work out, work out, and work out. Don't freak and bawl your eyes out just because you got switched from one trainer to the other. In fact, if you are that emotionally bonded and reliant on a particular trainer, maybe it's a good idea that you got switched -- start to wean you off that particular crutch.

LOL - I also enjoyed Jillian's comment about "well, it's your body not mine - work out hard or not." I really liked the attitude of the son from the Brown team -- "whatever she tells me to do, I'm gonna do it." Atta boy!

And of course it was one of the yellow team sisters who came up with the idea of "let's quit before the 24 hours are up." I loved the part where she says, "you know we're not quitters, but, why don't we all agree to just quit ..." What I don't get is why the blue team didn't change their strategy and cut back to half hour segments for each team player, but oh well, I don't really care.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-09, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th"
That was really strange to watch. I just kept saying, "this is so weird." "Seriously. What is going on?" It was just really odd and it felt like a different show.

LostAddict 420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-25-09, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LostAddict Click to send private message to LostAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th"
I felt it too. Just odd. From Bob's blubbering to the players wanting to quit a challenge to Jillian's "softness" in the gym. I think it was all mostly editing, but it just seemed not right.

02-25-09, 10:35 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th"
I was disappointed and aggravated that they spent that much time on the whining....can you imagine how long it actually was?

If they would come to their senses they would realize they have a chance of learning more from having another trainer, things you may use when you are sent home!

How they divided people was terrible.

I don't think Kristin's mom is long for this competition.

JSlice special!!

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-25-09, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th"
My husband howled with laughter during the cry-fest.

I just kept thinking that the trainers (mostly Bob) needed to suck it up and be strong for their team. Tell your old team that it sucks but they need to work extra hard and make you proud and then go work your new teams' butts off.

I agree that they way they did the switch-up wasn't very good. I think it would have been better to just do the coin toss without any sort of competition so everyone was on even footing. Or maybe an automatic split-up of couples (I'm mean that way) with a coin toss to determine who goes with which trainer.

I am so very glad that black didn't go along with Mandy's idea of quitting the competition (although I suspect black was already ahead by that time). But I was pleasantly surprised she didn't protest more. (and I was equally surpised she didn't disolve into tears when the black team won the competition)

My biggest problem with last night's episode is that it is continued tonight (Wednesday) and I won't get to watch it!

sig courtesy of Cygnus

HDTV 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-25-09, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HDTV Click to send private message to HDTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th"
Maybe they showed bob with all that emotion comming out as the start of his end with TBL.
Man, tara did over 50 miles on the bike.
i like mike, he looks like he lost enuff now, and can get stronger, and win a challenge.

i did enjoy the moment, when they were all motivated to finish out the 24 hour ride.

mom2bjm 1465 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-25-09, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mom2bjm Click to send private message to mom2bjm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th"
We missed the 2nd half of the Tues night episode, due to Obama's speech & etc running over - so the DVR didn't record it... Kind of glad we missed the sobfest -

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-26-09, 00:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th"
...and the game play begins! Dane voted out of the house. The biggest threat is voted off. I predict the blue team is on a downward spiral.

02-26-09, 01:45 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th"
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-09 AT 01:47 AM (EST)

Yep, I was sorry to see him go. Don't agree with the Blue Team's decision. I feel for Ron, but he's not going to pull big numbers probably ever. If he can just continue with 5 lb weeks, he'll be doing pretty good. As to Mike saying if his dad goes, he'll just crumble to pieces (or whatever he said, something along those lines), puh-leese! He's young, but not a baby anymore. At his age, he could be leaving home for college, or moving into his own place -- he doesn't need daddy holding his hand (or he shouldn't need it). Sure, he'd miss him, but it shouldn't be cause for derailing his progress.

And Kristen and her mom - after this very good week, chances are next week one or both of them will only lose a little, thus bringing Blue Team right back to the elimination room. As for Kristen -- did we see writing on the wall for her to go home next, unless she's got immunity?

And how does Tara do it, week after week, with those killer numbers? Mind blowing.

02-26-09, 08:29 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th"
Pretty much word for word, what coworker and I talked about this morning.

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-01-09, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th"
Finally watched the shows.

What were they thinking? OK so you lose a few more and then where are you?

Something or Other

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-09, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th"
So much was wrong with these two episodes, I'm not sure where to begin.

Ok, I'll start with the shuffle challenge. Tara wins and gets totally screwed. Sure, she got to keep Jillian, but the rest of her team is Bob's and if she falls below she has no chance with the former Bob majority now on her team. Lame-o. The coin flip was also unfair for reasons other people have mentioned. However, I think a switch is a good idea at this point, but they should have just swapped trainers and kept the teams the same.

Now for the trainers...what the heck is wrong with Bob? He was acting like someone died. I can see why the contestants would be emotional, but isn't it Bob's duty as a professional to motivate people and be positive???? Bob's behavior was disgraceful, and he is quickly turning into someone I can't stand, and that really ticks me off! Stop.it.Bob.

The two commercials within the show were horrible! Bob and Jillian are not actors, and the way they are presenting the product placement is a joke. JOKE!

I hated the 24 hour challenge. Killing the contestants just doesn't make sense. Stoopid.

The vote. Why didn't the yellow team unite to save Dane? A tie vote would have sent Ron home, so stoopid yellow girl just put herself in the minority on her team. Dumbass.

I am seriously annoyed with what was once my favorite show.

02-26-09, 10:50 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th"
I think the 24 hour challenge was to help them bond on their new team. Seemed to work.

02-26-09, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Yellow's Vote"
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-09 AT 11:17 AM (EST)

True, I am not 100% sure on this, but I think when they are in "team" play, a tie means the other team decides who goes. And I can't remember if they decide anyone on the team or if they decide between the two. As soon as I saw Aubrey's vote, I figured that was the case. I will have to see if I can find an answer.

ETA: See post below for answer.

*smooches Agman*

02-26-09, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th"
Mandy needs to take Aubrey out and, well....
Aubrey throws her vote to Kristen because she doesn't want to be a vote to send someone home. Duh, she sent Dane home because she wouldn't put Ron's name down. Aubrey & Dane were originally on a team together - didn't she have more of a connection with him than Ron? If there had been a tie, Ron would have gone; so technically she wouldn't have been the one voting him gone - his lack of weight loss would have been the deciding factor.
So next time at elim, it'll be Ron, Kristen & Kathy against Mandy & Aubrey. Guess who will be going home? Mandy or Aubrey. Aubrey, you are really stoopid. Sorry to say that but you are.

Kristen & Kathy voted out Dane for that very reason - Ron was one of their original teammates & they thought keeping him would keep Bob happier.
Dane would have helped to possibly keep the out of elimination; Ron is not going to be much help there - unless something in his metabolism kicks in and he starts melting.

Mike has been maturing but will still have to learn to let go of Daddy's hand.
Fillipe accepted his new trainer like a man; Sione wants to have an excuse in case he doesn't keep losing well; maybe he thought he'd reached one of those walls & could blame it on Jillian. But he lost anyway. Hopefully this makes him realize that either trainer can help him.
Helen? I just don't notice her much - except to hope she gets a make-over.
Tara is like whats-her-name from last season. Even when it looks like she's lost a lot and will have to struggle to lose more, she just keeps on going. She's the energizer bunny.
Laura is still hanging in there - good for her.
Actually Aubrey's decision may have saved Tara & Laura for awhile.

One of Shar's unique creations

nap_time 177 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-09, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Episode 8a & b, 2/24 and 25th"
Talking about Mike growing up and not holding daddy's hand... there is a bonus scene at nbc.com that shows Mike talking about the split. He makes the comment that it was a positive thing because now he won't have the pressure to carry the team. And that his dad has to find his own motivation to stay on the ranch.
I was impressed!

~Thanks Agman..couldn't have done it without you. ~

02-26-09, 09:58 AM (EST)
27. "Wednesday's episode"
Wow, when they break it into two episodes, you really realize how much time is wasted for the weigh-ins. Thank goodness this was recorded...took me about 15-20 minutes. Hardly any substance.

As far as what people will keep the weight off after the show is over, Dane has great promise if he continues to train with his wife for marathons. It's a great thing for marriages....going out for that daily run.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" - Albert Einstein

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-26-09, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Wednesday's episode"
So I didn't miss a whole lot? Anything important besides Dane going home?

sig courtesy of Cygnus

02-26-09, 10:44 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Wednesday's episode"
Not really, it was kind of neat to see how some of the contestants took to training with their new trainer. The challenge was a Prevention answer the questions correctly up to 3, and your team gets a 3 lb. pass. Which ended up not being needed.

“I love Jesus but I drink a little”. Gladys Hardy

02-26-09, 11:16 AM (EST)
32. "Tiebreaker Rules - Hold Your Anger Toward Aubrey"
From Wiki

The vote. The losing team meets in a dining room that has refrigerators labeled with each contestant's name, and filled with that contestant's favorite tempting foods. The name of each contestant is illuminated, and as people are voted out, the light for their name is extinguished. During the team-based competition, losing members each carry a covered plate containing the name of the person they wish to vote out. The team members who lost the highest percentage of weight that week are considered immune and may not be sent home. In the event of a tie, the winning team decides which member of the losing team shall be voted out. During the individual-based competition, the fate of the two contestants on the chopping block will be determined by the other players. In the event of a tie, the contestant who lost the least percentage of weight is eliminated.

I don't know if Black could have decided on any player or just between the two that were tied. Perhaps Aubrey didn't want to risk going home, even though she wouldn't have. I suspect Dane would have gone unless he had immunity.

I've never liked the rules for team play, I've always thought the two with the lowest percentages should be up for elimination.

*smooches Agman*

02-26-09, 12:47 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Tiebreaker Rules - Hold Your Anger Toward Aubrey"
Thanks Boo. I had forgotten that when it was team based.
So Aubrey didn't want to take a chance.

catsnotkids 184 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-09, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail catsnotkids Click to send private message to catsnotkids Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Tiebreaker Rules - Hold Your Anger Toward Aubrey"
Bob needs to grow a set! What was all that? Long, drawn-out, boring boo-hooing. Scenes like that make this show difficult to watch.

The formula is getting old already, but when they show one of the trainers and the contestants acting like little kids it doesn't help.

They could try being happy about the opportunity to train with someone else - it's the best of both worlds - you get to learn from BOTH styles and approaches to training. How will they survive on their own?

I hope that the producers told Bob to do all that. If that was really who he is? Ugh. Man up, dude.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •