The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Safety of exercises?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

edge1968 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-04-09, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail edge1968 Click to send private message to edge1968 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Safety of exercises?"
Does anyone else think some of the exercises the contestants are put through are unsafe?? Like a three hundred pound person jumping on a woman's back and her walking around that way. That could not possibly be good for anyone's spinal column or any other joint or ligament in their body.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Safety of exercises? Snidget 02-04-09 1
 RE: Safety of exercises? justmyhumbleopinion 02-05-09 2
 RE: Safety of exercises? Ahtumbreez 02-05-09 3
 RE: Safety of exercises? Silvergirl1 02-06-09 4
   RE: Safety of exercises? edge1968 02-07-09 5
       RE: Safety of exercises? YankeeDixieDoodle 02-09-09 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-04-09, 10:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Safety of exercises?"
Not sure about any given exercise, but in general under supervision of a trainer there are things that are OK to do that you might modify or do differently if you were on your own without the trainers and medical supervision these people have while on the ranch.

I wouldn't do anything I saw on this or any other show unless I either was certain it was something that I could be certain how it should be done, or I can get someone who knows more than I do to show me what needs to be done. A lot of exercises people think they know how to do they really don't know how to do. If you are lucky that means it is just less than optimally effective. If you are unlucky you can damage yourself. I suspect there may be a lot more set up and explanation of things than they can show during an episode even with them supersized to two hours.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

justmyhumbleopinion 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-05-09, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail justmyhumbleopinion Click to send private message to justmyhumbleopinion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Safety of exercises?"
I've wondered about this too. But, in the episode where Bob went home with Joelle to Carla and they were arguing while working out, there was a point where Carla got so mad she was not being careful and Bob yelled at her to "put that bar down before you hurt your back" or something.

I think the trainers and staff are a lot more involved in their exercise routines than we see. I wish they would show more it.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-09, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Safety of exercises?"
It was nice to see the part where they are in recliners with icebags all over.

I agree on the part where he jumped on her back, I thought it was unsafe and unnecessary.

Agman took me to the islands

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-09, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Safety of exercises?"

I was worried when I watched that heavy man on the girl's back. It thought she could be seriously hurt. Didn't he weigh more than she did?

Maybe Bob knows something the rest of us don't know, but I would not agree to do that stunt if I were a contestant on the show.

edge1968 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-07-09, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail edge1968 Click to send private message to edge1968 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Safety of exercises?"
Yes, he did weigh more than her. I think a lot of what they do is for drama and to make "good TV". Definitely not practical in real life. I know the human body can be pushed but to what extreme before damage is done? I liked the point someone made about where they showed them in the training room all covered in ice bags. I've watched just about all the episodes from the start of the show and do not recall them ever showing that.

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-09-09, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Safety of exercises?"
I'm with you. I think this "stunt" was done solely to amp up the show's "drama" quotient. A male contestant carrying Bob or Jillian on their back is one thing. They probably don't weigh 300 pounds combined. A 300 pound man on a woman's back is assinine. Nothing is worth that kind of risk. Especially reality TV drama.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •