The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Host"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

boboslove2003 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-03-09, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail boboslove2003 Click to send private message to boboslove2003 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Host"
Is the biggest loser host gaining weight? I think they should be in good health and body weight if their hosting a weight loss show.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Host vince3 02-03-09 1
   RE: The Host Snidget 02-03-09 2
       RE: The Host vince3 02-03-09 3
           RE: The Host Snidget 02-04-09 5
               RE: The Host vince3 02-04-09 6
       RE: The Host boboslove2003 02-03-09 4
           RE: The Host MKitty 02-05-09 8
               RE: The Host agman 02-06-09 10
 RE: The Host smokeysmom 02-04-09 7
   RE: The Host Silvergirl1 02-06-09 11
       RE: The Host smokeysmom 02-06-09 12
 RE: The Host featherfish81 02-05-09 9
 RE: The Host YankeeDixieDoodle 02-09-09 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-03-09, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Host"
Um, she just had a kiddo, so she was probably preggo..........
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-09, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Host"
I think she just had the kid and was pregnant during the filming of the Biggest Loser episodes that are on now.

02-03-09, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Host"
*headtilt*

Wasn't that what I said?

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-09, 06:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Host"
I'm not allowed to agree with you?

02-04-09, 08:48 AM (EST)
6. "RE: The Host"
Troublemaker

boboslove2003 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-03-09, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail boboslove2003 Click to send private message to boboslove2003 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Host"
thanks snidget, I just found that out. she was pregnant and had a baby.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-05-09, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Host"
If you look down this board a bit..you will see I posted a "Congrats on the baby" thread not that long ago! LOL...

Tribe manga'd my mug

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-09, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Host"
Why am always the last to know everything?

However, I guess if I was better about watching the show, I would already know that!

h

smokeysmom 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-04-09, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokeysmom Click to send private message to smokeysmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Host"
I had seen that she was pregnant, but still consider(ed) her to be a very beautiful, happy and healthy looking woman. Most of us would be hard pressed to look that gorgeous even when we are NOT pregnant.

I think that Gillian is a fun, inspiring trainer but one who does not in any way exemplify what the average fit and healthy woman looks like. While preaching healthy weight loss, the show sets some amazingly harsh standards of exercise -- and does some odd product placement.

I personally think that if the so-called "aspirational" standard of beauty got back to something more humanly likely -- and possible -- we'd have a healthier, happier population. From young girls I've worked with I often hear "well, I'll never look like that anyway, so f*ck it." I'd rather hear them say: "I want to look like Jennifer Hudson." YMMV.

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-09, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Host"

I would agree that Allison is gorgeous. I'm glad they replaced Caroline Rhea, because she just didn't come off as being comfortable with the hosting job.

Speaking of product placement - the Cheerios pp was like a commercial. My DD heard it from the other room and made a comment. It seemed a little over the top to me.

smokeysmom 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-06-09, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokeysmom Click to send private message to smokeysmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Host"
Here is what Allison herself said about her struggles with weight loss issues (and the link for full interview):

PR.com: A major theme in your book was about weight issues and body image issues. You talked about just so desperately wanting to be thin or how many actresses desperately want to be skinny. I never had that issue. We all have our neuroses. But I never had that…

Alison Sweeney: Right.

PR.com: So, I don't fully understand it, but I want to understand it. What I don't understand is, why is the goal, or why is the obsessive thought to be skinny rather than to just be healthy and fit and to look good?

Alison Sweeney: That's an excellent question, and I wish I had a better answer for you. I think because in this industry, people who are unhealthy work all the time. It's not about that. It's not about your health; it's about what you look like. And that's sad but it is true. There are a lot of women out there who are very successful and leading incredibly unhealthy lives, whether it's smoking cigarettes, or drinking too heavily, or various sorts of drugs, or an eating disorder. All of those things lead to weight loss, and people can be beautiful looking people and struggling with all sorts of problems. So the ideal, unfortunately, is specifically attributed with appearance rather than necessarily health.

http://www.pr.com/article/1036

The reason I'm on a "soapbox" about this, in addition to what I talked about in the previous post about its effect on girls/young women is that the original poster (and the 1 time poster) seemed a bit "barbed" about what she "should" look like and oddly "relieved" that she was pregnant.

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-05-09, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Host"
I'll admit, the first shot I saw of her was from the shoulders up, and I was a little surprised. Then I saw a full body shot, and went, "Oh, never mind." I'm glad the timing works out so she can be at the finale.

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-09-09, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Host"
Other than the pregnant belly, Allison Sweeney looks no bigger anywhere else. The only thing I've seen that made her look fat was the red top she wore during the "rope pulling" challenge. Made me wonder if her entire maternity wardrobe was in the dirty clothes hamper. Her squeezed-together, boobs-falling-out kind of "cleavage" reminded me of Caroline Rhea stuffing herself into one of her sizes-too-small tops.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •