The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EDITING ???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

blessedOne 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-15-08, 02:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blessedOne Click to send private message to blessedOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EDITING ???"
I was just curious if anyone else has visited Vicki's myspace page? If so, did you notice that she has been blogging alot about how she was made to look like the bad guy by editing that was done? That she was truly misrepresented. Kinda made me stop and think, I know I've seen and heard editing done right before a commercial break that did not line up later with way the episode actually played out.
Do you all think this is a possibility? The one thing that is just stuck in my mind is that she spoke out of her own mouth that she did not want to see Phil come back to the ranch, then they all giggled about it. I thought, "geez why would an adult act that way unless they are very small minded and mean spirited?
Please share your thoughts on this!!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EDITING ??? Snidget 11-15-08 1
 RE: EDITING ??? trigirl 11-15-08 2
   RE: EDITING ??? ShellyMay 11-17-08 3
       RE: EDITING ??? Snidget 11-17-08 4
           RE: EDITING ??? ShellyMay 11-17-08 5
 RE: EDITING ??? brvnkrz 11-18-08 6
   RE: EDITING ??? samboohoo 11-18-08 8
 RE: EDITING ??? aquariaqueen 11-18-08 7
 RE: EDITING ??? tallgirl 11-18-08 9
 RE: EDITING ??? YankeeDixieDoodle 11-21-08 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-15-08, 06:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EDITING ???"
Well pretty much every last villain/person viewers love to hate on every reality TV show ever always blames everything on the editing.

Now they do select what to show, so some people do get more of their "bad" moments shown and that helps make a story-line out of all the film they shot. They also have on any show taken things out of context which can make something seem different than it was.

On the other hand. If it came out of your mouth, it came out of your mouth. It always amazes me that people seem to forget they are being filmed. But then reality TV would probably be pretty boring if people were always on their best behavior just because there was a camera in the room.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-15-08, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: EDITING ???"
I have suspected the editing on Icky has been enhanced shall we say. There are times that I agree, the giggles and smirks don't always seem to be in the right place. But as Snidget said....she is giving them the material to work with. In fact, she is probably an editors dream.

ShellyMay 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-17-08, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShellyMay Click to send private message to ShellyMay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: EDITING ???"
I'm not sure how out of context the editing can be, especially when there's direct interaction with other parties. And as others have pointed out, you can't edit in what's not said or done. She called Phil those names and directly said he was the only one she didn't want to see come back. And next week's previews seem to show she's on a revenge binge. I wonder how her myspace blog will explain that?

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-08, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: EDITING ???"
Even with direct interactions they can sometimes play some games with the editing.

Like not showing what the other person might have done to upset or provoke the one that goes off the deep end.

When you see both people on screen and see the mouths move with the words at least you know that portion you were shown was the way it happened. One of the tricks sometimes used is they will have one person off screen and you hear their voice. Those comments sometimes came out of a different time than the ones where you can see both people. So even when the person said everything you hear they can do things to alter the "reality" of the story.

They also sometimes take things out of order to make a better story than reality, or not show the good moments when people work through the issue, or the times people got along. The conflict makes a better story than people can actually get along or act balanced and sane.

That being said. I think a lot of the time people want to blame the editing rather than take responsibility for their behavior.

ShellyMay 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-17-08, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShellyMay Click to send private message to ShellyMay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: EDITING ???"
I agree about some editing - how many post-interviews have we read where people say they didn't show this or that? But when your trainer says you are the biggest player, even manipulative? I'm thinking Vicky was/is a producer's dream - someone who will say or do what's on her mind.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-08, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: EDITING ???"
Editing or not I still think Icky is a class A B!tch.

Arkie did me.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-08, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: EDITING ???"
Agree. And there are things that she has said that totally contradict her My Space. She said point blank that the prize of videos from home was a lame prize, but then she talks about how much she misses them on her my space.

What-the-f-ever. Just get her off my screen.

Tis the season.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-18-08, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: EDITING ???"
I am sure there have been some editing tricks however, some of her actions and words are straight forward.

I think it's human nature to think more highly of yourself than what you think you portray in life. People remember more of their good traits and tend to ignoreor not realize the impact of some of their negative sides.

tallgirl 565 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-18-08, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tallgirl Click to send private message to tallgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: EDITING ???"
Then the editing started with the first show. She was in it to win it and I don't really mean loose weight but the money.

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-21-08, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: EDITING ???"
If you don't want the editors to make you look bad, don't give them anything to work with. If you don't act bad, they can't make you look bad. They can't edit mean words in.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •