The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Shame on NBC"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

Novo 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-01-08, 08:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Novo Click to send private message to Novo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Shame on NBC"
Jerry was on our local Cleveland news last night and he confirmed what I suspected while watching the show last night, they set the whole no voting thing up to get rid of him because of his injuries etc I knew that's what they were doing when she announced the no vote, I told my husband, they are going to rig the scales and get rid of Jerry and then on the news last night he said he did not gain 2 lbs, he lost 5 lbs.
So he was unfairly removed from the show. I had always suspected they rigged those scales and now I know it and I am so disgusted at the lack of integrity with this show!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Shame on NBC aquariaqueen 10-01-08 1
   RE: Shame on NBC Breezy 10-01-08 2
 RE: Shame on NBC cipher5150 10-01-08 3
 RE: Shame on NBC newsomewayne 10-01-08 4
   RE: Shame on NBC Estee 10-01-08 5
       RE: Shame on NBC Snidget 10-01-08 6
           RE: Shame on NBC newsomewayne 10-01-08 7
               RE: Shame on NBC Snidget 10-01-08 8
                   RE: Shame on NBC newsomewayne 10-01-08 9
 RE: Shame on NBC Dianimal59 10-02-08 10
   RE: Shame on NBC flystorms 10-08-08 11
       RE: Shame on NBC MrGoodTimes 10-08-08 12
 RE: Shame on NBC brvnkrz 10-09-08 13
   RE: Shame on NBC YankeeDixieDoodle 11-24-08 17
 RE: Shame on NBC pmspml5 10-10-08 14
 RE: Shame on NBC newsomewayne 10-21-08 15
   RE: Shame on NBC tjdmlhw 10-22-08 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-01-08, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Shame on NBC"
I wished they wouldn't have done that. They should have just let him go from the competition. I already don't like NBC, but this is terrible. In fact, I am surprised that it wasn't illegal. I thought since this was a game with a money prize that they had to follow certain set rules.

Ack.......

JSlice special!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-01-08, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Shame on NBC"
I don't think they rigged the scale. But I do think they changed the rules this episode to allow Jerry to go home but his daughter the opportunity to stay.

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-01-08, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cipher5150 Click to send private message to cipher5150 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Shame on NBC"
If this was done it sounds to me like it was done with his knowledge and probably his consent. Otherwise how would he know what his “real” weight was? They certainly don’t have scales back in their rooms and they are not told what they weigh prior to the filmed weigh-in. If he weighed himself at home the next day and was five pounds lighter, well, that doesn’t mean he didn’t weigh five pounds heavier the night before. (I weigh myself everyday and can tell you that I always weigh 2-3 pounds heavier in the evening than I do the following morning and I’m half his size).

And even if they did “rig” it, there was still no guarantee that he would be the one going home (although it would be a pretty fair assumption that he wouldn’t let his daughter take that bullet). Most likely they had a long discussion with him about it prior to it and laid out their “script”. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there was something dealing with injuries in the rules/contract they sign.

He could barely participate before he was injured. What do you expect NBC to do when they have a player who is injured so badly that they are probably unable to participate in anything? If he can’t participate for an extended period of time it’s certainly not fair to the other players and it’s not fair to his partner, so he’s gotta go. Just because NBC dealt with this issue and presented it to the audience in what they felt was an “entertaining” way rather than, say, just kicking him off, doesn’t mean it is lacking in integrity. Many reality competition shows engage in similar practices and it is perfectly ok as the FCC considers these shows entertainment shows, not game shows that have to be regulated.

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-08, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Shame on NBC"
I'd like a link to your local news station's story, please.

It's party time! Agman is excellent! 2008

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-08, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Shame on NBC"
I tried Googling for one, but all I got was a Cleveland Plain Dealer show summary. Maybe I'm using the wrong keywords?

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-08, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Shame on NBC"
All I could find was an episode summary. It would help to have more info like what station it aired on if nothing else. Even with that they may not have the transcript or video clip online, but it adds to the ability to check out a statement like that to know which station.

"Indecision 2008: The Long Flat Seemingly Endless Bataan Death March to The White House" (April 23, 2008) --Jon Stewart

10-01-08, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Shame on NBC"
I googled for Cleveland TV stations. I got four, including the local NBC rep, and searched each one for Biggest Loser and Jerry Skeabeck and got nothing.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-08, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Shame on NBC"
Cleveland.com has something

http://www.cleveland.com/tv/index.ssf/2008/10/biggest_loser_jerry_skeabeck_g.html

But I don't know if it is affiliated with any news outlet or not, but no mention of the scale thing.

"Indecision 2008: The Long Flat Seemingly Endless Bataan Death March to The White House" (April 23, 2008) --Jon Stewart

10-01-08, 03:56 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Shame on NBC"
Yeah, I found some stuff about the show, just nothing about the fixed scales.

Dianimal59 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-02-08, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dianimal59 Click to send private message to Dianimal59 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Shame on NBC"
LAST EDITED ON 10-02-08 AT 12:58 PM (EST)

"Jerry - on the news last night he said he did not gain 2 lbs, he lost 5 lbs."

I believe the Dr. stated that Jerry was retaining water. That could certainly explain any discrepancy. I was in the hospital and had a water weight gain of more than 15 lbs due to my IV.

DH and I agree that the competition was changed to allow Jerry to go and his daughter to remain.

Forgot to mention - Yay Jerry! He's doing great, I am SO Impressed!!!

flystorms 211 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-08-08, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Shame on NBC"
The liklihood of him retaining water is pretty big. Remember when the doc measured his calves and said that there was a difference? The doc also pressed on Jerry's bad leg and it left a fingerprint dent for a moment before returning to a "normal" state. This is indicative of someone who is retaining fluid in that body part. It's entirely possible that he did gain fluid weight because of his injury.

I too, suspect that they figured out a way to keep his daughter going by creating a "twist" that night, fully knowing he had gained weight.

MrGoodTimes 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-08-08, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MrGoodTimes Click to send private message to MrGoodTimes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Shame on NBC"
I know people who are reality show writers (that's the actual term) and you would not believe how much is manipulated behind the scenes. Even events where the hosts and producers seem to be caught off-guard and have to make improvised decisions are rehearsed, or at least known about in advance.

However, game shows are regulated by federal law following the quiz show scandals of the 50's. While the producers may be lying to *us*, it's unlikely that they lied to Jerry.

Just my $.02

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-08, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Shame on NBC"
I think the best thing they did for Jerry was to send him home. He was able to change his lifestyle at a pace that was good for him and not a pace that required him to keep up with people in better health. I think if he had to stay and compete at the same pace as the others, it may have resulted in a heart attack. Planned/set up or whatever, I think it was a wise choice and worked out best for all involved.

Halloween siggie by Glow.

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-24-08, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Shame on NBC"
I've heard that the competition is quite rigorous. The female contestants eat 1200 calories a day and burn about 6000 per workout session.

pmspml5 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-10-08, 07:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Shame on NBC"
I'm sorry - NBC could never "rig" the scale as this would be a federal crime with huge penalties. Any time a prize with money is involved there are major regulations. The rules have to be in place before the show starts - same as with survivor. The season in Palau where they decided not to merge the tribes is a very good example. They had no idea the tribes would end up being so lopsided and could not change their plan and that left Stefanie on a tribe by herself.

Did you see the follow up on him and just how much he's lost since the show. He is my favorite to get the "losers" prize.

10-21-08, 12:27 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Shame on NBC"
Well, so much for that theory.

Fear the reaper.

tjdmlhw 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-22-08, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tjdmlhw Click to send private message to tjdmlhw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Shame on NBC"
Keep in mind that the 'What they look like now' segment was taped 4 weeks ago, while the Jerry you saw last night was taped 2 to 3 months ago.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •