The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The trainer challenge."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-30-08, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The trainer challenge."
Four questions.

1. Did either or both know that was coming, or was that an acting job we saw last night? (I say surprise.)

2. Did Jillian throw the challenge to put herself in the underdog role again? (It looked like she ran out of gas -- but on an escalator?)

3. Was Bob picking his teams strictly to get a winner in his group, or was he thinking about who he really needed to work with most? (It looked like he was trying to assemble those with strong potential.)

4. Was there any revenge in the picks? (Bob ignored Paul & Kelly after they snubbed him for Jillian in the all vs. one week.)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The trainer challenge. jbug 01-30-08 1
 RE: The trainer challenge. brvnkrz 01-30-08 2
   Bob's picks trigirl 01-30-08 3
       RE: Bob's picks brvnkrz 01-30-08 9
   RE: The trainer challenge. Breezy 01-30-08 6
   RE: The trainer challenge. Ahtumbreez 01-30-08 7
 RE: The trainer challenge. mia rules18 01-30-08 4
   RE: The trainer challenge. MKitty 01-30-08 5
       RE: The trainer challenge. mtopaz 01-30-08 8
 RE: The trainer challenge. Ahtumbreez 01-30-08 10
   RE: The trainer challenge. samboohoo 01-30-08 11
       RE: The trainer challenge. Ahtumbreez 01-31-08 12
 RE: The trainer challenge. aquariaqueen 01-31-08 13
 RE: The trainer challenge. micspics 02-03-08 14
 RE: The trainer challenge. jd8855 02-03-08 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-08, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The trainer challenge."
1. Did either or both know that was coming, or was that an acting job we saw last night? (I say surprise.) surprise, surprise

2. Did Jillian throw the challenge to put herself in the underdog role again? (It looked like she ran out of gas -- but on an escalator?) I don't think she threw it.

3. Was Bob picking his teams strictly to get a winner in his group, or was he thinking about who he really needed to work with most? (It looked like he was trying to assemble those with strong potential.) looked like Bob was picking the heavy teams who usually produced the biggest numbers - not who needed him the most

4. Was there any revenge in the picks? (Bob ignored Paul & Kelly after they snubbed him for Jillian in the all vs. one week.) don't think so - still say he was picking the heaviest ones

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-08, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The trainer challenge."
1. I think it was a surprise. One that did not make Jillian happy.
2. I wouldn't say she threw it. I might say that she didn't necessarily give it her all though.
3. I am unhappy with Bob. Bob should have stuck with his original team members who picked him.
4. I don't think it was revenge. I don't think Bob is that kind of guy. I do think he was picking winners.

An Arkie original.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-30-08, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Bob's picks"
I am unhappy with Bob. Bob should have stuck with his original team members who picked him.

I can't remember his original picks. Which teams were they?

I think they were definitely surprised and they almost looked a little pi$$ed. Don't think Jillian threw the challenge, but was surprised to see her falter.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-08, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Bob's picks"
The Blue team was one of his original as were the other two teams that he picked. So he basically picked his original, minus the blue. He should have stuck with the blue team.

An Arkie original.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-08, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The trainer challenge."
I agree!

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-08, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The trainer challenge."
Agree two or is it three.

Agman took me to the islands

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-30-08, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mia%20rules18 Click to send private message to mia%20rules18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The trainer challenge."
3. Was Bob picking his teams strictly to get a winner in his group, or was he thinking about who he really needed to work with most? (It looked like he was trying to assemble those with strong potential.)

I think for sure he was picking those with the most potential...lets face it, Bob needs a win against Jillian this season...there's been much much hype over Jillian (deserved-she is fabulous) but less over Bob who is also an amazing trainer.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-30-08, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The trainer challenge."
Yeah, I tend to agree that Bob needs a win a it seems to be all about Jillian this season (she had more teams pick her in the beginning of the season) so maybe he was picking for pure strength. I did seem so out of character..but I think he is feeling like nobody thinks he can do it and he is not as strong as Jillian...and he has something to prove.

That said, I was still shocked to see the margin of difference between the two at the challenge...and Bob didn't even look winded at the end (unless they edited to show him 30 minutes afterwards!!)
As I said in my previous note in the other thread, all these weekly twists and turns are driving me mental..and I don't think that Bob and Jillian appreciate being pawns in this whole thing as well.

*winter delight from Sharnina*

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-30-08, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The trainer challenge."
*being pulled out of long lurkdom by TBL!*

First, I haven't watched this show much before this season, so I'm not completely in tune with the Bob vs. Jillian thing. But obviously, it sounds as if Jillian has produced the biggest loser in one or more recent seasons?

I did think the challenge was a surprise to both trainers. I think Jillian may not have given it 100% to win. And who knows, what if she just downed a liter of water and a healthy meal? Maybe she was afraid she'd throw up. (Okay, unlikely but you never know!)

Bob said that the game playing makes him crazy. I think he picked teams that have shown not only their commitment to losing weight, but their success in doing so. Fair or not, he won the challenge and to the winner goes the spoils.

Despite her record, I think Jillian has her work cut out for her this time. I mean, what happened with the yellow team last night? Unfortunately or not, the results vindicated Bob's choices.

I'm totally hooked on this show!

01-30-08, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The trainer challenge."
I don't know if you'd call it revenge, but it did cross my mind that Bob was put out and did suspect watering from Britney last week. So this week may have decided she didn't want the weight loss as much as the win and was put off by that.

But I may be wrong, it's been known to happen once or twice.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-08, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The trainer challenge."
Tummy: I almost thought that too, but he did pick Dan and Jackie first, and I think they may have done so as well.

Boo and Captain Chaos sitting in a tree . . .

01-31-08, 12:15 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The trainer challenge."
Ohhhhh, you're so right. Forgot about Kelly and Paul doing that also.

I'm back to being mad at Bob and feeling sorry for Brit and Bernie.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-31-08, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The trainer challenge."
I think the trainers know more about what's going on than what they lead on about.

I don't have a problem with which teams Bob picked.

But I am shocked that Jillian almost acted like she gave up and then DID NOT finish the challenge. All I could do was hear her yelling at her people.

And to throw another one in....the teams have changed 4-5 times, I'm not so sure they won't change again.

micspics 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-03-08, 02:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail micspics Click to send private message to micspics Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The trainer challenge."
You know, I was thinking that maybe Jillian was sick. She has been wearing her jacket quite a bit, and I thought that if she wasn't feeling so hot she might have the chills. No matter how good of shape someone is in, if they're sick, their butt's gonna get kicked in by a challenge like that.

jd8855 105 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-03-08, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jd8855 Click to send private message to jd8855 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The trainer challenge."
1. Was definitely a surprise - neither one of them are that good at acting.

2. She did not throw the challenge I don't think it's in her, and she was really upset with some of his choices.

3. Yeah Bob was picking the bigger team - a) they have proven them selves to be good at challenges and two they are going to produce the biggest numbers.

4. I don't think there was revenge involved I think he picked based on strategy. that is it.. and he can work his team harder i.e. with weights etc. more so than the other team. he will produce the larger numbers.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •