The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"11.08 double episode..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

deweydrop 229 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-09-06, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail deweydrop Click to send private message to deweydrop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"11.08 double episode..."
I was NOT HAPPY with Bob's attitude last night AT ALL. Granted, he had a fair point about Jaron's diet...but he could have done it without the attitude. Especially when in the gym...when he pointed to all the guys (original blue team) and said "you people deserve to be here" and said nothing to Jaron...THAT SUCKED.

I'm sorry...I lost some respect for Bob after that.

Now, I think Not-Jillian (heheh) handled it a smidge better...but I wouldn't give her trainer of the year award. I'm glad she gave Addriene (sp?) another chance at a last chance workout. Kim let Addriene "fail" on her own, then took her back. Sometimes people need that.

I'm astounded on how much weight these "at home" people have lost...but Bob DID nail it on the head - they haven't gained any strength...and this is key to keeping up the weight loss (muscle burns more fat).

I hope these 2 'at home now on the ranch' contestants can see the errors of their ways at home (the 'stuck in a routine') and learn that it is a life-long commitement.

so sorry to see Bobby go last night...you know I wanted Heather to be shown the door. Bobby looked great those! YEARS younger with his longer hair too. I'm very much impressed with him.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 11.08 double episode... Breezy 11-09-06 1
 RE: 11.08 double episode... samboohoo 11-09-06 2
 RE: 11.08 double episode... Cyndimaus 11-09-06 3
 RE: 11.08 double episode... Pretty_Kitty 11-09-06 4
   RE: 11.08 double episode... Cyndimaus 11-10-06 9
 RE: 11.08 double episode... MKitty 11-09-06 5
   RE: 11.08 double episode... YankeeDixieDoodle 11-09-06 6
       RE: 11.08 double episode... AshLanie 11-10-06 8
           RE: 11.08 double episode... finallytyping 11-11-06 13
       RE: 11.08 double episode... HeavenlyGrl 11-10-06 10
           RE: 11.08 double episode... EMTBGRL 11-10-06 11
               RE: 11.08 double episode... yamihooked 12-12-06 17
                   RE: 11.08 double episode... EMTBGRL 12-12-06 18
   RE: 11.08 double episode... YankeeDixieDoodle 11-09-06 7
 RE: 11.08 double episode... MizJazmine 11-11-06 12
   RE: 11.08 double episode... petmama 11-11-06 14
   RE: 11.08 double episode... Cyndimaus 11-11-06 15
       RE: 11.08 double episode... petmama 11-14-06 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-09-06, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 11.08 double episode..."
I didn't like either trainer's attitudes last night. I didn't blame Jaron at all for asking to try out the other trainer after Bob was so rude to him.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-09-06, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 11.08 double episode..."
I too was surprised at Bob. The only thing I can think is that he was really trying to support his three guys. I thought they were all in the gym when he said that.

I too was sad to see Bobby go. He did look younger, years younger. I think I like him better with the shorter hair though.

Thanks Tribe!

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-09-06, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 11.08 double episode..."
I too was surprised at the attitudes of the trainers. They seemed to go along with the "they are outsiders" mentality. I expected it from the Losers but not the trainers.

I do think that Kai and Heather were acting quite immature on the night the new players arrived by trying to move the bed out of their room. Junior High anyone? I really do hope that Kai's reaching out to Adriane was genuine. (I was waiting for a nasty Kai confessional and was glad we didn't get one)

It may sound mean, but I really hope Heather's "gain weight" strategy backfires on her.

Speaking of gaining weight, I was so impressed with Eric! A 20 pound loss was awesome! Good for him!

I was sad to see Bobby go but was glad to see he did well after returning home.

sig courtesy of Cygnus
Mouse on the move by Snidget

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-09-06, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 11.08 double episode..."
Im only half watching this season was Bob blue or red? what state was he from?

thanks
PK

11-10-06, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 11.08 double episode..."
Bob is the trainer for the blue team. If you're talking about Bobby, the one who was eliminated, he was on the blue team. I don't remember what state he is from.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-09-06, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 11.08 double episode..."
I am soooo glad you posted this note Deweydrop, as I was going to post the same thing this morning! I was aghast at the contestant and trainer's attitudes towards the new people. I couldn't believe how mean and two-faced they all were to the newbies. The newbies deserved to be there...did really well at home without personal chefs and personal trainers and were treated like crap, even by the trainers! Shame on you Bob!

And Kai being nice to Adrian's face (is that her name?) and then stabbing her in the back???..evil with a capital "E"!!!

Yup, I was pretty disgusted by the awful behaviour by some of them. I expected it from Kai and Heather, but not from Bob and not-Jillian...

Ah well, now it's everyone for themselves...that should be interesting!!!

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-09-06, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 11.08 double episode..."
I thought Bob's "you people deserve to be here" comment was uncalled for. Especially since, without his and kim's assistance, Adrian and Jaron lost more weight than anyone at the ranch.

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-10-06, 06:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 11.08 double episode..."
>I thought Bob's "you people deserve
>to be here" comment was
>uncalled for. Especially since, without
>his and kim's assistance, Adrian
>and Jaron lost more weight
>than anyone at the ranch.
>

I agree but I think both trainers were shown not to be needed by all that wish to loose weight.

These two trainers have not had the results with their *clients* as the two newest arrivals have had without having a trainer.

Surely it didn't look good for the viewers to see this.

Also, wish to add, what is it with the female trainer (forgot her name) supporting Heather's weight gain for the game?

I thought the sole purpose of trainers was to encoutage weight loss.......Seems the trainers this season are more into the game of the show and not weight loss.

I am very disappointed in both trainers in their actions and words. Seems they are now playing the game also and have lost sight of why they are there.

Even if this is the way the producers wish to go, make it more game play than weight loss, the trainers whould have some integrity and say no.

Heck, it is hard now to disquinsih the contestants from the trainers for game play.

finallytyping 400 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-06, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: 11.08 double episode..."
Yo-yo dieting is a huge problem among people trying to
lose large amounts of weight. It has been shown to be very
damaging. If the trainers were of any quality, they would
surely point this out to Heather and tell her that no amount
of money is worth causing more harm to your body.

It is much easier to gain 2 pounds and have it stick around
than lose 2 pounds and have it stay off. I hope this
"strategy" comes back to bite Heather on her butt.
If she's lucky, maybe it will bite 2 pounds off!

HeavenlyGrl 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-10-06, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HeavenlyGrl Click to send private message to HeavenlyGrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: 11.08 double episode..."
>I thought Bob's "you people deserve
>to be here" comment was
>uncalled for. Especially since, without
>his and kim's assistance, Adrian
>and Jaron lost more weight
>than anyone at the ranch.
>

I agree the comment was harsh, I could see how he is defensive of "his" guys, but keep those thoughts to yourself. I think the reason the "at-home" contestants lost more wieght at home without the trainer is because they didn't gain any muscle, they were all about doing cardio. Muscle, as we all know, is heavier than fat, and I think that is a huge factor.

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-10-06, 11:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 11.08 double episode..."
"Muscle, as we all know, is heavier than fat, and I think that is a huge factor."

Actually, that's a common mistake/ misbelief/ misinformation. I am not surprised to see that here. However, that's wrong. A pound is a pound is a pound...Therefore, a pound of muscle is the same as a pound of fat.

There's just less mass in a pound of muscle, so it looks different on the body, and there is physically less of a pound of muscle on a scale.

But, the measurement of "one pound" never changes.

For example, what is heavier, a pound of feathers or a pound of lead? The answer? They are both a pound, but you have MORE feathers. Get it?

Fat cells never go away, either. They just shrink.

>

yamihooked 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-12-06, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail yamihooked Click to send private message to yamihooked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: 11.08 double episode..."
>"Muscle, as we all know, is heavier than fat, and I
>think that is a huge factor."
>
>Actually, that's a common mistake/ misbelief/
>misinformation. I am not surprised to see that here. However,
>that's wrong. A pound is a pound is a pound...Therefore,
>a pound of muscle is the same as a pound of fat.
>
>There's just less mass in a pound of muscle, so it
>looks different on the body, and there is physically less
>of a pound of muscle on a scale.
>
>But, the measurement of "one pound" never changes.
>
>For example, what is heavier, a pound of feathers or a
>pound of lead? The answer? They are both a pound,
>but you have MORE feathers.
>Get it?
>
>Fat cells never go away, either.
>They just shrink.
>
>>

Huh? There's less mass on a pound of muscle than in a pound of fat? What? No, sorry, you are wrong. The terms Pounds and Mass are virtually interchangeable here on earth for most purposes. Unless you visit a lower gravity area, 20 lbs of muscle will both weigh and mass 20 lbs. If you go into orbit, 20 lbs of muscle with weigh nothing but still mass 20 lbs.

A pound of muscle takes up less room than a pound of fat, but the amount of MASS doesn't change. The DENSITY changes.

I wasn't going to respond to a post that's a month old, but I see no one else did. I couldn't let someone so confused try to correct someone else.

Muscle, per cubic inch, IS heavier than fat because it's more dense. The original poster you quoted here was correct.

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-12-06, 11:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: 11.08 double episode..."
>>"Muscle, as we all know, is heavier than fat, and I
>>think that is a huge factor."
>>
>>Actually, that's a common mistake/ misbelief/
>>misinformation. I am not surprised to see that here. However,
>>that's wrong. A pound is a pound is a pound...Therefore,
>>a pound of muscle is the same as a pound of fat.
>>
>>There's just less mass in a pound of muscle, so it
>>looks different on the body, and there is physically less
>>of a pound of muscle on a scale.
>>
>>But, the measurement of "one pound" never changes.
>>
>>For example, what is heavier, a pound of feathers or a
>>pound of lead? The answer? They are both a pound,
>>but you have MORE feathers.
>>Get it?
>>
>>Fat cells never go away, either.
>>They just shrink.
>>
>>>
>
>Huh? There's less mass on a
>pound of muscle than in
>a pound of fat?
>What? No, sorry, you
>are wrong. The terms
>Pounds and Mass are virtually
>interchangeable here on earth for
>most purposes. Unless you
>visit a lower gravity area,
>20 lbs of muscle will
>both weigh and mass 20
>lbs.

Yes, but we BOTH in agreement to the fact that a pound is a pound is a pound. It doesn't matter a pound of WHAT. It's a pound. I meant density, not mass, so I will accept that. HOWEVER. the reason nobody else argued this point in a month? The fact that muscle does NOT weigh more than fat? Is correct.

Therefore, I do NOT stand corrected.

I wasn't going to respond to
>a post that's a month
>old, but I see no
>one else did. I
>couldn't let someone so confused
>try to correct someone else.
>
>
>Muscle, per cubic inch, IS heavier
>than fat because it's more
>dense. The original poster
>you quoted here was correct.

No, the original poster and you are incorrect. I stand by the fact the measurement on a scale of one pound DOES NOT CHANGE depending on what he object sitting on the scale happens to be.

I never mentioned space. Here on Earth? The weight of "one pound" is clear. In terms of weight loss A pound of fat would take up physically more SPACE than a pound of muscle. However, they are both still ONE POUND.

I am sorry, but I am not confused. I am familiar with "one pound."

>

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-06, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 11.08 double episode..."
When I saw Kai hugging Adrian and gushing about how "wonderful" it was to see her again, I knew she was trying to manipulate her. Into her and Heather's "we can't let a man win" alliance. And, did you hear Heather last night? Running her mouth about how she still expects to win. Even after gaining four pounds! Get a life, Heather!

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-11-06, 07:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: 11.08 double episode..."
I lost a lot of respect for both of the trainers. To me it was just wrong. I felt like they were attacking & punnishing those people for losing the weight on their own. Basically calling them quitters when they didn't continue with the bricks even tho' the task was over, to me was a way of trying to mind screw them and make them feel less than. IMO it was all very ugly and bordered abusive. Jarron & Addrienne must be some really nice people 'cuz I think I would have really let them all have it. There wouldn't of been no vote 'cuz they'd of been putting me on a plane with a quickness! lol

I was concerned about Bobby as to whether he really internalized what he was learning. I'm glad to see that he did and he looks great. He just so reminded me of a gentle cowboy. I'm really happy for him.

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-06, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: 11.08 double episode..."
Adrian and Jaron's losing more weight, on their own, than those at the ranch must've been quite a blow to Bob and Kim's egos. It still doesn't excuse their attitude, though.

11-11-06, 02:00 PM (EST)
15. "RE: 11.08 double episode..."
Speaking of the bricks...do you guys think the other teams would have kept going and finished the task if THEY has the bricks instead? I was wondering that as I was watching. It just seemed so petty. The "we're better than you are" mindset was bugging me. I understand the whole "not quitting" attitude but there seemed to be an air of superiority about it.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-06, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: 11.08 double episode..."
I doubt any of the duos, especially Heather's, would've finished moving the bricks, either.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •