The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Biggest Loser, Season 3, Episode 1 Official Summary"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-27-06, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Biggest Loser, Season 3, Episode 1 Official Summary"
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-06 AT 06:00 PM (EST)

Welcome to Season 3 of The Biggest Loser. The official Season 3 because I’m not counting this summer’s bonus season. Kind of like how I don’t count calories, which is why I have turned into a "Big Gainer."

In two seasons, contestants from all over the country have lost a "ton" of weight. That’s right, just over 2,000 pounds. The frenzy has inspired people to start their own "Biggest Loser" clubs: hospitals, offices, gyms. Heck, we even started one in OT.

This season features a new gym, new challenges, new temptations, and a new trainer. It also features a big twist: the starting number of contestants. The starting number is 50, one person from every state. But by the end of the day that 50 will be whittled down to a mere 14. (At this point Proctor & Gamble has decided it does not like this twist and has pulled its commercials for the season.)

The Group Weigh-In

Back again is our ever chipper host, Caroline Rhea. She gathers the group in front of one of the biggest scales any of them has ever seen. All 50 contestants get on the scale. The beginning weight: 14,384!

The Trainers

Zooming in on a zip line come our trainers for this season: Bob Harper, joining us again from last year and Kim Lyons who, among other things, has served as a fitness expert in magazines as “Oxygen,” “Muscle,” “Fitness,” and “SELF.” The series seems to have "lost" Jillian for this year, and there is no mention of her. Too bad they didn’t have Bob “lose” his hairstyle.

The Team Selection

The contestants begin a series of aerobic movements such as jumping jacks, running in place, and cardio boxing movements. Kim and Bob go up and down the rows of contestants checking them out, talking to them, etc. After a few minutes (which seemed like a lifetime to some of the contestants), Bob and Kim go on stage to announce their team selections:

Bob: Tiffany from Texas - Something in her triggered his heart.

Kim: Ken from Washington - She feels he will provide entertainment.

Bob: Bobby from Tennessee - A state he'd like to see do well. He must be a Vols fan.

Kim: Kai from Alaska - No reason given.

Bob: Brian from California - No reason given.

Kim: Nelson from Massachusetts – No reason given.

Bob: Melinda from Alabama – No reason given.

Kim: Pam from Indiana – No reason given.

Bob: Marty from Missouri – No reason given.

Kim: Wylie from Florida – No reason given.

Bob: Amy from Maryland – Again going with sports theme.

Kim: Heather from Utah – No reason given.

Bob: Erik from New York – He feels that Erik really needs his help.

Kim: Jennifer (“Jen”) from Minnesota – She has had her head down the whole time, and Kim wants it to be the last day she hangs her head.

Bob has the blue team, Kim the red. The two teams go off and leave the other 36 behind. At this point, Caroline announces to the remaining 36 that they are still in the competition - they would just be training from home. The man and woman who have the highest weight-loss percentage will be invited back to the ranch. The 36 are also going home with the following:

Personalized Training Program from 24 Fitness

The Biggest Loser Book - I think I've cracked my own personal copy open once.

The Biggest Loser Workout DVD - I don't even think I've popped the seal on mine.

Free Membership to thebiggestloserclub.com

Individual Weigh-Ins
The teams meet with the trainers to discuss themselves and their goals, etc. Then come the individual weigh-ins:

Bob: Blue Team

Tiffany: 255
Marty: 365
Bobby: 321
Brian: 308
Amy: 260
Erik: 407
Melinda: 236

Total Blue Team Starting Weight: 2,152

Kim: Red Team

Wylie: 307
Nelson: 404
Heather: 223
Jen: 245
Kai: 262
Ken: 358
Pam: 247

Total Red Team Starting Weight: 2,046

There is one week until the first elimination. The team with the lowest percentage of weight loss will have to send someone home.

Really Rougin’ It

Just when the teams think they are going to go to their Ranch house, they are surprised that they are going for their first workout in the gym. An even bigger surprise comes when the find out that they are also spending the first night in the gym, on the floor, in sleeping bags. At least Bob and Kim spend the night with them.

More Exercise and Dieting

The next morning the teams go for a major outdoor workout of running up hills. They then return to the gym for more cardio, weights, squats, lunges and puking. Lots of puking.
Bob and Kim meet with the teams to discuss meal plans.

Bob's Diet
Lean Proteins (Chicken, Turkey)
Fresh Fruits and Veggies
Beans/Legumes
Nuts
Fat Free and Low Fat Cheese, Yogurt and Milk

Kim's Diet
Oatmeal
Egg White Scrambles
Fresh Fruit
Fat Free Yogurt and Milk
Low Sodium Tomato Juice

Kim's diet seems to consist of just breakfast. I bet I'd lose a ton of weight myself if I only had breakfast. 

First Challenge

The teams gather at the Colorado Street Bridge for their first challenge. There is a series of four walls along the bridge. Each wall is higher than the previous. The team members must climb over each wall, and all team members must be over the wall before they can move on to the next one. The first team to climb all four walls and burst through the barricade at the end will win. The prize for the winning team is that on weigh-in day, they may swap any member of their team for any member of the other team. (So if you have a team member who has not had a good week and has maybe only lost 8 pounds, you can swap her with someone on the other team who you think has maybe lost more than 8 pounds.)

The teams are off, and the competition is pretty close throughout the race. At one point my mind went into “Survivor” mode and I just kept seeing Colby throwing Jerry over the wall, which sent me into fits of laughter. In the end, the Red Team pulled ahead and won the race. The Blue Team kept up the effort and did finish the challenge.

Back at the house, the Red Team pretends to be sad when Kim comes to check on the results. They then surprise her with news of their victory. The Red Team celebrates with a relaxing evening.

The Blue Team is deflated, but they are ready to eat. Bob convinces them “not to eat at this low point,” but instead to go to the gym and burn some energy. His focus now is on the weigh-in, and he wants to make sure they win that.

Day Before Weigh-In

The Blue Team is down again. All of the guys on the team have daughters at home and are really starting to feel homesick. Bobby feels ready to quit. The teams head to the gym for a final workout where the Blue Team really goes at it.

Weigh-In

As winners of the challenge, the Red Team has the benefit of swapping one of their members for one of the Blue Team members. They opt to swap Jen for Amy because they have observed Amy in the gym and feel she has really had a good week.

The Red Team is up first.

Wylie: 307 to 293 for a loss of 14

Nelson: 404 to 385 for a loss of 19

Heather: 223 to 214 for a loss of 9

Kai: 262 to 250 for a loss of 12

Ken: 358 to 340 for a loss of 18

Pam: 247 to 237 for a loss of 10

Amy (from the Blue Team): 260 to 244 for a loss of 16

Total loss for the Red Team: 98 pounds/4.75%

The Blue Team needs to lose a total of 101 pounds in order to win.

Jen (from the Red Team): 245 to 237 for a loss of 8

Tiffany: 255 to 243 for a loss of 12

Marty: 365 to 345 for a loss of 20

Bobby: 321 to 303 for a loss of 18

Brian: 308 to 285 for a loss of 23

Erik: 407 to 391 for a loss of 16

Melinda: 236 to 225 for a loss of 11

Total loss for the Blue Team: 108/5.05%

The Blue Team Wins! The Red Team will have to eliminate one person from their team and, since Ken had the highest percentage of weight loss, he will have immunity.

Elimination

Back at the house, Kim walks into a somber Red Team. They sit down to talk things over and, at that point, Heather unloads her frustration on Jen because she feels that Jen didn’t give 100% and that Jen cost them the win. Keep in mind that Heather herself lost a whopping 9 pounds while Jen lost 8 and the team as a whole decided to swap Jen for Amy instead of for one of the bigger Blue Team guy members. Heather’s outburst makes the Red Team feel worse.

At the Elimination ceremony, Caroline reminds the team that Ken has immunity. The team starts to vote and when giving their explanation, each member indicates that he/she is voting for the person who has caused dissention among the team. It
certainly looks as though Heather could go.

Ken votes Jen

Wylie votes Jen

Kai votes Jen

Jen takes the high road and says that she is voting for the
person she feels can really go far – a respect vote and votes for Heather.

Heather votes Jen

With that, Jen is eliminated and the other team votes are not shown.

Heather leaves the ranch. The update on Heather is that she
lost an additional 58 pounds at home for a total of 66 pounds.

ETA: Pictures loaded on other computer.

Thanks Tribe!

I apologize for the delay. I wasn't able to even watch until Sunday and then realized it was 2 hours. At that point, I'm sure I had the same expression on my face that these contestants had when they found out they were spending the night in the gym.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Biggest Loser, Season 3, Ep... Cyndimaus 09-27-06 1
 RE: The Biggest Loser, Season 3, Ep... MKitty 09-27-06 2
 Yay! Breezy 09-27-06 3
   RE: Yay! petmama 09-27-06 4
       RE: Yay! MKitty 09-27-06 5
 RE: The Biggest Loser, Season 3, Ep... weltek 10-03-06 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-27-06, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Biggest Loser, Season 3, Episode 1 Official Summary"
Super-great job!

Too bad they didn’t have Bob “lose” his hairstyle.

That one made me giggle!

sig courtesy of Cygnus
Mouse on the move by Snidget
Thanks for rescuing me! I'm triple checking my VCR tonight so I'll be ready for tonight's episode. I'll be sure to be able to write the summary!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-27-06, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Biggest Loser, Season 3, Episode 1 Official Summary"
I missed the first part of the show, so thanks for the summary! I am looking forward seeing how the teams do tonight...go Bob!!(he's still my fave

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-06, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Yay!"
Great job!

I loved how Bob got them to workout when they were down instead of eating. Got to break those bad emotional eating habits. I'm trying to do the same.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-27-06, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Yay!"
Think of how many calories you'll save. By taking a walk everytime you feel like doing some of that "emotional eating."

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-27-06, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Yay!"
If I took a walk everytime I felt "emotional eating" come on..I would be the skinniest broad in town!! LOL...

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-06, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Biggest Loser, Season 3, Episode 1 Official Summary"
I'm late to the game, but I have to say, great job! I *heart* the title.

-A Spooky Seana Sig

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •