The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Biggest Loser 2 Finale - Half the Man I Used To Be?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-01-05, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Biggest Loser 2 Finale - Half the Man I Used To Be?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-05 AT 05:40 PM (EST)

This summary is brought to you as a joint effort of Volsfan and MTW1961

Greetings all and welcome to the summary of The Biggest Loser 2 as MTW and I will bring you all the action! I have made fun of the recap finale that was The Apprentice 2 but I can now move on to the worst finale (based on all the recaps) in reality show history. Let me make it clear that I loved the people and I enjoyed seeing it play out live but the entire “live” part of the show lasted about 45 minutes out of a two hour show.

I am not going to recap the recap so please don’t think I am cutting things short. I just think it is more interesting to tell you new things.

Before we get to the final three we are going to see all those previously voted off the show for one final weigh-in. The person with the largest percentage of weight loss will win $100,000!

Caroline appears on stage in her funeral dress and is in black from head to toe. Her hair is all over the top of her head and looks as if she has just gotten out of bed. She tells us that the show is about losing weight the old fashion way…yet she doesn’t think it is important for her to lose weight. BLAH BLAH BLAH!

Caroline finally decides to introduce the ones voted off:

Ruben is out first with jeans and a plaid shirt on and looks like a totally different person. He is one hot man and could be a male model.

Kathryn comes out dressed in black with a sour puss face that let’s us know she isn’t happy. She appears to have not lost much weight since we last saw her.

Ryan is next and I must say she is a knockout! She is wearing a very low cut evening gown showing off her oobies! She looks like a beauty queen and very impressive that she has continued her weight loss.

Suzanne Jen is wearing blue and is on hot momma. She has lost a tremendous amount of weight and looks mahvelous!

Pete is dressed in khakis and a dress shirt. He looks like he lost all of the weight he wanted. He is very thin and attractive. WOW! I can’t believe how small he is.

Mark comes out fired up in jeans and a gray t-shirt. His face is so sleek and he appears to have lost more weight since we last saw him.

Shannon prances out like the belle of the ball. She is wearing a shiny dress with a very low front. Another masterpiece!

Jeff comes out in a dark blue suit and has transformed into a very slender business man. He looks great and is very happy.

Andrea decides to dress down and wears tight fitting pants and top. She can pull the look off and is very pretty.

Nick decided to not participate in the event. Hhmmmm wonder what prompted this action?

Caroline asks a few questions and we learn that Suzanne reached her goal of fitting into her wedding dress. Jeff says that he is now leading by example by practicing what he preaches.

We are now shown a touching segment of Matt, Seth and Suzy returning home.

Matt’s family and friends have gathered in the backyard to greet him. Matt explains that he missed everyone and that he lost a “little bit” of weight. Guess what? He also cried! His mother says she is very proud of her son.

Suzy’s family also gathered in the backyard by the pool. It was an emotional homecoming as she explains how tough it was and how it has changed her life.

Seth’s family greets him in the living room of his house. His wife is in shock and talks about how grateful she is for his new outlook on life. Seth’s son is adorable! At one point Seth turned around and shook his booty and his wife spanked it! HEHEHEHE! Too cool! I am happy for all of them.

Caroline introduces Bob and Jillian as they are there to witness the weigh-in. Bob looks fetching as always…oh, Jillian looks ok too!

The Weigh-in

Ruben
Starting weight: 278
Current weight: 197
Percentage weight loss: 29.14%

Ruben flashed his abs to the camera and I have to say he could be an underwear model with a six-pack like that! Impressive.

Kathryn
Starting weight: 217
Current weight: 201
Percentage weight loss: 7.37%

This means Kathryn maintained her weight from when she left the ranch. She had lost 16 pounds at her exit.

Ryan
Starting weight: 225
Current weight: 147
Percentage weight loss: 34.67%

Ryan is now in the lead for the $100,000!

Suzanne
Starting weight: 229
Current weight: 142
Percentage weight loss: 37.99%

Suzanne takes the lead from Ryan.

Jen
Starting weight: 267
Current weight: 176
Percentage weight loss: 34.08%

Pete
Starting weight: 401
Current weight: 216
Percentage weight loss: 46.13%

Holy carp! Pete lost 185 pounds…he lost me! This propels into the lead and we find out that this inspired his wife as she has lost 70 pounds. They are going to try to start a family.

Mark
Starting weight: 358
Current weight: 193
Percentage weight loss: 46.09%

If he had lost 1 more pound he would have taken the lead.

Shannon
Starting weight: 257
Current weight: 149
Percentage weight loss: 42.02%

Jeff
Starting weight: 370
Current weight: 217
Percentage weight loss: 41.35%

Those totals are phenomenal and unbelievable.

Andrea
Starting weight: 220
Current weight: 145
Percentage weight loss: 34.09%

Pete wins $100,000! I am so happy for all of them as they look wonderful. Now let’s go over to MTW to wrap things up…who wins MTW?

Hour Number Two

That was a great hour one summary, Volsfan. What an inspiration these losers have been! I’m glad spoil sport Nick didn’t show up. I’m excited to see what’s in store the next hour! Hour one is in the books, and we know that Pete is the Biggest Loser of the losers. I wouldn’t be surprised if he turned out to be the Biggest Loser overall, including the final three. Now, we get to find out what the finalists, Seth, Matt, and Suzy have been doing for the last few months. Have they succumbed to the temptations of home? Or have they been able to stay focused and keep their eyes on the prize. What will motivate them? Is money enough? Let’s find out.

It looks like most of the hour will consist of home confessionals by the Losers. It’s hard to imagine a camera crew tagging along for three whole months. I’ll bet they popped in every now and then and followed them around a day, and also left video cameras so they could tape confessionals by themselves every now and then.

Suzy missed Bob and the constant accountability that he provided. Also, she’s trying to find a balance between home life and what she learned at the ranch. It’s not as easy as she thought it would be. To show us how difficult this has been for Suzy, we see her on a dinner outing with some friends. She tries to be good and stick to her diet, but nothing on the menu is consistent with her diet plan. She breaks down crying in the restaurant. Nighttime is most difficult. She is tempted to eat late at night, and we see her throwing a box of fudgsicles out after she ate four one night. She’s now trying to stick to a “no eating after 8:00” policy and is needs to remember that her life and eating habits have changed forever,

Seth tells us he’s going to push as hard as he can because he’s competitive and ambitious. He is dedicated to his fitness regimen, playing hockey, running and going to the gym. We learn that he, too, had to face temptation and weakness when his son had a medical crisis. At that moment, he sought comfort in food, eating a burrito. It sounds like it scared him to think that he would still turn to food for comfort. He’s afraid because he knows how fast the weight can go back on.

Matt tells us he’s motivated by the money. He’s preparing for a mini triathlon, and he’s wrestling again. He loves to compete, and is setting his goals high – perhaps the national or Olympic team. I wonder it that’s possible at his age? He had a scare when he suffered a mini concussion during wrestling practice. It will take a lot to get him to stop working out he says.

The pre-commercial tease tells us that Jello has a surprise for the three finalists – could it be a lifetime supply of Jello brand pudding and gelatin?

Nearing The Final Weigh-In

Matt visits the doctor about his concussion. Coincidentally, there is a camera in the doctor’s office. The doctor tells us about concussions and I really don’t see what it has to do with his weight loss program. Anyway, he’s okay, though the doctor would prefer he participate a non-contact sport. Yes, mother!

Suzy is aware that Seth and Matt are going all out, but she’s trying to do her thing. So is Matt. So is Seth. To the camera Seth challenges the other two to put in their time because he is doing so. Of course, he knows they won’t actually see the footage until the finale show, so it strikes me as an act of false bravado.. Suzy feel alone at this point. She hasn’t let her friends and family “in”, so to speak, though she now realizes she needs to let them help. Finally she confesses to her mom that she needs help. Mom calls Suzy an inspiration an inspiration to others, but Suzy asks, who will inspire me? At any rate, Suzy somehow found it motivational. Must be a chick thang because I don’t understand at all. I’m happy for her, though, if she found it helpful.

Seth and his wife are having dinner in Carmel. God, I love Carmel. Blatant Plug: If you ever go to Carmel, you have to go to Café Cardinale for coffee, and the Carmel Baking company for their baked desserts and breakfast pastries. Yum. Tell them MTW sent you! Seth jokes about all the fattening things he’s going to eat. “Is this what they taught you?” his wife asks. Seth talks about how difficult it is to go out to dinner and eat healthily. They show his audition footage where he’s taking four McDonald’s cheeseburgers out of a bag – they are 4 for $4. He comments that it’s more expensive to eat healthy. Looking back at my day, I reminisce about the Bacon Double Cheese Burger I had at Burger King today. Good thing my diet never starts until tomorrow. At least I had the small fries!

He ends up getting grilled salmon, with grilled veggies instead of the garlic mashed potatoes. I find it interesting that they have pixilated the artwork on the walls of the restaurant. I didn’t know they had to do this!

Seth’s wife comments that much has changed about him, but he’ still so familiar. He says he has a fire inside. He feels alive and has back the love for himself that has been missing for a long time.

Matt is shown out with his friends at a bar. He hasn’t had a drink since Feb 28 and he’s not going back. He realizes that one sip could be all it takes. A friend says they are toasting the Biggest Loser and the biggest crybaby. That’s pretty funny! Matt offers to have a water shot with them, then privately confesses that sometimes he doesn’t know where he fits in with his friends anymore. He knows he will never go back to the way he was and he thinks that is awesome. Me too Matt.

Suzy is feeling really good . Her size 10 jeans are loose now and that’s straight from the dryer when jeans are always the tightest. She is now wearing size 8 pants, which is a brand new experience for her. Also, I notice that she’s got plenty of that Quaker Weight Control oatmeal. Seth is pumped. He’s lost a lot of weight since coming home. We see him modeling his fat clothes. Two or three of the new Seth would fit in there. Matt has become a workout fool! He wants to win. They all want to win!

The Final Weigh-In Live From Hollywood

Finally, the moment we’ve been waiting for. Its time to see the final three and find out who is the Biggest Loser!

Seth is first, and we get flashbacks of Seth from the beginning. Apparently, he was quite Fat. And now the new Seth? Well, he bursts through a life size poster of the old Seth and onto the stage. Of course, he is looking great. In fact, it’s truly remarkable. I don’t think he could possibly have lost another pound. He pulls up his shirt to show us his new six pack. Unfortunately, we learn that he does have more to lose – the extra skin. That will probably take a little surgery. I think we would have been better off without that image plastered into our heads.

Suzy is next. You might be surprised to learn that she, too, was fat when she arrived at the ranch! Now we get to see the new improved Suzy, who barely makes it through the poster. She spanks her ##### for us. Quick, someone get her a pole! Of course, she too looks great. She’s trying hard to be cocky but it just isn’t in her. She just comes across as silly (but lovable). What a sweetie. She shyly admits to Caroline that she now shops in the petite department. I think that has something to do with clothes.

Matt is last. He lost 109 lbs at the ranch. He definitely had more weight loss potential since he was much heavier to begin with than either of the other two. He breaks through his “fat” poster, and ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner. He’s effing skinny. There’s no way the others could have lost more percentage weight than he did. I guess $250,000 is a lot of motivation. It doesn’t matter what the other two lost, they would have to be emaciated to match Matt. I would bet my entire hidden stash of candy that Matt is the winner. As I type this, I am actually getting ready to throw away the box of Crunch and Munch sitting on my bookcase. It just makes me feel guilty

Bob and Jillian are brought out one last time and are amazed by the results. Bob says to get Suzy programmed, he had to get her to realize she could’nt go back to her old life. Jillian is just plain speechless. Caroline reintroduces Jillian to the losers, just in case she doesn’t recognize them

Caroline takes this moment to announce the Jello surprise. She tells us that Jello wants all three to leave as winners. Second place will get $50,000 and third will get $25,000. Yay! They all are quite deserving!

The scale is ready to go. Like the last hour, they start with a brief review each loser’s experience at the ranch. Seth arrived wanting to be able to run around the park with his son. He can run now and is proud of both the physical and emotional transformation he’s made. Weigh time. Seth started at 291 lbs. His current weight is 168, so he’s lost 123 lbs or 42.27%. This is the percentage to beat. Reminder – that would have been only 3rd place for the other finalists. Both Pete and Mark lost a higher percentage.

Suzy – she says she got the fat genes in the family, while her sister and mom are skinny. She was afraid but now is excited. She has become strong and confident, and has learned she’ll never give up on herself. Weigh time: Suzy started at 227 lbs. She needs to lose 96 lbs. to take first place from Seth. Her current weight is 132, which means she’s lost 95 lbs or 41.85%! Close but no cigar. She can’t believe she was that close! Wow – just cutting a few inches of hair might have made the difference. I wonder if that was forbidden by the rules?

Final order of business; we need to weigh Matt (just to make it official). This is going to be no contest. Matt’s journey shows us that Matt went from Olympic hopeful to being unable to walk up a flight of stairs. He takes responsibility for his weight gain, and is taking the steps towards his weight loss. He’s never been prouder of himself than he is now. Weigh time: Matt started at 339 lbs. He needs to lose at least 144 lbs to win, meaning the scale shows 195 or lower. Before stepping on the scale he says that even more than the weight loss he is proud to say he’s been sober for nine months. OK, I’m guessing the scale tips for Matt at 186 lbs. Lets see how I did. The scale goes up, the scale goes down, and finally rests on…… 182 lbs. Matt has indeed done it! There was never any question in my mind. What’s more, he looks chiseled – very muscular.

Well, that’s it folks. I’m glad everyone is going home with some prize money, they ALL deserve it! And for the record, Pete would have been second in weight loss percentage only to Matt!

If this doesn’t motivate you to lose weight, just stop trying because NOTHING will. Please, everyone, stop sending me all that candy. I need your help and I need it now! It’s been a great season of the Biggest Loser, definitely one of the most inspiring reality shows on television. What’s in store for season three? You can find out right here, at Reality TV World. Thanks for reading!

Handcrafted by RollDDice!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Biggest Loser 2 Finale - Half t... Cyndimaus 12-02-05 1
 RE: Biggest Loser 2 Finale - Half t... MTW1961 12-02-05 2
   RE: Biggest Loser 2 Finale - Half t... volsfan 12-03-05 3
 RE: Biggest Loser 2 Finale - Half t... grace488 12-03-05 4
 RE: Biggest Loser 2 Finale - Half t... motormouth 12-05-05 5
 RE: Biggest Loser 2 Finale - Half t... whoami 12-05-05 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-02-05, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Biggest Loser 2 Finale - Half the Man I Used To Be?"
Excellent job to the both of you! An enjoyable read, to be sure. A few things (out of the many) things I enjoyed:

Caroline appears on stage in her funeral dress and is in black from head to toe. Her hair is all over the top of her head and looks as if she has just gotten out of bed.

Caroline introduces Bob and Jillian as they are there to witness the weigh-in. Bob looks fetching as always…oh, Jillian looks ok too!

What? You noticed Jillian too? I really am impressed!

He pulls up his shirt to show us his new six pack. Unfortunately, we learn that he does have more to lose – the extra skin. That will probably take a little surgery. I think we would have been better off without that image plastered into our heads.

I concur...he would have been better to leave the shirt down!

Wow – just cutting a few inches of hair might have made the difference. I wonder if that was forbidden by the rules?

Interesting thought...

Thanks for the summary!

Sigs by Cyg
a worthy post to be #400 for me!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-02-05, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Biggest Loser 2 Finale - Half the Man I Used To Be?"
Vols, I also thought Ryan looked hot! And I didn't even recognize Suzanne until they did the flashbacks.

Kathryn did have a sour look on her face. I wonder why they chose her to be on the show? She had the personality of a block of wood.

"He lost me!" THAT made me crack up. Reminded me of the old joke:

I just lost 145 lbs.
Diet?
No, divorce!

Handcrafted by RollDDice!

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-03-05, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Biggest Loser 2 Finale - Half the Man I Used To Be?"
Thanks for posting MTW!

I wonder why Kathryn even bothered coming back. She didn't ever look like she smiled at any point. I didn't really feel sorry for her because she had all the tools she needed in order to lose the weight due to how the others performed.

One thing I wonder is did NBC and/or The Biggest Loser offer each contestant a personal trainer after they left the ranch? I noticed Ryan had a one and some of the others in the flashbacks did also.

You made me LOL at the comment about cutting hair but after I thought about it for a while...you are right.

I finally blogged

grace488 145 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-03-05, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grace488 Click to send private message to grace488 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Biggest Loser 2 Finale - Half the Man I Used To Be?"
He pulls up his shirt to show us his new six pack. Unfortunately, we learn that he does have more to lose – the extra skin. That will probably take a little surgery. I think we would have been better off without that image plastered into our heads.

Big ditto: that hanging skin is still haunting me-but good god, he did lose the weight and looks great.

Nice recap!

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-05-05, 02:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Biggest Loser 2 Finale - Half the Man I Used To Be?"
Great job, guys! It was a good show and you both summarized it perfectly!

A totally rockin' RollDdice design

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-05-05, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Biggest Loser 2 Finale - Half the Man I Used To Be?"
Thanks for the summary. They lost a lot of weight, and they looked good, very good.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •