The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"FINALE Season 2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Desperate Housewives Forum (Protected)
Original message

shabalaba 369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-22-06, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shabalaba Click to send private message to shabalaba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"FINALE Season 2"
What else can I say except for, "WOW!"
Alot of questions were answered but new questions arose.
I have to say...I was glad that Tom's "secret" turned out as it did. I was relieved for Lynette's sake but now a new can of worms has been opened. I can see that the daughter's mom Nora is going to be a thorn in the Scavo's side for all of next season. They didn't show the daughter this time around...guess they want to make sure she is perfectly cast. I have to admit, when the mother got out of the cab and ran up to tom to give him a hug...I was thinking...there is no way that girl is 12 years old! Ha Ha...I thought she was supposed to be the daughter.
Gaby's story line is sad indeed! I know she was guilty of having had her own affair, but still...how awful for her. Two wrongs don't make a right. Guess Carlos forgot all about what Sister Mary had taught him from the Bible?
Mike???? I sure hope he didn't die. I wonder what the dentist is up to! What was he doing visiting the lady at the psychiatric hospital? Who is she? Why is he out to hurt Mike and now why is he taking roses to Bri? I smell a rat!
The Applewhites...well I can honestly say I never saw that one coming! Who knew it was Matthew that killed the girl? Hopefully, Danielle and Bri can build and work on their relationship and that this traumatic event will bring them closer. I loved the way Bri stepped forward towards the gun. "If this is what it takes for Danielle to see who you really are, then shoot me!"
Priceless!!!
Zach? He's gonna abandon Paul to be able to pocket all the money and not share. Won't anyone know he turned off the switch?
We didn't see Edie this episode...
Oh well...It was a satisfying episode and it will be interesting to see what develops next season. Did anyone see the extra deleted scene?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: FINALE Season 2 KScott 05-22-06 1
   RE: FINALE Season 2 samboohoo 05-26-06 15
 My plumber/dentist theory moonbaby 05-22-06 2
 RE: FINALE Season 2 CattyChat 05-22-06 3
   RE: FINALE Season 2 Tamena 05-23-06 4
       RE: FINALE Season 2 CattyChat 05-23-06 9
 RE: FINALE Season 2 Rhyn 05-23-06 5
 Continuity questions newsomewayne 05-23-06 6
 RE: FINALE Season 2 Surveysez 05-23-06 7
   RE: FINALE Season 2 CantStandToLook 05-23-06 8
   The Applewhites moonbaby 06-04-06 21
 RE: FINALE Season 2 Penelope Le Pew 05-24-06 10
   RE: FINALE Season 2 Penelope Le Pew 05-24-06 11
   RE: FINALE Season 2 CantStandToLook 05-25-06 12
       RE: FINALE Season 2 Penelope Le Pew 05-25-06 13
 RE: FINALE Season 2 mare0125 05-25-06 14
 SPOILER Bebo 05-28-06 16
 RE: FINALE Season 2 BlingBlong 05-30-06 17
 RE: FINALE Season 2 Toushay 06-02-06 18
   Bree Rhyn 06-03-06 19
       RE: Bree BlingBlong 06-03-06 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-22-06, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: FINALE Season 2"
I will say "WOW" right along with you!!

Glad that Tom was not having an affair, but didn't the woman who walked him up the stais look totally different that Nora? I am thinking I am not going to be liking her too much.

Carlos has pissed me off. I am sure that at his age bagging a virgin was worth it. But I guess if you think about it Gabby bagged herself one as well...

The Applewhites, who'd of thunk that??? I really like Matthew too, he was pretty HOT! I wonder who will be moving in to the Applewhotes house now?

Susan, well what can I say? I hope MIke is ok. I think the dentist (Orson), the mysterious lady in the psych ward and Mike have all entwined at some time or another. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. And Bree, I hope she doesn't get hurt again.

Edie, where the heck was she, probably still bloated in the hospital!

Zach, what an evil little boy her turned out to be.

Can't wait for next season!!!!!!!!

I got Bobbed
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-26-06, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: FINALE Season 2"
Now that I've seen it:

Mike: I think he's going to survive. He has to. There are still issues to wrap up with Zach, and now we have the introduction of Orson.

Susan/Mike/Carl: I love Carl. Love him. I do wonder how he was able to buy Susan a house when he couldn't help her out financially with the surgery - unless he's using the money that he didn't use to buy a timeshare with Edie.

Carlos/Gaby: Next season will be one of separation with a make-up after the baby arrives. I also wonder about their money. I mean they only got what 1.6 million from the hospital for the settlement. With the way Gaby spends and the lack of income, there's no way that was enough to sustain them.

Tom and Lynette: This should be interesting. I was delayed in watching the previous episode, but I suspected Tom might have another child. However, I thought it would have been as a result of a sperm bank donation, not from a one-night stand.

Zach/Paul: I think they are around a little longer.

Bree: Here we go again.

It's Arkie Love

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-06, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "My plumber/dentist theory"
It seemed to me that the dentist knows Mike from jail. Maybe the woman (dentist's sister?) bought drugs from Mike at some point in her life, made something happen that led her to the hospital and now the dentist is evening the score. Dunno. But remember I also speculated that Mike was Zach's dad. At the time I thought it was a crazy soap opera-ish theory. This is the same kinda thing

Poor Bree-another murderous man in a white coat seeking her attention.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-06, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: FINALE Season 2"
Now THAT was a FINALE!!! Best ep all season and worth tuning in next fall, just when I was fed up with the show.

Susan always annoyed me the most, but I was really enjoying the Mike-Carl-Susan triangle and when Mike kissed her, I was actually happy about it. Go figure. Mike was hit SO hard, I can't see him surviving next season -- that would be a bit incredulous, but this is TV. Sad to see Mike go, but his story is pretty much done, I guess, except for the possibility of starting up with Susan. I have to admit, though, that I like Susan & Carl together -- it's twisted, goofy fun.

Goodbye Applewhites, we barely knew ya. I was disappointed all season that things never really got going with them. Oh, well. Wonder who's moving in next?

Creepy dentist, can't wait to see what's up with him. I'm guessing that whatever he's hiding, he was worried that Mike was going to uncover it. Maybe dentist was in prison with Mike for something? Now he has the hots for Bree and yet another thing to blow up in Bree's face and threaten her sanity -- gotta love it. I was thinking the woman in the institution maybe witnessed dentist murdering someone & she went catatonic and he "checks" on her to make sure she's not going to rat him out. Theories. Kyle McLaughlin has always been the eery/sexy guy, so his character will be good.

Still surprised Carlos did the deed, but I guess they deserve each other now -- neither is faithful. I feel a little sorry for Gaby, but she still is far from "sacrificing" anything and she still has some humbling to do. Can't wait to see how it all plays out -- I assume they're going to stay together, but will they get the baby or with the maid want to keep the baby in the end?

My biggest question about Tom's situation was did he ever say that he had a paternity/DNA test done to prove the kid is his? I'm not sure if I missed it or not, but I assumed the first thing Lynette would do is demand one. Nona is a wack job and it should be interesting to see how Lynette deals with her. I want to see what the girl is like -- is she going to be sane and likeable or a nutjob like her mother?

I really enjoyed the flashbacks of everyone moving into the neighborhood. It was fun to see Rex again and creepy George. The little boy who played Andrew as a child REALLY resembled Andrew a lot. I was impressed. Even had his miserable puss look down pat.

I wonder if we'll see anymore of Paul and what ends up of him and what Zach ends up doing. Their connection with Wisteria Lane is done with Zach inheriting the fortune, getting a new cell phone & cutting ties off with Paul -- especially if Mike is dead (although I don't think Zach was really Mike's son).

Well, the writers have a couple of months to get writing and they better start out season 3 better than season 2.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Tamena 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-23-06, 07:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tamena Click to send private message to Tamena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: FINALE Season 2"
CC -
I'm pretty sure I remember Tom saying something to Lynette about wanting to make sure by having a paternity test done, and it was confirmed.

Good Season Finale...definately one of the better ones this past week

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karma doesn't come back on people because some universal controller-god pushes buttons. It comes back on people because they dig holes for themselves to fall into.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-06, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: FINALE Season 2"
Thanks, Tam. I thought I probably missed the reference, because I can't see Lynette not thinking of having real proof. Tom, on the other hand, is a bit of an imbecile so I would totally believe him falling for it without a paternity test.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-23-06, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: FINALE Season 2"
I needed a day or two to digest the show, because I half loved it, half hated it.

What I loved:

• Orson. I loved that he admired Bree's great escape, and I love that he moved in subtlely. He's smooth. (But he's also a lot of what I hated, too, so more on that later.)
  • Zach shafting his dad was brilliant and dark. I thought it a very smart choice.
  • Susan's banged-haircut was cute, but even better was the hideous, stereotypical "bad perm." It absolutely had me in stitches. I loved that she decided to propose to Mike, too.
  • The reveal about Tom's child. What a fantastically under-represented population on TV. We've seen the single mom a million times on television, but how are they going to deal with a sympathetic man with a family who theoretically could move to an apartment and pay tons of back child support at the expense of his other kids' education? It will be intensely interesting, and provide a very different story than the one we typically see. I also love the girl playing Nora. She's absolutely brilliant. What a twisted character, in an appealing way.
  • Bree's move toward Matthew and the gun was so moving and emotional. I loved it. She carried the finale last season with Rex's death, and the second season premiere with her cleaning frenzy. She's hands down the star of this show.

What I hated:

• I was really unsatisfied with the Gaby and Carlos story. I know she cheated plenty, but still, Carlos had been redeemed in my eyes, and that he was loyal and faithful to this woman was also the reason I had so much faith in her. (If he could love her, then there must be something subtle under the surface... but lately, we haven't gotten anything from Gaby's softer side. The last was when the police took the aadopted baby from them.) I don't know if I hated their story, but it really was dissatisfying.
  • Orson as a creep really bothered me. I hope it's just a case of mistaken identity (meaning, he thinks Mike is a really bad guy but is wrong) because I really like him. I don't want him to be a creep à la George.
  • I didn't like the Applewhite storyline. I was really looking forward to it after the first season finale, but I have to admit, it never ended up impressing me. I figured Matthew was the bad guy a few episodes ago, but it just wasn't a well-executed or well-woven subplot.
  • I missed Edie in the finale. She's so much fun on screen. I really think she's my most favorite antagonist ever.

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-06, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Continuity questions"
LAST EDITED ON 05-23-06 AT 09:13 AM (EST)

I really liked the finale. One of the best shows of the season. And I know it's a soap opera, but I still have a few nagging plausibility questions.

1. If Carlos was paying his gardener to do his community service for him, shouldn't he be going back to jail for parole violations?

2. Doesn't sometimes the state say if back child support is demanded, reagardless of what either parent says?

3. Betty and Caleb were shown moving. Wouldn't accessory charges be coming from somebody, somewhere? Have the police forgotten about the dead P.I. found outside their home earlier?

4. Don't life support systems have recording devices to say what has been happening? Wouldn't it record being turned off?

5. I'm not even going to go into the "waste" issues with Susan and her camper on a city street.

I think the best line of the show was near the beginning when Carlos asked, "Can't we hire a gardener who doesn't want to sleep with a woman in this house?

Edit to fix speeling.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-23-06, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: FINALE Season 2"
While Zack is creepy enough, it would seem he comes by it honestly. His grandfather's smile as he goaded him into turning off the resisitator was uber creepy.

Goodby (I hope) Applewhites. What a dissatisfying story line that turned out to be. Lock him up, he gets out, lock somebody up, he gets out, oh no, oops, locked up the wrong one. Oh well, time to move.

Just how slowly does time pass on this street? Way back when Tom told his father that Lynette would leave him if she knew what he had done. I have to assume he was not referring to the one night stand, since it was before he met her, and he said he was waiting for the paternity results before telling her about the daughter, so how much time has passed since his father's visit anyway?

Overall the finale showed how to cut the payroll costs. Mike sure looked dead on the street.

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-06, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: FINALE Season 2"
I liked Mike, though not in the way all the ladies seem to but I think he's a goner too. Susan can't be allowed to be happy. That's her role on the show, the one who never quite gets what she wants. Paul and Zach's granddad made him the way he is so I dont feel too bad for grandpa getting the plug pulled. In a way, I think that's exactly the way he wanted to go. He created the monster that he always wanted and now he can rest in peace or something like that.

Kinda sucks for Paul and who knows, maybe they'll mention him in the future but really, without Zach, Mrs. Hubers sister or Mike in the picture, there's nothing left for him on Wisteria lane. Still he did kill Ms. Huber and didn't show any remorse.

I agree with everyone that thinks Orson was in jail. Mike seemed to recognize him or something about him and caught him in a few lies so he's obviously not who or what he claims to be.

A Tribe masterpiece.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

06-04-06, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "The Applewhites"
I so agree-what a throw away story line. Why did they bother?

Penelope Le Pew 2031 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-24-06, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Penelope%20Le%20Pew Click to send private message to Penelope%20Le%20Pew Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: FINALE Season 2"
Something bothers me about Tom and Nora. They never show their daugther as of yet. They drank wine and walked upstairs while Lynette watched outside.

As I have two kids from previous marriage, I would not give the father some wine and ask him to go upstairs. I have problem with the boundary especially at someone else' house. Why not spend time with daugther but wine with the mother of his daugther? I understand completely why Lynette reacts and I would feel the same way.

I would send child(ren) to their father's home to spend quality time. Even if someone is hiding, the issue is trust between Lynette and Tom.

So, I feel fishy about Tom - possibility of an affair... no daugther seen as of yet. Tom's father is adulterer.

Wait and see.

05-24-06, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Penelope%20Le%20Pew Click to send private message to Penelope%20Le%20Pew Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: FINALE Season 2"
Oh, the flower? for daugther???

I dont see Tom buying Lynette some flowers lately.... What is his priority??

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: FINALE Season 2"
It seems a bit fishy but I actually chalk it up to the writers lame attempt to make us believe Tom was having an affair before hopefully stunning us with the truth.

I dont like that the woman the showed in the earlier episode looked nothing like Nora when she got out of the cab, and they way Nora came across, I couldn't see her and Tom having a glass of wine together or going upstairs for any reason. She'll undoubtedly cause havoc next season.

A Tribe masterpiece.

05-25-06, 02:18 PM (EST)
13. "RE: FINALE Season 2"
Yes, the writers wanted us to believe that he was having an affair at this moment before we realized that he was just visiting his alleged daugther.

Also, Nora showed her clevage boobies in the last eposide. She is the kind of slut. Not that I am implying for other ladies who are innocent and beautiful. Just this bitch.

I hope that men like Tom realize that Lynnette works so hard and grow older, she is working hard for her own family including her husband. There are many women like Lynnette, working so hard to look great for her husband. Too bad... I just admire her.

mare0125 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-25-06, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mare0125 Click to send private message to mare0125 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: FINALE Season 2"
I thought the finale sucked, basically. The only highlight or shocker was when Mike got run over at the end. I'm sick of anorexic Susan, selfish Gabrielle, and Bree the Barbi Doll. Still love Lynette, and WHERE WAS EDIE???
And as for Alfre Woodard, one of my favorite actresses, I'm so glad she's leaving Wisteria Lane and going back to Hollywood TO DO MOVIES.
This season didn't even start to warm up until a few weeks ago. Up until then there was no comparison to how good it was last season.
Let's hope for better character development and story lines for Season 3.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-06, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "SPOILER"
James Denton commented in an interview that Mike's involved in storylines next season, so the character's not dying.

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristin/Trans/Archive2006/060522d.html

BlingBlong 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-30-06, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlingBlong Click to send private message to BlingBlong Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: FINALE Season 2"
There's no way Mike dies! And can't wait for his revenge on Orson!

Zach's going to be very interesting to watch! Grandpa wanted him to cut off the lifesupport.

They seem to be doing a bit more with the desperate husbands!

Orson and Bree....uh oh...how will she escape this psycho? She attracts them like flies! Too bad Rex died.

Loved that they brought in all the dead people!

Toushay 50 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-06, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Toushay Click to send private message to Toushay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: FINALE Season 2"
They have made Bree the "evil one" havent' they? And evil begets evil....look at the pharmacists who died, the sex addict she wanted, and now the guy who tried to kill Mike?
She acts just like a stepford wife or mannikin. Sometimes I get tired of watching her.

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-03-06, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Bree"
She acts just like a stepford wife or mannikin.

I think Bree is the most complex character on the show, and certainly among some of the most complex characters of current televsion comedy. The pitfalls of putting too much value into appearances is a very common theme in literature, film, stage and television, but rarely is it explored so intricately as it is on this show via Bree. This theme very often emphasised by tragic events that are borne of this (misguided) esteem for appearances. So a grandmother gets her family murdered by The Misfit because of her desire to maintain appearances, and a misplaced paste necklace spells financial ruin and a life of misery for a young couple. Like others, Bree's insistence on keeping up appearances is costing her everything, where seeking help -- and actually receiving it -- would probably have resulted in avoiding most of the tragic events surrounding her. Because they are a direct result of her plastic, mannequin-esque behavior, they are incredibly important to the viewer if they are to tell us anything. (What they tell us is that an overemphasis on appearances like Bree displays will have tragic consequences.) And she's not soulless, like a Stepford wife, because we are given glimpses into her inner turmoil that show she has a conscience. The tragic events are getting to her, and she's powerfully affected by them.

Unlike other characters in literature, film, and television, though, Bree is developing. Her story doesn't end after the first really horrific event that results from her behavior. She is learning about the repercussions of her actions, all the while advncing rapidly down the sanity slide. She is far from one-dimensional, and sadly, her plight is one shared by many women in American society. When I spend a day doing all the things I "should" do (according the rules of society) to be a good woman and a good mother, there's no time left over for anything else, and usually not enough time to complete the tasks that would present the best "appearance" to the world.

For me, Bree represents so much about what is wrong with society, and how society can get its hands on a weak person and absolutely ruin her. She also represents what happens when the weak person -- perhaps from struggling so much -- grows stronger and begins to fight back. I find her absolutely fascinating in that regard.

BlingBlong 69 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-06, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlingBlong Click to send private message to BlingBlong Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Bree"
I think inside (the character Bree) she is, or was, a very normal person. But things happened to her. I don't think she is weak at all, but very very strong.

I have a friend who reminds me of Bree. Very particular in what she does. Extremely controlling. About to fall apart from trying to hold her constructed world together. Uptight doesn't even begin to explain, but she is very interested in being in a relationship with a man. But she chooses wrong men. An abuser of his own child. A drunk. A control freak.

The experiences have left her needing compulsive control, and rigid. Just like Bree. She also turned to booze. But controlled it. She would never admit she had a problem with it.

I don't know what will happen with (the character) Bree. I don't know what will happen with my friend.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •