The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Finally a new episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Desperate Housewives Forum (Protected)
Original message

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-08-06, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Finally a new episode"
I was missing my DH fix. I am not as good at summarizing as kathliam but a super-brief overview thus far.

Gabby kissed Tom as a joke but Lynette wasn't having it at all. The investigator/bounty hunter had a run in with Edie and she thought he was another realtor trying to edge in on her turf.

Bree's son is the devil but finding him in bed with his lover had to a bit of a shock for her. He's threatened to tell the cops she killed George.

The other housewives (well Lynette) just found out about the affair Gabby had with John which fuels Lynette's fury more.

Now Gabby's telling Carlos she wasn't to even the score by letting him have an affair so they can be equal. Not sure how Carlos took it, maybe he's thinking about it.

The investigator broke into the Applewhites house after they left to go somewhere and is going in to take Caleb? Am I the only or does the replacement look not nearly as menacing as the original guy.

"It's a retro WinterSlice sig"

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 now for the funniest thing CantStandToLook 01-08-06 1
   RE: now for the funniest thing volsfan 01-08-06 3
       RE: now for the funniest thing CantStandToLook 01-08-06 5
   RE: now for the funniest thing KScott 01-09-06 8
 RE: Finally a new episode CantStandToLook 01-08-06 2
 RE: Finally a new episode CantStandToLook 01-08-06 4
 RE: Finally a new episode CantStandToLook 01-08-06 6
 RE: Finally a new episode Rhyn 01-08-06 7
   RE: Finally a new episode volsfan 01-09-06 9
       RE: Finally a new episode samboohoo 01-09-06 10
       RE: Finally a new episode Rhyn 01-10-06 18
           RE: Finally a new episode volsfan 01-10-06 20
               RE: Finally a new episode Rhyn 01-10-06 22
                   RE: Finally a new episode volsfan 01-10-06 23
                       Tone it back, y'all Bebo 01-10-06 25
                           RE: Tone it back, y'all volsfan 01-10-06 26
                   I have re-read this entire conversa... volsfan 01-10-06 24
           RE: Finally a new episode newsomewayne 01-10-06 28
               RE: Finally a new episode volsfan 01-10-06 29
               RE: Finally a new episode PepeLePew13 01-15-06 34
 RE: Finally a new episode samboohoo 01-09-06 11
   RE: Finally a new episode bdemoney 01-09-06 12
       RE: Finally a new episode samboohoo 01-09-06 15
 RE: Finally a new episode sisyphus 01-09-06 13
 RE: Finally a new episode frisky 01-09-06 14
   Carl samboohoo 01-09-06 16
   RE: Finally a new episode Elaine0 01-10-06 19
       RE: Finally a new episode samboohoo 01-10-06 21
 RE: Finally a new episode JoshInSGV 01-09-06 17
   RE: Finally a new episode frisky 01-10-06 27
 Two Paws Up!! CattyChat 01-10-06 30
   Karl and Andrew tannl 01-12-06 31
 RE: Finally a new episode flipxcyd 01-13-06 32
   RE: Finally a new episode volsfan 01-14-06 33

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

01-08-06, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "now for the funniest thing"
I've ever seen on a TV show...

the bounty hunter cuffed Caleb?? and was going to take him away once he made sure the coast was clear....Caleb wasn't quite ready to go and refused to move which prompted the bounty hunter, gun drawn to start down the stairs after him.

I dont remember anything about a tricky step but he crashes through a bad step and shoots himself in the stomach...cue dead guy in the basement when the Applewhites get home.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

01-08-06, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: now for the funniest thing"
That was funny!

But I wanna know where I sign up for the hottie lab partner Andrew has found! WOOF!

I lvoe Andrew being bad and to see Bree squirm.

01-08-06, 09:52 PM (EST)
5. "RE: now for the funniest thing"
good to see the forum coming back to life after the holidays. This episode has been something else.

his little friend was quite chisled wasn't he

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-09-06, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: now for the funniest thing"
>I dont remember anything about a
>tricky step but he crashes
>through a bad step and
>shoots himself in the stomach...cue
>dead guy in the basement
>when the Applewhites get home.

At the 1st of the show when it showed the Applewhite's in the basement with Caleb, Betty was walking down the stairs and made a comment about the stairs and termites.

A Syren original
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

01-08-06, 09:43 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Finally a new episode"
more information on this episode.....

Gabby and Lynette made up but only after lynette proved the gabby wouldn't like it either by laying at least a minute long kiss on Carlos.

Susan worked it out so Mike can see Zach by having them all go bowling together. Zach doesn't understand why they're being so nice to him after he pulled a gun on them both.

The applewhites find the body and try to dispose of it but drop the keys in the trunk with the body and accidentally close it with the keys still in there.

01-08-06, 09:50 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Finally a new episode"
I'm loving this episode...

Bree hired Susans' ex to be her lawyer so she could thwart her sons threats about the cops. He came over and jacked the boy up when he started going after Bree and told him his dad would have knocked his head off if he were there but if he keeps it up, he'll take care of it.

and Carlos was pretty moved by that kiss from Lynette. He asked her if she would consider being the one to help even up the score between him and gabby.

In a very WILD chain of events, (I'm totally drawing blanks on names tonight) Paul finds out that Zach went bowling and punches Mike while Susan is driving by causing her to have an accident wherein she runs into another car and that car runs into the car where the bounty hunters body is. The trunk pops open and a neighbor walking by sees the body and screams.

We're left with EVERYONE looking at the body in the trunk while the Applewhites stand on their porch speechless.

01-08-06, 09:56 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Finally a new episode"
the neighbors are starting to gossip about the Applewhties. I guess it was a rental car the guy was in or his own car or something. The guy told Edie that he was a realtor and she checked him out and no one had heard of him and susan mentioned hearing the noises.

Susans' daughter kissed Zach when he was telling her about the fact that they're not likely to get to see each other again.

Paul saw the kiss and doesn't look happy about it.

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-08-06, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Finally a new episode"
Is it just me or was the direction in this episode pretty much terrible? Wasn't Carlos head over heels in love (madly so) with Gabrielle the last episode? I didn't buy his lusting for Lynette. Not one bit. Seemed so out of character for him... and even if you could sell me that whole line of BS about him wanting to indulge in Gabby's "idea," I never saw him as so "game-less" as he came across tonight. He seemed more suave and debonair than that.

I didn't like the tension between Gabby and Lynette. It should have been fun, but it was just uncomfortable ans awkward.

Mike and Susan going bowling? He was flaming angry at her before. I didn't feel like their "fight" had been resolved well enough to buy the bowling bit, but it was nice, all the same.

I didn't like Bree's sudden alcohol problem, either. They should have eased into it, I think, rather than showing her with a drink in her hand in nearly every shot tonight, then jumping into the meat of her problem next week.

All the kissing seemed so... fake. None of it was well directed in my opinion. Andrew and Justin's kiss seemed too cliche and grope-y, Bree's cheek kiss to her guests seemed almost perverted, and what was the director/DP/whoever going for with the oddly-angled shot of Julie pecking Zach on the cheek?

Some stellar plot points in this episode, but the direction was just flat out horrendous.

For a good point (because I don't want to be bashed all to hell for not caring for the direction) I thought the character couplings tonight were so refreshing and fun. Carlos and Lynette had a scene (that sucked), Bree and Carl had a scene which was brilliant, as was Carl's scene with Andrew. Gabby and Tom together were fun, too, and I even like that Edie was present for the kiss at the party, but Susan wasn't. That was a nice change. And a nod to the two actors who last season worked mainly with only each other, I loved the return to Paul and Zach solo scenes. They are so great (and powerful) when they act together.

01-09-06, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Finally a new episode"
Is it just me or was the direction in this episode pretty much terrible?

I couldn't disagree with you more. Almost every character on the show had some advancement in their role last night. You say the direction was flat...what do you mean by that? To me, if the direction is flat that is saying the roles were not advancing but were stale. That wasn't the case here.

I don't think Carlos ever even thought of cheating on Gabby even during his scene with Lynette. Carlos was almost giggling while talking with her. I think he did it just to see what her reaction would be and possibly have it to mention to Gabby later on.

The Gabby/Lynette little spat is nothing unusual for Lynette. I thought that was a very real extension of her personality that we have witnessed from her in the past. She is very insecure.

The kissing is what tied up the entire episode and what it was about. The show started with the kiss and held true through the entire show. The only kiss that I thought was a little fake was Lynette kissing Carlos. I thought that kiss was strained at best and would have liked to seen Carlos really get into it to see Gabby flip out more quickly. The Andrew kiss was suppose to be between two very inexperienced people that think they are in love and I think played out as such.

You mention Bree and the drinking thing was brought in too quickly...I didn't notice that she was drinking in every scene last night and I don't think that is accurate (she wasn't drinking during the scene where all the women were on the lawn while they were talking about the body in the trunk of the car).

I would be curious to hear your definition of "flat".

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-06, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Finally a new episode"
Of course I agree with your assessment of the "kissing."

There were two times when Andrew was kissing the boy -- in the beginning and then at the very end under the arch outside. The scene at the very end was different. At first I thought it almost looked forced (this is the scene where Mary Alice is doing the recap and talks about passion). But when I rewound it and looked again, it looked to me like two teenagers who are just starting to explore this whole intimacy thing. The actors do a good job of looking like two teenagers who are kind of new to this, and remembering my teen years, this, is how boys acted with girls. I can imagine it would be the same getting passionate with another boy - especially when there are so many people believing and telling them that it's wrong.

I thought the directing was good, especially with that scene.

Handcrafted by Rolly

01-10-06, 00:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Finally a new episode"
I couldn't disagree with you more. Almost every character on the show had some advancement in their role last night. You say the direction was flat...what do you mean by that? To me, if the direction is flat that is saying the roles were not advancing but were stale. That wasn't the case here.

I would be curious to hear your definition of "flat".

I never said "flat." I said, "flat out horrendous."

It's like how terrible the performances are in Star Wars Episode IV. George Lucas might be an amazing writer, but he can't get his actors to act. That's an increidble talent, directing the players, and whoever had directorial credits on last night's episode was lacking in that talent.

The Gabby/Lynette little spat is nothing unusual for Lynette. I thought that was a very real extension of her personality that we have witnessed from her in the past. She is very insecure.

I never said the Lynette thing was out of character. I said it was awkward and uncomfortable. There seemed to be real animosity between them, and this show has usually softened that with humor. Directors and producers often talk about the "coice" or the "ambience" that permeates the show. In fact, I watched the pilot of Alias yesterday and JJ Abrams is talking about how hard it was to keep from being "campy" or even satirical and finding the show's "voice." Desperate Housewives has a very definitive voice, and the only time there has ever been real animosity between the main characters was when they needed to show how absolutely strong Susan's feelings on cheating were (when she blasted Gabby for the affair). It was out of place in this episode, and while Lynette often overreacts and her reaction was certainly "in character" the scenes were still tense and uncomfortable, instead of being hilarious and maybe a little true, but always very entertaining.

Carlos was almost giggling while talking with her. I think he did it just to see what her reaction would be and possibly have it to mention to Gabby later on.

Carlos was joking you think? I didn't gather that he was. I thought it was just really poor acting. If he was only teasing Lynette or trying to be hurtful to Gabby, I don't think it would have been left as it was, with just his proposition.

The Andrew kiss was suppose to be between two very inexperienced people that think they are in love and I think played out as such.

I understand that kissing was the "theme" and I recognized very early in the first season that Marc Cherry was going to employ this method of story telling frequently. I am a fan of it. What I am not a fan of is when it is done poorly. The kissing had all the potential to be a very unique theme or common element, and it was possible to do some amazingly neat tie-ins to it. (Not to mention, some great moments in tearms of shots. Kissing scenes? Can't beat that.) My criticism was that the kissing scenes were poorly framed, poorly acted, and or poorly edited. Bree looked like a perv in the first kissing-the-cheek scene. The slow-mo was used poorly, and the closeups made it seem far too intimate for a casual, friendly kiss. Similarly, the kiss between Justing and Andrew was too far and seemed very over-the-top, when it should have been a tighter shot and more intimate and passionate (as most young love/teenage relationships are). (FYI, the Lynette/Carlos kiss was the only one that didn't really bother me. The shot was a good one, and the kiss was amusing. It wasn't supposed to be passionate. It was supposed to be over-the-top, to get Gabby's attention. I thought it was well executed for what it was supposed to be.)

You mention Bree and the drinking thing was brought in too quickly...I didn't notice that she was drinking in every scene last night and I don't think that is accurate (she wasn't drinking during the scene where all the women were on the lawn while they were talking about the body in the trunk of the car).

Of course I was exaggerating the point about every scene. I was only making the point that all of a sudden, she seeks comfort in wine to the point that she hides with a glass in the kitchen while someone else parents for her, and is so blatant about her need to drink that her wicked son comments on her constant drinking at bedtime.

And, yes, Bree's drinking problem suddenly being a problem (and coming to a head in the next episode) is a legitimate complaint, and should be for everyone who is a fan of this show. This show has down great things in laying the groundwork for episodes on end, all to have a very serious "problem" morph into an overnight (and all too convenient) plot device.

So, please. I have some legitimate complaints about the direction. I NEVER said the show was flat or that the characters didn't advance. I am rather pleased in regards to the story development, and particularly fond of the courageous break from the comfort zone in the unusual pairings last night. I am not hoping to be confrontational, but I had some serious and thoughtful criticisms of the show and it seems like you didn't read them. I understand that you are a fan, but so am I, and I was disappointed in the direction of this episode. Not the story, not the characters, not the series, not the actors. You don't have to agree with my points, surely, but please at least allow me to make them without fear of every one of them being misinterpreted as "bashing" of this show.

01-10-06, 08:34 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Finally a new episode"
it seems like you didn't read them

Oh no...I read them all. I just disagree with just about everything you say. Maybe you should be a director or are you one?

I finally blogged

01-10-06, 11:25 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Finally a new episode"
I was not at all unkind, nor was I hoping to bait you.

You argued against points that I didn't make. You have taken issue with things I never said. Forgive me, but I only wanted to clarify my points and show you that you misinterpreted them.

I have a fondness for response to media, be it novels or commercials, tv shows or movies, even websites. Sometimes I like to explore what I didn't like, sometimes what I thought was brilliant. I did that here, but I am sorry if a discussion forum about the show wasn't the place to talk about my feelings on the direction of this singular episode.

Your comments were hurtful, and I am sad that a post I made illicited such a reaction from you. When I initially posted, I was rather glad to have something more substantial to talk about than my usual, "Loved the show; Richard Burgi was great." The joy? Squashed.

01-10-06, 11:43 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Finally a new episode"
What part of my post was hurtful to you? I said I disagreed with almost everything you said...does that hurt you? If so, I do apologize because I meant no ill will.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-06, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Tone it back, y'all"
C'mon folks, it's one thing to disagree with someone else's opinions, but don't cross the line and make it personal. You don't have to be a director to have a valid opinion.

01-10-06, 12:11 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Tone it back, y'all"
Got it Bebo...THANKS!

01-10-06, 12:04 PM (EST)
24. "I have re-read this entire conversation"
and I don't see where I have said anything "hurtful" aimed directly at you.

Ok, I misunderstood about the "flat" comment. I apologize! Also, I never said that you said it was "out of character" for Lynette's reaction. I was giving you (IMHO) what/why she reacted the way she did.

You don't have to agree with my points, surely, but please at least allow me to make them without fear of every one of them being misinterpreted as "bashing" of this show.

Please go back two posts of your own and try to put yourself in my shoes. You tore my entire post to pieces.

I never said you couldn't feel the way you do and if you have taken it as such...I apologize. I will step away because I don't want anyone to have "hurtful" feelings to ANYTHING I have posted.

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-06, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Finally a new episode"
Vols: You mention Bree and the drinking thing was brought in too quickly...I didn't notice that she was drinking in every scene last night and I don't think that is accurate (she wasn't drinking during the scene where all the women were on the lawn while they were talking about the body in the trunk of the car).
---
Rhyn: Of course I was exaggerating the point about every scene. I was only making the point that all of a sudden, she seeks comfort in wine to the point that she hides with a glass in the kitchen while someone else parents for her, and is so blatant about her need to drink that her wicked son comments on her constant drinking at bedtime.

I felt a bit hit over the head with the sudden heavy drinking. My wife didn't, but I had read the spoiler here and she had not. I think it would have been played better if Andrew (son's name?) hadn't said anything. Sure Andrew has had time to notice a change in her drinking, but had the viewers. I think just the scenes of her with drink in hand would have been fine for a setup this week with a buildup next week into the weeks ahead. Bree had enough dialogue interaction to further her storyline with her son. This is something that should've been slow-played over time.

Sorry for disagreeing, Vols. Please don't beat me up!

Winter sports by Tribephyl, 2005

01-10-06, 03:26 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Finally a new episode"
I am usually pretty good at catching stuff like this but it totally slipped past me.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-06, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Finally a new episode"
I don't know... but I did notice that Bree always seemed to be in situations where there were drinks around, or she'd have a wine glass in her hand while mulling over something on her own. It wasn't blatant, more like a subtle placement -- but it was there. So, the segue to a drinking problem as brought up by her son was very believable to me.

Check out my Survivor Guatemala Finale episode summary

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

01-09-06, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Finally a new episode"
It didn't appear to me that Betty or Matthew were wearing gloves, so are their prints now inside the trunk and possibly on the keys?

Handcrafted by Rolly

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-06, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Finally a new episode"
I was thinking the same thing samboo, that Matt's fingerprints would be all over the keys he dropped in the trunk. Perhaps that will be brought into it? Or perhaps the keys were dropped elsewhere? To help protect the Applewhites from the police...

01-09-06, 02:57 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Finally a new episode"
The only other thing I can think of right now is that Matthew's prints are "not on file" with any police entity and there is no reason yet to suspect the Applewhites.

Handcrafted by Rolly

sisyphus 321 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-09-06, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sisyphus Click to send private message to sisyphus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Finally a new episode"
The scene I liked the most last night was the one between lynette and tom in bed talking about what ahunk he is and that all the women are after him.....I got a reall laugh out of that ...BUT....lynette took it as a joke....but could tom have been serious?

frisky 11684 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-06, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Finally a new episode"
I enjoyed this episode. Highlights for me:

Carlos. The man could say nothing and just get by on facial expressions. I LOL'ed while watching him practice his putt in the livingroom while Gabby was having her hissyfit. I LOL'ed again when Lynette kissed him and he gave in, but I agree that it wasn't a passionate kiss. Too scrunched up with their faces and their mouths closed. Like a long peck. Didn't get a rise out of me and shouldn't have gotten a rise out of Gabby.

Carl. It was nice seeing him in the role of "friend" and father-figure to the bad son. Up until recently, Carl has been pretty one-dimensional -- just your typical cad who can't keep his pants on. The guy has incredible eyes.

Susan. We were spared her snivellings. Thank you, writers.

Betty. Her laughing fit after locking the keys in the car was pretty funny. I agree that the first Caleb was more fitting in the role. Too bad he was a bad boy on the set.

I swear the writers are reading these boards. For the first few weeks we complained about how it's not the same now that the women don't have a mystery to solve. Now we have a mystery.

People also said that it would be nice to see Tom interacting in Lynette's place. And now we have Tom bragging about how all the women want him.

The last two minutes of the show were rather overwhelming, but in a good way. The chain reaction had me kind of like "Whoa, what all just happened here."

Rolly made this.

01-09-06, 02:58 PM (EST)
16. "Carl"
See, I knew you would be along sooner or later to say what I'm thinking.

Carl: So freaking hot last night.

Handcrafted by Rolly

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-10-06, 06:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Finally a new episode"
Carl. It was nice seeing him in the role of "friend" and father-figure to the bad son. Up until recently, Carl has been pretty one-dimensional -- just your typical cad who can't keep his pants on. The guy has incredible eyes.

I agree with you on this. It was nice to see Carl fitting back into the neighborhood and being more than just Susan's ex. He's come a long way from the first episode.

01-10-06, 10:20 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Finally a new episode"
Agree with you Elaine. I think it was a simple statement that Carl made about having been Rex's friend. The show has always focussed on these relationships among the women, so it's nice to see that there were also relationships among the men -- and the men and women (i. e. having Bree go to her friend, Carl).

A relationship with Carl could certainly loosen her up a bit.

Handcrafted by Rolly

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-06, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Finally a new episode"
I loved last night's episode. I loved the fact that all the characters had something to do. And like someone else already mentioned, we got to see some odd pairings like Carl and Bree, Gabby and Tom, and Lynette with Carlos. (As an aside, I just realized that we have 2 characters with the same name. Carlos is spanish for Carl)

My favorite part of the episode was the ending when they brought Mike/Paul's storyline on a collision course (quite literally too!) with the Applewhite's storyline. It was absollutelly hysterical when the housewives find the body of the bounty hunter and they immediatelly look at Paul, assuming that he had something to do with this new murder.

Another priceless moment was when the police started to question Susan about the dead body. Matthew asks his mom "Should we worry?". Betty answers that all they can do is wait and see how the events will unfold. However, a few minutes later, Betty notices the other housewives gossiping with one another. Betty's response was priceless: "Now you can start worrying"

frisky 11684 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-06, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Finally a new episode"
*snort*

Which reminds me of another scene where I LOL'ed...when Betty and Matthew came back from shopping to find Caleb sitting at the table diving into a bowl of ice cream like a little kid, and when he knows they are there he doesn't look up. He just says "I didn't do it" between mouthfuls. LOL

Rolly made this.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-10-06, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Two Paws Up!!"
Definitely one of my fave episodes this season & the last 2-3 have gotten SIGNIFICANTLY better then the start of season 2.

I really loved the whole "different kisses" theme throughout the episode from beginning to end & was glad to see some real progress in some of the storylines.

One my favorite scenes was Carl's threatening of Bree's son. I really like Carl now. I agree that it could be fun to see Carl & Bree together at some point, but doubt it will happen.

I also think the Bree-the-drunk storyline was advanced MUCH TOO quickly. I had only remembered in past eps her having a glass of wine during her dinner parties & dinner. I never remember her ever appearing drunk or "with a bottle every night before bed" or Rex ever mentioning it. I think the writers would have been wise to show a PROGRESSION of "social drinking" into alcholism for Bree as the loss of Rex & her son's vindictive & hateful behavior wears on her. JMO.

I used to hate the Susan character, but she is finally past the annoying-as-heck stage & I'm starting to like her & actually root for her & Mike to get back together.

The chain of events at the very end leading to the trunk opening was GREAT! I hope we will get more of the Applewhites front and center, finally.

I think the first actor to very briefly portray Caleb was much better in portraying someone who is mentally-challenged. The former actor just emoted so much through his eyes & facial expressions that you believed that was "childlike" "scared" & was "slow" in the sense of mentality. This new actor doesn't portray any of that IMHO.

Lynette v Gabby turned out about as I expected it would. I can see Gabby being jealous of Lynette's kiss, because it's GABBY. She is not the most mature woman on the lane. I was surprised by Carlos approaching Lynette, because I didn't see any chemisty & it was obvious Lynette was just proving a point. But, Carlos is a man, so I believe he could misread Lynette's kiss & "take a shot" at Lynette.

I can't wait for the return of the nun. While I don't see the nun as being at all attractive, I DO see chemistry between her & Carlos and the snide comments & the showing-of-claws between nun & Gabby is great to watch.

Okay, that's it for now .

Kind Creation of ARNutz

tannl 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-12-06, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tannl Click to send private message to tannl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Karl and Andrew"
>>>One my favorite scenes was Carl's threatening of Bree's son. I really like Carl now. I agree that it could be fun to see Carl & Bree together at some point, but doubt it will happen.

Yes, this was my favorite scene too. Andrew needs someone like Karl to put him in his place.

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-13-06, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Finally a new episode"
Shouldn't there be a LOVE LIST for this show? TAR & Survivor seem to have these threads.

01-14-06, 08:02 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Finally a new episode"
Good idea...go for it! Give us your love list.

I finally blogged

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •