The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Discussion Thread Ep. 6.13: "The Last Recruit""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-20-10, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Discussion Thread Ep. 6.13: "The Last Recruit""
This thread is for discussion of the episode once it airs on the Left Coast or for spoiler-free discussion prior to the episode. Please keep all spoilers in the designated thread.

(Note: The episode description and guest casting are in the spoiler thread.)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.13: "Th... dabo 04-20-10 1
   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.13: "Th... Outfrontgirl 04-21-10 2
       RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.13: "Th... dabo 04-21-10 4
 RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.13: "Th... CTgirl 04-21-10 3
 RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.13: "Th... warp_core breach 04-21-10 5
 Some comments moonbaby 04-21-10 6
   RE: Some comments blacknwhitedog 04-21-10 7
       RE: Some comments dabo 04-21-10 10
           RE: Some comments weltek 04-23-10 17
               RE: Some comments trigirl 04-23-10 18
 apple blacknwhitedog 04-21-10 8
   RE: apple Flowerpower 04-22-10 11
 RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.13: "Th... trigirl 04-21-10 9
 I think Desmond is Jacob michel 04-22-10 12
   RE: I think Desmond is Jacob Flowerpower 04-23-10 13
       RE: I think Desmond is Jacob weltek 04-23-10 15
   RE: I think Desmond is Jacob dabo 04-23-10 14
       RE: I think Desmond is Jacob weltek 04-23-10 16
   RE: I think Desmond is Jacob zombiebaby 04-25-10 19
 Doc Artz hits another home run! Flowerpower 05-02-10 20
   RE: Doc Artz hits another home run! zombiebaby 05-02-10 21
       RE: Doc Artz hits another home run! Flowerpower 05-02-10 23
   RE: Doc Artz hits another home run! michel 05-02-10 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-10, 11:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.13: "The Last Recruit""
Everybody ends up dead, in the hospital, or under arrest. Nice of them to finally hint at Ilana's island connection after she blew herself up last week. Another jungle trek. Another confrontation. Looked like they might blow it and finally have everybody in the same place at the same time, thank goodness they came to their senses.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-10, 04:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.13: "The Last Recruit""
LOL ...
it took almost two seasons to put Sun and Jin back together.

Jack didn't have to jump off the boat to stay with the island. It's not like Sawyer's group was anywhere close to getting off the island.

I'd been wondering what happened to Desmond's sailboat. IIRC, way back at the end of Season 2/beginning of Season 3, Sun revealed that she's very good at sailing. That's why she accompanied Sayid on the cruise past the four toed statue. I guess the writers forgot that Sun could sail.

This was another episode where things almost happened and then didn't. Like Locke didn't have surgery, the will didn't get read, Kate's situation at the station didn't get resolved. Sayid got arrested but not booked and questioned.

We don't know what Sayid did with Desmond, although presumably didn't kill him.

We found out what we were pretty sure of, that MIB was Christian. But here's the thing, when Smocke asks Jack what he want to know, could you raise your hand if you wanted Jack to ask him how he came to be a smoke monster, how he is able to look like dead people, and how he got trapped on the island?

Was that you who looked like my father? Really, that's it, Jack? How did you get through medical school with that kind of curiosity?

04-21-10, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.13: "The Last Recruit""
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-10 AT 10:57 AM (EST)

Zen Jack didn't last long. When MIB said he and Jack should have a talk, for the briefest moment I had a hope, that Zen Jack would say something along the lines of:

"Yes, let's have a talk, let's all of us have a talk, right here right now works for me, all of us just having a talk, by golly that's the best idea yet."

But once again MIB was allowed to single someone out of the herd and do his hoodoo.

Did they manage to kill off all the remaining Others? Hope not, I'd kind of like Cindy and the kids to get a happy ending. Typically, when left with a dangling plot thread the writers resort to a mass execution, boom pow!

Ben and Richard are still out there somewhere, of course.

At this point I'm getting a Nietzsche vibe about how this whole thing is going down.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-10, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.13: "The Last Recruit""
The beginning of the show was edge-of-the-seat good and I thought, Yes, we are going somewhere tonight! However, when the show was over, I was left feeling a little flat.

Widmore's team is now pointing guns at the Losties which also includes Jin (the way they filmed the reunion was rather disappointing too - oh and look, Sun has her voice back too!) whom Widmore would not want killed. Jack jumps overboard in jeans in the middle of the bay and washes up on shore right in front of Locke so he can be "The Last Recruit." Those rocket grenades that Widmore is launching reminds me more of the producers loving big explosions and special effects than really driving the story - an explosion is not going to kill Smokey and you would think Widmore knows that.

Next week's show is a repeat of Richard's episode. I guess the producers really think the cork in a bottle analogy is a good one regarding Smokey.

warp_core breach 469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-21-10, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail warp_core%20breach Click to send private message to warp_core%20breach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.13: "The Last Recruit""
I liked the episode but I was disappointed with the reunion between Jin & Sun as I am a Jin & Sun fan. I looked at the clock when they saw each other and there was only a few minutes left and so I thought that the reunion would be too short and I was right.

A Gift from Agman

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-10, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Some comments"
I don't think Sayid killed Desmond. I think what Desmond said got through to him, and he actually looked more like his old self for a moment when he was lying to FLocke and saying he needed a minute. His eyes weren't as dead but then he put that evil look back on his face. Am I seeing what I want to?

Claire! They let her on the boat? They must be kidding!! Maybe she'll let Kate brush her hair. How can she possibly care for Aaron? Not that she's going to survive all this anyway-I think she'll be a casualty and Kate will be there with her at her last moments so Claire can gasp out "Kayte...tayke cahr... of... my... baybeeee."

And Jack jumping ship, then MIB saving his life, wow! Nice scene in the parallel life with him and his son "I'm sad for YOU, dad." Aww. I have to ask-if Smoke Monster was posing as Jack's dad then how did he appear to him in the hospital that time? Or was Jacob doing that one, because Smokey can't leave the island? CONFUSED. These guys bring "Weekend at Bernie's" to a whole new level.

Again, Jack's hospital is the only one in town. The emergency room must be out of control, lol.

SUN! JIN!!! Reunited and then the poop hit the fan! Well, did you cry? I did a little, LOL. And so did Sawyer. Aww again.

I can't stand that Widmore lackey Zoey-is that her name? Someone needs to put a hurtin on her. She complained at first about having to tote a gun and be like a mercenary but I think she's getting into it a little too much now. Do you think she'll be another dead one as this plays out? We should do a LOST death pool thread.

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-10, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Some comments"
if MIB is Christian- how did Jack see him in LA? is he just lying?

what is the deal with letting them talk to you? both Jacob and MIB?

I will say again I think they are all destined to stay on the island at the "protectors" not just Jack

Handcrafted by RollDdice 2005

04-21-10, 03:39 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Some comments"
LAST EDITED ON 04-23-10 AT 01:37 PM (EST)

Christian also appeared at Jacob's cabin, on the freighter, underground, in Otherton/Dharmaville, as well as in the jungle. Jacob's cabin was off limits to MIB, wasn't it? Claire could have broken the boundary, but how would he have gotten there when Hurley saw him?

There may be a ghost-Christian as well as the MIB-Christian (I'm speculating). Ghosts are trapped on the island, but maybe having been dead before the island ghost-Christian isn't bound by that.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-10, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Some comments"
I'm just not buying that XLocke was honest with Jack.

I'm still wondering if the Shephard Family is a decendant of Jacob. The Ray (Grandpa) Shephard scene a few seasons back at the nursing home was far too much work just to get Jack shoes. Plus, much attention has been paid to Jack's watch, that was handed down from Ray to Christian to Jack. Much attention has also been paid to Christian being the father of both Claire and Jack. And I still think Aaron will become an important piece. Was Jacob Ray's father? Certainly the Shephard lineage is shown more than others, other than maybe Locke's sorted past.

-A Tribetastic Creation

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-23-10, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Some comments"
I've never thought about that. I like it. You are right. A lot of attention has been on the Shephard family tree. Even the big mystery as to whom is David's mother.

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-10, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "apple"
Did you catch Saywer offered Kate an apple? Adam and Eve???

Handcrafted by RollDdice 2005

Flowerpower 7012 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-10, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: apple"

Did you catch Saywer offered Kate an apple? Adam and Eve???

Yes, but did you catch that Claire was packing an apple when Sawyer and Jack were talking about her as they were getting ready to leave XLocke's camp?

Definitely, wonder about the Adam and Eve....Sawyer and Kate? Claire and Jack, Claire and Aaron? Claire and Locke? Claire and her father?? Claire and ?

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-21-10, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.13: "The Last Recruit""
Ben and Richard are still out there somewhere, of course.

And Miles. Maybe they will come and save our Losties from big-bad Mr. Widmore.

...which also includes Jin (the way they filmed the reunion was rather disappointing too - oh and look, Sun has her voice back too!

I was disappointed with the reunion too. They didn't play the nice "reunion" music that they usually do for scenes like that. As a result, I kept waiting for one of them (Jin or Sun) to fry on the sonic fence.

I don't think Sayid killed Desmond. I think what Desmond said got through to him, and he actually looked more like his old self for a moment when he was lying to FLocke and saying he needed a minute. His eyes weren't as dead but then he put that evil look back on his face. Am I seeing what I want to?

I agree....Sayid almost looked "normal" again! <crosses fingers>

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-10, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "I think Desmond is Jacob"
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-10 AT 06:14 PM (EST)

If we believe that Sayid didn't kill Desmond then it's because he let Desmond talk to him. That tells me Desmond is Jacob. We knew he had been taking on Jacob's task of gathering the Flash-sideways Losties but I think he isn't just doing the job, he is assuming the role and the identity.

The only way Desmond could save his life was by getting through to Sayid, pulling him from the dark side. Now, if I understand the rules of the game between MIB and Jacob, Sayid, an ex-believer of XFlocke, could be able to kill him. Why didn't he? Maybe he needs to see that MIB lied to him about being able to reunite him with Nadia like Ben had to renounce Jacob.

The interesting thing if Desmond is Jacob is that Desmond was, according to Widmore, the only man known to have survived a catastrophic electromagnetic event. I think Jacob was also the only person to survive a catastrophic event caused sometime in the future by MIB, an event that did annihilate all of humankind. That's why he has to be corked: So that what happened in Jacob's past doesn't happen again.

As for the rest of the episode, I must say that, contrary to OFG and Dabo, I enjoyed the fact that the flash-sideways had a "to be continued" feel to them. It was finally a story with a future compared to those insignificant vignettes we previously had. Now, the Flash-sideways Losties are aware of the mysteries, the coincidences and they are starting to remember. Sun recognized XLocke but what about Jack? Did he recognize bagage claim Locke or Island Xlocke? The Flash-sideways had more substance to them than those insipid episodes where Ben led a putsch to become principal or Kate offered a lift to Claire.

04-23-10, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I think Desmond is Jacob"
LAST EDITED ON 04-23-10 AT 02:36 PM (EST)

Wow, I really like your theory regarding Jacob and his possible survival of another electromagnetic event, michel. It is plausible at this point! I, too, get a very Jacob feel from Desmond. But, I think that both Sayid and Claire were pulled back to their former selves. Desmond and Kate hit their core motivations to stay with Locke, and perhaps they were able to "unlocke" his hold on them. But, you are right, Sayid did let Desmond talk to him. I must say that Sayid has shown signs that he is still there, prior to his confrontation with Desmond. When he kidnapped Desmond, he chose not to kill Zoe. When XLocke ordered him to kill Desmond, he paused, and even XLocke questioned him and reminded him if he wanted to see Nadia again, and did he still want what he had asked for. So, I think Desmond knew somehow, that Sayid could indeed be pulled back. He pointed things out to him.

As for Claire, she is a little more complicated because we have seen how under his spell she is. She's been with him for 3 years, ever since everyone abandoned her. She must have been with him as Christian, however, since he didn't get Locke's body until they came back to the Island....this part was a little sketchy for me. However, Kate spoke from her heart. She reminded Claire that she had been there since his birth, and that it was she that should have raised him, and that the only reason she came back was to come and get her. She reminded her that John wasn't one of them, and that it wasn't John. And, she said regardless of what John had promised her, it was she who could get her Aaron back. With this, I do think that Claire has crossed back over.

With these two characters we see that the spell can indeed be broken, imo. You still have a choice to change your mind or not to. Are these two examples that Jacob was right, that all men are not corrupt, as MiB firmly believes? I think we are seeing the beginning of the end, and it only ends once. Jacob is going to prove that all men are not corrupt.

Here are my observations and thoughts on "the Last Recruit"...

Show starts out with Hurley and company coming into camp...XLocke only seems interested in one particular Lostie..."Hi Jack, we have some catching up to do." Jack asks Hurley's permission, as Hurley has been posing as the leader...he agrees, and they go off and talk...
Jack: "You look just like him", XLocke: "Does that bother you?", Jack: No, what bothers me is I don't have any idea what the hell you are."
XLocke: "Sure you do"
Jack: "Why John Locke"
XLocke: "Beause he was stupid enough to believe that he'd been brought here for a reason, cause he pursued that belief until it got him killed, and because you were kind enough to bring his body back here in a nice wooden box."
Jack: "He had to be dead before you could look like him?"
XLocke: "That's right"
Jack: "the third day I was here I saw, chased my father through the jungle, my dead father, was that you?"
XLocke: Yes, that was me"
Jack: "Why"
XLocke: "Because you needed to find water. All I've ever been interested in is helping you..."
Jack: "To do what?"
XLocke: "Leave. But because Jacob chose you, you were trapped on this island before you even got here. Now Jacob's dead, we don't have to be trapped anymore."
Jack: "If we can fly away anytime, why are we still here?"
XLocke: "Because it has to be all of us..."
Jack: "What? John Locke was the only one of us that ever believed in this place. He did everything he could to keep us from leaving..."
XLocke: "John Locke was not a believer, Jack, he was a sucker. "

First of all, I get the impression that John XLocke is a bold face liar and that he is seriously conning Jack. Jack knew John Locke, and Jack got his suicide note, that he wished he had believed him. And, I think it took his death to make Jack a believer. And, I think that Jack knows that they are indeed there for a purpose, afterall how could everything that's happened to them be explained? The mere presence of XLocke, smokey, negates that this can be explained by science alone...Jack knows that John Locke was indeed a believer, and NOT a sucker.

Notice that this exchange is completely between XLocke and Jack....much of Lost has indeed revolved around the conflict between Locke, the man of faith, and Jack, the man of science. Now that Jack has become like the new Locke, the new man of faith, XLocke wants nothing more than to discount that. It still is a story between "Locke" and Jack.

Clearly, Jack IS the "Last Recruit". Were any of us surprised that Christian was XLocke/Smokey? Still questions regarding Christian however....his time when he was seen post death in Jack's LA world...

From this scene, we cut to the John Locke in the ambulance and he speaks of Helen, and that he was supposed to marry her. I do believe he is remembering the original time line. Then we have Sun arriving and being rolled along with the wounded Locke....and she see's him. Clearly, she sees XLocke from the Island time, she does not see John Locke. She has remembered as well.

After this scene, we cut to Locke finding Claire, and she is reunited with her brother. XLocke leaves them, as they "look like they have alot of catching up to do", which is exactly what he just told Jack earlier. Jack apologizes to Claire, she asks if he told him that he was their father. It's good to see him and she's happy that he's coming with them. He notes that he hasn't decided whether or not he's going to come with them, and she notes, "Yeah, you have. You decided the moment you let him talk to you, just like the rest of us. So, whether you like it or not, you're with him now.

So, she tells us something we've heard before from Dogan in warning regarding a meeting with XLocke/smokey....don't let him speak!!! Cause if he does, apparently you are "with" him. I think that this might change with our Losties, as they are "uncorruptable", because of their mutual experiences and regard for each other....we'll see.

Then they cut to day time and Sawyer is telling Hurley about Widmore's sub, and that his plan is to get the other Losties and escape on the sub. Hurley asks about Sun, and is told that Kate is telling her about it. Then Hurley says, "What about Sayid", and Sawyer replies that "he ain't invited, Sayid's gone over to the dark side". To which Hurley responds, "Yeah, but you can always bring people back from the dark side....I mean, Annakin...." To which Saywer responds, "who the hell is that? Just keep your mouth shut and don't say nothing to no one", as Claire walks up and says, hi. Hurley says, "hey Claire....you look great"....a typical Hurley response, and he hugs her...then Sawyer looks over and sees Locke and Jack returning to camp...

Another clue from Hurley (foreshadowing) that indeed Sayid CAN be brought back from the dark side, as Jacob eluded to in his scene with MiB on the beach about how it's going to end.

....this is incongruent with the flow of events for me. It was just pitch dark, where the heck did Jack and XLocke come from, last we saw Jack, he was with Claire. Now it's daylight and all are up and out. Doesn't fit for me, did they time jump? What?

Locke walks in and says a Hurley line, comic relief, and a line that we, the audience, all are thinking...."It's so nice to have everyone back together again!" Indeed, FINALLY! We pan to Sawyer, and then cut to Sideways world, and Sawyer, eating an apple and rounding the corner in the police station. He offers Kate a bite of the apple...as blackandwhitedog noted, an Adam and Eve reference perhaps? They proceed to have a conversation about her being wanted for arson, assault on a federal agent, and for murder in the first degree. Kate denies that she's a murderer. Then he asks her if she remembers him...."Do you remember me?" Classic....do you remember me from the Island?, he mentions, "from the airport?" She replies, "yeah, I remember you" more foreshadowing that they will remember each other from the Island world as well... Sawyer says it's wierd, "with all the cars in Los Angeles, you smash into mine. Like someone's trying to put us together"...someone like Jacob, perhaps?. Then Kate responds, " Are you hitting on me?" She has spoken these very same words to Sawyer in the past on the Island. I have found this show to be full of lines from the past Island life from many of the characters, which I will outline in red..

She goes on to question why he didn't arrest her then, at LAX, because he knew that she had handcuffs. He denies seeing them, which we know is a lie, and she calls him out, that he didn't want anyone to know that he'd been to Australia....she calls his bluff....as she has also done in the Island time. Sawyer smiles, and replies, "Oh, I like you". This is when Miles interrupts them and calls Sawyer over with the multiple homicide with lowlife named Keamy and 3 goons on his payroll. Female GSW at scene and her boyfriend witnessed it. Suspect's a jaboni from the scene, and they play the ATM tape and Sawyer notes, Sayid, "that's our bad guy". Just as he had finished pointing out to Hurley on the Island that Sayid was on the dark side, he's our bad guy.

Cut to Jack and Kate talking about XLocke wanting to leave, and they all need to go together, do you believe him, Jack says he's not sure yet.
Cut to Zoe coming into camp...Claire asking Hurley what's going on, and in true Hurley fashion, "people are trying to kill us again". Zoe tells XLocke what Widmore is capable of with the bomb, and leaves the walkie talkie demanding that by nightfall what was stolen from them must be returned.....I notice that once again, as XLocke gave the Temple inhabitants until sundown to make up their minds to join them or not, Zoe gives the same time limit...sundown. XLocke spears the walkie talkie and notes, "Oh well, here we go", signaling the beginning of the "end"/war.

Then we cut to Desmond meeting Claire in the Office building as she heads to the adoption agency and he's going to his attorney's office. Clearly, Desmond is stalking with a capital "S"....but perhaps like Penny in the stadium, she is not afraid of him, yet drawn to him. He tells her that adoption contracts are complicated and you could find yourself in a situation that's "irreversible". Which reminds me that Jack told John Locke in the first episode of this season that 'nothing is irreversible'. She agrees to see his lawyer, and it's Ilana, who exclaims to Claire, "We've been looking for you". Ilana goes to speak to her alone.

Cut to camp XLocke and he declares that "These people have forced our hand, claiming we stole something from them, to provoke us into a confrontation. If that's what they want, that's what they will get!" XLocke then gets Sawyer to gather the boat, and gives him the map, and then goes and takes Sayid away giving him orders to go kill Desmond, and Sayid hesitates, foreshadowing that Sayid is still in that zombie somewhere. Also, Sawyer takes on the "Jack" role and gives orders for Jack to follow his plan and map. This scene clearly tells us that XLocke is indeed very much a liar. He did steal "the package", and he knows it.

Then we cut to a scene that seems "irreversible", but is it? Desmond in the well and Sayid approaching with the gun. He sits down, and let's Desmond speak to him....as michel noted....Without even looking up at him, in an all-knowing fashion, Desmond asks: "So, what did he offer you?" Sayid does not respond, so Desmond does, "If you are gonna shoot me in cold blood, brutha, I think I have a right to know what you are getting for it?"
Sayid: "They told me I could get something back I lost"
Desmond: "And what did you lose?"
Sayid: "The woman I loved."
Desmond: "Where is she now?"
Sayid: "Dead"
Desmond: "What makes you think Locke can bring her back?"
Sayid: "I died, and he brought me back."
Desmond: "So, what will you tell her?"
Sayid: "What do you mean?"
Desmond: As the soft gentle loving reunion music starts to play, the same music that played when Jack, Hurley, and Richard were reunited with Sun, Ilana, Ben, Miles, and Frank, Des asks, "This woman, when she asks you what you did to get her back, Desmond looks up at Sayid with pleading, loving eyes, and finishes, "What will you tell her?"

GREAT SCENE!!! In my opinion the pivotal scene of the night, and perhaps the pivotal scene of the series. Sayid will repel the dark side, the dark force, the dark smokey. He will break free because the all knowing, KEY that he is, Desmond, has appealed to his sense of right and wrong. Through the whole series, Sayid has always been very hard on himself....in season one, after he tortured Sawyer, he bannished himself for his actions....in sideways world he couldn't be with Nadia and have real happiness because he was not worthy. He told Hurley before he "died" that he was going to hell to pay for what he'd done. But here, at the well, Sayid once again chose to do the right thing, just as he helped Desmond with his constant. Sayid did not shoot Desmond, and the music told me so, along with all of the foreshadowing. Sayid is the first character to prove Jacob RIGHT, in the game between Jacob and the MiB. Prior to this moment, all men were able to be corrupted, but here, Sayid pushes away his one true love in this world, for the love of others, denying his selfish wants and choosing a selfless path. This could indeed be the beginning of the 'end'.

Cut to Flash Sideways and Sayid is telling Nadia that everything will be ok for her now, he took care of it. He says that he has to go and he'll never be able to come back again...as the doorbell rings and it's Miles, who needs to ask some questions....he runs out the back door and Sawyer trips him with the hose. I am reminded of the time that Sayid caught Sawyer and tortured him...

Cut to Kate and Sawyer coming out of the jungle and seeing Desmond's boat. Sawyer tells him his plan and she responds, When were you planning on telling me this?. This is exactly what Kate told Sawyer in the Tiger cages when he didn't want her to know that Hydra Island was a small island with no where to escape to, because he wanted her to have hope.

She then goes on to ask about Claire, and he says that she ain't coming, "that Claire you came back for is gone....she'd been drinking Locke's kool-aid, and do you really want her around Aaron?" Then they dive in to the boat...

Cut to Jack asking Claire how long she's been with Locke and she says "ever since you left, he's the only one that didn't abandon me"....as I have already noted at the beginning of this post, smokey must have been Christian for the majority of the three years they were gone. Just as Jack finishes hearing about them abandoning Claire, Locke goes to check on Sayid - before asking Sun if she'd seen him. This is when she writes, "you did this to me" on the note and XLocke denies he did anything to her. So the bump on the head must have crossed her over to sideways world perhaps, or somehow or another she lost her voice in a different way, but I believe XLocke didn't take her voice. Jack then gathers Hurley, Sun, and Frank, and off they go, abandoning Claire again.

Cut to XLocke finding Sayid, who says he just shot an unarmed man, I need a moment....great line! XLocke is questioning him here, and Sayid says that he did kill him and he can go and check if he wants to....YEAH Sayid, lying to smokey! Then they turn to leave, and still Sayid hesitates! Yes!

Cut to Jack and company running through the jungle. I note that Hurley is back to his former self, not the leader anymore. They arrive at the boat and Claire emerges with gun in hand. Kate steps up and convinces her to turn her back on XLocke/Smokey as well. Another pivotal moment....just as Sayid will not be corrupted, neither will Claire, and for what....the love of her son, and the faith in her Losties. Kate had a tear fall. Claire notes that "when he finds out we are gone, he's gonna be mad". Sayid and Claire are the first two that prove Jacob right, in the game between Jacob and MiB.

Cut to Jack and David arriving at Ilana's office, Jack talks to David's mother, who I think has to be Juliet, and he is going to stay later with Jack and have dinner. David tells Jack that he's sad for him. and Ilana introduces Jack to Claire, who tells them that Christian was her father too. *I noticed that Ilana introduced Jack to Claire as "Mr. Shepard"....didn't sound right to me as he's "Dr. Shepard". Jack gets called to an emergency and has to reschedule.

Cut to the sailboat as the Losties make their way to Hydra Island. Sawyer tells Frank the plan, then passes the wheel to Kate, and goes to talk to Jack. She tells him to "be nice", which I also think she's said before. Sawyer says that he didn't think he'd show up, that following orders has not been his strong suit, and it's nice to see him finally come around. Jack is sitting staring out to sea, just as he did in the Lighthouse after he saw his own home in the mirrors and his name on the wheel.
Jack says to Sawyer: "Doesn't feel right, leaving the Island"
Sawyer: "Want to tell me why not?"
Jack: "Because I remember the last time I left, it was like a part of me was missing..."
Sawyer: "They got pills for that, doc"
Jack: "We were brought here because we were supposed to do something, James. If that Locke, that thing, wants us to leave, may be he's afraid of what happens if we stay."
Sawyer: "Get off my damn boat"
Jack: "What?"
Sawyer: "You got a decision to make and you make it now. Either you are with us and you keep that damn crazy talk to yourself, or you're going in the water."
Jack: "James, this is a mistake, and I know there's a part of you that feels that too."
The Island's not done with us yet!. We all know this is what Eloise and Widmore have both told Desmond in the past!
Sawyer: "I'm done with this Island, so you want to take a leap of faith, Jack, then take it. Get off my damn boat!"
Jack: "I'm sorry that I got Juliet killed" And he jumps off! I am reminded of the time that Sawyer jumped ship off of the helicopter. Sawyer did it selflessly so his friends would make it, and Jack did it so that he could go back to the Island that wasn't done with him yet. Sawyer also directly told him to take the leap of faith, which Jack willingly did, as he is now the man of faith, the new John Locke.

Kate then screams, "Jack, Jack! What'd you say to him....?"
Sawyer: "He changed his mind, he ain't going with us"
Kate: "We have to go back and get him!!!"
Sawyer: We're done going back, Kate!" This is almost exactly what Jack said to Kate in the end of season 3, I think, We have to go back, Kate!"

Sawyer, imo, in this episode, is the NEW Jack. Jack is the NEW Locke, Desmond is the NEW Jacob. Sayid, Claire, Hurley, Kate, are the old Sayid, Claire, Hurley, and Kate. Everyone seems to be taking on the old persona of each other in this season.

Flash sideways and Sun wakes up and Jin tells her that your are going to be ok, the baby is fine and "it's over, and we are all going to be ok!" Cut to Jack and David walking down the corridor to surgery, David notes that his dad kept alot of things to himself, and that's probably where Jack got it from....timing is also off here....Sun is in and out of the OR and through recovery, and back in her room, while Locke is still just prepped for surgery, albeit status post MRI/cat scan, testing?

Jack leaves his son happily (will Jack leave his son happily to go to the island world for good?), and goes to operate. He notes that the dural sac is obliterated, which reminds us of the story where his dad taught him to count to 5, and then defeat fear, which he told Kate in season one. Jack responds, Yeah, I got this. I don't know who said this, most likely Jack or Sawyer, but I know that one of them did in the past....

Goes into Surgery and Locke is reflected in the mirror, and Jack recognizes him, most likely from LAX.

Then cut to Jack arriving on shore, backpack in tact, and XLocke states, "a nice day for a swim". This scene reminds me when Sawyer swam back to the shore after jumping from the helicopter and Juliet was sitting on the beach. Jack confirms that Sawyer took his boat.

Cut to Sawyer and company as they emerge on the shores of Hydra Island. Zoe rushes them with guns, the Losties put down their weapons, then Jin comes and sees Sun and we have the reunion....I, too, expected one of them to get zapped on the fence! The reunion was way toooo short! They told each other they loved each other and Jin told Sun that they would never be apart again, I promise you", as Frank noted, she got her voice back. This reunion was cut way too short, it came to an abrupt end as they were all forced to get down on their knees at gun point...this scene reminded me of the end of season 2 when Jack, Hurley, Kate, Sawyer were all forced to get on their knees at gun point on the dock by Ben and company.

Sawyer notes that they had a deal, Zoe says that the deal's off....

Cut to Jack, who hears the bombs coming and yells, as it hits he is thrown by the blast. He wakes up, just as he did in the pilot after the crash of flight 815, and he sees Locke running toward him, who grabs him and takes him to safety.....XLocke asks him is he is alright, and tells him it's gonna be ok, "you are with me now"!

I think just as Claire and Sayid were "with him", they got away, as I think that Jack will as well. Could Jack be the new MiB? Could Jack be the candidate? Could Jack be the protector?

As I noted above this whole show was about characters becoming different characters...some took on the personas of different characters....Jack, Sawyer, Desmond. While others that had evolved into new characters resorted back to original characters....Hurley, Sayid, Claire, Kate. It was also a walk down memory lane with all of the references of the past events, all of the dialogue from past shows.

The beginning of the end was in this episode with the ability of Sayid and Claire to deny XLocke, and not let him corrupt them. What's to come...next week XLocke gets to Hydra Island and look out. The war may just take one or two episodes to complete? What's to come...resolution of the game, for the Island, and hopefully for our hero Losties.

Also wanted to mention the scene when they are packing to leave camp XLocke and Claire is seen packing an apple, I also wonder if she could be the Eve of Adam and Eve?

04-23-10, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: I think Desmond is Jacob"
Jack's, "I got this" reminded me of the comment by his father that "You don't have what it takes." In the sideways world, Jack does have what it takes.

-A Tribetastic Creation

04-23-10, 11:30 AM (EST)
14. "RE: I think Desmond is Jacob"
Very interesting theory about Desmond, I like it. My only problem, I'd rather see Desmond reunited with Penny and Charlie but that's not such a happy ending if they all end up stuck eternally on the island keeping MIB imprisoned.

But let's see how things play out.

My disappointment with this episode wasn't the flash story but the island story. Both are essentially just pieces being moved on the playing board. On the island Jack reverts to form, everything after that is pretty much standard Lost: jungle trek, explosions, kill the extras, face off "put your guns down!" At least Sun and Jin are finally back together.

04-23-10, 11:58 AM (EST)
16. "RE: I think Desmond is Jacob"
I still have this feeling that there's another "way out" for all our Losties that keeps the "cork" on the island.

-A Tribetastic Creation

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-10, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: I think Desmond is Jacob"
I've read about this theory since "Happily Ever After".

Well Desmond is acting very Jacob-like. He has become creepy both on and off island and nearly killing Locke. He has become very self serving so yes I do see your point.

As for the letting him talk to him that just seems to open up a can of worms trying to figure out who let who talk to who. Everyone who has dealt with both let them talk so I would assume they are all their pawns.

I would hate that Desmond could "become" Jacob. I don't like the idea of either Jacob or MIB taking over a character and supplanting them with their "souls" or whatever. I am not a big fan of the theory that we will see a scene like the one we got of Jacob and MIB in last season's finale only with two of the Losties representing them. That to me would reveal that they lost and were not able to defeat Jacob and MIB.

05-02-10, 09:08 AM (EST)
20. "Doc Artz hits another home run!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-10 AT 05:35 PM (EST)

You have got to read "the Last Recruit" recap on the Doc Arzt Blog by Fish Biscuit. I found his comments and observations quite astute. And, I agree with all of it.

I LOVED how he pointed out the symmetry between Sawyer and Kate. I love their chemisty, I have always wanted these two to end up together. I feel that it's almost like a confession here for me, as so many are Sawyer and Juliet lovers. But, for me, I never trusted Juliet. Therefore, I don't like her, and I never wanted her to have Jack or Sawyer. I still don't. Sawyer was so stifled in a life with Juliet, and he was NOT true to himself. For me, he belongs with Kate, as she gets him, she's always gotten him. I have renewed hope, after reading Doc Arzt, that maybe these two could be intertwined forever.

It's also always been about the characters for me, as Doc Arzt points out, that it's what has driven the writers as well. I think that they have done a phenomenal job with their character development, and that's why we are all so invested in them. I have great hope that this ending will be worthy of the journey.

ETA: A nice recap for "the Last Recruit" by Gatesy. No spoilers.

ETA: Thanks to Zombiebaby for pointing out that the thoughts on the show were indeed posted by Fish Biscuit, and not Doc Arzt.

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-10, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Doc Artz hits another home run!"
That recap is by Fishbiscuit, not Doc Arzt. Fishbiscuit is an unabashed Sawyer/Kate fan. Sometimes she has good thoughts but I find a lot of her recaps are clouded by her Sawyer/Kate shipping.

05-02-10, 05:40 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Doc Artz hits another home run!"

Sometimes she has good thoughts but I find a lot of her recaps are clouded by her Sawyer/Kate shipping.

Still, in that post she brings out some astute observations that I had missed. The symmetry between the two is definitively there. Their dress, their mannerisms, their dialogue, and yes, even their togetherness in the Island world was apparent. And, when Sawyer asked if he could take another, it was Kate. I think Kate and Sawyer are heading down a path...we'll see.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-10, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Doc Artz hits another home run!"
I agree it's all about the characters but we got interested in those characters as they discovered the island. If it ends with everyone dying on the island, the donkey wheel getting spun so the island disappears again without a resolution to the game or simply an answer to what it was about, if the characters just pick up their lives in Jack's hospital, then it will all have been a waste.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •