The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-13-10, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""
In which Hurley's obnoxious in-laws live next door and intrude on his life on a regular basis.

This thread is for discussion of the episode once it airs on the Left Coast or for spoiler-free discussion prior to the episode. Please keep all spoilers in the designated thread.

(Note: The episode description and guest casting are in the spoiler thread.)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Ev... Breezy 04-13-10 1
 RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Ev... zombiebaby 04-13-10 2
   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Ev... mrc 04-13-10 3
       RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Ev... zombiebaby 04-13-10 4
 RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Ev... zombiebaby 04-13-10 5
   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Ev... michel 04-13-10 6
       Heck yeah moonbaby 04-13-10 7
       RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Ev... CTgirl 04-14-10 8
           Desmond's driving moonbaby 04-14-10 13
       RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Ev... Flowerpower 04-14-10 9
           RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Ev... CTgirl 04-14-10 16
           RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Ev... michel 04-14-10 18
               RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Ev... Flowerpower 04-15-10 26
                   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Ev... Riordan 04-15-10 28
 RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Ev... dabo 04-14-10 10
   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Ev... michel 04-14-10 17
       RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Ev... dabo 04-15-10 24
           RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Ev... Outfrontgirl 04-15-10 25
 RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Ev... blacknwhitedog 04-14-10 11
   That song moonbaby 04-14-10 14
 RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Ev... trigirl 04-14-10 12
   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Ev... dabo 04-14-10 15
       RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Ev... trigirl 04-15-10 27
   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Ev... Outfrontgirl 04-14-10 19
       RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Ev... michel 04-14-10 20
           RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Ev... Outfrontgirl 04-14-10 21
               RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Ev... michel 04-14-10 22
                   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Ev... Outfrontgirl 04-14-10 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-10, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""
I love Hugo!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-10, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""
Heh. While I don't hate Hurley, I just don't love him either. I find his episodes usually dull. I hope I am wrong. I put him the same category of Charlie, Claire and Kate. A little boring.

I hope to be proven wrong tonight!

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-10, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""
Blasphemy!

Bunnies eat nerds.

04-13-10, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""
Kate lovah!

04-13-10, 10:20 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""
Best parts for me?

The last Micheal and Hurley scene. So touching. I almost cried.

Hurley and Jack's scene, talking about Juliet.

The best part?
The promo for next week. MRC I knew it was you!!!!

Overall ok for a Hurley episode. Another female death. Another Hurley eating a boatload of food. Pretty decent ending. In between a bit of a snore.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-10, 11:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""
Micheal saying that he's one of those that can't move on made me think that Desmond is trying to get the flash-sideways people to return to the island with loved ones that died on the island. One member of the pair will have to sacrifice itself so that their duplicate can be with the one they love.

Micheal can't move on because he left the island too early: He has no one in Flash-sideways to save him.

Interesting symmetry between Locke and Desmond. What was weirdest was that "Island Desmond" didn't know Locke wasn't Locke but "LA Desmond" saw "Flash-Sideways Locke" as a target. Could "Flash-Sideways Locke" have MIB's memories stored in his unconscious?

An Hurley episode always has fun moments but, all in all, it was a weird episode. I prefer having new questions to deal with rather than receiving cheap answers like last week but when do we get real answers? It was especially frustrating to hear Richard say Jacob told him what the island was and have no one question Richard.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-10, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Heck yeah"
It was especially frustrating to hear Richard say Jacob told him what the island was and have no one question Richard.

I said out loud "WELL?" waiting for someone to ask or for him to tell.

And I said "HOLY CRAP!" a couple of times when things happened a little suddenly

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-10, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-10 AT 02:46 PM (EST)

Could "Flash-Sideways Locke" have MIB's memories stored in his unconscious?

That's an interesting possibility! I thought it was weird that Desmond would hit Locke with a car to get him to remember his island self.

I also agree that it was frustrating that Richard just left this bit of island info dangling and no one jumped on it. In fact I don't much like this season's Richard at all - he's too hyper and temper-tantrumy! I liked his cool, seemingly all-knowing persona better.

Iliana's a-gonna. What a waste. For one brief episode I thought she might be an interesting piece of the puzzle, but now her only point was for a fun (for the editors) show of special effects!

When Locke pushed Desmond into the well, it confirmed for me my thought that MIB wants all the candidates to leave the island with him on the plane so that he can kill them all. By doing that there would be no candidates left and he would be free to do whatever evil is in his little heart!

Overall the episode was okay. The thing that saved it for me was Hurley's witticisms and asides. Not his best episode but everyone loves Hurley!

04-14-10, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Desmond's driving"
into Locke had me wondering last night if maybe he remembered Flocke pushing him into the well and it was time for a little payback. All I know is if Desmond is driving I'm not getting in the car

Flowerpower 7012 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-10, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""
Interesting symmetry between Locke and Desmond. What was weirdest was that "Island Desmond" didn't know Locke wasn't Locke but "LA Desmond" saw "Flash-Sideways Locke" as a target. Could "Flash-Sideways Locke" have MIB's memories stored in his unconscious?

Food for thought regarding LA Desmond running LA Locke over...

1. He's trying to create a near death experience for Locke, as Charlie did, to get him to experience and remember his Island life(as John Locke, not as the MiB)
*But, I will not discount that LA John Locke could indeed have memories of MiB in his body. Clearly, the MiB on the Island as XLocke has the memories of the real John Locke

2. He is trying to KILL LA Locke perhaps to send John Locke back to reclaim his body on the island, and force the MiB out of it? The resurrection of John Locke to the Island, perhaps....maybe this is wishful thinking on my part, but I still harbor hope that it will be Locke that becomes the ultimate protector of the Island.

3. He's trying to kill John Locke in sideways world, which might lead to the demise of the body on the Island as well, forcing MiB out of it?

As far as Island Desmond answering that XLocke was indeed John Locke...was he being truthful here? I am not convinced his reply is face value.

We all know that Desmond is enlightened. He knows that there is an existing world that is not supposed to be their world (sideways world), and then there is a world that is real, the life they are supposed to be leading (the Island world). After this revelation, he knows that he is supposed to be in love with Penny, and have a child in the Island time reality, and it is that which he is going to convince the others of, or show the others. So, when he woke up with Charles Widmore and he said, when do we start on the mission, Charles never clued him in, and directed him to go with Zoe. He was kidnapped prior to hearing Widmore's plan. So, what could be Desmond's plan.

In the sideways world, I think his plan is to show them all the existence of the "real world". In the Island world, his plan is to protect all of the Losties? Why is Desmond so calm? I can not help but to wonder why he is not questioning Sayid, especially when Sayid binds him? Why is Desmond being so passive. Does he know he is going to be "sacrificed"?

I know he would not be injected into this season by being billed as a "special package" only to be kidnapped and sacrificed. The Island CAN'T be done with him yet. I would love to hear what others speculate for Desmond.

With the commercial for the next episode, it looks like it is starting to get REALLY scary. Will Sayid go and SHOOT our Desmond? If he does, which it sure appears that he does, what will happen to Des?? I CANNOT see him sacrificing Island world Penny and Charlie. (*Anyone note that Desmond in sideways told Ben that his son was named Charlie?). Anyone catch how Claire and Sayid were caught in the same frame at the beginning and then later in the preview, Claire's and XLocke's faces were fused together. Clearly, Claire and Sayid are inhabited by the MiB.

We see Hurley and Sun running. What is Desmond's mission with the Losties on Island?

So far MiB has taken away Sun's ability to speak and communicate in English. I think he also killed Ilana with the unstable dynamite....just as she said "that thing is evil", BOOM! I also am inclined to think that MiB sent Michael as an apparition to convince Hurley to sabotage Richard's plan. Remember Hurley was able to see Christian Shepard as well. Remember at the beginning of the show and XLocke said he was waiting, and when asked who or what he was waiting for he said, "Hurley, Jack, and Sun. Then Michael appears to Hurley. Then Hurley sets about sabotaging the plan that Richard had, and then Hurley leads them back to Locke. I think Hurley has been a tool in this episode, but not of Jacob, but of MiB.

Also, was that a growing up Jacob that appeared to XLocke and Desmond, or was it a young MiB? And what was that all about, why was he smiling at Desmond....was it a nod to Desmond?

Would love to hear others thoughts....

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-10, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""
I agree with you FloPo that I think John Locke should be the ultimate protector of the island. Desmond is obviously trying to facilitate something with the flash sideways Locke and you've brought up some good theories. I personally like the one where he's trying to get Locke to force MIB out of his body!

Desmond is acting weird, just like Sayid is. We know that Sayid is infected with evil, but Desmond is "infected" (enlightened) with the truth of the two worlds. They both are unusually calm. Desmond didn't die when he was shoved down the well shaft so the island is not done with him yet. He tried to save Charlie's life, but couldn't because Charlie was destined to die. Maybe Desmond is destined to keep escaping death and live.

It never crossed my mind that Michael was lying to Hurley because he was so sincere about apologizing to Libby. Christian appeared to him right before he died but I don't know if that means Michael is on the good side or not! I think though that Michael is trying to help the Losties; he's been atoning for his mistakes for years now!

That nod the boy gave Desmond is reminiscent of the type of body language that Jacob uses.

04-14-10, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""

>Food for thought regarding LA Desmond
>running LA Locke over...
>1. He's trying to create a
>near death experience for Locke,
>as Charlie did, to get
>him to experience and remember
>his Island life(as John Locke,
>not as the MiB)

How near death did it have to be? The odds of surviving a crash like that are pretty low. Anyway, Hugo didn't need to nearly die to remember.

>2. He is trying to KILL
>LA Locke perhaps to send
>John Locke back to reclaim
>his body on the island,
>and force the MiB out
>of it?

Desmond knows a lot about the dual worlds but we've had no hints that he knows anything about the Island, Jacob or MIB. Remember, the fool spent 3 years underground pushing a button and afterwards most of his visions were about Charlie.

Island Desmond knows even less than LA Desmond so I really think he thought Locke was Locke. He's not calm, he's a vegetable! Just kidding although it was strange that one second he was eager to follow Widmore's orders and the next he goes with Sayid. I think Island Desmond is really trying to figure things out but he's far from knowing anything of value yet. Like Jack, he's going with the flow. Maybe the well will answer his wish. It was built to find answers afterall.

>We all know that Desmond is
>enlightened.

Again, LA Desmond yes, now that he's seen Penny but Island Desmond isn't.

>In the sideways world, I think
>his plan is to show
>them all the existence of
>the "real world".

Like I wrote earlier, he seems to be recruiting, just like everyone else is doing. Recruiting the Losties can only mean going back to the island. Going back to the island can only mean that 1 member of each pair will be able to come out.

>In the Island world, his plan is...

to sit in a well.

>So far MiB... I think
>he also killed Ilana with
>the unstable dynamite....just as she
>said "that thing is evil",
>BOOM!

I just thought she should have trained a little more!

>I'm inclined to think that MiB
>sent Michael as an apparition
>to convince Hurley to sabotage
>Richard's plan.

I found it interesting that Micheal said he couldn't move on. That means he is trapped there just like MIB. The difference is that Micheal regrets his actions so he doesn't seem to be with MIB. Could the island be a fork in the road? It saves your life, gives you a second chance but then, if you make a wrong choice, like Micheal killing Libby and Ana Lucia, you get trapped there. Is Micheal a new version of MIB?

>Also, was that a growing up
>Jacob that appeared to XLocke
>and Desmond, or was it
>a young MiB?

As CTGirl said, the boy made me think of Jacob but I'm still hoping it's Aaron who, just like Walt, can appear to Locke.

Flowerpower 7012 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-10, 08:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-10 AT 11:09 AM (EST)

Ahhh michel! I got a hearty laugh at your responses...

Regarding Michael. I don't know if he was an apparition or just one of the walking/roaming dead on the Island that's stuck there because of what he did or not, but Locke sure was confident that the Losties were indeed on their way to his camp, and it was Michael that sent them there.

One thing that we really haven't even commented on...

....what about Jack! Isn't it an epiphany that he had last night.

When Hurley confesses that he didn't see Jacob and that he just wants everyone to listen to him, Jack admits that he knew. When questioned by Hurley as to why he came with him then, Jack explains, "Ever since Juliet died, ever since I got her killed, all I've wanted is to fix it. But, I can't. I can't ever fix it. You have no idea how hard it is for me to sit back and listen to other people tell me what I should do. But, I think maybe that's the point. Maybe I'm supposed to let go."

Hurley responds, "Unless you letting go gets us killed. Going to see Locke was my idea, not Jacob's."

Jack says, "Hurley, you asked me to trust you, this is me trusting you."

So, will Jack stay resigned for the duration? Is this Jack taking a back seat to the ultimate candidate, whoever that is. I did notice at the end of the show that Locke was particularly focused on Jack, the last candidate to stroll into camp and they shared an especially prolonged moment. Significant? I think perhaps.

Is Jack supposed to let go at this point? Will he let go only to be convinced later that perhaps he's not supposed to let go later? Which one of our candidates or our stars will step up as the protector of the Island? After this episode, I am not convinced it's Hurley, he's too much at the whim of others.

ETA: The scene with Locke post hit and run....wow, serious deja-vu from when he fell out the window of the tall building status post Anthony Cooper....he looked exactly the same, and was he wearing the same shirt? I am now expecting Jacob to come running up to him and touch him on the shoulder, but it wasn't Jacob, it was Ben that touched him....could this be foreshadowing? Ben has received redemption on and off the island, and I have previously speculated that perhaps somehow he will be the now protector....

Riordan 634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-15-10, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Riordan Click to send private message to Riordan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""
I'm thinking Desmond is the NewJacob in the way XLocke is the MIB.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-10, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""
Let's blow up the plane so no one can fly it!
The plane Frank crashed on Hydra Island?
The very one, let's blow it up!
So it can't fly?
So no one can fly it, let's blow it up!
All of us, even Frank?
He's one of us, let's take the pilot back to the plane and blow it up but good!
Can it fly even with a pilot?
Let's take the pilot back to the plane and blow it up to make sure it can't fly!
Sounds like a plan, what does Frank have to say?
We'll ask him when we get to the plane to blow it up!
Let's blow up whatever's left of Henry Gale's hot air balloon so it can't fly!
Let's blow up the Black Rock so it can't fly!

04-14-10, 06:04 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""
But dabo, you are forgetting that we have Kate who can do anything. She hasn't flown a plane in her life but she's probable better at it than Frank.

04-15-10, 00:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""
That's true, and she does have that toy airliner talisman. But Frank's an extra-special pilot, he can fly jet airliners and helicopters. If it is possible to fly a submarine then by golly I bet Frank can fly it! (Actually, come to think of it, Irwin Allen, who gave us "The Time Tunnel," also gave us "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" which did have a flying submarine. Hmm... He also produced "Lost in Space"... and "Land of the Giants"... I wonder... No, really, a flying sub, I had a model of it when I was a kid, pretty nifty.) Anyway, Richard's blow up the plane plan may have made sense to a 19th century anachronism who thinks planes take off by getting run off the tops of cliffs, it shouldn't have seemed to anyone else in any way worth doing.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-10, 01:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""
too funny dabo, you're on a roll ...

Maybe they will finally expose the secret reason why Kate will kill for a toy plane!

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-10, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""
this episode was kind of "meh" for me
Libby looks terrible

the BEST part was the Gene Wilder Willy Wonka previews for next week- I had to watch that 3 times

Handcrafted by RollDdice 2005

04-14-10, 02:14 PM (EST)
14. "That song"
and that scene in Willy Wonka always freaks me out.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-14-10, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""
As far as Island Desmond answering that XLocke was indeed John Locke...was he being truthful here? I am not convinced his reply is face value.

I love how frustrated XLocke got when he realized that Desmond was not afraid of him. The only other person who has never been afraid of him was John Locke.

Tangent Question: Did Ben not call for the black smoke when Keamey killed Alex? How can Ben summon the black smoke?

04-14-10, 02:16 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""
Cut power to the perimeter fence keeping Smokey out.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-15-10, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""
Ahhh...is that how he did it.

04-14-10, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""
hmm, I never thought Ben summoned the smoke. I thought he recognized it was coming and new to get out of its way.

>>> It was especially frustrating to hear Richard say Jacob told him what the island was and have no one question Richard.
I said out loud "WELL?" waiting for someone to ask or for him to tell.

I felt that too but in hindsight he is probably just referring to how Jacob told him about the island acting as a cork to keep the evil out of the world. Which is kind of a silly test to ID Jacob because MIB knows about that metaphor judging by the wine bottle scene, but Richard might not know he knows.

I have absolutely given up trying to figure out what is going on with connecting the Flash Sideways and how it affects the island and vice versa. The reason I've given up is that IMHO they are writing this with a lot of latitude and a lot of slop as far as presenting a coherent causality goes. I think by the end so many things will have blown up and people died and people kissed that whatever revelation comes out on top will appear to make sense but probably won't make absolute sense with everything they have done. I think they made it impossible for the whole thing to fit a long time ago by doing too much of the writing more or less in the dark, not to mention keeping the actors in the dark.

Michael for example -- in an interview that was in spoilers but is no longer a spoiler because the scene has aired, he talked about how he got to apologize to Libby, and how emotional he got doing it. That tells me that he is playing it as Michael, as someone who committed murder under duress and cannot forgive himself -- not as MIB masquerading as Michael. BUT -- TPTB don't tell the actors more than they need to know.

Smocke throwing Desmond in the well seemed so bad that it left little room to think the ending will do a twist. I for one would prefer a twist. The only thing I'm clinging to is that when Richard asked Jacob a question upon first meeting him, Jacob got a really subtle but crafty evil expression around his mouth. So I still think Jacob is not all that good.

Geographical logic went out the window this episode. Setting aside the recognizable Hawai'i location, the logistics made zero sense for California. The FS is taking place in LA. That museum is in LA. Hurley is from LA. Santa Rosa is 1-2 hours north of San Francisco, or about a 7 hour drive from LA by I-5. I highly doubt a mental health facility in Santa Rosa takes its patients to LA to have lunch.

I understand they used Santa Rosa as home of the facility where Hurley went originally (and we saw Libby), which was where John Locke's mother had been. John Locke was from Northern California even though he ended up in Orange County at the box factory. And Hurley could have been referred up there for some reason, no problem. I dimly remember that when Jack went to see Hurley it was a bit of a trip. OK.

But now they just need to have Libby bump into Hurley, who is in LA, so they stick her in a van on a little day trip from a Santa Rosa facility and they don't even bother to address the fact that it's over FOUR HUNDRED miles between the two.

But it gets better. Hurley asks for permission to take her out for the day, and we see them at a picnic on a beach full of hardbodies in tiny bikinis and board shorts. Not only is Santa Rosa very much inland, but the nearest beach that's warm enough for people to dress like that would be Santa Barbara -- a 6 1/2 hour drive. They make the beach look like LA.

So basically they no longer pay any attention to realities of time and space in this thing. Santa Rosa is now adjacent to Santa Monica.

04-14-10, 10:06 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""
"I felt that too but in hindsight he is probably just referring to how Jacob told him about the island acting as a cork to keep the evil out of the world"

But the castaways don't know that so, logically, they should have asked. And Richard must have asked more himself. The island being a cork doesn't explain his immortality.

04-14-10, 10:17 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-10 AT 10:19 PM (EST)

>>> But the castaways don't know that so, logically, they should have asked.

One of those words does not belong in a sentence discussing LOST.

One of the biggest complaints about the show, a complaint I agree with, is that the lostaways hardly ever follow up on chances to get presumably crucial information by asking simple questions.

These are the people who are off to blow up a largish commercial airliner capable of flying Trans-Pacific flights, which not only has received zero attention by airline mechanics since its crash landing, but it's sitting on a tiny island without a runway.

An aircraft that can fly from LAX to Guam requires a smooth surface runway of, at minimum, 4-5000 feet. Unless Smocke is carrying the thing on his immortal shoulders, it's not going anywhere.

04-14-10, 11:01 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""
And how much fuel would it carry? Maybe enough to...I don't know...blow it up?

04-14-10, 11:40 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-10 AT 11:46 PM (EST)

do you think?

but hey, go with the unstable dynamite because that's worked out so well in the past.

ETA - the person who's leading the "blow up the plane" movement just happens to be dynamite proof. He knows that. We know it. So Richard, dude, why didn't YOU offer to carry the dynamite?

Oh right, because the island was finished with Ilana.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •