The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"*Spoiler Thread Ep. 6.06: "Sundown""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-26-10, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"*Spoiler Thread Ep. 6.06: "Sundown""
Please keep spoiler discussion in this thread prior to the episode's airing. I will post a separate thread for post-episode discussion. I am also going to put each episode's description and guest casting in the spoiler thread in case some posters want to be completely spoiler-free.

Episode 6.06 "Sundown" (Sayid-Centric): Sayid is faced with a difficult decision, and Claire sends a warning to the temple inhabitants.

Guest starring: Kevin Durand as Keamy, Anthony Azizi as Omar/Arabic man, Hiroyuki Sanada as Dogen, John Hawkes as Lennon, Andrea Gabriel as Noor "Nadia" Abed Jaseem, Kimberley Joseph as Cindy, Cas Anvar as Omer, Kailee Velasco as Eva, Aramis Knight as Sam, Peter Stray as doctor, Salvatore Abbadessa as cabbie, David Griffith as screaming Other, Mickey Graue as Zack and Kiersten Havelock as Emma.

Written by Paul Zbyszewski and Graham Roland. Directed by Bobby Roth.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Lost: Sundown promo clip Flowerpower 02-28-10 1
   RE: Lost: Sundown promo clip CTgirl 03-02-10 2
       Canada Spoiler thread michel 03-02-10 3
           RE: Canada Spoiler thread Flowerpower 03-02-10 4
               RE: Canada Spoiler thread CTgirl 03-02-10 9
           RE: Canada Spoiler thread michel 03-02-10 5
               RE: Canada Spoiler thread michel 03-02-10 6
                   RE: Canada Spoiler thread michel 03-02-10 7
                       RE: Canada Spoiler thread michel 03-02-10 8
                           RE: Canada Spoiler thread CTgirl 03-02-10 10
                               Questions michel 03-02-10 11
                                   RE: Questions Flowerpower 03-03-10 13
 RE: *Spoiler Thread... sica077 03-03-10 12
   RE: *Spoiler Thread... Flowerpower 03-03-10 14
       RE: *Spoiler Thread... sica077 03-03-10 15
           RE: *Spoiler Thread... Flowerpower 03-03-10 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7012 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-10, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Lost: Sundown promo clip"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-10 AT 11:57 AM (EST)

Lost: Sundown promo clip here

Sayid-centric

Press photos of the episode are located here

Looks like Dogan gives Sayid a knife and sheath, as I see it on him in the jungle. But, then it looks as if XLocke somehow gets it?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-10, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Lost: Sundown promo clip"
Can't you just hear FLocke saying to Sayid in that calm voice, "give me the knife Sayid, you don't need to use it."

Nadia's wearing a wedding ring so Sayid must be returning home from a (business?) trip. Another sideways story of a happy and staid life?

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-10, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Canada Spoiler thread"
Happy? Not quite. We have it at 7:00 PM in Canada and Sayid does meet Nadia...

who is his sister-in-law

03-02-10, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Canada Spoiler thread"
Yes, I was thinking that she would be married to someone else, too, when I saw her wedding rings....but I didn't imagine that it would be to his brother!

03-02-10, 10:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Canada Spoiler thread"
You know after I posted that I thought that that would be too convenient, especially with the zoom in to the wedding rings, but I never even thought of his brother. I even forgot he had one until the kids called him Uncle Sayid.

03-02-10, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Canada Spoiler thread"
Here's more for those who want to know:

Claire enters the temple and tells Dogen that "He" (XLocke) is waiting to talk to you. Dogen refuses to go, puts Claire in the hole and asks Sayid to go kill Xlocke.

03-02-10, 07:23 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Canada Spoiler thread"
For a protected temple people sure can come and go!!

03-02-10, 07:25 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Canada Spoiler thread"
You should see the look on Sayid's face after he "greets" Xlocke!!

03-02-10, 08:00 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Canada Spoiler thread"
For the rest of the episode I'll just say that I sure hope Jacob isn't dead!

03-02-10, 10:29 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Canada Spoiler thread"
Good versus evil is really coming to fruition!

03-02-10, 10:45 PM (EST)
11. "Questions"
Seeing that they all need someone else to do the killing for them made me think of the following: How many have been killed in the name of God?

I wonder if Sayid was brought back to life as a favor to someone else? Nadia?

Note also that Jacob did Dogen a favor but it required a sacrifice in return: His son would live but Dogen wouldn't see him again. There didn't seem to be any sacrifice asked of Sayid: Do what Locke asked and he'd be with Nadia.

Can I say one more time that the flash sideways are so random that they become pointless? Kimmey gets killed again...so what? At least I enjoyed seeing Nadia much more than seeing Jack's fictitious son.

03-03-10, 07:57 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Questions"

Yes, michel, there seems to be so many "rules" of engagement, it's hard to keep track. Clearly, with the white ash present, XLocke couldn't cross the line. Dogan had Sayid go and try to kill Smokey, who is now free since Jacob is dead. But, it didn't work, as we saw previously the bullets going right through XLocke, now he is unable to be knifed as well. He bargained with Sayid so he would go back and send the message and kill Dogan. It seems as though he had recruited Claire with a bargain as well, most likely to get her son back. But, now we know that XLocke is capable of telling a lie....he told Claire that her son was taken by the Others.

As you noted, Jacob gave Dogan a choice which involved a great sacrifice. XLocke/Smokey/MIB gave Sayid a temptation, no? Just as the devil would tempt mankind.....choose your selfish reasons in lieu of the fate of mankind, so to speak.

For me this Sayid-centric episode underlined one major thing. That no matter what time frame poor Sayid is in, and no matter how much he tries to avoid his previous life as a killer, he always winds up being just that, a killer.

With Jack, the fixer, did we see him "fix" his relationship with his son in his flash: sideways?

So, now XLocke has many recruits...at the top of the list are Sawyer, Claire, Sayid...Kate and I assume Jin are with them, but clearly they are still on the fence and not committed to them. And Kate is just there, imo, to sway crazy Claire. It will be interesting to see her interaction with Jack. Is Claire too far off the deep end?

Ilana, Miles, Sun, Frank, Ben and company are off and running, most likely they will get up with Hurley and Jack at some point.

Yes, I am not thrilled with the flash: sideways. If the point of them is to show us that the heroes are still the same fundamentally or changed fundamentally, so what? I don't really get where they are going with it and what if anything it has to do with the conflict resolution back on the Island.

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-03-10, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: *Spoiler Thread Ep. 6.06: "Sundown""
I am sure my questions have been answered somewhere, deep in the LOST dunes here, but these came to mind as/after watching tonight's episode. Please tell me:

1. Did Jacob visit Sayid or Claire prior to the island like he did with Kate, Sawyer, et al?

2. Did XLocke speak within earshot or when he poked his head into the tent that, er, CrazyClaire and Jin were in when Claire referred to XLocke as her "friend" in last weeks episode?

Prior to this episode, I have merely been a LOST fan with frustrated speculations/questions, but this episode has me really thinking... and finally feeling like I might be on to something. Next week, I'm sure that will be a pipe dream.

03-03-10, 08:24 AM (EST)
14. "RE: *Spoiler Thread Ep. 6.06: "Sundown""
Maybe I can help a bit...

1. Jacob visited Sayid back in the flash forwards, in his time off of the Island but post crash. After the Oceanic 6 were returned to their lives, Sayid was reunited with Nadia and they married. They were together in a large city, which I thought was LA, and they were both crossing the street, when Jacob touched Sayid on the shoulder to ask him for directions. When Sayid stopped, Nadia continued on to cross, and was run down by a car that never stopped. This killed her. She whispered to Sayid that she wanted to go home (which I think meant she wanted to go back to Iran). If Sayid had not been interrupted by Jacob, he would have been run down with Nadia, thus he saved Sayid's life.

2. Claire: No, we never saw Jacob ever touch Claire....doesn't mean that she wasn't manipulated by him perhaps, but here are the ones that we saw Jacob "manipulate":
Kate with stealing the lunch box when she and Tom were little, Sawyer when sitting on the steps of the church while writing his letter to Mr. Sawyer when his pen runs out of ink, Jack with the candy bar, Sayid with the directions, Sun and Jin on their wedding day when he speaks fluent Korean and touches them both, Locke when he is pushed out the 8 story building and seems to die but wakes up when Jacob touches him, and finally to Hurley in the back of the taxi cab when he tells him to go back to the Island and take the case with him.

3. Jin has asked if she had been alone all these years by herself in the woods, and she replied, "No, I'm not alone. I have my father and my friend". Then later XLocke pokes his head in and Jin is incredulous when he says, "John?", and Claire replies, "that's not John, that's my friend!"

Hope this helps.

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-03-10, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: *Spoiler Thread Ep. 6.06: "Sundown""
Thanks. That does help and I appreciate your response! Although, it also makes half of my theory goes down the drain what a shocker!

03-03-10, 03:39 PM (EST)
16. "RE: *Spoiler Thread Ep. 6.06: "Sundown""

A picture of Nadia just before she gets slammed by the car...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •