The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Predict Season 6 and the Series Finale"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-14-09, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Predict Season 6 and the Series Finale"
Predict what you think will happen in Season 6 and how you think the series will end.

Be back soon.

You've been hotpocketed!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series... samboohoo 05-14-09 1
   RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series... zombiebaby 05-14-09 5
       RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series... samboohoo 05-14-09 8
   RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series... trigirl 05-14-09 6
       RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series... samboohoo 05-14-09 9
           RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series... weltek 05-14-09 11
               RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series... samboohoo 05-14-09 13
 RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series... Breezy 05-14-09 2
 RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series... weltek 05-14-09 3
 RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series... zombiebaby 05-14-09 4
   RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series... mrc 05-15-09 23
       RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series... zombiebaby 05-15-09 24
 "They're Coming" DoodleBug 05-14-09 7
   RE: "They're Coming" Breezy 05-14-09 10
   RE: "They're Coming" weltek 05-14-09 12
   RE: "They're Coming" zombiebaby 05-14-09 14
 RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series... trigirl 05-14-09 15
 RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series... Devious Weasel 05-14-09 16
 RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series... Max Headroom 05-14-09 17
 My prediction-filled with holes :-) weltek 05-14-09 18
 RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series... Reddhawk 05-15-09 19
   RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series... trigirl 05-15-09 20
       RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series... zombiebaby 05-15-09 21
           RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series... DoodleBug 05-15-09 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-09, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series Finale"
I predict no one will talk about it the day after.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-09, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series Finale"
Hey! Who let you in here?

05-14-09, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series Finale"
Someone had to get things rolling in here.

I have no clue what you're talking about, but at least I could pretend for at least one post.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-14-09, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series Finale"
I predict no one will talk about it the day after.

I will be too busy crying. Mourning the end of the BEST.SHOW.EVER!

05-14-09, 12:33 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series Finale"
Did they kill Matthew Fox's character? That would be sad. He's so darn hot.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-09, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series Finale"
I know. Some peeps hate his character, but I can never hate him.
*swoon*

-A Tribetastic Creation

05-14-09, 01:20 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series Finale"
One would think I would watch it just for him, but I don't.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-09, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series Finale"
As I said in the finale thread, I am now convinced the flash was a time skip not the bomb. How else will the Losties reunite?

Next season will all be about good vs evil, Jacob vs Man#2. Then they will all retire like Rose and Bernard!

My Personal 3Day Page

05-14-09, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series Finale"
I predict this summer we'll skip in time, thus already knowing how things unfold.

I think we'll see an unlikely hero (Ben maybe?) and the line continued to be blurred between good and evil. Maybe "evil" wins this time.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying all the possibilities. Maybe everyone has a twin waiting in the wings for when they die and the series finale will have their twins all boarding a plane in Argentia.

-A Tribetastic Creation

05-14-09, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series Finale"
I think the series has now shifted from science to faith. Faraday, Widemore, Dharma don't even seem relevant anymore. The Freighter?

Maybe they are flashed back to pre-815. They get on board and do it over again. Only they have to choose differently. Maybe they retain some prior knowledge? Maybe the main goal of the two men is that one, Jacob finds these people, nudges them a certain way, gives them certain objects so that attracts their "vessels" to the island. Maybe they had a bet that black shirt guy says humans will always choose violence and war and themselves over peace and harmony?

Jacob disagrees and wants to prove him wrong. He picks people that would have to overcome a lot of inner struggle as well to prove his point. It's a game between them. They know the ending and what Jacob means "it's progress" is that each new group goes a little further and "gets it" like Rose and Bernard. Maybe even Locke "got it" when he first landed on the island. But even he got carried away and did not make the right choices(his father's death by Sawyer).

I would bet we would see our Losties again next year yet I would not be suprised if we did not.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-09, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series Finale"
I agree with the idea of a do-over, although I'm not sure how that's gonna play out with the unanawered questions that still need addressing, esp. Walt and the children.

I think the final scene will be of Adam and Eve dying in the cave. I still don't know who they are for sure, but that's my guess.

You've been hotpocketed!

05-15-09, 01:04 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series Finale"
I wonder too with the "what's meant to be will be" mantra from the finale will we see one day Claire giving up Aaron to that nice couple in LA and it will be Jack and Kate?

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-09, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. ""They're Coming""
After getting stabbed, Jacob tells not-Locke "They're coming" -his people are coming. All those that he assembled - Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Sawyer, Jin - they're all coming. Dead-Locke, Sun and Ilana are already there. I think we will find that Jacob met a crying Juliet when she found out her parents were getting a divorce, touched her on the shoulder and told her everything would be ok. Jacob may have visited a young Miles, touching him on the shoulder, and gave him his gift of speaking to the dead. And Desmond was noticebly absent in the finale but he will be back (the island's not done with him yet. Jacob probably visited him too. His "12 disciples" are coming and good will prevail in the end. The war is here.

The season will start with the thirty year time leap and Jack will open his eye in the jungle... again. Throughout the season they'll find peace and love on the island (as someone else mentioned, like Rose and Benard) and know their true destiny.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-09, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: "They're Coming""
I always thought Mile's gift was because he was born on the island?

05-14-09, 12:54 PM (EST)
12. "RE: "They're Coming""
Maybe Myles can speak to the dead Locke and dead Jacob.

-A Tribetastic Creation

05-14-09, 01:42 PM (EST)
14. "RE: "They're Coming""
I've wondered if they do redo the plane crash if ROse and Bernard will be on it. Seems like they got it right. Maybe they have tried before and that is what Rose knows.

05-14-09, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series Finale"
I think they will tie in characters from the past. Walt, Libby, Boone, Charlie.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-09, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series Finale"
The last shot will be a recreation of the beach shot soon after the opening last night, with Jack in the role of Jacob and Locke in the role of non-Jacob.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-09, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series Finale"
I predict I will be watching when Lost resumes in 2010.

Headbanger by IceCat, siggie by agman

05-14-09, 03:26 PM (EST)
18. "My prediction-filled with holes :-)"
Can you genetically engineer good and evil? When a good and bad person mate, is their offspring good or bad? Can science predict and engineer this? Placed on an island, with no outside influences, how would they respond?

And then we have the unfolding of the birth of Jacob and Man#2. The two men somehow found mates, developed a society (by luring in ships using the mysterious energy of the island?). They observed and looked for good vs. bad and what would become of it and incorporated them into the island as "protectors." Thus, the first Others. The next question was to introduce society and observe how the native good and bad people interacted with "society." Enter Dharma, under the guise of science experiments.

So my theory is that there is a mix of good and bad in each "group" (Dharma, others, Losties), and the "good" somehow banished "bad" Man#2 from the island (hence the history of being "judged"). Man#2 wants revenge. So does Widmore. Both want to destroy the island, in fear "good" will make "bad" (a reflection of themselves, which maybe they don't consider "bad") obsolete if allowed to continue. Dharma experiements have allowed Man#2 to become the dead. His soul meets their body. The good and bad both want their people back to the island for the war.

Jacob thinks bad people can become good via redemption. Man#2 thinks bad will always be bad. He's there to prove this once and for all to Jacob and reclaim what he had on the island.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Reddhawk 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-15-09, 03:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Reddhawk Click to send private message to Reddhawk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-09 AT 04:35 AM (EST)

Wow, I haven't posted here in a while, but this finale has my mind racing. I have all sorts of theories now, some of which contradict one another, but here's my best guess at the moment. Bear with me, as this is going to be a bit lengthy.

It seems to me that LOST has a number of recurring themes or motifs and chief among them is this notion of Black and White, Light and Dark. It all begins with Locke's explanation of Backgammon: "Two players. Two sides. One is light, one is dark." From here, we see the theme recur several times--in the black and white stones found on the skeletons, Adam and Eve (perhaps two players?); in the colors of the Dharma Initiative logos; and even embodied in two seemingly special children, Walt and Aaron. On several other occasions, the black and white motif is accompanied by a third color--red--as in the joke told to Michael by his nurse in the episode 'Special', "What's black, white and red all over?"; we also see this in the colors of Ben's kitchen, the red hieroglyphs that appear in place of the black and white numbers of the Swan hatch timer, and during the launching of the raft in the first finale where Sawyer wears black, Jin wears white, and Michael wears red. And so it is that when we finally meet the two players, one wears a black shirt while Jacob, the other, wears a white shirt and casually eats his red herring (Thanks go to DoodleBug for pointing out the herring).

An overarching aspect of the Season 5 finale seems to be the delineation of the two players and the two sides. We begin with the black garbed man revealing his desire to kill Jacob and end with him assuming Locke's identity and manipulating Ben to achieve his aims. With Ben having been asked to follow the fake Locke by an apparition of his daughter, it seems likely that the black garbed man is somehow connected to the black smoke monster. What's more, many of the apparitions of LOST seem to be connected to the color black. For example, Jack sees his black-suited father; Kate sees a black horse; Shannon, Sayid, and Locke all see visions of Walt; and Eko sees his brother Yemi, who appears in his black clerical clothes. We could interpret all of this as an indication that, like Jacob, the black garbed man has been manipulating events on a wider scale in order to carry out his plans. In Shannon and Eko's cases, the apparitions prove deadly and seem to be yet another indication that the black side is in fact the bad side. In addition, both of Jacob's followers--the Others and the Shadow Gang--have been known to utter the phrase, "We're the good guys." Finally, we also see that Jacob lives beneath a statue of Sobek, who is said to be "a repairer of evil" that works by "nudging things along, rather than taking an active part" (Thanks go to J Slice for this information). With all of this in mind, it seems very clear who is good and who is bad. Of course, things on LOST are rarely what they seem.

As already noted, another recurring theme of LOST occurs in the manipulation of characters. Simply put, it is the "long con". Where once we had Sawyer the con man and Ben the manipulator, we now have Jacob the nudger (like Sobek) and his nemesis, the impostor. Going back to Jacob's consumption of the red herring, it seems very likely that we have been given a skewed vision of the two sides. Perhaps the idea that Jacob is good is, in itself, a sort of red herring. Couple this with Frank's observation that "The people who go out of their way to tell you they're the good guys, are the bad guys" and we begin to see the possibility of a long con playing out. What's more, LOST also seems to make several references to C.S. Lewis' The Chronicles of Narnia. First, we had a character by the name of Charlotte Staples Lewis (C.S. Lewis). Next, there turned out to be a hatch called The Lamp Post that served as a sort of gateway to the island in a fashion similar to how the lamp post in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe served to mark the gateway into Narnia. In that book, Narnia is ruled over by Queen Jadis who, although seemingly benevolent at first, turns out to be the evil White Witch. It seems likely then that the white garbed Jacob, leader of the island and the Others, could turn out to be the one that's actually evil. As a result, the inverted LOST logo at the end of the finale seems to be an indication of something greater. Up until now, the logo has always featured white text on a black background; but now, we have black text on a white background. This could be an indication that the balance of power on the island has shifted. At first glance, the predominance of white in the logo could be seen as a sign that, after five seasons of struggle and strife, the Losties have changed the past and set the stage for a happy ending. However, with the possibility that Jacob and the white side are the bad ones, we begin to see that the white logo could be a harbinger of greater evils to come. Finally, in the finale, I noticed what may or may not be a significant piece of the puzzle. Just before Jacob meets Kate (the first occurrence of him meeting a Lostie in the past), we see that she is preparing to enter a store named 'Ames Central'. This is an anagram for "Eternal Scam". I believe this may be a reference to the continuing struggle between Jacob and his nemesis. Either Jacob is not what he appears, or both men are part of something larger in which the sides are not so clearly defined.

If I had to speculate, I would say that Jack and company were unable to change the past. I believe that the explosion of the H-bomb will turn out to be what had always happened. We also know that Richard claims to have seen them all die, but that of course would prevent the possibility of them returning to their own time. Instead, I believe that Richard witnesses the explosion and mistakenly assumes that the Losties have died in the blast. In reality, the nuclear explosion will have interacted with the electromagnetic energy pocket to create a temporal distortion that sends the Losties back to the present time. Meanwhile, the Dharma folks are left to deal with the aftermath of the Incident. As a result, I believe that when Jacob says, "They're coming", he is ambiguously referring to both the returning Losties as well as the more immediate Shadow Gang. Either way, I do not believe the Losties will die. I find it interesting that they came back to the island on Flight 316 with what we were led to believe was a resurrected John Locke. This seems to be an allusion to John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Jack has now switched to the side of faith and is acting on what Locke once told him. In believing in him, they will not perish. I also believe that Desmond and Penny will return in a major way and that they will wind up becoming the Adam and Eve skeletons found in Season 1. I could also see Rose and Bernard becoming the skeletons, but either couple will need to go further back in time (the skeletons had been decomposing for 40 to 50 years). Overall, Season 6 will be all about uncovering who is good and who is evil. Of course, the Others and the Shadow Gang will begin by pursuing the false Locke, but eventually the truth will be uncovered and sides will be taken. I also believe that Jacob's cabin was intended as a means of imprisoning his nemesis, and that the broken ring of ash is an indication of how he made his escape. I think that when Locke heard Jacob saying, "Help me", it was actually the imprisoned nemesis (the true good guy). Finally, I was also struck by the Shadow Gang's question, "What lies in the shadow of the statue?" Clearly Jacob lives in the statue, but does he actually lie in its shadow? The wording of the question made me think of a baby or small child lying asleep, which then made me think of Aaron. Claire was told that she had to raise her baby, and yet she seems to have just left him lying in the jungle. Something about this seems off. That episode was called Raised by Another, but could it have actually been meant as Raised by an other? Is it possible that the Aaron we have been seeing is an impostor like the false Locke? Could the real Aaron have come under the care of Jacob? If this is indeed the case, then I foresee the return of Aaron and Walt with a white, yet evil, Aaron and a black, yet good, Walt. Notice also that like Jacob, Aaron has blond hair (I believe it was Trigirl that commented on Jacob's blond hair). It may seem insignificant, but with everything taken together, I believe that we are in store for the ultimate twist, where the darkside is good and the lightside is bad. How it all ends I cannot say, but maybe it doesn't actually end; maybe this will all turn out to be part of the "Eternal Scam", the ongoing struggle that will only repeat itself in some other iteration.

05-15-09, 07:08 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series Finale"
Excellent post! I think you are on to something. I remember a podcast with Darlton where they said that we should not decide which characters are evil and which are not....and that was before we were introduced to Jacob and Man2.

The Raised by an Other thing has been bothering me too.

05-15-09, 07:20 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series Finale"
I agree nice post! I think that all the games we have been shown also have meaning, Connect Four(RED!!!), Mouse Trap(kind of a long con right?), chess, backgammon, what else?

Remember Kate asking Jack what color thread he wanted for his stitches in the Pilot? He said Basic Black.

I alos just read somewhere that TPTB said between this finale and the season premiere of season 6 we will pretty much be able to piece together what is going on and this scenario you laid out sounds like it. I would guess next season we will see if they either flash to 2007, further past or further in the future and that will be where the war takes place. We will know if they have to redo it over or not and what place everyone has in this big long game.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-09, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Predict Season 6 and the Series Finale"
Risk. One of my favorite scenes was Locke, Hurley and Sawyer playing Risk in the Dharma house.

I agree that I have been going back and forth as to who is good and who is bad. My hubby has always said that Ben is a good guy. Now I just think Ben has been a pawn. The introduction of Man#2 and Jacob was just fascinating!

Love your theories, Redhawk!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •