The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 5 Speculation thread/episode Titles"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-17-09, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season 5 Speculation thread/episode Titles"
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-09 AT 12:58 PM (EST)

Thought we could have a little speculation thread going based on episode titles. I don't know what character is central to which episode. Feel free to add but maybe that should be blocked out?

REminder this is speculation based on episode titles and any spoilers should be hidden!

Remaining epsiodes dates and titles:

March 18 - 5.09 - Namaste
March 25 - 5.10 - He's Our You
April 1 - 5.11 - Whatever Happened, Happened
April 8 - 5.12 - Dead is Dead
April 15 - 5.13 - Some Like It Hoth
April 22 - clip show
April 29 - 5.14 - The Variable
May 6 - 5.15 - Follow the Leader
May 13 - 5.16 & 5.17 - The Incident

There are a few titles here that are very interesting to me.

"He's Our You" sounds like something Hurley would say.

"Some Like It Hoth" is very punny. The movie "Some Like It Hot" was about guys masquerading as women right? Hoth is from Star Wars. The frozen planet. This time we get our Star Wars reference right in the title. I expect MCatt to be around for that one

"The Variable" this one really intrigues me. It seems like the companion to "The Constant". I wonder...could Desmond be both? Is he the Island's constant? We know he is called a wild card or a variable. I hate when people throw the idea of a constant now because of that episode but you can't overlook why they would even introduce the idea of one if not to have it come into play later.

Finally we have "The Inicident". I am both dreading this as it is the last episodes and looking forward to seeing what this is fianlly all about.

You've been hotpocketed!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season 5 Speculation thread/epi... frodis 03-17-09 1
 RE: Season 5 Speculation thread/epi... shimane22 03-17-09 2
   RE: Season 5 Speculation thread/epi... BrassFan 03-19-09 5
       RE: Season 5 Speculation thread/epi... shimane22 04-17-09 12
 Going to go a-googling moonbaby 03-18-09 3
 RE: Season 5 Speculation thread/epi... J Slice 03-18-09 4
   RE: Season 5 Speculation thread/epi... zombiebaby 04-05-09 7
 RE: Season 5 Speculation thread/epi... zombiebaby 04-05-09 6
   Some Like It Hoth DoodleBug 04-09-09 8
       RE: Some Like It Hoth mrc 04-09-09 9
           RE: Some Like It Hoth zombiebaby 04-14-09 10
           RE: Some Like It Hoth weltek 04-15-09 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-17-09, 10:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season 5 Speculation thread/episode Titles"
My immediate reaction to "He's Our You" was to think of Sawyer leading the 1977 people in the way that Jack was the de facto leader of the 815'ers. He's our You - Sawyer's our Jack?

I think the Incident is the one mentioned in the original Dharma video by Dr. Candle. The one that required the set-up of the button pushing. It worries me, too.

I agree that "The Variable" brings "The Constant" to mind. I think the idea of a constant is important and will come back.

It's not just A Zombie Original, it's THE Zombie Original!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

shimane22 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-17-09, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shimane22 Click to send private message to shimane22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season 5 Speculation thread/episode Titles"

"Whatever Happened, Happened" - Someone tries to stop someone else from doing something in the past, but it doesn't matter because "whatever happened, happened."

"Dead is Dead"- I wouldn't be surprised if this is where Daniel meets little girl Charlotte and tries to do something to prevent her from dying in the future, but it doesn't work because "dead is dead."

I'm guessing "The Incident" is what finally gets them all out of Dharma time and returns the remaining survivors to the right timetable. I wonder if the Jughead bomb from earlier in the season was like Chekhov's gun and will come back into play during the finale.

No idea about any of the other titles.

BrassFan 322 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-19-09, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BrassFan Click to send private message to BrassFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season 5 Speculation thread/episode Titles"
>
>"Whatever Happened, Happened" - Someone tries
>to stop someone else from
>doing something in the past,
>but it doesn't matter because
>"whatever happened, happened."

Since this was Daniel's mantra, I'm betting this is the episode where he tells Charlotte not to come back to the island.

>I'm guessing "The Incident" is what
>finally gets them all out
>of Dharma time and returns
>the remaining survivors to the
>right timetable. I wonder if
>the Jughead bomb from earlier
>in the season was like
>Chekhov's gun and will come
>back into play during the
>finale.

'The Incident' is something that the Dharma folks have mentioned a time or two, and it led to the creation of the button, and I'm betting it also had something to do with the problem women had with childbirth.

Season 6 should be a buildup to the purge, and our favorite time travelers attempts to escape before it happens.

shimane22 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-17-09, 02:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shimane22 Click to send private message to shimane22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Season 5 Speculation thread/episode Titles"
I really hope this show gets all of the Losties back to the present by the end of the season... I'm honestly kinda bored with dharma time. Plus Jin and Sun need to be reunited!

I'm speculating season 6 has more to do with the war that Widmore told Locke about, which seems to be escalating with the arrival of crazy Ilana and Bram. I guess I just see it as more likely that everyone will return to the present than Sun, Ben, and Locke heading back to the past

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-09, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Going to go a-googling"
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-09 AT 03:10 PM (EST)

because Hoth is also something Egyptian, IIRC.

I'll be back!

Whooops, that was Thoth. My mistake
http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/egyptian-mythology.php?deity=THOTH&ds=N

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-09, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Season 5 Speculation thread/episode Titles"
Slice's speculation:

I think Daniel is The Variable, whereas Desmond is the Constant. My theory is that Daniel indeed does try to change the future - in effect, acting as the "x" in the equation. This action of his may well lead to The Incident.

NAMASTE!

04-05-09, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Season 5 Speculation thread/episode Titles"
So to me this implies whoever it is or whatever that something can be changed?

04-05-09, 09:14 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Season 5 Speculation thread/episode Titles"
"Dead is Dead". Do you think there will be a death in this one? I'm suspicious of episodes where they actually have "dead" or "death" in the title.

I suppose now we shall see if Locke really is as is other past deaths. Who am I kidding? We won't find out that!

"Some Like it Hoth" still is a mystery to me. Do we get back to cold regions?

You've been hotpocketed!

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-09, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Some Like It Hoth"
Based on previews of next week, I think I know what this means now. It's all about Miles and his backstory. The producers do word games with the title and also a shout-out to Star Wars (they've done this before in previous episodes). It's a play on the movie "Some Like It Hot". But in the title, it's Hoth, the frozen planet of the Star Wars saga, which is the opposite of Hot. And what are dead people? Cold. Miles can talk to dead people. So Miles likes it Hoth, rather than Hot.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-09, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Some Like It Hoth"
Interesting title, "Some Like it Hoth." Could they have planted a clue in the name? "Some like iT HOTH." Thoth was an Egyptian god. Look it up.

While we're all thinking about Star Wars, they're planting an Egyptian god's name in the title.

http://www.lost-forum.com/showpost.php?p=270041340&postcount=14

His roles in Egyptian mythology were many. Thoth served as a mediating power, especially between good and evil, making sure neither had a decisive victory over the other.<29> He also served as scribe of the gods,<30> credited with the invention of writing and alphabets (ie. hieroglyphs) themselves.<31> In the underworld, Duat, he appeared as an ape, A'an, the god of equilibrium, who reported when the scales weighing the deceased's heart against the feather, representing the principle of Ma'at, was exactly even.<32>

The ancient Egyptians regarded Thoth as One, self-begotten, and self-produced.<20> He was the master of both physical and moral (ie. Divine) law,<20> making proper use of Ma'at.<3> He is credited with making the calculations for the establishment of the heavens, stars, Earth,<33> and everything in them.<3> Compare this to how his feminine counterpart, Ma'at was the force which maintained the Universe.<34> He is said to direct the motions of the heavenly bodies. Without his words, the Egyptians believed, the gods would not exist.<35> His power was almost unlimited in the Underworld and rivaled that of Ra and Osiris.<20>

The Egyptians credited him as the author of all works of science, religion, philosophy, and magic.<36> The Greeks further declared him the inventor of astronomy, astrology, the science of numbers, mathematics, geometry, land surveying, medicine, botany, theology, civilized government, the alphabet, reading, writing, and oratory. They further claimed he was the true author of every work of every branch of knowledge, human and divine.<37>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thoth

04-14-09, 09:09 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Some Like It Hoth"
Good catch. I like this better than the play on words.

Maybe Dharma gets a copy of Star Wars to show to the peeps too. It'd be funny if a Wookie just walked through the New Otherton.

Zombs<---just being random.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-09, 07:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Some Like It Hoth"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-09 AT 07:57 AM (EST)

Nevermind. Wrong thread.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •