The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-24-09, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-09 AT 12:29 PM (EST)

I won't be here next week, so I am delegating thread-starting responsibility for the next episode to zombs. Zombs, the Island needs you. You are special. You are the Chosen One. Do not fail the Island.

Finally, some answers to what happened to Locke. The list of guest stars is also intriguing.

Locke's mission off the island as Jeremy is revealed. Guest starring: Malcolm David Kelley as Walt, John Terry as Christian Shephard, Alan Dale as Charles Widmore, Lance Reddick as Matthew Abaddon, William Blanchett as Aaron, Said Taghmaoui as Caesar, Zuleikha Robinson as Ilana, Ammar Daraiseh as Hajer, Grisel Toledo as Susie, Stephen Scibetta as foreman and John Jamal Bradley as kid.

You've been hotpocketed!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... zombiebaby 02-24-09 1
   RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... mrc 02-24-09 2
 RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... trigirl 02-25-09 3
   RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... zombiebaby 02-25-09 4
 RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... pinksparkleguitar 02-25-09 5
 For Trigirl CTgirl 02-25-09 6
 RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... dabo 02-26-09 7
   RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... SenecaTurtle 02-26-09 31
 RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... Breezy 02-26-09 8
   RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... Max Headroom 02-26-09 9
 RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... frodis 02-26-09 10
   RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... Breezy 02-26-09 11
       RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... frodis 02-26-09 14
   RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... trigirl 02-26-09 12
       RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... frodis 02-26-09 13
           RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... Breezy 02-26-09 15
               RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... frodis 02-26-09 16
           RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... zombiebaby 02-26-09 19
   RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... BrassFan 02-26-09 25
       RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... HobbsofMI 02-26-09 32
 RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... mrc 02-26-09 17
   RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... zombiebaby 02-26-09 20
 RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... zombiebaby 02-26-09 18
   RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... PackMan 03-02-09 42
 One more thing zombiebaby 02-26-09 21
 Kill me once... moonbaby 02-26-09 22
 RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... J Slice 02-26-09 23
 RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... CTgirl 02-26-09 24
   RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... zombiebaby 02-26-09 26
       RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... CTgirl 02-26-09 27
       RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... Max Headroom 02-26-09 28
       RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... mrc 02-26-09 29
           RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... zombiebaby 02-26-09 30
 RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... HobbsofMI 02-26-09 33
   RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... mrc 02-26-09 34
       RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... HobbsofMI 02-26-09 35
 RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... angelworth29 02-26-09 36
   Screen cap link moonbaby 02-27-09 38
       RE: Screen cap link angelworth29 02-27-09 39
 RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... pinksparkleguitar 02-26-09 37
 RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... Flowerpower 03-01-09 40
   RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... J Slice 03-02-09 41
       RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of... Road Kill 03-02-09 43
 Random thoughts and questions... SenecaTurtle 03-02-09 44
 Diagaram that Caesar Found trigirl 03-03-09 45

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-09, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
Oh it's your turn to turn the wheel?
Where are you going? Some tropical paradise? Is there a new episode next week? I thought after this episode there is a mini-break of a week or two?

You've been hotpocketed!

I miss you already.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

02-24-09, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
I think next week is a new episode. The break might come with the NCAA basketball tourney?!

Bunnies eat nerds.
Awww!

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-25-09, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-09 AT 09:33 AM (EST)

oh goody...we get to see Walt and Matthew Abaddon.

bouncey by Ice

Edited to add:

There is only one week off and it comes after episode 8 on March 11th. So it's not too much of a break....thank goodness!

02-25-09, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
Thanks! I kept trying to look for scheduling but I was to afraid of random spoilers!

You've been hotpocketed!

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-25-09, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
Yay! Walt!

Sig by Tribe- the real 'Jacob' of the island.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-09, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "For Trigirl"
and anyone else (some teasers, but nothing spoilerish):

TV Guide's Getting Lost for this week:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Getting-Lost-Locke-1003246.aspx

(I forgot to post last weeks, but C&L admitted that they keep Sawyer shirtless for the women, lol!)

And an interview with Lance Riddick from TV Guide:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Losts-Lance-Reddick-1003317.aspx

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-09, 02:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
And now we have a whole new group of castaways.

New Gilligan, well why not.

I would totally give up on this show but I'm curious to find out if they have figured out some nonsense to make it all make sense, Or some semblance of utter preposterousosity posing as sense.

SenecaTurtle 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-26-09, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SenecaTurtle Click to send private message to SenecaTurtle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
"utter preposterousosity"

~~snort~~

I like that word and it describes this show sooooo well!!

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-09, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
I knew Ben was evil.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-09, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
And now you have (more) proof.

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-26-09, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
I'm eagerly awaiting all of you to tell me what to think of this episode, because I just don't know what to make of it. I'm one of those who liked last week's episode, but this week's has me all befuddled. And not really in that good LOST befuddled way, but like I missed something.

- Are Cesar and Locke and the new lost-aways actually on the island? Or was THE island what Locke was standing on the shore staring at? There's Dharma stuff there so I first thought that it was THE island but now I don't know.

- Why do the new lost-aways seem not all-that phased at being crashed on an island?

- Didn't it seem kind of un Locke-like for him to give up so fast when he hadn't even gotten to Sun yet?

- When did Widmore set up the cameras at the exit point? After Ben but before Locke? Must have been at that time, right? Did Ben's appearance tip him off to where it was?

Things that I'm comfortable being befuddled about:

- Ben didn't get zapped off the plane with the O6. Why? Interesting, that!

- What was it about Locke mentioning Jin that made Ben pause? He clearly didn't know that and it seemed to make a difference in his evil little brain, so. . . why?

- Is Walt supposed to come back?

Hmmm.

It's not just A Zombie Original, it's THE Zombie Original!

02-26-09, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-09 AT 09:21 AM (EST)

Sun and Jin, Locke promised Jin that he would NOT bring Sun back to the island. So no not surprised that he didn't contact her. Ben was surprised Jin was alive.

I'm confused on the new lost-aways too.

edited to make a Sun a Jin.

02-26-09, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
You're right, regarding Locke's promise to Jin. I knew that, deleted it, then forgot it while typing my other questions, went back and added it. Duh. I have a cold, my brain isn't fully working.

02-26-09, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
- Are Cesar and Locke and the new lost-aways actually on the island? Or was THE island that Locke was standing on the shore staring at? There's Dharma stuff there so I first thought that it was THE island but now I don't know.

The way that John was staring off at the other Island leaves me to believe that he is on the one that Sawyer, Kate and Jack were being held on by the others.

- Didn't it seem kind of un Locke-like for him to give up so fast when he hadn't even gotten to Sun yet?

I was glad that he didn't go to see Sun and that he kept his promise to Jin. He is an honourable man. I think his encounter with Jack was the last straw. He knew that if he could convince Jack the others would follow, but without him he had failed.

- Ben didn't get zapped off the plane with the O6. Why? Interesting, that!

I wonder if Ben and Locke didn't get zapped off the plane because they are NOT supposed to be there. Remember Ben said that he would never be allowed to come back.

What did puzzle me is tht the 316'ers said that the Pilot and a woman (Sun?) stole one of the boats and took off. Why were they not zapped out with Jack, Hurly and Kate?

The other thing that puzzled me is that I thought the Island wouldn't let you die. Remember Michael tried to committ suicide several times and Mr. Friendly explained to him that he could not die. Jack tried to jump off the bridge, but was not allowed. Why then can Locke die?

02-26-09, 09:19 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
Maybe the island won't let you commit suicide, but it will let someone kill you? In all three cases, suicide was prevented, including Locke's.

02-26-09, 09:23 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
Or you can only be killed by someone else that was on the island.

02-26-09, 09:28 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
It could also be part of the time-loop thing. It could tie into whole thing earlier in this episode with Matthew explaining path and destiny to Locke, that you can't change whatever it is that you're supposed to do. If the island has a use for you in the future you can't die.

Although Locke did die, so I wonder if he's now in the past, on the Island, or if he actually did come back to life.

02-26-09, 10:38 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
The island will let you die if it is either done with you or wants you to die. I'm guessing it goes along with it was his destiny to die.

Locke might be one of the most heartbreaking characters I have ever watched on tv. Great job by the actor.

BrassFan 322 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-26-09, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BrassFan Click to send private message to BrassFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
>- What was it about
>Locke mentioning Jin that made
>Ben pause? He clearly
>didn't know that and it
>seemed to make a difference
>in his evil little brain,
>so. . . why?

Yeah...I wondered about that...Why was he suprised that Jin was alive? Why did he assume he was dead? He had no way of knowing if Jin was on the freighter when it blew up..so, why did he assume that Jin died?

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-09, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
I would assume that he has someone watching Sun.....thus seeing the grief and the headstone when she went with her daughter and Hugo.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig JSlice and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

02-26-09, 09:31 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
Great episode!

1. What a character study of Locke. He was hammered over and over for being a failure, for being alone, yet he succeeds (with Ben's help) in accomplishing his mission.

2. Or did he? I can't figure out who is supposed to get back to the Island. Why does Walt have to go back? He's special, but why? Why is Locke special, if Walt is? Will Walt take his place? Will Locke ever get to lead?

3. Speaking of Walt, he can't act. It was painful to watch him, although it was touching to remember the first season and his and Locke's relationship.

4. Abaddon was the coolest character. He helps people get to where they are supposed to go; wonder what that means?

5. Helen being dead made me sad. I wanted to see her again.

6. There's a war coming?! What kind of war? Between Ben and Widmore? Or something else?

7. I knew that Caesar was going to play a role in this arc. As for the new castaways, we may find out more about them soon. I doubt they just crash, then disappear from the story.

I'm a mAGMANimous ruler

02-26-09, 10:46 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
1. Yeah like I said above...one of the most heartbreaking characters ever.

2. I think they keep pushing Locke to lead but he keeps "screwing up". He keeps listening to others like Ben and Widmore. He lacks the confidence to trust himself. It actually seems like Locke is kind of lacking all that faith we keep hearing about. He has to make a big leap of faith like Jack only Locke has to believe in himself.

3. I liked when Walt first spotted him. That was touching but then the kid spoke. I don't think we are finished with him.

4. He was cool and who knows if we will see him again? He was like a Shephard too.

5. Me too. I've heard speculation other places that they don't think she is dead and it was a set up by Widmore or Ben so John won't be attached to non-island life. Even heard spec. that Helen was on 316. That? I don't know if I agree. Unless she always worked for them...
It would be cool if Locke/helen ended up being the great big romance. I'm really pulling for him after this episode can you tell?

6. Crazy extreme chess match!!!!! You in? I'm hoping that it is Locke who can stop this all!

7. I like his salad.

You've been hotpocketed!

02-26-09, 10:31 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
I'm wondering

1. Why did Ben not leave the 316's? You would think he would hightail it out of there.

2. Do you think Ms. Hawkings could be on that plane? What about Widemore? Were they "hiding" in coach? Could she be the woman who left with the pilot? Has Frank been in on this all along? He was hired by Widemore originally right?

3. I think they might be setting up a big Walt story for next season. He was always portrayed as creepy and very powerful.
I also just finally saw all those webisodes from last year. I highly recommend them. You can find them on YouTube. Walt's was pretty creepy.

4. I have hope that Ben and Widemore are both bad and that Locke will finally be a leader and gather up an army of good soldiers and eventually triumph.

5. It did feel like a whole episode of Locke in therapy though.

Overall this was my least favorite episode. I liked last week better. I wish we had seen more island time and they did it the conventional flashback way. Most of the Locke as Bentham stuff we kind of knew. His scenes with Widemore and the death scene were good to see and maybe the only new info. gained.

The acting was superb(execpt as MRC noted by Walt). It was very painful to watch Locke on this journey. At first I thought he was offered an orange by Illana, mirroring the pilot episode but that turned out to be a mango.

You've been hotpocketed!

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-09, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PackMan Click to send private message to PackMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
>At first I thought he
>was offered an orange by
>Illana, mirroring the pilot episode
>but that turned out to
>be a mango.

I thought the same thing... Maybe the mango represents that even though there is a time loop, something has changed. The butterfly effect would imply that small changes can have big impacts... maybe this change in fruits is symbolic of one of those small changes being in effect...

then again, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

02-26-09, 11:13 AM (EST)
21. "One more thing"
I wonder if when Ben had Micheal bring Jack, Sawyer , Kate and Hurley too him and then he eventually held them on Hydra if he was doing it so their time traveling dopplegangers can move about the rest of the island. At that time Sun, Sayid and Jin were off on a boat sailing to find them as well.

One more thing
I know everyone keeps going back to the obituary about Locke's "son". It truly could be a prop used at the time but what if Locke had written a will leaving all that money Widmore had given him to Walt to kind of "atone" for everything?

You've been hotpocketed!

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-09, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Kill me once..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-09 AT 11:20 AM (EST)

shame on you. Kill me twice, shame on me.

I hope he's done with Ben now. But is the alternative Widmore? Sheesh, what a choice!

Terry O'Quinn was great in this episode.

Edited to say I agree that the plane crash landed on the other island, and the O6 were somehow beamed onto THE island.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-09, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
I'm getting a hell of a gray-hat reading on Widmore and Ben. I am not convinced either of them is good or bad. They both strike me as anti-heroes, which are, as far as I am concerned, extremely interesting and wonderful.

Also, given Widmore's reaction to Locke's lack of aging, I am willing to speculate that Richard is, perhaps, another time-traveler.

Anyone else get some Slaughterhouse-5 Vibes from this show, this season in particular?

NAMASTE!

02-26-09, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
This episode felt rather discombobulated to me. It didn’t flow well probably because we already knew most of what Jeremy Bentham did, but there were some interesting characterizations.

Widmore and Ben – They are both evil and Ben really crossed the line IMO when he killed Abbadon and Locke. There may be a bigger war coming, but the one between Widmore and Ben has already started. Widmore was being way too contrite and nice to Locke in Tunisia. Very suspicious!

Matthew Abbadon – Gets people where they need to go. He got Locke to go on his walkabout which means Widmore was involved in getting people on Oceanic 316. This slightly redeems him to me if he truly is after the islands well-being and not himself.

John Locke – No wonder he’s so conflicted what with being named after two different philosophers! I was getting choked up during his suicide scene – brilliant acting. So if he’s “alive” on the island, does that mean Christian is also alive? (I always thought of Christian as some sort of specter.)

Walt – When Walt asked after his father it makes me think that Walt will return to the island and will meet up again with his father in some way to get closure. Also we got another creepy foreshadowing dream with him, “I’ve been dreaming of you on the island wearing a suit with a bunch of people around you – and they want to hurt you.” Walt’s story’s not over yet.

Hurley – Loved that Hugo thought Locke was dead because he’s been seeing so many dead people! He remembered “evil” Matthew Abbadon from Oceanic Air. He’s definitely not crazy!!

Time – 4 island days = 3 years for the 316ers.

Caesar and Iliana – I didn’t like the way their storyline was introduced; it was too disjointed (even for Lost!)

Gold car – the last car to enter Locke’s car accident scene was the gold car again.

02-26-09, 01:41 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
100% agree about everything except the following:

Time – 4 island days = 3 years for the 316ers.

I think that the island was same as off island. When Ben turned the wheel he ended up around 9 months into the future. (Per Sayid saying Nadia died 9 months later after he returned and Ben saw that on the TV). Locke turned the wheel after 4 days and ended up 3 years into the future. It's just (as far as we know now) a random forward travel in time. The ones left behind got flashed somewhere, say 1970's or 80's Dharma time and then played out their 3 years there(barring any other time flashes like they were experiencing) just like 3 years passed off island. Only thing is Locke is technically missing 3 years.

Caesar and Iliana – I didn’t like the way their storyline was introduced; it was too disjointed (even for Lost!)

I do agree. I read on DArkUFO home page that last night's opening scene was originally going to be the opening scene for the season instead they went with Dr. Candle's whole bit.

I think the acting saved this episode.

You've been hotpocketed!

02-26-09, 01:49 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
I should have put a "?" mark after the time thing.

You're right about the time jump, but I still wonder if the timing is the same on and off the island for 2 reasons. Depending on when they are, could the Losties survive for 3 years on the island in hostile territory and the whole nosebleed thing (which may only occur when they are time jumping.) Probably one of the many questions that won't get answered until next year. Also Charles Widmore alluded to the time travel timing so I think he's still trying to figure it out too.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-09, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
I think the acting saved this episode.

Terry O'Quinn was remarkable. He's done an outstanding job of portraying a flawed, complicated character in John Locke. Last night's episode would've been a complete throwaway without his stellar work.

With that said, I still didn't like last night's episode. After a great start to the season, the last two episodes have been duds in my book.

02-26-09, 02:04 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
Better stay away from DarkUFO. I haven't risked going there in a few months.

Tribefied

02-26-09, 02:17 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
I just go to the home page. There are no spoilers there.

02-26-09, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
I loved the ep too but I do think it would have fit in better before last weeks ep.

I have many of the same questions as everyone here plus I think Ben and Windmores are bad and only Locke can put an end to all the bad things going on between them and heal the island.

02-26-09, 03:47 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
I completely disagree. If this ep. had been flip-flopped with last week's, we wouldn't have known who Caesar was, what the crash was, etc. We would have had flashbacks to explain what happened, which would have been more confusing.

Bunnies eat nerds.

02-26-09, 03:51 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
I'm also assuming they would have cut it different......but they have done things like that in the past.....a lostie pops up and then we find out how they are connected later.

angelworth29 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-26-09, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail angelworth29 Click to send private message to angelworth29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
In the scene where Locke is "found" on the beach, and Ilana and Caesar come to talk to him, in the background there is a fire, and I swear to God that Charlie was standing right next to it. Or his twin.

I don't know, it was out of focus, so it could've been anyone. And I know, I wondered to myself, why wouldn't Locke have noticed him, blah, blah, blah, but we all know anything is possible, right? Someone please get my back on this one...

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-09, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "Screen cap link"
LAST EDITED ON 02-27-09 AT 09:33 AM (EST)

Is the guy to the right past the one with his back to the camera who you mean? It does resemble him A LOT from a distance, but if you click on the picture to embiggen (lol is that a word) it, it isn't Charlie. I think they do stuff like this to mess with us

http://gallery.lost-media.com/displayimage-1469-7.html
Scroll down a little for this photo.

angelworth29 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-27-09, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail angelworth29 Click to send private message to angelworth29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Screen cap link"
Wow, my memory of the scene is completely different from the picture, all I remembered was the fire and thinking it looked like Charlie. I even thought it was a daylight scene. Oh well, thanks for the link! You are right, if you embiggen it, he looks a lot less like Charlie. Dangit.

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-09, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
I love this show more than any other show I have loved.

That's all.

Sig by Tribe- the real 'Jacob' of the island.

Flowerpower 7012 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-09, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
I noted that alot of folks are speculating that the Oceanic 6, Ben, and Locke all got separated, and perhaps Locke and Ben are on another island. I don't think that is the case, I think that they are all on the same island, yet have landed in different times. Could Hurley, Kate, and Jack have landed in the past, as we see the vw bus with Jin as a Dharma agent...? The question becomes, is Jin alone, or has he already met up with Sawyer and company? Will Jack, Hurley, and Kate catch up with Sawyers group too?

Perhaps, Locke, Ben, and the other passengers from 316 are more in the future?

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-09, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
Near as I could tell, the majority of the 316-ers seem to have landed on Hydra island - the vista looked awfully similar to the one Ben took Sawyer to in a season 3 episode - the one with the heart-attack bunny. Looks like Lapidus did a dandy landing-job, too.

That is only speculation, of course, but how else would Cesar have found an office-place so quickly - it probably wasn't a hatch.

NAMASTE!

Road Kill 1101 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-09, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Road%20Kill Click to send private message to Road%20Kill Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Ep. 5.7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham""
I think Flower and Slice are both right. The 316-ers seem to have landed on Hydra island, but in a different time.

The losties that we know to be on the main island were all 'zapped' off the plane. And we all know that 'zapping' takes you to a different time. And that is supported by seeing Jin in a new Dharma uniform.

I would guess that the 316-ers are in the future due to the 'office' being abandoned, but who knows.

SenecaTurtle 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-02-09, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SenecaTurtle Click to send private message to SenecaTurtle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "Random thoughts and questions..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-09 AT 11:53 PM (EST)

So, John Locke was dead, in a coffin on the plane. Plane crashes, John Locke is alive and walking around.

Christian Shepard was dead, in a coffin on the Oceanic flight. Does that mean he is possibly alive after that crash and NOT a figment of everyone's imagination or an apparition/ghost of some sort like previously thought?

Is Iliana (sp?) the law enforcement person who was transporting Sayid or was that another woman? I didn't pay attention. If she isn't, the woman that left with the pilot dude could have been the woman with Sayid and left to go look for him and put him back in custody.

Ceaser is apparently the Jack of this crash...

Don't you think the "others" that were left on the island would have seen the plane crash on the little island unless it happened during a time jump for them too.

We have different groups together but don't know if they are in the same time zone or not...

Kate, Jack, Hurley are now with Jin on the big island

Where is Sayid?

John, Ben and the other survivors of the new crash are together on the little island. However, in the previews for next time it shows Ben and Sun together in the jungle and Ben has his arm in a sling.

Sawyer and Juliette are together but where are Miles, Daniel and Charlotte? I think its going to be Charlotte in the previews with a bag on her head, they want you to think its Kate but the hair is too light and she is wearing the wrong shirt.

Where are Bernard, Rose and the other Oceanic survivors all this time?

I also agree that the acting in this show is superb. Ben's character has always been amazing and Locke's character was exceptional. Hurley has always been my favorite. I laughed out loud when he freaked Locke was alive and not dead. He was completely calm at the thought of him being dead, it was hilarious.

Edited to add - Does Charles Widmore own the Dharma Iniative?

*ST*

03-03-09, 08:13 AM (EST)
45. "Diagaram that Caesar Found"
Was just looking at a screen cap of the stuff that Casesar found in the notebook. I think it was interesting because on the chart with all the circles, lines and equations are the labels "Real Time", "Imaginary Time" and "Space Time". I have been assuming that they really are skipping through time, but if that is the case, why is it labelled "Imaginary Time"?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •