The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Question"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

sisyphus 321 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-22-09, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sisyphus Click to send private message to sisyphus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Question"
For those of you who can remember....give me your thoughts please..

In the constant from last season, if you remember, after the blast of dharma station manned by desmond, desmond fell into a time loop and was going back and forth between the past present and future.....as the viewer experienced it....desmond was physically present on the beach, but was obviously having some kind of extraordinary experience....to the point where he could predict that charlie would die in the underwater station.....

Then comes daniel in "the constant" and he realizes what desmond is going through....and realizes that he had met desmond in passing at oxford....Daniel knows that if you get stuck in the time loop you will die...solution find a constant...desmonds constant was penny...

So the question now is What is the constant for the losties? I think the losties(on the island) are experiencing the same thing that desmond was experiencing except we are seeing it from a different perspective...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Q... mrc 01-22-09 1
   RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Q... miamicatt 01-22-09 10
       RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Q... mrc 01-22-09 11
 RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Q... LostAddict 01-22-09 2
   RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Q... Chez 01-22-09 3
       RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Q... sisyphus 01-22-09 4
           RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Q... mrc 01-22-09 5
               RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Q... zombiebaby 01-22-09 6
                   RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Q... sisyphus 01-22-09 8
                       RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Q... zombiebaby 01-22-09 12
                   RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Q... mrc 01-22-09 9
                       hot pocket? Breezy 01-22-09 15
                           RE: hot pocket? mrc 01-23-09 19
                               Breezypedia wins zombiebaby 01-23-09 20
                                   RE: Breezypedia wins mrc 01-23-09 21
                                       RE: Breezypedia wins Breezy 01-23-09 22
                                           RE: Breezypedia wins dragonflies 01-23-09 23
                                   I found video of it moonbaby 01-24-09 24
                                       Controversy continues... zombiebaby 01-24-09 25
               RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Q... sisyphus 01-22-09 7
                   RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Q... michel 01-22-09 13
                       RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Q... Chez 01-23-09 16
                           RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Q... trigirl 01-23-09 17
                           RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Q... zombiebaby 01-23-09 18
 RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Q... trigirl 01-22-09 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-22-09, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Question"
One theory is that Daniel told the Losties to find something man-made so that it would be their "constant." I also wonder if maybe the O6 are "constants" of some sort for people on the island. I haven't thought that one out too much, though.

A Slice of Manga

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

miamicatt 9247 desperate attention whore postings

01-22-09, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miamicatt Click to send private message to miamicatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Question"
LAST EDITED ON 01-22-09 AT 05:32 PM (EST)

I thought the "find something man-made" thing was just so they could roughly determine "when" they were when things skipped. For example, the hatch being intact vs. blown apart helped them determine the time they had leaped to.

01-22-09, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Question"
That makes more sense. I wondered why they suddenly gave up and went back to the beach instead of hanging out at the Hatch.

Tribefied

LostAddict 420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-22-09, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LostAddict Click to send private message to LostAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Question"
I don't think they are experiencing the same thing. Whith Desmond it was a stream of conscience thing. While his body was still present on the freighter his mind experienced the flashes. His body never left the freighter, which was evident by those around him who asked him about being unconscience.

The losties are now experiencing the island changing time. They are not going anywhere, nor is their conscience. They are fully aware of their surroundings. I think the island is just "skipping" in time.

Chez 670 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-22-09, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Question"
Except Charlotte appears to be affected by the time jumping disease, as evidenced by her nose-bleed. What is different about Charlotte's experience vs, the other Losties?

01-22-09, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sisyphus Click to send private message to sisyphus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Question"
Some people theorize that charlotte may have been born on the island....therefore the time shifts are affecting to a much greater degree for what ever reason...

01-22-09, 04:43 PM (EST)
5. "RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Question"
The problem with that theory, IMHO, is that we've seen other people with nosebleeds, incl. Desmond. So, were they born on the island, too? Or is it the lack of a "constant" that causes the physical problems?

Bunnies eat nerds.

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

01-22-09, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Question"
I thought it was high levels of radiation or electromagnetism? Didn't Minkowski get exposed from his position on the freighter as well as Desmond when he turned the failsafe key?

Charlotte could have that due to being born on the island when something like that happened. Or her work for Dharma or whatever it was she did when looking at the polar bear skeleton.

*throws hot pocket*

01-22-09, 05:02 PM (EST)
8. "RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Question"
If i remember correctly minkowski had gone to the island or was on his way to the island...without permission.... when he was exposed to the electromagnetic radiation...we don't know where charlotte was when the island ben turned the wheel...

01-22-09, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Question"
I don't think that has anything to do with it really. I think it is her being back on the island again. Charlotte had been born on the island so has been exposed all along. Didn't she say that she had not have a nose bleed since she was a little girl?

01-22-09, 05:18 PM (EST)
9. "RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Question"
Jimmy Kimmel had a funny bit last night where he replaced Ben for the kitchen scene with Hurley. Hurley threw the hot pocket at him and, at the end, Jimmy licked it off of the wall. It was funny!

Bunnies eat nerds.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

01-22-09, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "hot pocket?"
I thought it was a microwave burrito. I didn't see a hotpocket sleeve.

01-23-09, 10:06 AM (EST)
19. "RE: hot pocket?"
Shhhh. You're ruining zombs' banter.

Tribefied

01-23-09, 12:05 PM (EST)
20. "Breezypedia wins"
Try as hard as I might I can't find any supporting evidence that it was a Hot Pocket. There was no sleeve on it in the microwave. Now I just have to get the burrito Breezy-certified.

I think a Hot Pocket would have been funnier.

We need a Hurly throwing burritos for our sig pics!!!

01-23-09, 12:17 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Breezypedia wins"
Now we just need a sucker REALLY nice and talented person to make them for us.

Bunnies eat nerds.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-09, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Breezypedia wins"
*gets in line for flying burrito sigpic*

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-09, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Breezypedia wins"
I like the hot pocket idea better than a burrito.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-09, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "I found video of it"
had to decrease file size so it isn't very clear:

Not sure if it's usable for sig purposes.

01-24-09, 03:30 PM (EST)
25. "Controversy continues..."
LAST EDITED ON 01-24-09 AT 03:30 PM (EST)

Is Hurley launching the undetermined microwave snack from a Hot Pocket sleeve?!!!!! Anyone else hearing the little jingle "hot pockets" everytime we talk about it?

Nice work Moonie!

Almost as creepy as Wizard of Oz dolls!!!

Anyone else hearing the little jingle "hot pockets" everytime we talk about it?

01-22-09, 04:58 PM (EST)
7. "RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Question"
I see that problem also.... Desmond's problem worsen when he lift the island...I also think that Daniel's mother is going to be his constant...

I do have another question though.....Juliet was originally one of the others...and we know that the time shift isaffecting them differently....at least they are not in sync with the losties...so how come Juliet is still with the losties...while Locke was separated from the others...

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

01-22-09, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Question"
LAST EDITED ON 01-22-09 AT 07:53 PM (EST)

"Juliet was originally one of the others"

That's not correct: Juliet was with the Others but not one of them. Richard and his people are different from the people that worked for Ben. I think that, like Richard who doesn't age, the Others aren't affected by time and therefore time shifts.

Locke wasn't with the rest of the group when time shifted. He moved in time just like the group but didn't get to the same location because he wasn't in the same location at the beginning.

Chez 670 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-23-09, 07:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Question"
I've been puzzling about why Juliet moved with the Losties also. If we take the theory it is because she came from off the island, i.e., was not really an "Other", then what about Cindy and the children that the Others took from Flight 815? Where/ when are they?

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-23-09, 07:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Question"
....and if we continue with that idea....Charlotte must not have been born on the Island or she wouldn't have jumped either.

01-23-09, 08:45 AM (EST)
18. "RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Question"
What about the temple? Remember a group went there too. We don't know if Richard had everyone with him when they went to help Ben. They probably left a group behind with children.

The temple could be a help in all this. Maybe we will find out what that is?

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-22-09, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The constant/Desmaond/NOW.....Question"
Hadn't thought that perhaps Desmond was BORN on the Island. Hmmmm.

So is "See you in another life, Brother" really more significant than a pleasantry?

bouncey by Ice

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •