The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Pilot episode clue?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-20-08, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Pilot episode clue?"
Ok so has anyone seent this?(Not a spoiler)

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/2008/05/episode-101-pilot-object-with-jack.html

That is the first shot of the very first episode. Notice the black object next to Jack? Is that Ben's baton? Do you think that very first shot of Jack was him returning to the islan on the day of the crash? Maybe the rest of that episode was one big flashback? If so will the next part of Lost be them trying to "correct" what they originally did? Or was the whole time up to now them trying to correct them and there are really 2 Jacks running around?

This blows my mind if so. Does not explain everything at all but it certainly changes things again.

A PhoenixMons Creation

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Pilot episode clue? CTgirl 05-20-08 1
 RE: Pilot episode clue? michel 05-20-08 2
 RE: Pilot episode clue? batts 05-22-08 3
   This? zombiebaby 05-22-08 4
       RE: This? batts 05-22-08 5
           RE: This? michel 05-22-08 6
 RE: Pilot episode clue? SenecaTurtle 05-28-08 7
 RE: Pilot episode clue? Ahtumbreez 05-28-08 8
   RE: Pilot episode clue? J Slice 05-30-08 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-08, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Pilot episode clue?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-08 AT 09:00 AM (EST)

We've seen several instances of time travel on Lost so yeah, I'd buy it.

In this week's TV Guide (which isn't posted online yet), Lost is the cover story. They have one page devoted to 5 Key episodes to Unlocking the finale, with comments by Lindelof and Cuse on where the clues are:

Pilot: "Where it all began, it sets up the premise of how these people got onto the island. In the finale, we're dealing wiht how the Oceanic 6 got off the island."

White Rabbit (Season 1): That was the birth of the conversation about faith verus reason. As Jack is chasing the ghost of his father, he happens upon Locke. Jack confides that he can't possibly be seeing what he thinks he's seeing and Locke says, "But what if you were?" In the finale, there's an incredibly powerful scene between them that began back in the White Rabbit.

Live Together, Die Alone (Season 2): The Origin of the audience's understanding of the Island's strange properties. The stated goal in the last episode was: we have to move the island. We've seen devices capable of doing strange and wacky things, like crashing the airplane. So maybe it is possible to move it.

Through the Looking Glass (Season 3): The episode that introduced the flash forwards. Rewatch Jack's flash forward again now, knowing everything you've learned this season - it'd be good to have that informatin under your belt when this finale starts. Because this finale might just start where that one ended.

The Shape of Things to Come (Season 4): We find our castaways trying to defend the very island that they're trying to escape. And it gives you a sense that the freighter is bearing a group of very bad guys whose express mission is to kill everyboyd. You'll see where this leads in this year's finale. But the real moral of the story is 'Don't piss off Benjamin Linus.' ()

Interesting stuff! I'll be rewatching the White Rabbit and last year's finale!

There's also a timeline of how things have happened in the flash forward and bits on the Oceanic 6 with minor spoilerish stuff. If they post the articles, I'll post the links.

Setup by Tribe

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-08, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Pilot episode clue?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-08 AT 06:03 PM (EST)

You reminded me of an old Sci-Fi book I had read. Written by Max-André Rayjean it was titled "La Seconde Vie" (Second Life). Don't know if it was ever translated to English but here's a quick personal translation of the story's summary:

It's strange to find the wreck of your own spaceship on a distant planet. It's even more surprising to find the bones of your own body inside a spacesuit. Especially since your crash happened 150 years before! The captain is sure, he died in that crash. Now, 150 years later, he's landed again on that planet. Alive, he'd like to avoid the same catastrophe.

In that story however, there was no time-travel involved.

When you start talking time-travel, anything becomes possible.

Your life doesn't simply occupy a time period but a place in the time-space continuum. If Ben moves the island, he could be moving it in time, not space. A time when the freighter people hadn't found the island yet, or were long dead as will be all the Losties that won't be with Ben when he makes the move.

Richard never ages so maybe the mysterious temple is a place where time = constant. The cabin seems to move in space but what if the path that leads you to it makes you travel in time, not space. You arrive where the cabin will be, not where it is because it isn't there yet.

To stay alive, maybe you need not get off the island but go to wheN Ben will be moving it.

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-22-08, 04:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Pilot episode clue?"
So... if the island shifts in time, the people shifting with/on the island revert to bodies they had months, or years before, depending on how far back in time the island shifted.

That would explain why Locke could walk as soon as he picked himself up from the crash. His body assumed a pre-existing healthy state. Same thing with Rose, and her sudden wellness.

Come to think of it... remember back in season 1 when Sayid and 'Hurley?' were listening to a radio on the beach, and all it picked up was music from the 40's, or 50's?

And Locke's comment... "Walt looked different, Bigger" When Walt left the island he reverted to, what, a little older, and somehow he came back, and made an appearance to John laying in the gravetrench.

I'm with Zombie. It doesn't explain everything, but maybe it could be a beginning? to the understanding to the wackiness of Lost?

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-08, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "This?"
So... if the island shifts in time, the people shifting with/on the island revert to bodies they had months, or years before, depending on how far back in time the island shifted.

Makes soooo much sense!
Maybe that explains the pregnancy problems too?

A PhoenixMons Creation

Batts! I have been reading the archives and I revisited your visions that you saw in the show! LOL

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-22-08, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: This?"
>Makes soooo much sense!
>Maybe that explains the pregnancy problems
>too?

Do I have this right?
If someone gets pregnant before coming to the island, everything is fine.

If a woman gets pregnant on the island, she'll die in before the third trimester? Perhaps, whoever 'time jumps' the island does it every 3 or 4 months, putting the life of the unborn baby in a situation as if it had never existed. Or if the island 'jumps' to a time a couple years in the future, suddenly there is a 4 year old inside the woman who hasn't given birth yet. ??? Does this make sense? hmmmm....

HAAA zombs... those silouhettes I kept seeing in the mountains and bushes. LOL

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-08, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: This?"
Almost but not quite since the same time translations would affect babies conceived off the island. I think it has to be something involving conception not gestation.

SenecaTurtle 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-28-08, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SenecaTurtle Click to send private message to SenecaTurtle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Pilot episode clue?"
CTGirl posted this link in the Dharma Orchid Thread but since it is a timeline someone edited together showing the events as they happened leading up to and just after the crash I thought it might be of use here.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gIAqPCp1lb8

After watching the part where Jack woke up in the middle of the bamboo trees and then went running out onto the beach, I noticed the injury to his right arm looks eerily similar to the one Ben had when he woke up in the desert. They both had the same weird expression, too. Does it mean anything, is it a clue? Who knows, just thought I would mention it.

Can't wait for the finale!!

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-08, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Pilot episode clue?"
And when the Old Smokey was tearing trees up at the start of the series and Rose said something like "I've heard that before, or I know that sound" something like that. Maybe it's because she has actually heard Smokey before.

Agman took me to the islands

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-08, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Pilot episode clue?"
I took Rose's comment to be quite literal.

Darlton has already admitted that the "chittering" noise that Smokey makes is a dot-matrix printer - a meter-printer from a taxi, if you will.

Rose is originally from the Bronx.

Hell, I hear that printer all the time in Philly. And of course, I always have to check over my shoulder and make sure there's no mysterious beasties coming to kill me.

Proudly making Jack look stupid

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •