The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Cloverfield & ? A spoiler request."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-08-08, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Cloverfield & ? A spoiler request."
OK so you may or may not have heard about Lost's producer JJ Abrams new movie Cloverfield that is being released 1/18/08. If not here is the link to the movie site and it's trailer:
http://www.cloverfieldmovie.com/

There are tons of stuff online about it, much speculation on what the monster is and other things. Abrams has marketed this movie using YouTube videos of news reports and home movies. It has been brilliant. To me this movie has the potential to be absolutey fantastic or just another lame Godzilla movie.

There look to be to be lots of similarities to Lost. are they connected? The release date has me curious coming just days before the premiere.

Either way if it does relate to it or not I just have a request. I am dying to see this movie and do not want to be spoilered at all! I f someone wants to point out anything relating the movie to the show please use spoiler tags for it as well!

Thank you in advance. By the way...anyone else excited about this movie too?

A PhoenixMons Creation

Patience friends...soon our beloved show will be back!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Cloverfield trigirl 01-08-08 1
   OMG! zombiebaby 01-08-08 2
       RE: OMG! batts 01-12-08 3
 RE: Cloverfield & ?... Buggy 01-21-08 4
   RE: Cloverfield & ?... zombiebaby 01-21-08 5
       RE: Cloverfield & ?... Buggy 01-22-08 6
 Interesting zombiebaby 01-22-08 7
   RE: Interesting batts 01-23-08 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-08-08, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Cloverfield"
By the way...anyone else excited about this movie too?

I am now. Thanks for the link.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

01-08-08, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "OMG!"
I've been looking at some of the "clues" and this is amazing.

Some links:

http://www.tidowave.com/
http://cloverfield.despoiler.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
http://www.slusho.jp/

Ok most interesting thing I've found? Last link I have there...Slusho. Was in Lost and a clue to ta You Tubew trailer for the movie...and? Was in Heroes!!!!

This would be amazing if they found a way to make all 3 related!

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-12-08, 01:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: OMG!"
Interesting. Thanks for the link. I will be watching!

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-08, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Cloverfield & ? A spoiler request."
Just saw it, Cloverfield ( like just got back)
No spoilers, but I enjoyed it.

Saw nothing that had anything to do with Lost as far as I could tell.
There were some sound effects though, that sounded like, or reminded me of, sounds that had been used in Lost.

I'm sure everyone will hear alot about this movie, good and bad, but it worked for me, totally sucked me in.

01-21-08, 07:19 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Cloverfield & ? A spoiler request."
Saw it too.
I loved it as well.

You are right.
Nothing really Lost related as of yet. Probably more that they kind of exist within the JJ Abrams world.

I just am completely sucked in by this online campaign and still am checking out everything. I am sure there will be sequals.

Also saw a huge Lost promo for the upcoming season before it. Unfortunately I could not hear it very well or see it due to everyone walking in a talking still. I remember now why I hate going to movies.

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

01-22-08, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Cloverfield & ? A spoiler request."
Did you love it too? Good!
I'm still thinking about that movie. The more I think about it, the more I love it. It's staying with me.
I was also reading about it on the net yesterday.
I did see a site that compared Hud to Hurley as the narrator, but I think that is really reaching for a tie-in between the two projects.

I loved that we never knew more than the characters did, about what was going on.
Did you jump at all? I had several, jump in my seat, gasp out loud moments!

If you want to share any of those good links with me, drop me a PM if you have time, I really hesitate to say much here, I don't want to spoil anything for those who may not know what it's about, and I think the less known before seeing it, the better enjoyed it will be.

I keep hoping Estee will do one of her movie reviews on it.

01-22-08, 11:39 AM (EST)
7. "Interesting"
LAST EDITED ON 01-22-08 AT 11:50 AM (EST)

Mild spoiler if you can call it that.

In browsing another message board *gasp!* aboutCloverfield someone there took an image of the movie. I am not going to post it here because I believe that is illegal.

Anyway the image is of the very beginning of the footage. It is where these words appear:

US Department of Defense, then some numbers.
In the bottom right hand corner a Dharma logo appears from the Pearl station.

Furthermore in the online marketing the explosion of a drilling station happens on the same ocean ridge as the Lost online reality game is taking place. But this could just be JJ Abrams screwing with us.

I admit it...I'm obsessed.

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-23-08, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Interesting"
OMGosh Seriously ... It has to be related if it has a Dharma logo in the movie.

We are going to see the movie tomorro evening. I will be looking for that segment.

sssssssssssshhhhhhhhhssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhwuckt....
... the sound of Batts getting sucked into this mystery...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •