The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"4/11 Episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-11-07, 10:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"4/11 Episode"
La la la. Spoiler space. Not sure how much I've got to put in here.

Isn't it funny how TV shows can create different emotions? At the end of this episode, I felt relieved. I've been suspicious of Juliette all along, and I was having a hard time buying all the "She's not so bad" during this episode. It was nice at the end of the episode to discover, "No, you're right. She isn't trust worthy."

Other than that... I really wanted Sayid to call Jack on the "she's under my protection" line. What are you? The Godfather?

The look on Sawyer's face when Kate came around the corner was something, also.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 4/11 Episode J Slice 04-11-07 1
   RE: 4/11 Episode Fishercat 04-12-07 3
 Laughed out loud moonbaby 04-11-07 2
 RE: 4/11 Episode AnaNg3 04-12-07 4
   RE: 4/11 Episode The Cake 04-12-07 5
 RE: 4/11 Episode WilmaF 04-12-07 6
 RE: 4/11 Episode trigirl 04-12-07 7
 RE: 4/11 Episode HobbsofMI 04-12-07 8
   RE: 4/11 Episode mrc 04-12-07 11
       RE: 4/11 Episode HobbsofMI 04-13-07 24
           RE: 4/11 Episode udg 04-13-07 25
 RE: 4/11 Episode pinksparkleguitar 04-12-07 9
   RE: 4/11 Episode udg 04-12-07 19
   RE: 4/11 Episode Scarlett O Hara 04-14-07 28
 RE: 4/11 Episode michel 04-12-07 10
   RE: 4/11 Episode CTgirl 04-12-07 12
 More questions esquire 04-12-07 13
   Another question CTgirl 04-12-07 14
       Possible answers michel 04-12-07 17
           RE: Possible answers esquire 04-12-07 20
               RE: Possible answers michel 04-13-07 22
                   RE: Possible answers TenPin 04-13-07 23
 RE: 4/11 Episode Ice 9 04-12-07 15
   I noticed that too! moonbaby 04-12-07 16
       RE: I noticed that too! michel 04-12-07 18
           Conception trigirl 04-13-07 21
   RE: 4/11 Episode Scarlett O Hara 04-14-07 29
 RE: 4/11 Episode J Slice 04-13-07 26
   RE: 4/11 Episode geg6 04-16-07 32
       RE: 4/11 Episode J Slice 04-17-07 33
 RE: 4/11 Episode michel 04-14-07 27
   RE: 4/11 Episode Alysa 04-16-07 31
 RE: 4/11 Episode Scarlett O Hara 04-14-07 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-11-07, 10:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 4/11 Episode"
So she's evil.

I still like her.

Jack's still a tool.

I hate the us v. them thing going on here. I almost don't feel sorry for the Craphole Island survivors anymore.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-12-07, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 4/11 Episode"
Word.

Word. (Sort of, I think Juliet's a great character even if I don't like her that much in a fanboy sense)

Word.

I hate Jack's character now.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-07, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Laughed out loud"
at the "under my protection" comment.
Jack, please. *snicker*

AnaNg3 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-12-07, 01:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AnaNg3 Click to send private message to AnaNg3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 4/11 Episode"
That was the best episode in a while. I really like Juliet. She's so mysterious. I always like the characters on Lost that are. I still don't see what is exactly going on and how much is a lie. Like was Claire and her baby in real danger or where they just using her to screw with the survivors? But we all know that the sh*t is going to hit the fan when Ben and the Others come back in a week. I'm excited! Lost is going to be so good next season when it's doing it 24 style

The Cake 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-12-07, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail The%20Cake Click to send private message to The%20Cake Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 4/11 Episode"
I really liked the episode, although I am a bit disapointed that Sayid didn't get to question Juliet more. The only interaction between those two was already seen from the previews. I still am suspicious on how Juliet got to the island. Are we sure that she arrived in that sub? It was already docked when she woke up so that could have been staged by the others to look like she arrived by sub but for all we know they could have gotten to the island by train or something else equally weird. Also, come on, would anyone really willingly take a tranquilizer to be led to a secret island? You have to be kidding me.

WilmaF 14 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-07, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail WilmaF Click to send private message to WilmaF Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 4/11 Episode"
I thought it was a really good episode. I hope they let Sayid at Juliette. I like Sawyer, I liked it when he seen everyone coming back. I can't wait for next week !

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-12-07, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 4/11 Episode"
Loved the episode! Man, I can't figure out Juliet and that is why I love it.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-07, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 4/11 Episode"
Yes...we know all about Juliette and Ben's plan....but when Ben brought her to the communication hut and they showed TV clips of the plane being missing and them already knowing what plane it was and who was on it......the plane just came down.....hello.....it was in no man's land so no one would have known and they were out of radio contract. CNN and others would not have the story just yet.

It does set up the Lostie vs. Others in a week.....all out battle for the island....that does look good and I don't think Sayid and Sawyer would have stopped from just what Juliette said to them.

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-07, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 4/11 Episode"
Mikhail was monitoring the news channels, which was how they knew the flight number. Ben told Mikhail to compile a list of the people on the flight so that they could compile dossiers.

What is Phil's golf equipment?

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-07, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: 4/11 Episode"
Yes...but why would the news channels have the plane missing just then?

Plus Mikhail said he had info on some people already....

Now the plane was missing for what....4 hours.....not a major news story due to planes being out of contact while over the Pacific. So the Others having the Plane number and some info on the passengers is out of wack.

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

04-13-07, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: 4/11 Episode"
I thought the Mikhail's cabin was quite a bit more than 4 hours away from the Other's village. Also, how long was the plane out of contact before it went down?

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-12-07, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 4/11 Episode"
I love Juliette. I love that even though she's pretty sheisty, I still sympathize with her and want her to get off the island. I love when she confronted Sawyer and Sayid about being the moral police. She had a total 'I'm a badass moment'.

I laughed when Jack said the line about 'She's under my protection'. Evidentally the island has a mafia and Jack's in charge.(I also laughed at Sawyer's 'Three men and a baby' line.)

I am confused as to how the Others can cure Juliett's sister's cancer, but that they can't cure Ben's? They have to operate on him? Ben seemed a little shocked as well. Maybe it was so they could get to Jack, they had to have someone for him to operate on when they kidnapped him.

Other confusion: If Claire was being injected in order to keep her body from turning on her baby, why does she need more serum now, after the babay has been born and out of her body for 60+ days? And if it was just some ploy to cover up what they slipped Claire to make her sick to make Juliette a hero...why aren't the losties smart enough to figure out how non-plausible that is?

I'm excited to see what happens in a week when the others come back.

Flower arrangement by Sharnina!

04-12-07, 10:06 PM (EST)
19. "RE: 4/11 Episode"
I was thinking maybe the lie was that Juliette's sister's cancer didn't come back at all. She's still alive, because there wasn't anything *to* cure.

The Claire being sick thing had a couple of weird things. Juliette said Claire was the "control", in which case, she wasn't receiving *any* drugs. The control group gets a placebo, and Jack should know that even if no one else does.

Scarlett O Hara 3259 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-07, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: 4/11 Episode"
Or, is Juliette trying to make Claire pregnant. Remember, we also saw her give her sister a shot like that.

... And another thing. Isn't Sun preggers too? I guess the "Others" don't know about that one.

I want to know how they knew about the man Sawyer killed? How could they have known that?

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-07, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: 4/11 Episode"
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-07 AT 04:08 PM (EST)

That was one of the best episodes. We knew to Others were kidnapping kids since they couldn't have any themselves but we didn't know all the mothers were dying. Here's what I make of it:

It is really shaping up like the Others were guinea pigs for Dharma researchers. That research probably dealt with boosting the human immune system. Afterall, Dharma would have been in control of the island when the AIDS epidemic broke out. Somehow Dharma found a way to boost the immune system but it became so strong that even babies became foreign bodies. The conflicting immune systems killed both mother and child.

The Others revolted against Dharma. Did Ethan and Goodwin defect from Dharma to join the Others or were they Others that received medical training from Dharma? Either way, they needed a fertility researcher and brought Juliette to the Island.

Juliette's serum cured Claire but they don't know exactly how it worked since it didn't work on others. The implant could be to monitor Claire's vital signs to see what is causing the difference. Juliette's only motivation is to get off the island and Ben isn't letting her go until her work is done. This latest ploy is to let Juliette complete her work by figuring out why Claire has survived.

On a parallel story, the island's magic has ceased to work on Ben and he has developed a cancer. That is why Locke is so important to Ben since the magic still works for him.

PS: I don't know if it was seeing Jack going to collect firewood but I had a Survivor flash...No, I didn't see Jack as Butch!! Rather, I saw Guatemala: Juliette is Danni who has gained Jack's/Rafe's trust and has infiltrated the Losties' alliance. That means Kate plays the role of Stephenie who sees her ally falling for the enemy. For the Others, the axis of evil is represented by Sayid and Sawyer but which is Judd? I guess Juliette would say Sayid is Judd while Jack would say it's Sawyer! With Claire being Cindy, who is playing the role of Lydia: Hurley or Charlie?!

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-07, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: 4/11 Episode"
Without a doubt, Charlie is Lydia! Charlie and Lydia are both not too bright but well-meaning. Hurley is too complex to be Lydia. Charlie could be voted off at any moment and no one would care (like with Lydia). Hurley's another story!!!

I really liked the last ten minutes of the show. I think Juliet’s character is interesting but her flashbacks are kind of blah for me, but necessary for the story. It was intriguing to see her “evil” side but remember she is out for herself. She wants to get off the island and she’ll align with anyone who will help her get there (so I don’t think she’s really that evil.) Jack on the other hand wants to leave the island, but I think he feels some responsibility to the Losties. Locke is the polar opposite to Juliet: she’ll do anything to get off; he’ll do anything to stay!

I loved the ending where we saw everything that happened at the Other’s compound before Flight 815 crashed. The way they are starting to intersect the stories is great. Some of the pieces are starting to fall together. (But I bet we won't learn anything about Dharma until next season. The finale will be our Losties versus the Others and how Locke fits in).

In fitting with the Ben-cancer story, I wonder if we'll ever see Rose again and see how she is doing.

esquire 1089 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-07, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "More questions"
Ben was born on the island. Woman who get pregnant, die on the island. So:

1) What happened when Ben was born?
2) Did his mom die?
3) Is this problem with pregnant women a problem that has developed since Ben's birth

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-07, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Another question"
Was Alex born on the island or did Danielle come to the island when Alex was very young? I can't remember Danielle's time line.

04-12-07, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Possible answers"
-Ben would have been born well before the sickness started.

-Alex was born on the island but 16 years ago, the sickness may not have spread to the whole island. Or Danielle's pregnancy was far enough along not to matter.

esquire 1089 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-07, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Possible answers"
>-Ben would have been born well
>before the sickness started.
>

How do we know when the sickness started?

04-13-07, 10:29 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Possible answers"
We don't know: My assumption is that Dharma caused the sickness with their experiments. Since Dharma was started in the 1970s, then the sickness would have started in the 1980s or 90s. Ben is in his 40s so that's why I presented it as a possible answer.

TenPin 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-13-07, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TenPin Click to send private message to TenPin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Possible answers"
Juliet’s assertion that “the people that she has just spent the last three years of her life with…” can also help to establish a time line. We don’t know how early the sickness started, but it does seem relatively recent, ten, fifteen or even twenty years, but not a problem from the beginning.

There is so much more to be explained about this population on the island. We have seen Ethan off the island, and Juliet was intentionally brought here, so if the Others are the left over Dharma test subject why don’t they leave the island or bring in more people that could help them?

Just think of the class action lawsuit they could work up against anyone associated with Dharma etc.

TenPin

Ice 9 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-12-07, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ice%209 Click to send private message to Ice%209 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: 4/11 Episode"
Excellent, excellent episode. Juliet is such a great character--love her or hate her. I thought the back story was great. It really showed how she's gone from naive researcher to calculating survivor.

I don't believe that anything was wrong with Claire's pregnancy. I think Juliet was lying through her teeth regarding that. I think that the key is conception on the island. I think the Others were trying to do research on Claire and Aaron to put together some kind of treatment to help island-conceived babies and their mothers to survive. This is why Ethan resorted to abducting Claire when he was discovered. He probably felt it was his only option to keep the research going.

This key will come to a head with Sun. If Sun's baby-daddy is Jae Lee, she'll be fine (at least biologically ). If it's Jin, there will be problems.

I have a problem, though, with something DL and CC said. They said that we could believe everything Mikhail said except for his claim to be part of Dharma. Well, Mikhail said the satellite dish hadn't worked for years. Clearly this wasn't true. It was working as recently as 3 months ago in island time and probably was working up until the Purple Sky Event. So, is that to be considered part of his Dharma claim, or did we catch DL and CC in an inconsistency?

The biggest question last night's episode posed for me was...Why did Ben want Juliet to infiltrate the Lostie camp? Is it because of Sun? Is it to observe Aaron and Claire? And what's the exit strategy? Also, it seems that it's the medical staff Ben sends out on these missions...Ethan, Goodwin, and now Juliet. Curious.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-07, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "I noticed that too!"
Also, it seems that it's the medical staff Ben sends out on these missions...Ethan, Goodwin, and now Juliet. Curious.

Really odd IMHO, this willingness to take chances with and possibly sacrifice the lives of medical people on an isolated island. Makes little sense to me.

04-12-07, 07:14 PM (EST)
18. "RE: I noticed that too!"
They are desperate. Even if Claire wasn't sick, they'd still want to monitor her to see what makes the difference.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-13-07, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Conception"
I think that the key is conception on the island.

I agree. Both Claire and Rousseau were pregnant before arriving on the island. It is Sun that I am worried about. I wonder if that is who Juliet's real target is. Not Claire.

Spoiler.....
Title of April 25th episode is 'D.O.C' which stands for 'Date of Conception'. It is a Sun and Jin episode.

04-14-07, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: 4/11 Episode"
Well, we'll know what Juliette's mission is in a week. Didn't Ben tell her "See you in a week."?

My question is "Why aren't they getting preggers the old fashioned way?" Why do they need Juliette's needles?

One nation, under Romber...

04-13-07, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: 4/11 Episode"
I might as well admit it here...

I thought Benry looked pretty good in the episode.

Bug-eyed? maybe. But still creepily attractive.

This is almost like my crush on Arvin Sloane. I need to get help.

Proudly making Jack look stupid

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-07, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: 4/11 Episode"
You know, Slicey? I was with you on Locke. I'm with you on Bourdain, Connery, and Rickman.

But you've gone around the bend on this one. LOL!

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein

04-17-07, 11:41 AM (EST)
33. "RE: 4/11 Episode"
Not even a little bit, with the glasses?

::shrug::

maybe it's 'cause he's soft-spoken and evil/not evil.

Proudly making Jack look stupid

04-14-07, 03:59 PM (EST)
27. "RE: 4/11 Episode"
One thing I didn't see mentioned anywhere but we learned that the Oceanic flight 815 wasn't programmed to fall on the island, at least not by the Others. I had seen suggestions that the people on board had been somehow recruited and the crash was arranged. If Ben had to ask Mikhail for information on the plane and to start files on the passengers, then the Others weren't expecting the Losties.

Alysa 21 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-07, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Alysa Click to send private message to Alysa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: 4/11 Episode"
the last episode was intense!!

now kate sees that she belongs with Sawyer in spite of everything cause Jack just freakin rejected her. i havent been a big fan of Jack, but now i totally dont care about him anymore.

he's so naive, believing in juliette and everything.

i was a little bit shocked by the end, but im happy with it. waiting to see whats gonna happen next!

LOST ROX.

04-14-07, 09:10 PM (EST)
30. "RE: 4/11 Episode"
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-07 AT 09:21 PM (EST)

I want to know what happened to Danielle. She was out in the woods when the Others gassed Jack & Kate. I wonder if she saw Juliette using the gas mask? Where is she now? Did she see how the Others left the island?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •