The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"4/05 episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-05-07, 01:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"4/05 episode"
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-07 AT 12:38 PM (EST)

While I watched Lost tonight, I had two warm purring kitties on me, a package of fat-free fig newtons, and my DH next to me. It was indeed a great night. But I digress!

Sawyer is a Cassidy's baby daddy! Fantastic. It's episodes like this that always make me wish this stuff would come up in conversations.

Sawyer: I once stole a woman's life savings and then left her.
Kate: A woman just like that helped me talk to my mother after I offed her husband!!
Sawyer: No way!
Kate: And she was gonna have a baby!
Sawyer: Wow, that makes me feel remorse for everything I ever did...like that time I offed that doctor guy...
Jack: (walks up, overhaers Sawyer)Wait! What did you just say?
Claire: (interrupting) Jack, did you know I have the same really rare bloodtype as you?

Anyway, I really enjoyed the Juliette/Kate interaction. It was fun to watch them play off those dynamics. And we saw the smoke.monster thing again, which was factastic. And evidentally afraid of electric fences. I don't trust Juliette at all, even though I really want to. I feel bad for her and how she ended up on the island, but I still think she's shiesty.

So It looks like everyone gets reunited next week, but I have one question: Why not go live in the abandoned houses?

Oh yeah, and where did the Others go? (Not very far, I think)

Tribe rocked me!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 4/05 episode TenPin 04-05-07 1
   RE: 4/05 episode pinksparkleguitar 04-05-07 8
 RE: 4/05 episode zombiebaby 04-05-07 2
   RE: 4/05 episode The Cake 04-05-07 3
   RE: 4/05 episode PackMan 04-05-07 4
       RE: 4/05 episode pinksparkleguitar 04-05-07 10
           RE: 4/05 episode michel 04-05-07 18
               RE: 4/05 episode udg 04-05-07 19
 RE: 4/05 episode Ice 9 04-05-07 5
   RE: 4/05 episode cheezit 04-05-07 6
       RE: 4/05 episode Ice 9 04-05-07 7
       RE: 4/05 episode MrBigDog1974 04-05-07 16
 Another idea for the monster Chez 04-05-07 9
 RE: 4/05 episode Ice 9 04-05-07 11
   RE: 4/05 episode cheezit 04-05-07 12
       RE: 4/05 episode Ice 9 04-05-07 15
 RE: 4/05 episode cycles2k 04-05-07 13
   RE: 4/05 episode zombiebaby 04-05-07 14
       RE: 4/05 episode CTgirl 04-05-07 17
           RE: 4/05 episode cycles2k 04-05-07 20
               RE: 4/05 episode zombiebaby 04-06-07 21
                   RE: 4/05 episode CTgirl 04-06-07 22
 RE: 4/05 episode J Slice 04-09-07 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

TenPin 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-05-07, 04:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TenPin Click to send private message to TenPin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 4/05 episode"
Didn't we already know Sawyer was a Daddy in an earlier episode? I kinda remember him getting a picture of a little girl or something like that.

But yeah, I do wish that these people would have those types of conversations once and a while. You would think that they would sit around a talk with nothing better to do.

And really, what is up with the smoke monster and the "fence"? Kate, Locke and Sayid made their way over the fence with out incident, but apparently a cloud can't seem to just float over the top. Come one…my DW had to tell me to stop laughing so much during that part.

I use to lvoe this show, but the plot holes and inconsistencies are really starting to bug me.

TenPin
p.s. Anybody interested in hooking me up with a cool bowling themed sig pic?
thata be nice

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-05-07, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 4/05 episode"
You're right, we already knew Sawyer had a kid. I totally fogot, I'm an idiot!

Flower arrangement by Sharnina!

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-05-07, 08:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 4/05 episode"
Yeah we knew Sawyer has a daughter named Clementine. He turned evidence in prison and sent the reward money to her.

Again I really liked this episode. I feel like the beach people though are being set up by Juliet, Ben and maybe even Jack is in on it.

What was up with Locke? That was really weird. I almost bought into the twin theory again. Almost.

A PhoenixMons Creation

The Cake 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-05-07, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail The%20Cake Click to send private message to The%20Cake Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 4/05 episode"
I thought it was a very good episode, so next week all the losties will be back together on the beach & hopefully Sayid will get some answers out of Juliet! Always enjoy episodes when he is in them.

What happened with Locke & his father? Why did he have that bandage on his hand? He didn't have that after he blew up the sub, so where did he get it? A fight with his father perphaps?
Also, the song that was that was playing in Kate's car was Walking after Midnight by Patsy Cline. Wasn't that song played in a previous episode? It is reminding me of Sawyer & Jack's dad for some odd reason.

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-07, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PackMan Click to send private message to PackMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 4/05 episode"
Again I really liked this episode. I feel like the beach people though are being set up by Juliet, Ben and maybe even Jack is in on it.

So how long was Jack passed out on the floor? Kate and Juliet wake up in the jungle, run from the smoke monster, navigate the electric fence, and come back to The Others' compound to find Jack STILL passed out. Either the writers are getting sloppy or something's up with Jack.

I personally choose to believe the writers are scrambling a bit under the pressure of ratings, and they're leaving holes in their story as a result... my opinion only with nothing to base it on, but there you have it.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

04-05-07, 12:40 PM (EST)
10. "RE: 4/05 episode"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-07 AT 00:55 AM (EST)

I thought it was weird that Jack and Sayid were still passed out as well. It was almost a whole day since Kate and Juliette woke up...and Jack is still passed out?

Flower arrangement by Sharnina!

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-07, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: 4/05 episode"
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-07 AT 05:50 PM (EST)

I didn't find it that odd. Kate and Juliette were taken outside to breathe fresh air. Jack stayed in the house with gaz fumes.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-05-07, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: 4/05 episode"
Yeah, but Jack was inside a house with broken windows during a pretty severe thunderstorm, which should have done a decent job of cycling the air. That's without even considering that the average house cycles 100% of the air inside at least once every few hours.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Ice 9 288 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-07, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ice%209 Click to send private message to Ice%209 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 4/05 episode"
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-07 AT 10:36 AM (EST)

Another very good episode. This one dealt well with combining the mythology with character development, I thought. I felt like we learned more about Kate's psyche last night than in the prior 6 flashback episodes combined. This back story, although it provided no factual background information that we didn't already know, was the only one we really needed. OK, that and "What Kate Did", the rest at this point seem like filler.

The dialogue between Kate and Juliet was excellent, as well. I can't get a good read on Juliet, and I love that. Was she genuinely left behind? Is she part of some elaborate plan of Ben's? Does she have her own agenda? I now believe that Ben did, in fact, get himself captured on purpose to get closer to Locke. Now that Locke is in the Others's fold, what would Ben want with the rest of the Losties?

If this is all another Others/Ben/Juliet con, I don't believe Jack is in on it. They HAD to leave Jack. Juliet needs him to vouch for her. And I can't believe that Jack would sabotage the Losties like that, consciously. I do think all of that plays in nicely with the "you don't know Jack" discussion between Kate and Juliet, though.

As for Smokey, I'm now thinking that the sonic fence was built, primarily, to keep him out by Dharma. When the Others left the Barracks, they must have turned off the fence. And who was he after, Kate or Juliet? My vote is Juliet, although I suppose it could be both.

Damn, this is getting good.

ETA: As for Locke, I think something must have happened as a result of the Others "giving" him his dad. Some bargain may have been reached, or maybe Locke thinks they're on his side now. In any event, I think he's off with them to go "find out" about the island.

cheezit 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-05-07, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cheezit Click to send private message to cheezit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 4/05 episode"
TenPin, I'm with you. Why can't the monster go OVER the fence like the everyone else. That was a bit stupid if you ask me.

Oh, and what's with Sawyer's Babies Momma saying "Buy me a drink" if she's knocked up? Can't remember if she actually drank anything or if there was a drink in front of her but just seemed odd.

And, yeah why was Jack Still passed out? Guess they gave him extra doses.

Alright, epi but some things were just a bit ridiculous.

04-05-07, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ice%209 Click to send private message to Ice%209 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 4/05 episode"
Why can't the monster go over the fence? I don't know, why don't flies fly out an obviously open door and instead bang against a closed window? You're putting human logic and observation on something that isn't human.

As for Cassidy (Sawyer's baby-mama), maybe she didn't find out about being pregnant until after the bar scene, after all this episode took place pretty much right after she left Sawyer. If not, she certainly wouldn't be the first woman to consume alcohol during her pregnancy.

The Jack/Sayid still passed out thing is explainable if it's all part of Ben/Juliet's plan. They would have plotted out how long it would take to get back to the Barracks and dosed them accordingly.

MrBigDog1974 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-05-07, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MrBigDog1974 Click to send private message to MrBigDog1974 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: 4/05 episode"
Jack was in a closed room, as opposed to Kate being outdoors.

I also think there were two canisters in there with Jack.

I thought it was a great episode....plus it looks like there will be some answers next week.

Chez 670 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-05-07, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Another idea for the monster"
The producers have repeatedly said the monster is not a cloud of nanobots. OK, here is another idea. I thought about this after seeing it seems to be afraid of the electric fence.

Could it be a cloud of magnetic particles, for example iron filings? Does anyone remember the old Wooly Willy game where there was a cartoon picture of a bald guy encased in a plastic case with a bunch of iron filings in the case? You used a tiny magnet held under the picture to move the iron filings around to wherever you wanted to make hair, mustache, eyebrows etc on Willy.

A cloud of magnetic particles might (supernaturally, or induced by a force field of some type) take on different appearances, such as we have seen with the monster.

Since it is metallic, it would have to avoid the electric fence, or it would be "short-circuited" (i.e., maybe destroyed).

04-05-07, 01:18 PM (EST)
11. "RE: 4/05 episode"
Additional thoughts...

1) Hurley cons Sawyer - I can't believe I forgot to mention this sideplot. That was great stuff. The writing for this was excellent. Sawyer as reluctant leader was well played. However, Hurley as the man-behind-the-man is an interesting development. I've seen posted elsewhere that Hurley is like the Karl Rove of the beach. I don't think it's the Losties who are looking to Sawyer so much as Hurley needs someone he can go to with his ideas. I also loved that last minute look between Sawyer and Sun. Just when Sawyer thinks all is forgiven...

2) Juliet as badass - OK, so she WAS a meek lab rat, and now she's Chuck Norris with a shoulder that's been separated 4 times? Hmmm, I wonder if all the Others go through some kind of special ops training or something. I'm very much looking forward to next week to get more info on Juliet's story. I think she's an incredible character. (BTW, next week's preview shows the sub and I've seen people saying this proves Locke didn't blow it up. While I do believe that's the case, the scene in the preview is obviously Juliet's arrival on the island and part of her flashback story.)

cheezit 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-05-07, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cheezit Click to send private message to cheezit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: 4/05 episode"
Okay, so maybe we are trying to apply human logic to something we shouldn't. But the whole monster/fence scene reminded me of the invisible fence we use to keep our dogs in our yard. To me just seems like this monster thing is smarter than that.

And good point about the pregnancy, I didn't even think about her finding out after the bar scene.

04-05-07, 03:17 PM (EST)
15. "RE: 4/05 episode"
It may not be a question of "smarts". It may be a question of limitations. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that Smokey is tied, literally, to the island. It may not be able to break contact (for lack of a better term) with the ground. If that's the case, then it wouldn't be able to completely go over the fence. I'm not suggesting that this is definitely the case, just that there are potential limitations we haven't considered.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-07, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: 4/05 episode"
There were holes in this episode large enough for a giant smoke monster to sail through, but at least the episode seemed more relevant to the plot line than last week's fiasco.

What interests me is how individuals can be so untrustworthy and unlikable (and very complex). Jack seemed willing to abandon his peeps and leave the island with Juliette. Locke has become self serving. Sayid is willing to torture and kill at the drop of a dime (but at least he is loyal). It is pretty fascinating stuff because it is much more sophisticated than the good-guy/bad-guy stuff we often see on TV.

I too wondered why they didn't immediately decide to take over the Others' village. Sure beats sleeping under plane wreckage.

04-05-07, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: 4/05 episode"
What interests me is how individuals can be so untrustworthy and unlikable (and very complex). Jack seemed willing to abandon his peeps and leave the island with Juliette. Locke has become self serving. Sayid is willing to torture and kill at the drop of a dime (but at least he is loyal). It is pretty fascinating stuff because it is much more sophisticated than the good-guy/bad-guy stuff we often see on TV.

I agree about the complexity of the characters. I think that is also why I can't really get behind the Sawyer character. Sure I like him but he seems more like the character for everyone else to react off of.

His growth story is pretty simple and standard bad, gruff guy who really just wants to be loved. While the other castaways seem to have more layers.

While I don't really "like" Jack, he is more complex as is Sayeed, Locke(or is he?), Kate, Juliet, Sun and Jin. You just don't know where they really are at. Even Hurley seems to have soemthing up his sleeve.

Of course this could change at any moment!

A PhoenixMons Creation

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-07, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: 4/05 episode"
I agree about the complexity of the characters. I think that is also why I can't really get behind the Sawyer character. Sure I like him but he seems more like the character for everyone else to react off of. His growth story is pretty simple and standard bad, gruff guy who really just wants to be loved. While the other castaways seem to have more layers.

Sawyer may not have as many layers, but I like his character because he is the bad guy who wants to be loved. We saw his parents get killed and I understand why he is what he is. Kate robbed a bank and blew up her stepfather; Jack performed a miracle on the operating table. I can't connect with these two character's backstories. They are too all over the place for me. Sawyer has vulnerability underneath his tough shell. He is flawed, but you understand his motivations and he’s a very believable character on Lost. My favorite part of the show was Hurley telling Sawyer he had to make amends. (Hurley has been one of my favs since the beginning.) And Sawyer telling Claire, “He’s not as wrinkled as he was few weeks ago.” (hee hee.) He may not be as complex, but I care about his character.

The characters I find complex and interesting are Juliet, Hurley, Locke and Sun. Juliet, especially, is she good or bad or both? She's as capable of playing mind games as Ben is!

I thought Locke’s comments were odd at first, but as I think about it, Locke might have made a deal, but I expect he has a plan too. The season one Locke we’ve seen recently isn’t afraid to walk into the mouth of the tiger. He has entered into a battle of wits with Ben and the Others and you know the Losties and the Others have to come head to head soon.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-07, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: 4/05 episode"
I too find myself disliking Jack and liking Sawyer. Sawyer is definitely the simpler character but he provides comedic relief. He also seems to be overcoming a painful and troubled past to rise to the challenges.

Jack has had many advantages in life and was a successful surgeon when he arrived on the island. Unlike Sawyer, he seems to be faltering under pressure. He is so mad at Kate that he is acting with total disregard for the other Losties.

I am wondering what is happening to Locke too. Has he been brainwashed or does he have a plan? Ben seems to have the ability to manipulate Locke easily enough but two episodes ago Locke stood up to Ben very effectively. It is becoming one of the more interesting threads and I am looking forward to it developing.

Kate bored me until this episode. Her reaction to her mother's rejection made me feel so sympathetic towards her that I see her as one of the more compelling characters now. The "abandonment" by her own mother definitely explains her eratic behavior.

04-06-07, 08:11 AM (EST)
21. "RE: 4/05 episode"
What I was trying to say was not really liking Sawyer over Jack but just that the show in general has unusual main characters in that none are true protagonists and antagonists. They have shades of grey and at any time could swing another way.

Most shows have their hero/heroine who are squeaky clean and you know their intentions.

One more of J
Slice's Awesome Creations!

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-07, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: 4/05 episode"
I agree totally with that. That's what makes Lost so interesting (and probably why we get some uneven scripts, it's hard to write so many characters that live in that grey area).

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-07, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: 4/05 episode"
I find myself liking Juliet more and more, and Jack, less and less (though I never much cared for him; I am a Locke fangirl, after all). Juliet is possibly the most mysterious person on Craphole Island. I belive more than anything that she is a kind person who is guarded and angry for some reason.

I wonder what's going on with Locke and his Pops. I expect the payoff will be soon.

Just don't tell me what I can't do.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •