The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"3/21 Episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-22-07, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"3/21 Episode"
I guess I'll get us started this week! This was another good episode. I like the week-to-week continuity. The big question –
So who else thinks Locke’s dad killed Sawyer’s parents? As soon as Anthony Cooper said, “I’m a con man, not a murderer” I thought of Sawyer.

Even though I always suspected the Locke’s dad helped cause his injury and I saw that push out the window coming, it was still a shock. Cooper is an evil, evil person and now he’s on the island! I always thought Locke wanted to stay on the island because he was cured. I never considered that he was running away from his dad, but you just knew that Anthony Cooper was going to be behind that door. Locke’s “communion” with the island is going to cause future showdowns between The Others and him.

I liked Ben’s character again. Ben as a sadistic leader got old fast. But we you lock him in the hatch or confine him crippled to his home and he can only manipulate through mind games, he’s pretty interesting (and creepy).

Sayid placed the seeds for Alex to rebel even more against The Others when she finds out they lied about her mother. And Danielle finally got to see her daughter. How many weeks are the going to tease us before they finally meet?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 3/21 Episode 1derfool 03-22-07 1
   Whoa! Canada Girl 03-22-07 7
 RE: 3/21 Episode J Slice 03-22-07 2
 RE: 3/21 Episode HobbsofMI 03-22-07 3
   RE: 3/21 Episode The Cake 03-22-07 4
       RE: 3/21 Episode Scarlett O Hara 03-22-07 6
 6 Degrees of Lost Scarlett O Hara 03-22-07 5
 RE: 3/21 Episode pinksparkleguitar 03-22-07 8
 RE: 3/21 Episode warp_core breach 03-22-07 9
 Remember the Black Rock Chez 03-23-07 10
 RE: 3/21 Episode michel 03-24-07 11
 RE: 3/21 Episode trigirl 03-26-07 12
 RE: 3/21 Episode Ice 9 03-26-07 13
   RE: 3/21 Episode zombiebaby 03-26-07 14
       RE: 3/21 Episode Ice 9 03-27-07 16
   RE: 3/21 Episode Chez 03-27-07 15
 Possible Spoiler trigirl 04-19-07 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

1derfool 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-22-07, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 1derfool Click to send private message to 1derfool Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 3/21 Episode"
I liked it since Locke is my fav character.

Back in season 1 when we saw Hurley talking to his accountant or whoever managed his money, he looked out the window and saw a man falling. I wonder if it's possible that man was Locke?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-22-07, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Whoa!"
Nice possible catch. I seem to remember there being another building in the background of Hurley's shot though, as if he was in a downtown office block. But I could be wrong. Someone check!!!

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-07, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 3/21 Episode"
Anyone else catch the guy at the hospital saying "Don't tell me what you can't do" ?

Great, great episode tonight, though I wonder about the "magical box." Was Cooper there before or after Locke? because the "before" scenario would be a million times more interesting. The Mittelos laboratories guy was there too, the one who unlocked John from the pipes.

I'm only mad at Locke for one thing - NOW JACK IS NEVER GONNA LEAVE THE DAMN ISLAND!

ARGH!

Just don't tell me what I can't do.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-07, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 3/21 Episode"
I like Locke....but he knew Ben wanted him to blow up the Sub and did it anyway.....Ever since the hatch blow up Locke has been really weird. Plus I miss Eko when I see Locke.

Kate was so pissed and it was a nice touch that Jack whispered that he would come back for her.....oh well....no going anywhere now.

Now I'm wondering if it was Locke falling in Season 1.

Seems like they are back on track but I really wish they would move it back to 9 pm.

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

The Cake 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-22-07, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail The%20Cake Click to send private message to The%20Cake Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 3/21 Episode"
Greetings all. First time post. I wanted to include this site as I have always thought it was a good read.

http://hometown.aol.com/qcotms/myhomepage/index.html

Scarlett O Hara 3259 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-07, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 3/21 Episode"
Here's the transcript ...

My Serious, Logical Thoughts on The Man from Tallahassee
Welcome to the LOST report coming to you live from LAS VEGAS, NV.

TITLE
The Man from Tallahassee refers to a reference made to the father of Locke. It is unclear if this is just a code or he really is from Tallahassee.

JACK AND THE OTHERS
So we learn that Jack has not actually joined the others but instead has made a deal with them, but thanks to Locke, Jack and Juliet cannot leave the island. Notice that Juliet is ok after having been put on trial.

DO NOT LOCKE ME OUT
We finally learn the cause of Locke being in a wheelchair, and this episode did not disappoint. Notice the tease at the beginning when Locke is sitting down asking for benefits. Chalk up another reason for Locke to hate his father who pushed him out of an 8 story window. We are led to believe that the man from Tallahassee did have something to do with the death of Peter because he had no qualms about killing his own son. Nice guy we got here. The coincidence of him now turning up on the island just defies explanation. It is about as likely as a chicken joint being hit by a meteor. Oh wait yeah. What will Locke do now? I think next weeks episode should start like this:

LOCKE: Ben, may I borrow a gun please? Thank you.

Then the episode could be over in less than one minute. Notice that the father of Locke is bleeding with fresh wounds. He probably objected to being tied up. The man who unlocked the door, Alpert, is the same man who helped recruit Juliet with Ethan. He also was on the TV show Suddenly Susan. This episode also puts to death other ideas about the paralyzation of Locke such as it was all in his mind. Nice idea but did not pan out.

BOX
The magical box spoken of by Ben cannot help but remind me of the box of Pandorra. Anybody else think that? His description of the box is remarkable and explains a great deal. Kate saw a horse, Hugo saw Dave, Jack saw his father and so forth. Not to mention the things people have heard in those whispering voices. I am also reminded of Walt seeing the polar bears in the comic book. This box has nothing to do with the magnetic anomaly since it is now destroyed, and what does this have to do with the monster? What does Ben mean when he says that the man from Tallahassee came out of the box? Did they wish for him? Could this box explain how a small plane from Africa ended up in the south pacific? Not to mention that it was carrying people known to Eko. Another improbable coincidence. I am reminded of the hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy which had an improbability drive. When you use it, the most unlikely thing that could happen, happens.
The box may also have some kind of psychic link to the user and be able to read thoughts. We saw many things from the past of Eko in the monster cloud. The monster was reading his thoughts and displaying them. Since we have seen this and we have the description of Ben of the box, I make the connection that the box links to the thoughts of the person to produce what they want. Why do they not wish for another submarine as Locke asks? Because Jack and Juliet would escape. And who is most suited to work the box than a man who worked at a box company! The monster cloud may also determine if someone is good or bad. Or as the others put it: on the list or off the list.

IS COOPER THE REAL SAWYER?
James carries a piece of paper around with him which tells of a con man named Sawyer who conned his parents which led to their deaths. EVIDENCE: Cooper is a con man. His age would make him old enough to do this con when James was a boy. Cooper has been known to change his name. Also due to the alarming number of coincidences on the island, this one would be no more unreasonable to any of the others. Now, James can finally have his revenge. That would make a nice flashback episode too.

THE RETURN OF THE SEASON ONE LOCKE
Finally, we got a small glimpse of the season one Locke. The mysterious guy with the connection to the island. Ben refers to this connection in his conversation with him. Season one Locke is so much better than the season two pushing the button Locke. Season three Locke is ok. Why does Locke have a connection to the island? It could be something in his DNA or what if one of his ancestors had been on that island? Since we have seen the coincidences of people showing up on the island who are linked to other people on the island, it is not too far a stretch to guess that a Locke ancestor could have been on the island before. It may have been even Cooper himself. Cooper may have come to the island to hide from authorities. But he would have to know how to get there.

THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO HMMM
The drink that Cooper pours when Locke confronts him. Is that Mccutheon brand? It is a very rare brand. It was used by Mr. Widmore who we know has a connection to the island.
Great to see Danielle finally see Alex. Now let us have a reunion!

How can Ben be the father of Alex? If Danielle crashed on the island and she is the mother and Ben was born on the island then how? Also Did not Danielle say she shot her husband? Ben must consider himself the father only.
Ben says that the others are willing to defend the island. Defend what? The box?

The DHARMA brand stuff in the refrigerator of Ben. Mikail said they went to war with DHARMA and they are not DHARMA. Are they then just mooching their stuff?

Locke fell 8 stories. 8 is a Hurley number.

Scarlett O Hara 3259 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-07, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "6 Degrees of Lost"
LAST EDITED ON 03-25-07 AT 07:14 PM (EST)

Another great show! How pathetic for poor John Locke -- his own father tried to kill him! It's a good thing he has nine lives!!

I want some answers! How on earth would Ben know all about Locke's life history? I found it interesting that one (Ben) was born on the island and is now in the wheelchair and John has a special "communion" with the island and is out of the wheelchair. Are Ben and John counterparts? Two halves of a whole?

I also want to know how long John's father has been held captive by the Others -- he is to Locke what those @#$%^&*( numbers are to Hurley. Terrible things happen when ever he is around!! Question is, what will become of him? What more damage will he wreak while on the island? Will Locke or the Others kill him? I kind of doubt it.

Will it be more torture and torment now for Kate, Sayeed, Jack & Locke, or will Danielle come to their rescue? How long will we have to wait for Danielle and Alex to meet each other, face to face? Can't wait to see the fireworks when that happens.

Meanwhile, it looks like trouble ahead for the Lostees on the beach next week.

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-22-07, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 3/21 Episode"
I thought it was a great episode!!!

We finally saw how Locke got in a wheelchair (and didn't we just know it was gonna involve his dad?) Even though I knew it was coming, I was shocked when his dad pushed him out the window. And what the #$%^ is he doing on the island? Who got there first? Does Ben really not know how it happened like he claimed, or is he the great event orchestrator of the island?

And when they put Locke in the wheelchair and he started to cry....woah.

The other thing that really grabbed my attention was how anytime Ben refered to the other's they were 'My People'. He must've said it a dozen times last night!

I can't help it, I'm back in love with this show.

Flower arrangement by Sharnina!

warp_core breach 469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-22-07, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail warp_core%20breach Click to send private message to warp_core%20breach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 3/21 Episode"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-07 AT 09:29 AM (EST)

Great episode. I like how Lost gets back to its roots when it stops focusing on Jack, Kate & Sawyer and the Others as in the first episodes before the hiatus. It's been nice to finally see the other Losties, especially Locke. I figured that Locke's father was going to push him out of the window but I was still shocked when it happened. It was the first "gasp" moment in a long time.

It's official. Locke's father is the most evil man on television!

I just reviewed the episode "Numbers" in Season 1. I looked carefully but I don't think it was Locke who fell past the window. At the beginning of the scene, Hurley is looking out the office window. The building seems to be located in the business section of the city as there are other highrises around. Hurley is also looking down onto a busy street and sidewalk. When Locke fell, the area around the building was more open and he fell onto grass and there were palm trees around.

It was a very good theory and that's the beauty of Lost - things that make you go hmmmm. I do think that there is the possibility that Locke's father could be the man who conned Sawyer's parents. That would be cool.

Siggie courtesy of Seana

Chez 670 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-23-07, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Remember the Black Rock"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-07 AT 11:48 AM (EST)

Since we're back to talking on this thread about "origins" like how Ben got on the island, whether Locke has a prior connection, etc., let's not forget the Black Rock, and the possibility maybe the Others even originated with it. Wikipedia has a great "page" on the Black Rock and possible survivors.

Also remember we are getting close in "Lost Time" to the Indonesian tsunami (Dec 2004). Could a tsunami have been responsible for the Black Rock being so far inland? Could another ship be wrecked on the island shores when the 2004 tsunami occurs? Can the Others be descended from the Black Rock survivors?

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-07, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 3/21 Episode"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-07 AT 02:15 PM (EST)

With Survivor on the same night, I didn't have time to think much of that episode. I liked it. Jack enjoying himself with the Others wasn't so difficult to explain afterall. I prefer "creepy Ben" to "tyrant Ben". His mind games are very interesting. I wasn't expecting Locke's father behind the door. Hats off to those who guessed. For me it was a nice surprise.

The episode left me with one big question regarding the story: If Locke wants to stay on the island, why antagonize the Others instead of trying to join them? He'd be right at home with them.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-26-07, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: 3/21 Episode"
This episode really brought to mind a nagging question I have had forever. We know the Man of Science - Man of Faith thing has been an underlying theme of the entire show and we always assumed that it was Jack and Locke. However the producers have said the the character of Jack was initially to be played by Michael Keaton and killed in the first episode. So...does that mean the the writers\producers have been building to this point and the ultimate confontation will not be Jack and Locke but rather Ben and Locke?

Ice 9 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-26-07, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ice%209 Click to send private message to Ice%209 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: 3/21 Episode"
This show is picking up some serious steam. The last 3 episodes have been great. "The Man from Tallahassee" was amazing. The chess match dialogue between Locke and Ben was at an all-time high.

1) The submarine - Count me among those who think Locke didn't blow it up. A) They didn't show him ACTUALLY blowing it up for a reason, and B) He was soaking wet for a reason. We see him descend into the submarine and head to the navigation area. The next time we see him, he's soaking wet and walking down the dock. I think he figured out how to operate it (maybe at The Flame), moved it, swam back, and blew up the dock. Also, a closer frame-by-frame inspection of the confrontation between Locke and the Others on the dock shows no sub behind him. It's possible it's farther down the dock, but we don't actually see what blows up (other than the dock, of course).

Locke has a plan, I believe, and maybe using the submarine as a bargaining chip is part of it.

2) "The Man from Tallahassee" - I'm assuming that Ben was referring to Cooper when he sent Alpert for him. (BTW, I loved the exchange between Ben and Locke afterward...Locke: "'The man from Tallahassee'? What is that, some kind of code?" Ben: "No John, unfortunately we don't have a code for 'there's a man in the closet holding a gun to my daughter's head'. Alhough, we obviously should." Too funny.) So, is he real or a smoke monster apparition? I think it's pretty clear it's the former. Thus far, the smoke monster's projections have all been outside. But more importantly, if Cooper was sent for, then he really, truly is on the island. Then how did he get there? The most obvious answer, and the one I believe, is that he was ON Oceanic 815. I believe he was one of the tail section survivors taken by the Others. Too coincidental? For THIS show? Hell, if you buy that somehow Eko wound up on the same island as the drug plane carrying his brother's bullet-riddled body, then this isn't any more of a stretch.

3) The "magic box" - There's some very serious Garden of Eden/Pandora's Box stuff going on here. Like the numbers, the box, as Hurley would say, is Bad, with a capital B. And speaking of the numbers, remember Hurley's friend Leonard telling Hurley he "opened the box" when he played the numbers?

4) "Born on the island" - Ben tells Locke he was born on the island and that NOT MANY of his people can say that. If we take him at his word, for the sake of argument, it means that he's not the only one of the Others native to the island. In their podcast, Lindelof and Cuse said we should believe everything Mikhail said, except for his claim to be part of Dharma. This means the Others are not the remnants of Dharma.

5) Recruits - Ben also said that most of the Others were recruited--probably very much like how Juliet was recruited. Why do they need to recruit people? And, is there a different status for those born there vs. those brought there? Meaning, are the recruits brought in to serve the natives?

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-07, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: 3/21 Episode"
Great catch on the submarine.

I enjoy reading your insights into the show after each episode Ice. Your thoughts seem more grounded than my crazy imagination ones

For instance I immediately thought that Ben was "wished" there by someone(maybe Alex longing for a father) and that is how he was "born" there. But that would not make any sense.

I agree that this show is really picking up.

Ice 9 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-27-07, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ice%209 Click to send private message to Ice%209 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: 3/21 Episode"
Thanks. I have my share of "crazy" thoughts, I guess I just keep those to myself.

As for Ben, the Others, and Alex; I believe Danielle that Alex was taken from her by the Others. Ben was probably put in charge of her care (by Jacob?), kind of like how HRG was put in charge of Claire's care on Heroes. A father/daughter relationship naturally developed, but with Ben having lots of responsibilities, once Alex became a teenager, the relationship strained.

Speaking of Danielle, there's a theory going around that the "sickness" relates to the weird time/space nature of the island. Perhaps there was another anomaly, or that Danielle's crew just couldn't adapt to how time "works" on the island and went crazy. Perhaps they discovered this "box" and looked into it? Being scientists, they were probably curious. And we know what curiosity did to the cat...

I'm not sure I buy into it, but it's certainly an intriguing idea.

Chez 670 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-27-07, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: 3/21 Episode"
Am I the only one who thinks Cooper may be Jacob?

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-19-07, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Possible Spoiler"
So who else thinks Locke’s dad killed Sawyer’s parents? As soon as Anthony Cooper said, “I’m a con man, not a murderer” I thought of Sawyer.

I think so.

Hidden Text from Spoilerfix: May 2nd: A newly focused Locke breaks away from "The Others" in an attempt to persuade Sawyer to help rid them of a great nemesis that has caused nothing but pain in both of their lives.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •