The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"3-8-07 episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-08-07, 01:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"3-8-07 episode"
I have to say, I am starting to like this whole 'New one every week' thing. It's nice to never be disappointed by a rerun. Although if it was a rerun I could watch Top Design more. But that's besides the point.

I liked tonight's episode. I felt like it had part mystery, part good character development, part humor and 'Losties' on the beach. I loved that Hurly was a Ping-Pong shark, and that they made Sawyer knock off the nicknames! Priceless!

Sayid's flashback, albeit dark, I thought really told a lot about him. I really feel like he knows what he's doing on the island more so that anybody else that's stepped up to be a 'leader' (Jack, Locke, Kate...) However, I hope we someday get the rest of his story, I'm struggling to like him. I would like to know what he did after he tortured people....

Pretty much knew the house ended up blown to bits when they found the C-4 downstairs. We didn't really learn a lot form the eye=patch, but at least we know that the others are not the Dharma initiative, and that they've been there a lot longer than the initiative.

All in all, it was a decent episode, I thought. We learned the Others cut off all communication except wht they could control, and I'm excited to see what happens when they get the the Others 'neighborhood'.

Tribe rocked me!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 3-8-07 episode Johhny_1ce 03-08-07 1
   RE: 3-8-07 episode MrBigDog1974 03-08-07 2
 I don't believe moonbaby 03-08-07 3
   RE: I don't believe HobbsofMI 03-08-07 4
   agree zombiebaby 03-08-07 5
   I never believed michel 03-08-07 6
       RE: I never believed CTgirl 03-08-07 7
           RE: I never believed JoshInSGV 03-08-07 12
               RE: I never believed michel 03-08-07 13
   RE: I don't believe - Translation martih07 03-08-07 8
       RE: I don't believe - Translation zombiebaby 03-08-07 9
       RE: I don't believe - Translation pinksparkleguitar 03-08-07 10
           RE: I don't believe - Translation Ice 9 03-09-07 16
               RE: I don't believe - Translation J I M B O 03-09-07 17
 RE: 3-8-07 episode JoshInSGV 03-08-07 11
   RE: 3-8-07 episode michel 03-08-07 14
   RE: 3-8-07 episode CTgirl 03-08-07 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Johhny_1ce 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-08-07, 02:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Johhny_1ce Click to send private message to Johhny_1ce Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 3-8-07 episode"
Looks like we'll see that scenario in two weeks from the looks of the basic facts of future episodes on lostpedia.com. Check there if you haven't. It doesn't give you much to go on anyway, so there's still plenty of suspense.

I think this episode had a lot of easter eggs in it. There was the chess game like the brazillians in the cold place episode, there was the mention of vladivostok and listening stations, which may help to elucidate what we saw in that chess game blip beforee. also the cat and nadia were both present and brought said into the fray. It's interesting that the guy's name is Bakunin, as both Bakunin and Kate Austin are anarchists.. maybe there's some deliberate reason why that is. The chess game apparently is a famous game played by gary kasparov called brisbane something or other, connecting it to australia.

can't wait for the next one. This has been the best one since desmond's flashback.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

MrBigDog1974 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-08-07, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MrBigDog1974 Click to send private message to MrBigDog1974 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 3-8-07 episode"
Great episode...maybe this one will help rebuild some LOST fandom. It answered some questions for us, and actually cleared up the undersea cable issue that Sayid found in season 1.

The Chess Game...I theorize that it points to the Brazilian guys being part of the Dharma group. Penny is aware of Dharma, and I think that leans towards Desmond actually being a part of the group originally, unlike what he told Jack.

Obviously the Others are the Hostiles..could this also boil down to an old Cold War issue, with the Hostiles knowing Russian?

Locke needs to be banned from touching all computers...

Sawyer with no nicknames...say it ain't so, Zorro!

The only thing I didn't like about this episode was the preview for next week. Watching Patches "prance" toward the electric fence made me laugh...If he's such a tough guy, he should have run into it...

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-08-07, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "I don't believe"
a word Patch said so I am going with them still being part of Dharma. I think at some point the Dharma Mothership will arrive to check on them all because communications are down.

How 'bout Locke? He never met a button he wouldn't push? Sheesh!

Last but not least...does anyone here speak Russian or did your close caption pick it up? I'd love to know what the exchange was between the woman and Patch Man. It seems she was telling him to kill her and then kill himself instead of being prisoners. He seemed more than willing to take a bullet so walking right into the fence next week will probably do the trick.

Waiting for the Mothership...

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-07, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I don't believe"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-07 AT 01:17 PM (EST)

What I have a big problem with last night is when Patch Man shot the woman....why would Sayid let that happen? He and Kate had his gun trained on him so as soon as he pushes Locke out of the way....they had a clear shot....so why not take it? They knew the woman was more important then Patch....

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-07, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "agree"
Didn't we see Ethan in the Juliet episode in Miami? He has been in the Dharma stuff right?

I don't trust Danielle at.all.

Was there a picture of Nadia when Sayid first met Danielle? Can't remember...also what did Shannon translate so long ago again?

Loved this episode...great job by Sayid.

A PhoenixMons Creation

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-07, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. " I never believed"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-07 AT 11:28 AM (EST)

...that the Others were Dharma! I agree that we could dismiss it if it was only Patches that said it, however the Dharma Initiative presentator also talked about the hostiles.

I always thought that the Others were the subjects of Dharma experiments, not running them. For one thing, if they were Dharma, I doubt there would have been an arsenal at the Losties disposal in the first hatch. They could've revolted to become the hostiles. Patches said the Others were there before Dharma however, so even that is in question.

The fanatism demonstrated by the prisoners was surprising. We saw Ben demonstrating same when he was captive but it seemed more like calling Sayid's bluff than accepting death. I also wish we have a russian translator but, since we had no sub-titles, I'm guessing that there was nothing more than "shoot me."

It was a good episode and my favorite line was when Sawyer looked at the woman and asked: "Who the hell are you?" The writers had their little fun with us; we've been asking that ever since she first spoke.

ETA: Zombiebaby makes a good point about Ethan: We know he was with the Others but it doesn't mean the Others are Dharma. We know someone recruited Juliet to work on the island but she isn't staying with the "Others" voluntarily. Even if it was Dharma that recruited them both to work on the Others, Ethan may have decided to join the Others after a revolt while Juliet is being kept prisoner. The 6 month offer may have been a legitimate job offer from the Dharma rep.

Another possibility is that Ethan was an Other all along but he infiltrated Dharma. He was good at that!

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-07, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I never believed"
I don't think the Others are Dharma now (maybe they were in the beginning and broke off, especially if they were the subjects of experiments). But I do wonder if there are any Dharma left on the island or did the Others (hostiles) annilate them?

It was a good show but I got frustrated by seeing Mrs. Klugh in the recap (oh, yeah, I remember her) and then seeing her briefly speaking Russian and then being killed. Maybe I'm nitpicking! Sayid has never been one of my favorite characters, but he is interesting and complex, and necessary for the survival of the Losties.

I loved when Sawyer said, "Who the hell are you?!" (Her name is Nikki, Lostpedia.com is incredibly comprehensive!!) And Locke? He is like a kid in candy store with computers..."What have you done, John?" kaboom!

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-08-07, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I never believed"
I still believe that The Others are Dharma. I think Eyepatch lied to Sayid about not being associated with Dharma. If Dharma employees/members are all dead, then why is Dharma still dropping food and supplies by parachutes? The supplies are obviously been dropped for the surviving Dharma members, that could only mean The Others. Plus, we've seen The Others utilizing some of the Dharma stations, like the Hydra station and the fake station that The Others were guarding at the end of season 2. Let's not forget that Ethan took Claire to a Dharma station (presumably The Staff) when he kidnappped her. All this suggest that The Others ARE Dharma. "The Hostiles", from Dharma's point of view, must be a referrence to the Losties, since they have shown resistence against The Others/Dharma.

03-08-07, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I never believed"
The supplies were still being dropped because the numbers were still being punched. The direct communication was down but Dharma was still receiving the number code. Dharma had Desmond still following their orders. The drop was near Desmond's hatch, not the Others' and we haven't seen a drop since "the sky went purple."

The Others haven't demonstrated any scientific interest or method. Dharma was aimed at scientific research. I may be wrong, but I don't see the Others as being much interested by the electromagnetic properties of the island, they have emptied the cages where the animals were kept and they don't like to stay on the island where work is done. They go there only when they have to. When we saw them in their houses with the book club, they looked more like Amish then scientists. Scientist may defend their ideas with passion but rarely to the point of accepting to die for them. Fanatics do that, cults do that.

martih07 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-08-07, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail martih07 Click to send private message to martih07 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I don't believe - Translation"
I'm a lurker, and this is my first post - I saw this translation of the conversation at another site (lost@humpys.net) and thought I'd share with you guys.
This is my favorite site to come to for information about my favorite shows, so I decided to jump in and take part.

Klugh: Mikhail. Mikhail! You know what to do.
Mikhail: We still have another way .
Klugh: We cannot risk. You know the conditions.
Mikhail: There is another way.
Klugh: They captured us. We will not give (or let, or betray) .
Klugh: You know what to do. It is an order.
Mikhail: We still have another way!
Klugh (in English): Just do it, Mikhail.
Mikhail: Forgive me. (shoots)

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-07, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I don't believe - Translation"
HI and welcome aboard!
I hope you join in on the other forums as well!

Hmmm...what could be the other way?

Thanks for the info too!

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-08-07, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I don't believe - Translation"
Another way???

Flower arrangement by Sharnina!

Ice 9 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-09-07, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ice%209 Click to send private message to Ice%209 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: I don't believe - Translation"
It seems as if Mikhail had baited Locke into playing the chess game again with some reverse psychology in his "don't bother" remarks. Knowing that both the sonar and satellite dish were down, he would have known that the only option left for Locke, once he won at chess and logged in to the system, would be to "Enter 77", which he did. Putting the station in self-destruct mode could have been his "other way".

Then again, why would he have been vague with Ms. Klugh when they were speaking in Russian?

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-07, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: I don't believe - Translation"

Then again, why would he have been vague with Ms. Klugh when they were speaking in Russian?

probably because the writers knew the translation would get out eventually and why not tack on another unsolved mystery to drive us crazy?

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-08-07, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 3-8-07 episode"
I really liked last night's episode as well. It was nice to get back to the mysteries of the island and the Dharma Initiative. It was also nice to have a full episode centered around the original castaways. I don't mind exploring the lives of The Others, but I don't like it when the change in focus neglects the storylines of the original cast.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but I didn't believe
Eyepatch's story about NOT being part of Dharma Initiative. I really think that The Others and Dharma are one and the same. In the computer screen, the guy from the orientation videos (I can't remember his name) mentioned something about "the hostiles". Does anyone else think that the term "hostiles" is referring to the losties? To me, it would make perfect sense if Dharma/The Others referred to the Losties as "hostiles". From their point of view, the Losties are unwanted visitors who have taken over the island and unearthed some of its mysteries.

What does everyone else think?

03-08-07, 09:23 PM (EST)
14. "RE: 3-8-07 episode"
I had an answer for your other objection about the Others not being Dharma but this post made me realize something else. The Orientation video guy wanted someone to punch the numbers. It was critical that they be continually pushed. If the others are, or were, Dharma, why wasn't any of them recruited to help Desmond? The future of the world was left on the shoulder of 1 guy, two if they didn't know the other had died?

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-07, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: 3-8-07 episode"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-07 AT 11:55 PM (EST)

I always got the impression from the quality of the tapes that they were made some years ago. The Losties have only been on the island for a few months so I assumed the tapes were made before their plane crashed. I don't think the Losties are the Hostiles.

ETA: Welcome to the boards martih07. Thanks for the translation!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •