The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-15-07, 01:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
Well since DH and I don't give too much weight to Valentine's Day, we were probably more excited that we got to see a new episode of Lost (and Top Design.) So we each bought each other a chocoalte bar and hunkered down to watch the episode.

So let's stop all that filler nonsense and get down to business. I? Though that tonight's epi was very cool. Half way through a friend of ours stopped by to pick some stuff up and she was transfixed even though she had never watched Lost. So there was definitely some hooks in it.

I loved that they introduced some sort of element of time travel. Can Desmond really travel through time, or was he just dreaming? Did he get blown through some weird space/time continuum?

I wish we would've seen some of Locke...I miss him. I wonder what his take on the whole thing would be...that you can't escape your fate, because the universe has some sort of self-correcting tendencies.

Speaking of which, that old woman who explains things to Desmond and won't sell him the ring...is she 'the Universe' trying to self correct by convincing Desmond not to marry Penny? That's the theory I kind of subscribe too, although DH thinks maybe she is a fellow 'stuck in time' type of person.

Next week promises to answer three questions, and it looks like one of them is what happened to all the people they snatched. they keep showing the woman who says 'We're here to watch' Watch what??

It was a great episode, IMHO. It made me more excited about Lost again. And it delivered the news that Charlie's gonna die, no matter what Desmond tries. I don't mind Charlie, although I know most people don't like him too much, so I thought of all the high fives going on when Desmond revealed he wasn't trying to save Claire, but Charlie.

Anxious to hear everyone's thoughts.

Flower arrangement by Sharnina!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... AugustGirl 02-15-07 1
 RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... zombiebaby 02-15-07 2
   RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... sharnina 02-15-07 13
       RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... CTgirl 02-15-07 15
           RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... tvgeek401 02-15-07 25
               RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... tvgeek401 02-15-07 26
                   RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... SilverStar 02-20-07 33
                       RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... trigirl 02-20-07 34
                           RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... Chez 02-21-07 35
 RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... MrBigDog1974 02-15-07 3
   RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... zombiebaby 02-15-07 4
 RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... michel 02-15-07 5
   RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... emydi 02-15-07 17
       RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... michel 02-15-07 21
       RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... pinksparkleguitar 02-15-07 24
 RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... mrc 02-15-07 6
   RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... zombiebaby 02-15-07 7
       RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... AugustGirl 02-15-07 9
           RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... Ice 9 02-15-07 10
               RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... zombiebaby 02-15-07 12
                   RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... Ice 9 02-15-07 14
 RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... Ice 9 02-15-07 8
   RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... emydi 02-15-07 18
 RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... CTgirl 02-15-07 11
 RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... Scarlett O Hara 02-15-07 16
   RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... emydi 02-15-07 19
       RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... Scarlett O Hara 02-15-07 20
           RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... michel 02-15-07 22
               RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... Scarlett O Hara 02-15-07 23
   RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... formerlywannabe 02-15-07 27
       RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... Loree 02-16-07 32
 RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... Maroonclown 02-16-07 28
 RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... geg6 02-16-07 29
 RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... J I M B O 02-16-07 30
   RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode ... volsfan 02-16-07 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-15-07, 07:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
I'm only stopping in briefly to say WOO HOO! Please please PLEASE let it be Charlie who diee. Can't stand his arrogant ass. Desmond saves Claire's life and instead of being grateful Charlie is jealous, belligerent, and mean. In other words, the same ole Charlie.

Charlie must die.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-07, 07:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
WTF? While I liked last night's episode I just could not get my mind around it. I got way too confused. I love time travel ideas and read way to much into those things. I kind of thought he was in a time loop.

Makes sense about Charlie though. Jack has saved him and so has Locke, did Ecko try too?

That woman who talked to Desmond, was she the same one in the previews who is talking to Jack?

Oh and Desmond is getting hotter and hotter.

A PhoenixMons Creation

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-15-07, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
My DH asked the same thing but it wasn't. They looked alike but it was two different women.

The other person I noticed was Mr. Whidmore - isn't he the same guy that plays Daniel's father on Ugly Betty?

"These are the days when the Christian is expected to praise every creed except his own."
- G.K. Chesterton 1928

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-07, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
Yup. Same guy and pretty much the same character (evil father!) same network too!

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-15-07, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
Wasn't he the evil father on The OC, too?

Or should I not admit I used to watch this show?

--gotta love Tribe and his awesome siggies!

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-15-07, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
He was!

IMDB profile.

--gotta love Tribe and his awesome siggies!

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-07, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
Ha! I was getting confused. I knew he was on Ugly Betty and The OC, but since he's always playing the same type of character, I couldn't figure out if this was his first Lost appearance. lol.

Sigs by Bob! Fear and chemistry keep everyone happy!

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-20-07, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
I remember him well, but isn't this a 'new' Penelope? The first picture was a brunette. The second girl I'm sure was different than the one in this ep. Am I right?

Chez 670 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-21-07, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
Nope, it's the same actress as last season.

MrBigDog1974 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-15-07, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MrBigDog1974 Click to send private message to MrBigDog1974 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
Great episode...I never expected the Charlie hook, and I'm usually pretty spot on with figuring those kind of things out.

My wife gave up on the episode about halfway through it, but once I told her about the ending, I think she's hooked again.

Always good when a show makes you think, unlike the mindless entertainment provided by other ABC shows (Grey's, Fugly Betty)

What will the three questions be? One will be the tattoos, another will be the kids and Cindy the stewardess returning. I don't know the third...

02-15-07, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
How Locke got paralyzed?

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-07, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
What I liked about the episode is that it got back to the mystery surrounding the show. Ever since "Henry Gale" had been captured, the show had become mainly a struggle between the good guys and the bad guys. Sure, there are mysteries surrounding the Others but now we are back to asking "What is going on?"

That electromagnetic field could have distorted the space-time continuum...or Desmond got knocked on the head too often!!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-07, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
I agree with michel...this was the BEST episode of LOST In forever...dbf even said after last week's ep. they need to get back to the mystery of the island!! I don't like the others story all that much and I hate Kate Jack Henry, etc. I love the people on the island and their stories.

Desmond's story is absolutely the best one on the island. And OMH since Eko is now dead, Desmond is MY FAVE character and I love Penny!! Finally a woman on the show I can really like.

and Pinky Tusc...I thought the same thing about Charlie...all the "YESES" from people on the boards!!

Here's my last fave woman...dead too

02-15-07, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
What about Alex? I like the mystery that surrounded Juliette and even Kate has something to offer the show but I agree they can easily be hated. But I think Alex is the character that can make the link between the first to arrive, the Others, the research party that included her mother and now our "new" Losties. Alex may be key to a big part of the story just as Desmond seems to be.

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-15-07, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
I love it when you call me Pinky Tuscadaro. (sp??)

Flower arrangement by Sharnina!

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-07, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
Incredible episode. Do we have a role in the universe that we *must* play, or do we have free will to change it? If Desmond still has flashes, does that mean that he has lived through the island adventure and has actually made it off to reunite with Penny? Thought-provoking stuff.

I would be glad to see Charlie buy it, esp. instead of Claire.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

02-15-07, 10:28 AM (EST)
7. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
I was also thinking too how all those people were "meant" to be on that plane too.

What did Charlie used to have on his fingers? The bandages? I can't remember. I have to go dig.

A PhoenixMons Creation

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-07, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
What did Charlie used to have on his fingers? The bandages? I can't remember. I have to go dig.

Wasn't it "Fate"?

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

Ice 9 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-15-07, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ice%209 Click to send private message to Ice%209 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
It was "FATE" and then he replaced the "F" with an "L", making it "LATE". Or it was the other way around. I forget.

02-15-07, 11:26 AM (EST)
12. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
Was there a "love" in there too?

One more of J
Slice's Awesome Creations!

02-15-07, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ice%209 Click to send private message to Ice%209 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
I don't think so. At least not that I remember. He does have a tattoo that quotes "Strawberry Fields Forever" (Living is easy with eyes closed) on his upper arm.

And, apparently, his middle name is Hieronymous. Not sure if that was revealed prior to last night, but his sign when he was a busker on the street had his full name "Charlie Hieronymous Pace".

02-15-07, 10:31 AM (EST)
8. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
Consider Charlie's corpse a sacrifical lamb from the producers of the show to the angry, pitchfork-carrying fans who are about to riot in the streets if they don't "get some ANSWERS DAMMIT!"

BTW, odds on the 5--I mean 3--BIG answers we're getting next week?

(I'm just hoping one involves why Jack is such a whinypants.)

02-15-07, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
*snorfle*

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-07, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
I thought this episode was great (probably the best this season) although it did raise more questions and adds another element to the island (is it time travel or déjà vu or precognition?). It reminded me of an old episode of the Twilight Zone, very freaky and you’re not exactly sure what is going on! I agree Michel that the mystery surrounding the island is what makes this show interesting.

I guess we can assume that Desmond’s first flashback (when he’s in jail) occurs after this. Did he have any premonitions in that episode?

Scarlett O Hara 3259 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-07, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, and I know that most of you will not agree with me, but just hear me out. I was disappointed in last night's episode ... especially after last week's episode, which I thought was great!!

Although better than all of the "Pain & Suffering" episodes that appeared earlier last Fall, this episode moved too slow, once again giving me the feeling as if the producers/directors are making it up as they go. Although I do feel somewhat sympathetic for Desmond, if he can see the future, why doesn't he take control of his own fate and get off of the island? He had the chance ... his sailboat was there and was intact until Sayid, Sun & Gin let it fall into the hands of the others.

Also, when was Charlie a destitute street singer? I thought he was a Rock Star? Doesn't make any sense in his young life to so quickly go from rags to riches.

This show is becoming more like a poorly written novel that jumps from place to place; storyline to storyline; with no threads to tie it together and give it unity. The end result, IMHO is that the reader/viewer loses interest. My patience is wearing thin and I don't know how much longer I can continue to watch.

Sometimes, the storyline just needs to develop a little before jumping into another scene - past or present. For instance, I want to know more about Juliet. She obviously went there by her own free will. When did she become a captive? She almost appears to be Second-in-command. Also, it is obvious that Alex is Danielle's daughter, but how on earth did the boyfriend get on the island with the others?

At this point in time, I am more interested in learning how Kate and Sawyer get back to their camp. But I'm wondering if we'll have to wait until next season to even find that out!!!

Please don't take offense in my differing opinion ... just expressing a different point of view!

02-15-07, 01:00 PM (EST)
19. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
No offense taken Scar, I take the opposite view (wait, this isn't Spoilers? ;-0)

I could care less about Kate and Jack and want the mystery to be there...I loved last nite's ep....one of my faves of the entire whole shebang

Desmond and Penny are my power couple!

02-15-07, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-07 AT 01:09 PM (EST)

I agree about Desmond ... he will breathe some fresh air into the show ... I just felt the story last night was too fragmented ... didn't make sense to me and I'm not sure how it's supposed to fit in other than the fact that he said he was saving Charlie, not Claire. Is Desmond the Saviour of the Island now? He saved the Lostees from the Magnetic Hatch explosion by turning the key (even though he thought it would kill him), and now he is saving Claire/Charlie from certain death.

We should all note now who he says "See you in another lifetime, Brother" to -- so far it was to Jack (at the stadium in real life) and to Lock when the Hatch was exploding just before he went to turn the key. Does that mean we will see his encounter with Locke in the real world in a future episode?

ETA: Like a cat, Desmond's got nine lives!!

02-15-07, 02:13 PM (EST)
22. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
Just to clear up Scarlett's point about Charlie: The scene with Charly singing in London happened 5 years before the plane crash if I heard right: Desmond said the race around the world was 2 years after his breakup with Penny and then he spend 3 years on the Island, pushing the button. If Driveshaft's first album is what made Charlie rich, he could have been struggling 3 or 4 years before that, when drivshaft didn't even exist.

02-15-07, 03:38 PM (EST)
23. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
So ... how old would that have made Charlie? Then and now. Do we have any idea about his age?

formerlywannabe 407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-15-07, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail formerlywannabe Click to send private message to formerlywannabe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
I'm with you..I totally hated it. I didn't get it at all and I just hated it! I was so disappointed after last week.

I read that Lost will end either next season or in 2009. If the rest of the shows are going to be as whacked out as this one, the sooner the better.

I'm getting tired of Lost and judging by the ratings, I am not the only one!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-07, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
I know. I want to see how it all ends. But I'm not sure I can stand to follow the journey to get there.

Maroonclown 5817 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-07, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
I'm sticking to my plan about watching this season without letting it hurt my head.

I had to work extra hard to not let that happen this week.

Time Travel always does the noggin in.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-07, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
I need to re-watch before I feel I can comment in any meaningful way.

But...

I now renounce my insatiable lust for Sawyer.

And transfer it to Desmond. OMH, he's too hot. And that Scottish accent...wooo! *fans self*

The strongest man in the world is he who stands alone. — Henrik Ibsen
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. - Henry David Thoreau

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-07, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"

Loved it. Probly my favorite ep of the whole show. What a mind bender for him!

I really liked the self-correcting Universe...as opposed to a lot of time travel stories where one little change in history affects all of the future.

Only thing I didn't like was how he went in and out of being able to tell what was going to happen. When he dumped Penny, was he doing that because of the white-haired woman's lecture? Meaning he finally believed her and gave in. Or was that one of those moments he couldn't remember the island, and just repeated his mistake unconciously?

Really really loved that ep.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-07, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: It's a Valentine's Day episode - 2/14"
After reading everyone's post, I guess I am going to have to go back and re-watch the entire thing. 45 mins into the show...I turned it off and went to bed. It was boring the carp out of me. hhhhmmmmm

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •