The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Beards"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-02-06, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Beards"
What is with Zeke's fake beard? Is is so that the Oceanic gang won't realize that The Others are working and are not lost themselves?

Eko's beard...

Did he cut it to say, sorry I killed your buddies. Or, did he cut it to say, I am the big boss Zeke referred to and I'm sorry I had to kill some of our gang in order to keep my cover.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Beards realitycoholic 03-05-06 1
 RE: Beards 1derfool 03-05-06 2
   RE: Beards maroonclowns mom 03-06-06 3
   Eko trigirl 03-06-06 4
 RE: Beards tweetydee 03-06-06 5
 RE: Beards J Slice 03-06-06 6
   RE: Beards AugustGirl 03-06-06 7
       RE: Beards J Slice 03-06-06 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

realitycoholic 216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-05-06, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitycoholic Click to send private message to realitycoholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Beards"
I was wondering myself about Mr. Eko's ceremonial mini-beard cutting. I want to think that he's a good guy and not an Other, but you have a point about the potential meanings of his actions.

Anyone else want to weigh in?

**Work of arzt by PhoenixMons**

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

1derfool 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-05-06, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 1derfool Click to send private message to 1derfool Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Beards"
The Theological Dictionary of the Old Testament states that trimming or cutting the beard is a pagan practice that was associated with the dead - cutting the beard in mourning for the dead.

Eko might have cut his own beard to show he is truly sorry for killing his captors. However, he'd have to assume that his symbolism was understood by someone from a culture different than his.

That could be a simple explanation for what Eko did. However, I too wonder if it wasn't a sign of some sort. Just because we saw Eko's back story doesn't necessarily mean he's not one of The Others, does it? Maybe he is a convert. Could he possibly have been 'persuaded' to join them during his short kidnapping, then he killed his captors as a cover-up to keep the Tailies from becoming suspicious?

maroonclowns mom 1102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-06-06, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maroonclowns%20mom Click to send private message to maroonclowns%20mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Beards"
Why do you suppose he was cutting down the trees he marked with an X

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-06-06, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Eko"
Just because we saw Eko's back story doesn't necessarily mean he's not one of The Others, does it?

You're right. We also did not see anything in his backstory that indicates he was on the Oceanic flight.

Momma clown, I didn't notice that about the trees! Good catch.

tweetydee 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-06-06, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tweetydee Click to send private message to tweetydee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Beards"
OR did Ecko really mean tell us the truth or I will cut your throat like I cut my beard!!!

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-06-06, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Beards"
Guys...

the beard-cutting was definitely penitential.

Eko's not an other... he was in the water like the rest of the tailies.

That club he was carrying around? He was marking notches for his 40-day vow of silence.

After dealing with his demons on the island (both by burning the plane and his confrontation with Smokey the Monster), Eko's ready to cleanse himself of that past... including his beard.

They're so dreamy...

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-06, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Beards"
Agree with you 100% Slicey. Eko is not an Other.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-06, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Beards"
Psst

Michael McDonald just told me to tell you that he thinks you're hot.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •