The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Locke And Charlie Thoughts"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

AnaNg3 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-31-06, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AnaNg3 Click to send private message to AnaNg3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Locke And Charlie Thoughts"
The episode Fire and Water was I admit not one of my favorites but I believe that it provided some valuable insights into the Lost puzzle. Some of this might have already been said but we might see Baptism playing a part in people being taken by the Others as we were referred before as those that were taken were good people. Anyways, I thought we saw an interesting relationship develop between Locke and Charlie. There was one sceene in the show where Charlie was trying to convince Claire to have the baby baptized. We have this eerie close up of Locke watching Charlie and Claire. he had this bizarre/angry look on his face. It seems that he is disapproving of Charlie talking to Claire and making her upset about the baby. But what if he was upset about Charlie telling people to baptize the baby? Locke seems to know a lot more than he's telling. And we've already seen that him and Eko don't see eye to eye. he is the one that suggested it. I really think that this episode will have great significance in the long run. Mostly because it seems so pointless now.

As for Charlie, I thought that all those dreams that he had about saving the baby could really be that he needs to save himself. He's called "baby brother" by his brother and you see him in a diaper in the commercial. Just a thought. We did see a lot of baby images associated with him though.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Locke And Charlie Thoughts MissRaven 02-01-06 1
   RE: Locke And Charlie Thoughts Maroonclown 02-02-06 3
 RE: Locke And Charlie Thoughts Buggy 02-01-06 2
   RE: Locke And Charlie Thoughts maroonclowns mom 02-02-06 4
       RE: Locke And Charlie Thoughts MissRaven 02-02-06 5
           Off topic from the original thread ... weltek 02-02-06 6
       RE: Locke And Charlie Thoughts 1derfool 02-07-06 9
 RE: Locke And Charlie Thoughts CattyChat 02-03-06 7
   RE: Locke And Charlie Thoughts J Slice 02-06-06 8
   RE: Locke And Charlie Thoughts AnaNg3 02-13-06 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MissRaven 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-01-06, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissRaven Click to send private message to MissRaven Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Locke And Charlie Thoughts"
This is an important episode at least for insight purposes. There is an increasing amount of good vs evil, religous symbology but contrary to the usual stereotypes. The "good" side is represented by a black man and "evil" by a white man.

I am increasingly convinced Locke is evil personified. He seems to symbolize temptation. On the surface he was trying to help Charlie overcome his addiction. However, in this last episode, instead of destroying the cache of drugs, he locks it up in his vault to which I think he alone knows the code. What is in this vault? All items which someone on the island has a weakness for...drugs, Charlie...guns, Michael?...food,Hurley?

Or not.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Maroonclown 5817 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-02-06, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Locke And Charlie Thoughts"
I gotta agree MissRaven. Too much religious symbolism smackin' us in the back of the head.

And Locke has completely turned in a matter of 2 episodes.

And you've definitley got soemthign with the hording of the temptations - not the singing group but the drugs and food

Rolly Sig Shop

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

02-01-06, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Locke And Charlie Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 02-01-06 AT 07:56 PM (EST)

Save the baby, to save himself.
I like it.

And Welcome, good to have you both with us!

maroonclowns mom 1102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-02-06, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maroonclowns%20mom Click to send private message to maroonclowns%20mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Locke And Charlie Thoughts"
In the repeat eps last night, when Hurley told the old guy he used the numbers, the old guy got upset and said "you`ve opened the box" Pandora`s Box?

MissRaven 187 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-06, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissRaven Click to send private message to MissRaven Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Locke And Charlie Thoughts"
And crazy Lennie said "you have to get away from the numbers". What happens? Hurley ends up closer to the numbers (if that makes sense!)

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-06, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Off topic from the original thread topic..."
Could Libby have worked for the Hanso project & been assigned "undercover" to work at the mental hospital & work with Lennie?

1derfool 185 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-06, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 1derfool Click to send private message to 1derfool Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Locke And Charlie Thoughts"
>I"you`ve opened the box" Pandora`s Box?

When I heard him say that, for a few seconds I thought it could also refer to opening the hatch, but Locke was the driving force behind that. Still, maybe.... could be... Pandora's Box = Hatch?

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-03-06, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Locke And Charlie Thoughts"
As for Charlie, I thought that all those dreams that he had about saving the baby could really be that he needs to save himself.

I REALLY like that idea, especially since Charlie's mother appeared in the "manger" dream. I think it could be himself he needs to save.

I am going to be stubborn about my disbelief that Locke is evil. I've always thought he was good. I do admit the last 2 episodes are really casting a shadow on him. I just don't believe he's bad just yet and I think he's doing a "tough love" number on Charlie as was done to Locke by Helen to snap Locke out of his funk with his father.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-06, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Locke And Charlie Thoughts"
I concur about Locke.

I'm not ready to start having the hots for a nutcase.

Just don't tell me what I can't do.

AnaNg3 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-13-06, 01:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AnaNg3 Click to send private message to AnaNg3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Locke And Charlie Thoughts"
I have always thought that Locke was evil. Ever since season 1. There's something creepy about him. And the island is his god. I still love Locke though. He's my favorite character.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •