The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Monster"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

AnaNg3 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-12-06, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AnaNg3 Click to send private message to AnaNg3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Monster"
We got a good first look at the monster last night. The best that we've had actually. And I thought we would open up discussion on it.

1. The monster did not hurt Eko. I see Eko as being a good person and that is why that they didn't hurt him. We heard from one of the Others that told Anna Lucia that they people that were taken were good. More good vs. evil undertones.

2. Locke saw it before also and it didn't hurt him

3. Upon watching the show last night, I thought I saw a person in the smoke. I watched the tape today and most of the time there is Eko's shadow but there is one shot where you can see Eko's face and another's. I'm not sure what to think of this.

Another totally off topic point does anyone else think that Eko might be Locke's Foil. They had that one moment on the last episode about "don't mistake coincidence for fate" that I see a huge glimpse of tension. It would be so cool if that was the case

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Comment & Please help fill in this ... weltek 01-12-06 1
   RE: Comment & Please help fill in t... dragonflies 01-12-06 2
       RE: Comment & Please help fill in t... CattyChat 01-12-06 4
           I'm wondering now moonbaby 01-12-06 8
       RE: Comment & Please help fill in t... weltek 01-13-06 9
           RE: Comment & Please help fill in t... J I M B O 01-13-06 10
 RE: The Monster Das Mole 01-12-06 3
   RE: The Monster J I M B O 01-12-06 5
       RE: The Monster Das Mole 01-12-06 6
           RE: The Monster J I M B O 01-12-06 7
               RE: The Monster miamicatt 01-16-06 11
 Clear shots of inside the monster Meemo 01-17-06 12
   RE: Clear shots of inside the monst... Canada Girl 01-17-06 13
   RE: Clear shots of inside the monst... strid333 01-17-06 14
       RE: Clear shots of inside the monst... Das Mole 01-18-06 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-12-06, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Comment & Please help fill in this list"
Good to open this up.

Your #1 premise doesn't sound quite right, though. If The Others are taking "good" people (?by scanning memories?), then why didn't they take Eko if he's considered "good?" Or, are you saying they might take him given the info returned from The Monster?

This list might be useful. My mind is running a total blank, though on filling it in. Help!

People killed by The Monster:
Pilot

People taken by The Others:
Walt
Tail kids
Cindy

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Comment & Please help fill in this list"
The Others did try to take Eko. He fought them off.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-12-06, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Comment & Please help fill in this list"
The others also took the "strongest adults" of the tailies, that was supposed to include Eko, but Eko killed his abductor. Whether or not the adults are still alive is another question.

Re the black cloud/monster and only Eko and Locke NOT running from it, but facing it WITHOUT fear. I remember Locke's comments after his first encounter that he "looked into the eye of the island and it is good" or something to that effect & thus beginning his beliefs/claims that the island brought them there, giving the island what it wants & it will return to you, etc. I wonder what Locke saw in the black cloud???

A PhoenixMons Production

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "I'm wondering now"
if the nanobots from the cloud ever went into Locke's body and restored his ability to walk.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-06, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Comment & Please help fill in this list"
I wasn't clear if they tried to take him, or they were trying to take someone else & he attacked them. However, I now recall the discussion of "taking the strong ones."

So my theory is, they want to kill the strong (fear of them taking control & defeating The Others) and take the children.

So then why try to kill Locke, but not kill Eko. Maybe since he sucessfully killed some of the Others, the Others are now interested in him as having the potential for their bad deeds. So they sent the Monster scanner out after him to see if there indeed was the potential, based on his past, for ilicit activities.

So, will The Others try to recruit Eko somehow?

Far fetched, perhaps.

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-06, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Comment & Please help fill in this list"

I’ve always suspected that there are ‘other’ Others. More civilized, in control of the island perhaps. Not sure why...but with four other bunkers out there I think the odds are decent that one of them is manned/womanned. I like the theory someone suggested that there might be a 'bunker' in the water (based on the insignia seen on the shark).

All that to ask: is there any evidence that the black smoke/nanobots and the Others are on the same side? Given the appearance of the Others, it seems strange that they’d be in control of some super-high-tech ‘security system’. Again, hinting at more undisclosed personnel IMO.

Das Mole 2364 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-12-06, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Monster"
My biggest concern is this:

If the "monster" is indeed this swirly black cloud (God, that sounds lame), then what was knocking the trees over in the pilot episode? A cloud of smoke? I doubt it...

01-12-06, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Monster"

That’s why I support the theory of nanobots. Small, swarming mechanisms that can be quiet and even contemplative (as with Eko), or representing a beast with mechanical overtones. Someone at some point said it is the security system for the island. And one that seems to have some level of artificial intelligence (dare I add telepathic ability) to boot…of course there could always be a master control room somewhere with a person behind its behavior.

Discussed before when someone recalled nanobots in Crichton’s book Prey.

In a lab in Nevada, microscopic robots called nanobots are the focus of a technological scientific experiment run by the Xymos Company. Nanobots are equipped with artificial intelligence and programmed to learn and evolve.

Having escaped the lab, a swarm of these predator nano-bots develop and multiply unchecked with humans are their prey. It's up to Jack, a recently unemployed husband of a Xymos worker, to save the world from a corrupt organization and dangerous little robots.

Hmmm…Jack had to save the world eh?

01-12-06, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Monster"
Sounds like a good theory...seems believable.

And it wouldn't result in a really far-out ending, it'd just be like "you were drawn here as part of a scientific experiment" or some crap.

01-12-06, 06:09 PM (EST)
7. "RE: The Monster"

whatever you do, don't let that sneaky catt try and tell you it was her theory...

miamicatt 9247 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-06, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miamicatt Click to send private message to miamicatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Monster"
What.ev.er.

Meemo 3517 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-17-06, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Meemo Click to send private message to Meemo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Clear shots of inside the monster"
Here are the screen caps from when the camera drifts through the "monster."

The first few are as seen in the episode. The rest are lightened to reveal the images inside the monster (seems as though it was reading Eko's mind).

http://lost.cubit.net/pics/2x10/

My apologies if this has already been posted.

Half man, half amazing, all DAW

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-17-06, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Clear shots of inside the monster"
Thanks Meemo, I've been waiting for some screen shots to appear.

Who's the woman? Next Eko flash back contestant.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-17-06, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Clear shots of inside the monster"
My best friend and I were talking about the monster (she knows I post here but doesn't herself) and I mentioned that I saw the screen caps and how they had pics of Eco as a kid, etc. She had a good idea. What if the flashbacks that we see aren't only just to fill in the viewer's info on the back stories of the castaways, but also the monster gathering info that s/he/it can use against the castaways?

Three is the perfect number.

01-18-06, 04:23 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Clear shots of inside the monster"
LAST EDITED ON 01-18-06 AT 04:24 PM (EST)

*Gasp*

Your friend's a genius.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •