The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Untimate theory?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

Alchemist 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-04-05, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Alchemist Click to send private message to Alchemist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Untimate theory?"
Haven't time to see if this was posted anywhere but I found it rather interesting....

http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3377

Alchemist

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Wow trigirl 12-05-05 1
 RE: Untimate theory? ladro 12-05-05 2
   RE: Untimate theory? mrc 12-05-05 3
       RE: Untimate theory? cycles2k 12-08-05 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-05-05, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Wow"
That's a great theory. I like during the discussions that someone theorizes that The Others are in fact taking the 'good ones' to save them from the 'study'. Cool!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-05-05, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Untimate theory?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-05-05 AT 11:56 AM (EST)

I suppose many people believe their theroy is the ultimate theroy.

If the poster had stopped after the picture of Alvar Hanso and limited the theroy to: Alfvén plus Hans O. equals Alvar Hanso, I would say that is pretty cool theroy, but so what. If Alfren Hannes' first name were actually Alvar, then I would have said there is a good chance the writers blended the two names on purpose.

But the poster goes on to fabricate a hugely significant fact to support his/her following wild conjecture about group consiousness, I quote :

"...the book 'The Great Computer: A vision... outlines the reason for - and a means to control - the island...

Scientists, fearing the cataclysmic events of a polar reversal, prepared an environment for the survival of the human race. They either directly or indirectly engineered the kind of people who would make up a community fit for survival and propagation of a new world. In the main, this means characters without father/mother figures; and/or characters with skills for survival: a doctor, an engineer, a survivalist, a mercenary; and characters of sufficiently varied genetic background: african, caucasian, asian, etc. to ensure a healthy gene pool for generations.

Then on an island which already had a massive natural source of electromagnetism, they constructed an artificial magnetosphere, alluded to in Walt's/Hurley's comic" to repel the deadly cosmic rays that Earth's magnetosphere used to repel. The hope was that the community could thrive, grow and, eventually, repopulate/recover the world."

--this plot outline is a complete fabrication, the plot of said book is about a super powerful computer taking over the world, akin to the Terminatior movies or I, robot. Everything the poster says after the ficticious book summary is predicated upon that fictious book summary.

ps: my Ultimate Theroy is that the writers just make everything up at they go along.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-05-05, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Untimate theory?"
I agree with Ladro that there are holes in this theory, and some of it is not completely clear. BUT, I think a lot of it could make sense.

OTOH, I'm not sure how deeply the writers have thought about the plot. I *hope* that this is the best-planned, most thught-through TV series evah. The reality is, it probabvly is not. So long as it doesn't crash and burn like the X-Files . . .

A Slice of Us for the Rest of Us!

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-08-05, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Untimate theory?"
I am also starting to think that the writers are just making this up as they go along and will try to contrive a conclusion when it is necessary.

The fact that John Locke walked is what hooked me on this show. I find the other mysteries to be less interesting.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •