The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Airplanes can not break apart."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

Mikesgirl123 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-27-05, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mikesgirl123 Click to send private message to Mikesgirl123 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Airplanes can not break apart."
I don't know if this was ever discussed, but my husband is a former Boeing engineer and he told me that the way the airplane broke apart could never happen unless there was an explosion or some kind.

He said the design doesn't allow that to happen. I don't know if this was something the producers considered or not. Since the storyline has survivors of two sections of the plane, maybe they didn't know an airplane could never break apart the way they have shown.

What do you all think?

mikesgirl123

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Airplanes can not break apart. PepeLePew13 11-27-05 1
 RE: Airplanes can not break apart. wandacal 11-28-05 2
 RE: Airplanes can not break apart. Rhyn 11-28-05 3
 RE: Airplanes can not break apart. HobbsofMI 11-28-05 4
   RE: Airplanes can not break apart. J Slice 11-28-05 5
       RE: Airplanes can not break apart. batts 11-29-05 6
 RE: Airplanes can not break apart. volsfan 11-30-05 7
   RE: Airplanes can not break apart. J I M B O 11-30-05 8
       RE: Airplanes can not break apart. volsfan 11-30-05 9
           RE: Airplanes can not break apart. J I M B O 12-01-05 11
 RE: Airplanes can not break apart. rjrabbit 11-30-05 10
   RE: Airplanes can not break apart. shuiheart 12-01-05 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-27-05, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Airplanes can not break apart."
It's Hollywood, they take creative licence all the time. All these things with the characters interacting wouldn't happen in real life either and the lottery numbers wouldn't keep popping up everywhere.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

wandacal 4018 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-28-05, 02:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wandacal Click to send private message to wandacal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Airplanes can not break apart."
And Polar bears don't live south of Australia.
As great a show that "Lost" is, we KNOW that it is not cemented in reality.
It's the awesome and creative writing that keeps us coming back.

MY advice?
Sit back and enjoy the mind-boggling ride!

Lost with PhoenixMons!

I did NOT mean this as as a diss, MG123!
(We are DEFINITELY a die-hard "LOST" fan club here! We welcome and adore ALL fans here!)

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-28-05, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Airplanes can not break apart."
There are things about the world that I know, and when I see Hollywood try to recreate those things, they usually get them wrong. And sure, it's annoying.

That said, with this show, there is already so much that "couldn't happen." I think it's also been alluded to by producers that it wasn't a freak accident that caused the plane to crash where it did. (I gather it was something like the island pulled the plane down or something.)

Oh here it is: The plane did not crash by accident, it crashed for a very specific reason. But he dismissed speculation that someone aboard the plane caused the crash. From: Source.

With a misty, smoke monster, a ship planted on the rocks far from shore, polar bears, backwards Walt and all the other things, the plane breaking apart is the least of the weirdo mysteries.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-05, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Airplanes can not break apart."
And how many people survive a plane crash from 40,000 or so...TWA 800?......

It's Hollywood....

sig by PM and bouncy by IceCat

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-05, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Airplanes can not break apart."
I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I flew to Paris on Flight 800. Same damned plane.

::shudder::

Just don't tell me what I can't do.

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-29-05, 03:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Airplanes can not break apart."
Everyone knows already that it was that Big @§§ ...invisible, Some ßËot©h Robot monster, jumped up, an Slap the Carp out of that airplane. Whats not real about that? Happens all the time in the bermuda triangle.
inv>just kidding ya'll. I feel sarcastic today lol<

I can't get over your siggy J-Slice. Evry time I look at that orange peel smile, it makes me laugh. Great Siggy!

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Airplanes can not break apart."
In this article we find that the reason for the crash will be explained this season:

In other revelations, "Lost" will explain this season why Oceanic Flight 815 crashed, though, in true "Lost" fashion, the total reason may not come out all at one time.

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Airplanes can not break apart."

I just glanced at your daw count. I must say that's an absolutely astonishing figure. Didn't you get here after me?

Impressive.

I can't wait to see what happens when you turn 6 figures in a couple years!

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Airplanes can not break apart."
Too many posts on forums of shows that not too many people watch and the AI forum.

I have been here 2 years last week.

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-05, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Airplanes can not break apart."

wow, that's like two weeks after my first login...amazing. no wonder we have such a cool bond eh?

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-30-05, 10:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Airplanes can not break apart."
As a proud Boeing emploee, I would say that a Boeing airplane wouldn't fall apart like this one did. It was a Lockeed L1011 built in 1972. Maybe it had stress fractures that weren't detected.

shuiheart 95 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-01-05, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shuiheart Click to send private message to shuiheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Airplanes can not break apart."
Your comment made me laugh. Sounds like something my DH (also a Boeing employee) would say. He had trouble believing the plane crash, so much so that he wouldn't watch the show!

I think, like many things in the show, it requires some suspension of reality. They probably made the plane breakup like that for the dramatic effect.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •