The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Best Episode Ever !"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

goldie1000 1087 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-18-05, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldie1000 Click to send private message to goldie1000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Best Episode Ever !"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-05 AT 08:30 PM (EST)

It was, the most interesting and engaging episode that I've ever seen. This week's Lost marked the second consecutive episode - yet the show has, amazingly, become that much more enthralling.

This week, in the course of a single episode, the experiences of the other survivors of Oceanic Flight 815. The other group's first 48 days on the island, we were sped through a complex experience that included a fight to the death, a sneaky murder, numerous abductions, which all culminated with the gunshot to Shannon's belly, effectively ending her brief love affair with Sayid.

The brilliance of this episode was in how the program has somehow doubled its universe in the course of two topsy-turvy episodes. The show's consciousness has split, doubling the mystery and the intrigue.

The big question is who dragged those people off into the jungle? Are they the same ones who took Claire, Charlie and the baby? Is the universe really going to end if Locke and Jack don't keep entering those cursed numbers into the computer?

So many questions...

Lost is beginning to establish itself as one of the best network shows ever.

The beauty of Lost is how it never hesitates to take a drastic turn, and seems unwilling to avoid the dark places in the psyche that most other shows fear to tread upon. The program is stomping around unapologetically in worst nightmare type scenarios, with an incredible array of characters that cover virtually any relatable reaction to being put in such a situation.

The best examples of any art form are those that remind you that anything is possible. Lost has the ability to do that, because just when you might believe that you've figured it out, the world is turned upside down once again. And, once you get past the dizzying effect of accepting that anything can happen, it's a remarkably freeing experience, even when that message is transmitted through something as typically mundane as a network television show.

Lost is similar to life in that any answers you get only lead to more questions. Right now, they've got me hooked and committed to watching how this all pans out, because after 48 days, the situation on the island has reached a crescendo.

I can't wait to see what is next

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Best Episode Ever ! zombiebaby 11-19-05 1
 RE: Best Episode Ever ! lvoetulips 11-19-05 2
 RE: Best Episode Ever ! dragonflies 11-21-05 3
 RE: Best Episode Ever ! trigirl 11-23-05 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-19-05, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Best Episode Ever !"
I agree Goldie!

I was thinking how great is a show where they can throw an episode in the early part of the 2nd season with only characters that have just been introduced and still have it compelling. (I know some did not care for it though) Good observations on how it doubled it's universe.

I like how this show engages you to try to find clues in each episode and by doing online searches. It is so multi-layered.

Sometimes I have so much to say about an episode right away and sometimes it takes me a few days to think about it.

I do think it is becoming one of the best tv shows ever as well.

Thanks for sharing!

A PhoenixMons Creation

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

lvoetulips 1025 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-19-05, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lvoetulips Click to send private message to lvoetulips Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Best Episode Ever !"
I'm going to have to agree. The culmination of the two groups after 48 days was beautifully crafted, and once again, the story writers are impeccable.

The good people were chosen for a utopic existence? Only the bad remain?

Yikes. I'm so hooked for as long as this show is on the air.

courtesy of tribe, master of my universe

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-21-05, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Best Episode Ever !"
I agree Goldie. I finally got to watch it last night. I thought this was a great episode, and I loved how they tied things together at the end with the sort of still frames of the events that led up to the shooting of Shannon.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-23-05, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Best Episode Ever !"
The score! I keep saying how they should have Emmy's for tv score, but the drumbeats at the end with the quick shots of the days we knew were so fabulous.....my heartbeat started to increase as the tempo and suspense did. Great.Show!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •