The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Others and the plane crash"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

skeetergirl87 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-17-05, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skeetergirl87 Click to send private message to skeetergirl87 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Others and the plane crash"
After last night's episode about the tailies, I wonder if the plane crash was an accident or if it was lured to that island. If I remember right, according to AL, Goodwin wasn't on the beach for 10 minutes after the plane crashed. But that means that he was only 10 minutes away at the most. Plus, while all of the Others had raggedy clothes and no shoes, he had on boots and clothes that didn't look too bad. Also, the Others attacked that first night and seemed to know what they were looking for, so they had plenty of time to observe the Tailies.

So, that leads me to believe that they were ready and waiting when the plane crashed. Maybe they didn't know for sure who was going to be on the plane, but they knew it was going to crash. Maybe the magnetic force from the hatch draws anything in that gets within range - like a tractor beam or something like that.

What do you think?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Others and the plane crash J I M B O 11-17-05 1
   RE: Others and the plane crash skeetergirl87 11-17-05 3
   RE: Others and the plane crash wandacal 11-17-05 4
       RE: Others and the plane crash J I M B O 11-17-05 5
           RE: Others and the plane crash wandacal 11-17-05 6
               RE: Others and the plane crash LozengeofLove 11-17-05 8
 RE: Others and the plane crash Devious Weasel 11-17-05 2
   RE: Others and the plane crash michel 11-17-05 7
 ... the "Others" Scarlett O Hara 11-18-05 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-17-05, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Others and the plane crash"

I think you're on to something.

It seems even bigger than just the Others. As the writers have hinted, it isn’t just the plane that was supposed to crash there…but the people ON the plane were specifically destined for the island. Are the Others somehow responsible for who made it onto the plane? Is it possible that the list of 9 names was made prior to the crash?!

Freaky.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

skeetergirl87 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-17-05, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skeetergirl87 Click to send private message to skeetergirl87 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Others and the plane crash"
Oooooh - I hadn't thought about the list being made prior to the crash. But how could they know who was going to land on the beach and survive? Anyway, I did wonder about the paper the list was on - it was from a yellow legal pad. Anybody see one of those lying around?

wandacal 4018 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-17-05, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wandacal Click to send private message to wandacal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Others and the plane crash"
Great points, JamMasterJ!

I could go into greater detail, but pretty much EVERY major character really wasn't supposed to be there in the first place!

I read an article, a long time ago, in "Psychology Today" where the majority of airplane crashes had the most number of cancellations. In other words, fully booked flights hardly ever crash. Why? Because many people have some form of ESP, so they cancel their reservations because of some "unknown reason or feeling".

Any of us wish to take a stab at this?

Lost with PhoenixMons!

I believe this show is slowly starting to take me over....

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-05, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Others and the plane crash"

Every major character wasn't supposed to be there?

I was just thinking about Jack and Sawyer's meeting Jack's dad. Locke being able to walk...and understand Walt's abilities. And of course, Hurley and the numbers on the hatch. Certainly some of them are there for reasons beyond just coincidence...

wandacal 4018 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-17-05, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wandacal Click to send private message to wandacal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Others and the plane crash"
No! No! No!

Perhaps I phrased it wrong. Let me try again:

Every major character really shouldn't have been on that flight.
Just a few examples:
Jack begged to be let on the plane because of his father.
Hurley was forced to buy 2 tickets because of his weight.
Shannon had to be convinced by Boone to fly coach.
Locke finally allowed himself to be carried onto the plane.

See what I mean?

Normally, these people wouldn't have been on this flight.

Lost with PhoenixMons!

I'm sure there are many examples to prove otherwise, but this always stuck out for me....

LozengeofLove 1060 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-17-05, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LozengeofLove Click to send private message to LozengeofLove Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Others and the plane crash"
I noticed something similar. Many of the characters were given their plane tickets instead of choosing to fly on that flight by themselves. Locke, Claire, Michael, Kate, Sayid -- they were all given their plane tickets by someone else.

Coincidence?

Handcrafted by RollDDice

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-05, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Others and the plane crash"
Interesting thought - Ethan would also have had to move into the Lostie camp fairly early on for it not to be suspicious.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-05, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Others and the plane crash"
I have no idea about the Others expecting the crash but as far as the list goes, I'm prety sure it was written by Goodwin. He wrote it after observing them a while and must have found time to go and give it to one of the Others.

Scarlett O Hara 3259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-18-05, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "... the "Others""
Don't know if this post belongs in this thread or not. Beg your pardon, if it does not. However, did you also notice how the cave and the hatch both said "Quarantine" on them. They were related and each was nearby each of the two different crash sites.

Also, do you think Desmond is/was one of the "Others?" If so, than as we have seen, he has met up with Jack now twice. Maybe this is not coincidental after all.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •