The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Randy is the Boss-Man of both Hurley and Locke!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

fabfiveplusone 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-13-05, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fabfiveplusone Click to send private message to fabfiveplusone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Randy is the Boss-Man of both Hurley and Locke!"
When Mr. Fabfive and I saw the Mr. Cluck scenes last night, I said, that's the same sort of crabby boss that poor Locke had--and this morning, on a hunch, I checked the Walkabout episode--YES--the same actor (Billy Ray Gallion) and the same name and the same nature!

This cannot be an arbitrary substitute actor as the characters have the same name as well!

BUT the listing for Randy is not on IMDB anymore for Walkabout...If I could vidcap, I'd prove it...the guest list appears at 42:11 on the DVD.

Everybody Hates Hugo" Episode: #2.4 - 12 October 2005
Billy Ray Gallion .... Randy

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Randy is the Boss-Man of both H... weltek 10-13-05 1
 RE: Randy is the Boss-Man of both H... FarmBoy 10-13-05 2
 RE: Randy is the Boss-Man of both H... true 10-13-05 3
   RE: Randy is the Boss-Man of both H... AugustGirl 10-13-05 4
 RE: Randy is the Boss-Man of both H... ladro 10-13-05 5
   RE: Randy is the Boss-Man of both H... Steph_Fan 10-13-05 6
       RE: Randy is the Boss-Man of both H... PackMan 10-14-05 7
           RE: Randy is the Boss-Man of both H... Risti 10-15-05 8
               RE: Randy is the Boss-Man of both H... rileybean 10-16-05 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-13-05, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Randy is the Boss-Man of both Hurley and Locke!"
Here is site that confirms the name/actor in Walkabout:

http://www.tv.com/lost/show/24313/episode_guide.html

Good catch. Although probably not particularly meaningful to the mystery, kind fun.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-13-05, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Randy is the Boss-Man of both Hurley and Locke!"
Maybe he's "EveryBoss". We need to keep track of this.

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-05, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Randy is the Boss-Man of both Hurley and Locke!"
I think this has to be significant. I have no idea how, but it must be, there is no other reason to have the same character be the boss of two different castaways. Good catch!

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-05, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Randy is the Boss-Man of both Hurley and Locke!"
I'm with True .... this has to be significant. In fact, I'd go so far to say that nothing shown on this show is insignificant.

Great catch Fab!

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-13-05, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Randy is the Boss-Man of both Hurley and Locke!"
great catch if it is true. If it is true then I think it is significant. (%$@&#, I should have bought the DVDs instead of renting them). Locke's conflict with his boss was shortly before the plane crash. I forget the exact timeline but I think Hurley quit his job about 9 months prior to the plane crash. So it could be possible, time wise. I seem to recall Locke's boss to be a long haired guy.

Steph_Fan 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-13-05, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Steph_Fan Click to send private message to Steph_Fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Randy is the Boss-Man of both Hurley and Locke!"
The other thing is that in "Numbers" Hurley is said to own a box company, probably the one Locke and Randy worked for. So did Hurley hire his former boss?

Courtesy of Phoenix Mons

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-14-05, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PackMan Click to send private message to PackMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Randy is the Boss-Man of both Hurley and Locke!"
I don't think Hurley consciously hired his old boss, but this is another example of how all of the people on the island are connected by more than just being on the same flight.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

Risti 190 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-15-05, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Risti Click to send private message to Risti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Randy is the Boss-Man of both Hurley and Locke!"
Perhaps, but remember Hurley told us, I think in the season Premiere when he was telling Jack about all the bad luck he's had, that 'the chicken place I used to work at burnt down'. I remember this, because I was actually surprised when he quit, because I read this as that it burnt down while he was still working there. Perhaps he was already starting to feel guilty about the 'curse' at this point, and gave the old manager a job? Maybe that was on of the handouts he felt obliged to give?

Also, perhaps this explains why Locke refers to Hurley as Hugo. Perhaps Randy Bossman constantly refers to the owner of their company as 'this fat loser who used to work the evening shift and eat all the chicken until he got lucky and won the lottery'. Therefore, Locke realized exactly who Hurley was. At this point, Hurley is pretty much the <i>only</i> character Locke hasn't had a 'moment' with(well, aside from Sun and Jin). I think this is significant.

rileybean 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-16-05, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rileybean Click to send private message to rileybean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Randy is the Boss-Man of both Hurley and Locke!"
I'm pretty much a lurker around here, but I think I remember Hurley having a mini-moment, telling Locke that no one even knows that Hurley isn't his name. Locke asks what his name is, and has since called him Hugo.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •