The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Small group of back-planers"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

Maroonclown 5817 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-13-05, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Small group of back-planers"
LAST EDITED ON 10-13-05 AT 09:06 AM (EST)

I don't believe for one minute that that group is from the back of the plane. They just don't scream "survivors" at me. They are more militant.

If they really were survivors you would think they would want to get with the rest of the group ASAP. They are treating the guys like prinsoners, not plane mates.

The blonde chick seemed interested in the rest of the survivors. Maybe it's only Ana and Mr. Echo who aren't from the plane. Maybe the blonde is being held captive just like the rest of the guys.

Slice and Dice Chop Shop 2005

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Disagree Q 10-13-05 1
   yup Meemo 10-13-05 2
       RE: yup Cathy the Canadian 10-14-05 16
   RE: Disagree Maroonclown 10-13-05 3
       RE: Disagree HobbsofMI 10-13-05 5
   RE: Disagree weltek 10-13-05 8
   RE: Disagree ladro 10-13-05 10
       RE: Disagree FesterFan1 10-13-05 12
   RE: Disagree AugustGirl 10-13-05 11
 RE: Small group of back-planers Maroonclown 10-13-05 4
 RE: Small group of back-planers dragonflies 10-13-05 6
   RE: Small group of back-planers Steph_Fan 10-13-05 7
       RE: Small group of back-planers Maroonclown 10-13-05 9
           RE: Small group of back-planers Addi 10-14-05 13
           Cut it out, MaroonClown Bebo 10-14-05 14
   RE: Small group of back-planers 1derfool 10-14-05 15
 RE: Small group of back-planers TeamJoisey 10-14-05 17
 RE: Small group of back-planers trigirl 10-17-05 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-13-05, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Disagree"
They said there were 23 originally, now there are about 4 left. I can sum up the militant nature of them by doing some math. 23-4=19. So they could have seen/known that about 19 of thier fellow tallies were taken/killed by the Others. So they are in hyper defense mode. Kind of Bunker Mentality.

Also, Bernard seems nice. Knows his wife was on the plane, and asks if she is with the other surivivors. So we know he was on the plane, and we know Ana-lucia was on the plane, she was in the airport bar with jack prior to the flight.

I do not think that the Nigerian guy was on the plane though. I think they met up with him on the island and they are working together.

And as to why they would not join the front of the plane folk? They just learned they exist/survived. And per TV guide, Bernard will most likely make the journey to see Rose soon, so they are going to meet up.

The only problem is, the Island is between the two groups. If you lost 19 people in 44 some odd days, you would be wary of trekking into the jungle too.

My 2 cents.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Meemo 3517 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-13-05, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Meemo Click to send private message to Meemo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "yup"
*points up*

What he said. It'll be curious to see what happened to the other 19. Lost to the sickness that the French woman talked about?

Half man, half amazing, all DAW
How the heck are ya Q?

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-14-05, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: yup"
. Lost to
>the sickness that the French
>woman talked about?

But they weren't just lost to sickness. The French woman said they got sick, and she had to kill them.

Could we have the same thing here? Is that why they had the prison pits in the first place ... to enprison their own "sick" fellow survivors?

10-13-05, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Disagree"
Fair enough. You're right, it would be freaky to lose 19 as long as you believe the info they are sharing. But our original crew didn't lose that many in the aftermath. Of course our original crew hasn't been living in an abandoned bunker with all sorts circulating through the air.

Maybe I'm overhtinking this but just because Ana was in the bar doesn't mean she didn't come from the Island orginally. We're assuming the Others have had permanent residence on the Island.

This show really is driving me to the brink.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-05, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Disagree"
Maybe the reason why they have not lost any to the Other is the Others were busy killing/catching the 19 on that side of the island.

sig by PM and bouncy by IceCat

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-05, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Disagree"
What the fabulous Q said.

And yes, I think the Nigerian guy has been living on the island since his drug plane crashed.

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-13-05, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Disagree"
I agree with all of your reasoning. But there could be more than 4 people left in their group, some could be out of the cave hunting, some could be in diferent rooms of the bunker, etc.. I don't specifically remember them saying there are only 4 of them left from the original 23.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-05, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Disagree"
There are at least 5 "tailies" (as TV Guide calls them), even if you think (as I do) that the big fella was already on the island before the crash.

1. Ana Lucia
2. Libby
3. Bernard
4. As yet unidentified male (seen talking to Ana Lucia at end of last night's episode and part of mob that took Jin, Sawyer, and Michael at beginning of Episode 3)
5. As yet unidentified female (seen in bunker in last night's episode and part of mob at beginning of Episode 3)

Fester

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-05, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Disagree"
I'm just getting in line to agree with everything Q said.

a GothMog original

10-13-05, 09:35 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Small group of back-planers"
4 left - 23 original. We've got two of the numbers at least?

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-05, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Small group of back-planers"
Could it be that the bunker they are in was one of the other sites on the island, but someone didn't push the button, so something bad happened, like maybe that illness was released into the bunker, which is causing people to die? That and the Others too, of course.

Steph_Fan 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-13-05, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Steph_Fan Click to send private message to Steph_Fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Small group of back-planers"
I was thinking about that too, but this bunker seems much less recently inhabited than Desmond's. There wasn't any furniture or anything else to make it look lived-in. So I'm guessing there was no button here, and this was a site for another type of experiment that is long gone.

Courtesy of Phoenix Mons

10-13-05, 10:52 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Small group of back-planers"
*sits around and waits for the monkey with four a$$es to show up*

Addi 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-14-05, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Addi Click to send private message to Addi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Small group of back-planers"
>*sits around and waits for the
>monkey with four a$$es to
>show up*

LOL

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-05, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Cut it out, MaroonClown"
The guidelines ask posters to help prevent forest fires. Interrupting a lively discussion on an aspect of the show to post a baiting comment doesn't contribute to the discussion but could start a fire. Don't do it again.

1derfool 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-14-05, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 1derfool Click to send private message to 1derfool Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Small group of back-planers"
> Could it be that the bunker they are in was one of the other sites on the island,
> but someone didn't push the button, so something bad happened

Wasn't the button routine implemented because of 'an incident' that happened at one of the stations? If so, then somebody not pushing the button wouldn't have led to something bad happening.

I got the impression that possibly people from two or more stations got together, discussed their missions and possibly realized what the truth really is and decided to give up (maybe they realized they were guinea pigs in some experiment on human behaviour or other experiments that went against their beliefs). It could also have been some biological experiments were then ruined because nobody was there to watch over them - say some toxic pathogen which was the cause of the mysterious disease outbreaks. Desmond might have been told to inject himself to keep from catching whatever it is/was. To make sure the future replacements wouldn't socialize and possibly ruin the experiment(s) again, the button and quarantine schemes were implemented. Desmond admitted he didn't get out much because of the countdown. Even if the serum provided immunity after a routine immunization, not telling him that it was unnecessary and making him inject it regularly would be reason for him to stay put near his precious serum and not explore the outside world.

Danielle's companions could have been killed off by this mystery illness but the injections would have taken care of it. With few people on the island to spread the germs, 'our' survivors wouldn't necessarily have been exposed to it until they moved farther away from the crash site to the other side or interior of the island. The germs could also be in that new hatch we were shown this week, or maybe the germs have already mutated to a non-infective state but the story of it's lethal qualities still lives on with the few survivors.

TeamJoisey 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-14-05, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Small group of back-planers"
Put me down as believing that Mysterious Man was a passenger on Flight 815. He's wearing dress pants that are hardly torn. He's well-groomed.

I believe that he is the "muscle" in Ana Lucia's little dictatorship. Certainly some of the 23 tail section survivors have died, possibly at the hands of The Others, the polar bear or bears, or the Black Cloud of Island Security.

I also suspect some of the tail section survivors have "died" because Ana Lucia wanted control of the group. The rest of them are going along because defying her is dangerous, while leaving the group is more dangerous.

Ana Lucia = evil.

Or maybe I'm just recalling Lord of the Flies.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-17-05, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Small group of back-planers"
They just don't scream "survivors" at me. They are more militant.

Did I dream that the character of Ana Lucia was a "B" movie actor and that Libby was a psychiatric doc? Sure I read that somewhere. They are survivors, not Others.

Hmmm....Libby....psych ward...Hurley....hmmmm.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •