The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sun's wedding ring"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

TeamJoisey 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-13-05, 00:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sun's wedding ring"
A small continuity error?

A plot point?

When Sun digs the hole to bury the bottle, she is not wearing any rings.

When they show her place the bottle in the hole, there is a distinct ring on her left hand.

When she withdraws the hands from the sand after burying the bottle, the ring is missing.

Did Sun lose her wedding ring in the act of burying all that she has of Jin?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sun's wedding ring Rhyn 10-13-05 1
 Plot point WaterDrop 10-13-05 2
   RE: Plot point ladro 10-13-05 3
   RE: Plot point TeamJoisey 10-14-05 4
       RE: Plot point ladro 10-14-05 5
           RE: Plot point wandacal 10-15-05 6
           RE: Plot point TeamJoisey 10-15-05 7
               RE: Plot point ladro 10-15-05 8
                   RE: Plot point wandacal 10-18-05 9
           Maybe my memory is playing tricks o... Snidget 10-18-05 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-13-05, 07:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sun's wedding ring"
I'll take "Continuity Error" for two hundred, Alex.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

WaterDrop 592 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-13-05, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail WaterDrop Click to send private message to WaterDrop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Plot point "
See here.

I don't want to spoil things for anyone since this thread isn't marked as a spoiler, so I'll make the summary invisible.

Next week's episode summary:

Originally aired: Wednesday October 19, 2005 on ABC
Writer: Damon Lindelof, Carlton Cuse
Director: Stephen Williams
Guest Stars: Rain Chung (Mr. Kim) , Kim Kim (Mrs. Shin) , Josiah D. Lee (Tai Soo) , Tomiko Okhee Lee (Mrs. Lee) , Tony Lee (Jae Lee) , Robert Dahey (Poor Man) , Kimberley Joseph (Cindy) , Sam Anderson (Bernard) , Rain Chung (Mr. Kim) , June Kyoko Lu (Mrs. Paik)
Production Code: 205

Michael sets off into the jungle by himself determined to find Walt, but discovers that he is not alone. Meanwhile, Sawyer and Jin are ordered by their captors to take them to their camp, and Sun frantically searches for her missing wedding ring.

In flashbacks this episode reveals more of Jin's life before ending up on the island. We meet Jin's former manager at the Grand Seoul Hotel, Mr. Kim, his beatnik best friend and one-time roomie, Tai Soo, and Jae Lee, an adversary of Jin's who has everything he does not, including a good education, charm and wealth. It all leads into why Jin is the way he is now.

Bolding was done by me.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2005

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-13-05, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Plot point "
So it is both.

10-14-05, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Plot point "
Sssh. Actually, I knew the spoiler. I was only here to point out the continuity error, and get people's opinions before the fact.

10-14-05, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Plot point "
My opinion, though not related to the ring, does relate to the bottle with the message in it.

WTF, is it a Korean thing, or a woman thing, to bury a bottle with a message in it? For the sake of this post I will assume that Claire or Shannon could see Korean writing on the paper (but that was not made clear in the show), so that is why they gave the bottle to Sun. But there were four people on that boat, there could have been another message in English wrapped on the inside or on the back of Jin's message. It is beyond reason to not open the bottle, let alone to bury the bottle.

yes, I know I am anal.

wandacal 4018 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-15-05, 01:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wandacal Click to send private message to wandacal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Plot point "
I will assume that Claire or Shannon could see Korean writing on the paper (but that was not made clear in the show), so that is why they gave the bottle to Sun.

I assumed they gave the bottle to Sun because she was the only person related to someone on the raft. While everyone cares about their welfare, Jin IS Sun's husband! Her concern is a bit more deep.

is it a Korean thing, or a woman thing, to bury a bottle with a message in it?

DH is Korean and he's never heard of this.

IMHO, Sun buried the bottle so that none of the Survivors would find out that the bottle came back - thereby, dashing their hopes for a rescue.

Lost with PhoenixMons!

10-15-05, 03:32 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Plot point "
I'll ad to wandacal's answer, which I agree with.

There were messages from many of the Lostaways in that bottle. Recall Sawyer reading them and asking "Who is Hugo Reyes and how is he leaving his mom $156 million?"

The bottle represents both the fate of the raft, and the fate of Sun's husband.

Claire and Shannon knew the implications would affect Sun more than anyone. Sun made the decision not to reveal the apparent fate of the raft. Perhaps because she doesn't believe they are dead, or perhaps she doesn't want others to believe that fate and thus lose hope.

10-15-05, 09:24 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Plot point "
I think that clears things up for me. I was thinking that the note in the bottle was written by the group on the raft, while they were at sea. Evidently the messages had been written prior to the launch, and I just forgot about that mini-drama. I'll have to start drinking more.

wandacal 4018 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-18-05, 05:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wandacal Click to send private message to wandacal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Plot point "

I'll have to start drinking more.

My god!

You mean you watch this sh*t SOBER?!!
I admire your restraint...

Lost with PhoenixMons!

Lost with red wine since 2004....

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-18-05, 07:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me"
I thought before they left they collected messages from the rest of the survivors to take with them to distribute when the raft got rescued, or something like that.

I do not think the messages in the bottle are from the people on the raft, but from the people who stayed behind taken on the raft.

That it came back kind of indicates the raft went down. I think they gave it to Jin because it probably means her husband is dead. I think her burying the bottle is her way of have a burial for her husband since she may not ever get his body back.

Lost with PhoenixMons

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •