The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The doctors and the boat people."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-11-05, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The doctors and the boat people."
I know someone in another thread mentioned they could be the same people, but I didn't see any pictures or responses. What do you think?

Sure lots of men have beards and plenty of women are blonde, but the same combo connected to the island makes it possible.

The two people that started the program could very well still be involved. The Dharma tape said the initiative was created by them in 1970 and they were doctoral candidates. Possibly they were in the mid 20's then and that was 35 years ago. Could the boat people be 60? The man could be. Not sure about the woman.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The doctors and the boat people... zombiebaby 10-11-05 1
 RE: The doctors and the boat people... trigirl 10-11-05 2
   RE: The doctors and the boat people... zombiebaby 10-11-05 3
   RE: The doctors and the boat people... Elaine0 10-11-05 5
 RE: The doctors and the boat people... ladro 10-11-05 4
 RE: The doctors and the boat people... Lisapooh 10-11-05 6
   RE: The doctors and the boat people... AugustGirl 10-11-05 7
       RE: The doctors and the boat people... Lisapooh 10-11-05 8
           RE: The doctors and the boat people... weltek 10-11-05 9
           RE: The doctors and the boat people... AugustGirl 10-11-05 10
   Katie Doyle Elaine0 10-11-05 11
   RE: The doctors and the boat people... Steph_Fan 10-11-05 12
 RE: The doctors and the boat people... Maroonclown 10-12-05 13
   RE: The doctors and the boat people... weltek 10-12-05 14
       RE: The doctors and the boat people... AugustGirl 10-12-05 15
           Any ideas on the stepdad? moonbaby 10-12-05 16
               RE: Any ideas on the stepdad? AugustGirl 10-12-05 18
       RE: The doctors and the boat people... weltek 10-12-05 17
 *bump* weltek 10-19-05 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-11-05, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The doctors and the boat people."

*shudders*

That guy is just creepy.

I don't know now if they are the same. You could argue they are. But after seeing these pictures side by side I don't think so.

A PhoenixMons Creation

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-11-05, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The doctors and the boat people."
Zombie, I'm the opposite. I didn't think that the DeGroot's were The Others, but when I see the photos I see a striking similiarity!

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-05, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The doctors and the boat people."

I honestly just don't know what to think anymore!

I would not argue that they are or not. I am not getting a feeling either way by seeing the pictures!

A PhoenixMons Creation

10-11-05, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The doctors and the boat people."
It the two sets are supposed to be the same characters would casting hire a younger pair and an older pair that looked similar or would they hire one pair and use makeup to age them?

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-11-05, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The doctors and the boat people."
To me the picture of the guy with the beard and hat is so dim and fuzzy that it could be anyone, including the guy in the white smock. Although I see simlarities between the women, I see enough differences to convince me that it is highly unlikely that they are the same woman.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-05, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The doctors and the boat people."
So get this. According to imdb - the bearded man from last season's finale was played by MC Gainey. MC Gainey is also listed by imdb as playing Kelvin in a future episode.

so is the guy who took Walt the not so dead Kelvin from the hatch?

freaky deaky.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-05, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The doctors and the boat people."
Good detective work, Trixie.

Signed,
Your friend Nancy

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-05, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The doctors and the boat people."
wouldn't it be cool if at the end of all of this, there's like a scooby doo mometn where one of the characters says "and I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids" and then vincent gets some scooby snacks. .

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-05, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The doctors and the boat people."
Are you saying that Charlie is actually SHAGGY? Wow, that would be so cool.

10-11-05, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The doctors and the boat people."
Pooh is funny.

10-11-05, 05:59 PM (EST)
11. "Katie Doyle"
In an unrelated story imdb shows in episode 1 Katie Doyle of MTV fame played an EMT. I sure don't remember seeing that face on there and I hope I never do.

Steph_Fan 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-11-05, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Steph_Fan Click to send private message to Steph_Fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The doctors and the boat people."
About IMDB, things are not always accurate. Didn't they show Tina Wesson as playing the boat woman at one point? So, on the one hand, Kelvin being the boat man could all be really interesting. But then, the boat man couldn't be de Groot!

Courtesy of Phoenix Mons

Maroonclown 5817 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-05, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The doctors and the boat people."
So if the Boatmen are the docs from long ago why would they be so interested in Walt?

Would Walt maybe be a successful experiment? Or the offspring of a successful experiment? Michael hasn't really shown any powers as such but Walt sure has.

Walt could be the 20 year study subject as a result of their work so long ago.

Far stretch but I've thought of weirder things.

Slice and Dice Chop Shop 2005

10-12-05, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The doctors and the boat people."
I've been thinking the same thing & wondering about Walt's mom/Michael's wife. What was her profession? Where did they live? Anywhere in MI?

This really makes me wonder about the connection to Dean Koontz's book Sole Survivor, which has some LOST paralells. They were breeding & raising children in captivity to learn how to control psychic abilities.A little boy could crash planes by getting into the pilots mind & making it crash. Same scenario...plane for no reason veered way off course, for no reason crashed. An "escaped" psychic kid & the researcher who was responsible for the kid (she was a black woman named Rose) were the only survivors. Just lots of little similarities.

10-12-05, 12:42 PM (EST)
15. "RE: The doctors and the boat people."
I could be mistaken, but I think Walt's mom was an attorney.

a GothMog original

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-05, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Any ideas on the stepdad?"
Didn't Walt say Vincent was the stepfather's dog? There are some interesting theories about Vincent-pair that with Walt's abilities and say "hmmmm..." with me.

10-12-05, 01:12 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Any ideas on the stepdad?"
hmmmmmmmmm.........

a GothMog original

10-12-05, 01:08 PM (EST)
17. "RE: The doctors and the boat people."
The whole Walt/Michael backstory episode is summarized in depth here: http://home.earthlink.net/~tanstaafl/lost114.html
(this person put a lot of work into this!)

Susan, Walt's mom, was in law school when they got pregnant. Looks like they lived in New York, though.

10-19-05, 09:38 AM (EST)
19. "*bump*"
With a new episode, and a dupliate topic already started, I think this is an important one to bump.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •