The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The magnet connection"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

TenPin 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-23-05, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TenPin Click to send private message to TenPin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The magnet connection"
Like the rainbow connection, only different.

It doesn’t seem to be discussed much, but I am very interested in the magnetic field Jack encounters inside the hatch. It has to be very strong in order to pull the key around his neck toward it. What about his gun? Was it also been drawn into the magnetic field? It is a lot bigger than the key and would have been affected more.

The magnetic field would also explain the problems with the compass that Sayid experienced in an earlier episode. I don’t remember which episode (one of the fairly early ones last year), but Lock give Sayid a compass to help him explore the island. A little later Sayid notices that the compass is “broken” because it isn’t working properly. A compass is directed by the magnetic field of the earth and can easily be influenced by any other magnet near by.

If it is strong enough to affect the hand held compass could it be powered up to affect other objects at further distances?

“Everything happens for a reason”… so what is the reason?
TenPin

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The magnet connection joannie 09-23-05 1
 RE: The magnet connection FarmBoy 09-26-05 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-23-05, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The magnet connection"
I guess the magnet can be thought of as a 'black rock.'
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-26-05, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The magnet connection"
I've been thinking about this, too. Lots of keys are made of brass (not magnetic), but not always. So, I've wondered what a key to a US Marshall's gun case would most likely be made of. It's very possible that it could be made of something else. Probably aluminum or steel.

I also wondered if the big magnet was how Locke was dragged along the ground in the season finale. This would be assuming he had some kind of metal replacements (say a hip maybe) that was part of what made him paralized. That would most likely be titanium (depending on the timeline). I'm not sur how it would react to a magnet. I know you can get magnetized titanium braclets, etc.

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •