The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Genetic Mirror Theory"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

chick 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-22-05, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail chick Click to send private message to chick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Genetic Mirror Theory"
This is a good read (on the ABC Lost forums). I haven't been able to find any supporting info, but it's interesting none the less... I hope this link works.

http://forums.go.com/abc/primetime/lost/thread?threadID=560350&forumStart=0

I'll copy and paste the post here...

Posted by notlost17

I recently found an interesting natuarlly occuring thoery found in our world that states everyone has a mirror image somewhere in the world. You may have heard of this. Its called Roussau's genetic mirror theory, and I must say it is very interesting. Roussau's genetic mirror theory says that everyone in the world has an exact twin somewhere, however according to the theory you never encounter this person, by laws of probablitly and other natuaral occuring phemnomen. Its the theory that was devised by a French Mathematician named Marseille Roussau in the year 1988. He used a series of numbers to explain his theory. Now I know you're not going to believe this but here goes.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Let me explain...

The 4 stands for 4 degrees of separation (not 6 or 7 as commonly stated.) Roussau believed that everyone in the world was connected by four different people. So in theory could meet yourself by using four different people connected to you. Example: Your brother's, boss's, neighbor nephew, knows your mirror. Hard to believe, I know but keep reading.

The 8 stands for the eight continent, or the only place in the world where you could meet your mirror. He calculated it to be somewhere in the south pacific. Now we know its not actually as large as the other contintents but its used figurtively because everyone in all 7 continents could meet there mirror on the 8th universal continent.

The 15 stands for the chances of you acually meeting yourself on this place, as in 15 out of 4,815,162,342. Look at the second set "815." Ring any bells? Interesting huh?

The 16 stands for the maximum amount of people that could encounter thier twin all at the same time. Think about the number of main characters.

The 23 is the number of years apart your twin and yourself are. You are not the same age as your twin. By chance and probablity it takes 23 years exactly for the same genes that made you to be connected again to form another you.

The 42 stands for the maximimum number of years your twin and yourself can be alive at the same time. However people do die at diffferent times so thats why everyone isn't dead at 75. For example my twin was born on Sept. 6 2003 b/c i was born on Spet. 6 1980. Now that doesn't mean i will die in the year 2045, I could, but its not set in stone. My twin could die when he is 16, and then the whole thing starts over again.

This is all very complicated and I don't know how well I explained it but the connections with the show are too coinidental to not be real.

Roussau and his team (wife, included) went to the 8th continent. You can figure out how they died and why by the numbers and equations. It also fits with every character. You can predict when they will die. There are others on the island who are twins of the survivors, but have been there 23 years longer.

There is a book Roussau wrote 16 years ago in 1988 when he came up with the theory. Thats where I got it from.

I appreciate any questions or comments.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Genetic Mirror Theory ladro 09-22-05 1
   RE: Genetic Mirror Theory chick 09-22-05 2
 RE: Genetic Mirror Theory Rhyn 09-22-05 3
   RE: Genetic Mirror Theory chick 09-22-05 4
       RE: Genetic Mirror Theory dragonflies 09-22-05 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-22-05, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Genetic Mirror Theory"
i think someone just made that up.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-22-05, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail chick Click to send private message to chick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Genetic Mirror Theory"
Definately possible. Here's what the poster says....

its an obscure book called Genetic Mirror Theory and other Natuarlly Occuring Phenomenon, by Marsille Roussau. My friend found it at a Paris bookstore at Paris Univerisity while studying abroad. I don't think there is an english translation. It is a very obscure thoery, which is why it works for a tv show like LOST. Roussau however died, I heard, in 1998. I don't know if the shows creators got the idea from them or not.

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-22-05, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Genetic Mirror Theory"
LAST EDITED ON 09-22-05 AT 11:50 AM (EST)

Certainly interesting, however, the original poster follows all the patterns of a liar rather than a true spoiler or theorist.

• He only makes random appearances to the thread, always in a hurry to leave again, with sketchy information at best and assurances that this is real and to "spread the word."

• He has claimed to not be net-saavy. That's symptomatic of false spoilers.

• He cannot upload a photo of the cover. He cannot scan the cover. He alludes to maybe selling this rare, rare book on Ebay, and even setting up a website with the book scanned and displayed.

• He seems to know a LOT about the theory, but later suggests that he "still has a lot of reading to do" to figure it out. He knows how rare the book is, how old it is, when the author died, but still needs to read the book? Seems odd that he knows all the details, but still needs to "read" the book. Especially when there is absolutely nothing online about this author, book, or theory.

• You can google for days, with multiple spellings of the name, and never come up with anything related. You can search the Library of Congress, you can search the title in French, you can search any "library" or "research" site and come up empty-handed.

• When asked directly, many times by many posters, for the publisher information or the ISBN, the original poster disappears.

Seems very suspect to me, since he is playing the textbook "scammer role" to a T!

09-22-05, 11:57 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Genetic Mirror Theory"
Thanks for the info. I'm not very message board active.....and I guess I can't spot a phony. This guy must have alot of spare time.....

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-22-05, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Genetic Mirror Theory"
The first thing that got me was he said the name of the book (in English) but said there was no English translation. Oh, and the math thing, about the odds not being the smallest fraction. I noticed someone else mentioned that as well.

But it is a fun theory anyway.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •