The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Plot lines for season 2:"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-26-05, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Plot lines for season 2:"
Before the finale Abrams said that casting was now being conducted for season 2. The way the information was coming out it appeared to me that he (Abrams) was looking for more than a couple of people to add to the cast. Also, Abrams led us to believe that there would be more than one person’s live being held in the balance at the end of season 1.So, what are the plot lines that can be drawn from the finale?

The hatch: I think it is obvious that we are not going to find out what is in the hatch for some time to come. Nothing came out of the hatch once the door was open. Also, I think it is safe to say that Kate, Jack, Locke and Hurley are safe from whatever is in the hatch.

The cave: Everyone in the cave is safe at this point in time. They are just waiting on the hatch people and the boat people.

Sayid and Charlie: They made it back to the cave and appear to be safe. Charlie has a huge drug problem that will send him deep into next season.

The boat peeps: Sawyer got shot and went into the water. Jin jumped in after him. Michael is in the water as well. The peeps that were on the little boat kidnapped Walt. A hand grenade of some type was tossed onto the rescue boat and was ablaze when we last saw it. The three men in the water are the people in jeopardy of losing their lives. However, the introduction of the kidnappers could replace the three characters that are currently in the water. The options for the three men in the water are: 1) They die. 2) The guys grab parts of the boat and float off until the currents turn south and they end up back on the island. 3) They get rescued. What other options are they?

The others: I must say that I am very disappointed in the finale. Abrams claimed this was their who shot J.R.. Well, there are only a couple of options for what happened at sea. The people that kidnapped Walt are 1) the others 2) into some type of child slave (labor/sex) trade 3) ??? insert your thoughts here. From the writing of the entire first season I would have to say the people that kidnapped Walt are the others (and not much of a question that Abrams has led us to believe).

Other survivors: This is something that I almost knew we would be led to believe in the finale or at least suggested and it wasn’t. I would be surprised that Abrams would introduce new survivors on the same island very early on in next season. Why not give us a glimpse here?

With all this in mind…what are the plot lines that you think will develop from here?

Estee’s black rock thread will serve as a plot line thread for the boat.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Plot lines for season 2: Breezy 05-26-05 1
   The Monster Breezy 05-26-05 2
       RE: The Monster realtvnerd 05-26-05 4
           making notes Breezy 05-26-05 5
               Yes zombiebaby 05-26-05 6
                   RE: Yes Breezy 05-26-05 10
                   Walt's video game Canada Girl 05-26-05 22
                       Both? Breezy 05-26-05 23
                       RE: Walt's video game J Slice 05-26-05 24
               RE: making notes Lost 05-26-05 7
                   RE: making notes zombiebaby 05-26-05 8
                       RE: making notes Lost 05-26-05 9
   RE: Plot lines for season 2: zombiebaby 05-26-05 3
 The Others trigirl 05-26-05 11
   The boat VA Slim 05-26-05 14
   RE: The Others volsfan 05-26-05 16
       RE: The Others chick 05-26-05 18
 extra scene on GMA blacknwhitedog 05-26-05 12
 RE: Plot lines for season 2: FarmBoy 05-26-05 13
 Season 2 - Jack vs. Locke Devious Weasel 05-26-05 15
 RE: Plot lines for season 2: calamityc 05-26-05 17
   RE: Plot lines for season 2: chick 05-26-05 19
       RE: Plot lines for season 2: AnaNg3 05-26-05 20
 RE: Plot lines for season 2: J Slice 05-26-05 21
   Yep. Tiger Lily 05-28-05 29
   RE: Plot lines for season 2: Lost 05-28-05 30
       RE: Plot lines for season 2: JustLis 05-28-05 31
           RE: Plot lines for season 2: mommy2bree 05-30-05 32
               RE: Plot lines for season 2: joannie 05-30-05 33
 RE: Plot lines for season 2: blacknwhitedog 05-26-05 25
   RE: Plot lines for season 2: pax 05-27-05 26
       RE: Plot lines for season 2: mommy2bree 05-30-05 34
 RE: Plot lines for season 2: calamityc 05-27-05 27
   RE: Plot lines for season 2: volsfan 05-27-05 28
 Tina Wesson (survivor) to play Alex Lost 06-03-05 35
   RE: Tina Wesson (survivor) to play ... volsfan 06-03-05 36
       RE: Tina Wesson (survivor) to play ... Lost 06-03-05 37
           RE: Tina Wesson (survivor) to play ... RealityMom 06-04-05 43
   RE: Tina Wesson (survivor) to play ... Devious Weasel 06-03-05 38
   How reliable is IMD? zombiebaby 06-03-05 40
       RE: How reliable is IMD? volsfan 06-03-05 41
           RE: How reliable is IMD? Lost 06-03-05 42
               RE: How reliable is IMD? joannie 06-04-05 44
                   RE: How reliable is IMD? RealityMom 06-04-05 45
       RE: How reliable is IMD? Devious Weasel 06-04-05 46
           Inside joke too? zombiebaby 06-04-05 47
       RE: How reliable is IMD? Lost 06-07-05 51
 Black Smoke Devious Weasel 06-03-05 39
   RE: Black Smoke FunTimeLost One 06-04-05 48
       My Take On Next Season threetowers 06-05-05 49
           RE: My Take On Next Season Silvergirl1 06-06-05 50
               No More Tina joannie 06-08-05 52
                   RE: No More Tina Silvergirl1 06-08-05 53
                       redemption challenges? pax 08-03-05 54
                           RE: redemption challenges? chick 09-15-05 58
 needed Plot line for season 2: silentJ 08-04-05 55
 RE: Plot lines for season 2: marfan7 08-20-05 56
   RE: Plot lines for season 2: marfan7 08-20-05 57
 RE: Plot lines for season 2: mommy2bree 09-21-05 59

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Plot lines for season 2:"
Ashmo posted in last night's thread that Michael said those dudes were the others. So that answers that.

I think the three raft dudes will float back to the island but not back to where they came from. They will land on a different part of the island (which is why we were shown how big the island really is) and meet other survivors. Which will introduce the new cast members.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy. Sigpic by Syren.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-26-05, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "The Monster"
I just came up with this. How about the monster is...

like a big octopus looking thing that lives under the ground and his tentacles punch thru the ground and grab peeps or he flays them around and it sounds like a big monster walking?

It would fit in with some of the mutant theories out there, it's a big huge mutant octopus with an attitude and the hatch was how they used to go down and feed him.

realtvnerd 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-26-05, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realtvnerd Click to send private message to realtvnerd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Monster"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-05 AT 09:05 AM (EST)

I taped the show last night and watched the sequence of Jack and Kate where she says, 'Yeah, I saw it too,' frame-by-frame. The monster was a sort of swift moving black cloud--appeared after the explosion in the hole into which Locke was being pulled. But--the thing that struck me is that the monster makes the same sound as the monster/bad guys in the video game that Walt was playing on the plane. Anyone else catch that? Just my imagination?

05-26-05, 09:09 AM (EST)
5. "making notes"
I'm making notes on what to look for when I rewatch it tonight. I'll double check the video game sounds. Did everyone notice that Hurley was reading the comic book with the polar bear when he finally got on the plane?

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Yes"
noticed the comic book. Also Hurley's interaction with Walt when he got on the plane led me to believe that maybe they had met briefly a day or two before and knew they were on the same plane? Or something like that.

I was trying to see the game Walt was playing and could not figure it out what game.

The noise the raft's rudder made also sounded like the monster.

The sight of the monster made me think of that clip of the plane crash from the Pilot episode that someone posted awhile back with those black things flying around.

Also did we see the pilot in this episode as was promised?

One more of J Slice's Awesome Creations!

05-26-05, 09:38 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Yes"
I Tivod GMA this morning too so that I can watch the deleted scenes. Maybe the pilot is in those.

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-26-05, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Walt's video game"
Was probably Pitfall - from your desciption. Game about a guy stuck in the jungle. Heh. Funny.

I had to laugh at the "I need batteries" comment. He had a gameboy with a rechargable lithium battery in it. The only plot screw up I can say "WRONG" to with conviction.

05-26-05, 02:10 PM (EST)
23. "Both?"
With DD's gameboy she can use either the rechargeable pack thingy or double A's.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Walt's video game"
I noticed the itty-bitty Gameboy SP mistake, too.

Of course, I watched the finale in Mr Slice's Nintendo-Museum of a bedroom. Which made it especially amusing.

Ventilation goes HERE.

Lost 92 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lost Click to send private message to Lost Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: making notes"
Did >everyone notice that Hurley was
>reading the comic book with
>the polar bear when he
>finally got on the plane?

I caught that too. Question is the identicle comic book Walt had was written in Spanish. Can Hurley read spanish? If not then two seperate identicle comic books are on the plane. Why? I don't like the theories based on the show being parallel to that book. I can only hope that Hurley can read spanish and the only connection to that comic is that Walt saw the pictures and conjured up the things he saw in it like the polar bear.

05-26-05, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: making notes"
Hurley is spanish and his family was shown speaking spanish I believe in his episode.

05-26-05, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lost Click to send private message to Lost Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: making notes"
Thanks Zombie. Forgot all about that. Too much info to retain. Atleast that makes just one comic book.

05-26-05, 08:53 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Plot lines for season 2:"
Agree with Breezy about the fate of the 3.

Once Danielle said that she heard they were "coming for the boy" that meant Walt and not Claire.

Also agree with Vols on that I was a little disappointed about the finale, but then again it was so built up. Still a good 2 hours.

I also thought that we were going to see the actual plane crash again.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-26-05, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "The Others"
I wasn't disappointed with the finale...it was awesome.

There were four 'Others'. Bearded man, two flunkies and the blond chic that threw the flame-bomb. I found it interesting because the bearded man spoke with an American accent plus they had a boat with gas. What's up with that?

I noticed the game-boy game as well. Did you see that it featured what looked like a person running through trees (jungle)?

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-26-05, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VA%20Slim Click to send private message to VA%20Slim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "The boat"
"... plus they had a boat with with gas. What's up with that?"

Same thought here. Also the boat was relatively small - definitely less than 40 feet. Not the type of craft that ventures very far from shore. Has to be from the island. When the guys turned on the radar, the "blip" from the boat wasn't initially seen, but appeared a little bit later. When it did appear it was inside the first couple of "rings" on the repeater and then moved away before returning. A little "loose" on the editing - If the boat was close enough to show up within the rings on the repeater, it should have been there when the radar was first turned on. And we won't even discuss how you can get a bearing from a radar that doesn't appear to rotate - of course, unless the "professor" from Gilligan's island was able to build a phased array radar out of the parts from the plane.

05-26-05, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Others"
Sure, the finale was interesting but it wasn't the jaw dropping...you will not believe this show that Abrams led us to believe.

We knew the big cliff hanger would come from the peeps on the boat (Abrams gave us that much). The fact that the others appeared wasn't surprising (we thought it would be the others or other survivors) and the fact that they wanted Walt wasn't that much of a stretch either. Just look on this forum...some are saying that they knew the others were after Walt but the peeps that thought they were after Aaron weren't that surprised it turned out to be Walt.

Like I said, the show was interesting to me but not any more interesting than any of the previous shows of the season. I think the Jin/Sun flashback and even Hurley's flashback was a better produced show. JMHO!

chick 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-26-05, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail chick Click to send private message to chick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The Others"
I agree totally. I was actually kinda dissapointed. I was at least expecting some answers, but I was really let down.

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "extra scene on GMA"
The deleted scene is just a scene with Charlie talking to Claire. Claire said she knew when she escaped from the Others they would try to come back and take her baby. Charlie said- oh so that's why you haven't named him.

that's it

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-26-05, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Plot lines for season 2:"
Here's my wild speculation:

The hatch leads to a series of tunnels that go all under the island. The explosions the "monster" made looked like they were coming from underground- as if someone were in the tunnel shooting up at the castaways. There didn't appear to be any smoke or fire during these explosions, so it could be blasts of air. The tunnels could also allow someone to appear or disappear out of nowhere like Ethan did all the time.

There was a ratchet noise when the "Monster" was dragging Locke. That indicates he was snared by a cable and it was reeling him in. The "Monster" also makes a noise very similar to blowing through a conch shell. This leads me to believe that the "Monster" is just a contraption used by the Others.

"Pilot" could indicate the pilot of the boat that took Walt, and not the pilot of the plane.

The Others are some kind of modern-day pirates that don't want the castaways to find out what they are doing. I would say drugs, but all the heroin wouldn't have been left in the cessna that crushed Boone. Unless we find out it is not good heroin. Whatever they are doing, money will be at the bottom of it. They want Walt because he will be able to "see" something for them- like into the future maybe- or to test whether or not someone buying their drugs is lying, etc.

Aside from all of that, the island does have some kind of mystical allure. This is a subplot to distract us from all the easily explained technical stuff outlined above.

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Season 2 - Jack vs. Locke"
I think Season 2 is primarily about Jack vs. Locke, man of science vs. man of faith, self-determination vs. fate. Everything else is window dressing for that. I think we were shown clear glimpses of where our main castaways go when those two sides split up. Kate, despite what she told Jack about having his back, is a fate person. So is Sun. I imagine Hurley and Charlie are there as well. Sayid, on the other hand, is clearly self-determination. So are Claire and Michael. Jin handing the watch to Michael indicates to me that he feels he can determine his own destiny. I'm not sure where Sawyer falls.

Window Dressing Things:

I think Vincent plays some role in rescuing Walt. I think that's why, ultimately, for plot purposes he had to stay on the island.

I think there are other survivors of the crash. We didn't see Michelle Rodriguez at all last night. I can't imagine they got her just to play one quick scene in a bar with Jack. I'm betting she's back next season. Perhaps when the Michael, Sawyer, and Jin get to shore, they find the tail section people?

calamityc 1041 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-26-05, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail calamityc Click to send private message to calamityc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Plot lines for season 2:"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-05 AT 11:36 AM (EST)

I have been reading posts all morning, so forgive me if I don't remember which poster first said something. Whoever coined pirates for the "others" hit the impression they give off very well. But I don't think they are traditional pirates because they don't go after what we think they would. They left the heroin (already noted) and they also left all the goods Sawyer was able to scavenge from the plane.

Known: They want children, but for now they have left turniphead. Now how did they feed Alex when she was taken as a newborn? I thought they might have left turniphead until he didn't need to nurse, but they took Alex..so that isn't why.

I also think alot of the season will be getting Walt back or Walt escaping. I also think we will now have 3 groups to keep up with. Walt and what is happening with the others, the branch that Locke leads, and the branch that Jack leads. Possibly even 4 if Jin et. al. wind up in another location. Sheesh!

05-26-05, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail chick Click to send private message to chick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Plot lines for season 2:"
Do we know how old Alex was when she was taken?? Maybe she was already 2 or 3??

AnaNg3 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-26-05, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AnaNg3 Click to send private message to AnaNg3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Plot lines for season 2:"
Danielle said she had Alex for a week. So she was a baby.

I agree. I think that next season will focus on Walt getting back/ escaping. I'd like to see Vincent helping him return.

I also see the divide coming Jack's reference to a "Locke problem" means that there's going to be a split.

I hope that they expolore the island some more and we see the other castaways

We won't know the true purpose of the hatch for a long time.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Plot lines for season 2:"
Has anyone considered that the chick on the Others-Boat might be Alex?

Ventilation goes HERE.

Tiger Lily 1679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-28-05, 02:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Yep."
That was my first thought too.

05-28-05, 07:48 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Plot lines for season 2:"
>Has anyone considered that the chick
>on the Others-Boat might be
>Alex?
>
>
>Ventilation goes HERE.
>

I agree, has to be Alex. This is the one to watch for.

JustLis 25 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-05, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JustLis Click to send private message to JustLis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Plot lines for season 2:"
But my gosh, she looks WAY older than 16.....

Lis

mommy2bree 253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-30-05, 01:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mommy2bree Click to send private message to mommy2bree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Plot lines for season 2:"
I thought the same thing...no WAY is she sixteen, unless the island does crazy things to people's aging process, too...but who knows with this place...and who knows with Danielle? She could have actually been there longer than 16 years, I suppose.

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-30-05, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Plot lines for season 2:"
LAST EDITED ON 05-30-05 AT 03:45 PM (EST)

Speculation on the ABC boards is that the blonde on the boat may be Joanna, the swimmer that supposedly drowned but whose body was never found. When Kate burned the picture on Joanna's passport, the photo showed a blonde woman. Maybe The Others picked up Joanna at sea and brainwashed her into becoming an accmomplice (not unlike what happened to Patty Hearst!).

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Plot lines for season 2:"
On the ABC boards there is some discussion that LOST is similar to the storyline of the old Sci-Fi movie Forbidden Planet.

I'm not really all that familar with that movie other than it's the Robby The Robot one.

pax 56 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-05, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pax Click to send private message to pax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Plot lines for season 2:"
LAST EDITED ON 06-01-05 AT 02:34 AM (EST)

I still think we're looking at some looming battle between Good and Evil. don't forget the early parallels to Stephen King's "The Stand." that could explain taking Walt, since his powers could be the deciding factor.

-oops- corrected to The Stand. too many stevie king books runnin' round in my brain.

05-30-05, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mommy2bree Click to send private message to mommy2bree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Plot lines for season 2:"
I've heard it compared to The Stand, but not to The Shining. But I guess Locke is kind of like Jack in that...nuts as could be. =)

calamityc 1041 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-27-05, 03:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail calamityc Click to send private message to calamityc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Plot lines for season 2:"
Also from spoilerfix:
Lindelof: The words that Boone heard are definitely, "We're the survivors of Flight 815." That's also what Boone said, so it's up to the extrapolation as to whether or not his own words were being bounced back to him. Or is that transmission coming from somebody else claiming to be a survivor of Flight 815? "If the season finale is about what they do to open up the hatch, I think it'd be fair to say that Season 2, at least in the beginning, functions on the axis of what they find inside. And how that revelation changes things." Source: TV Guide Online

But then again, who knows how far we will be into the season before they find out! May sweeps?

05-27-05, 08:26 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Plot lines for season 2:"
I seriously thought the final scene would be some type of confirmation that some of the people in the tail end of the plane survived. Why have something so big occur during a regular show? The finale would be perfect for something like this.

I think season 2 is not going to be about getting back Walt, getting to the bottom of the hatch and the three men on the boat getting back to the island.

06-03-05, 11:04 AM (EST)
35. "Tina Wesson (survivor) to play Alex"
If Tina is to play Alex I believe that was Alex on the boat throwing the molatov cocktail. How are they going to explain the age though? We are expecting Alex to be in her late teens. Clearly Tina is in her 40's and looks it.

06-03-05, 11:21 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Tina Wesson (survivor) to play Alex"
Where did you get that Tina would play Alex? I posted that the person on the boat looked like Tina but I wasn't suggesting it was her.

06-03-05, 02:02 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Tina Wesson (survivor) to play Alex"
LAST EDITED ON 06-03-05 AT 02:04 PM (EST)

IMDB

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411008/guests

scroll to the bottom for season 2 genesis 1 guest appearances.

Looks like you caught that was ahead of everyone else vols.

RealityMom 560 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-04-05, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityMom Click to send private message to RealityMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Tina Wesson (survivor) to play Alex"
I just checked the site. Talk about going from the sublime to the ridiculous- Samuel L. Jackson and Tina Wesson. Those are two names I never expected to see in the same sentence. Tina seems like such novelty casting. I can't imagine why Abrams would have chosen her. I wonder if she contacted him and asked to appear, saying what a big fan she is. Out of curiosity, I entered "Alias" on the site, to see if it listed the cast for the first episode of next season. As of yesterday, it didn't. I also looked up "Desperate Housewives" (I know that's another producer, but I wanted to see if another show gave a future cast listing) again, nothing. So, it's hard to know if this is just fooling with the fans, or legitimate. It certainly will keep us guessing, since on one hand, it confirms Alex's presence but also because Tina is so much older than we expected Alex to be.

06-03-05, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Tina Wesson (survivor) to play Alex"
I can't find it, but one of the things we were told prior to the end of the season was that although Rousseau began the transmission 16 years ago, that doesn't mean she came to the island 16 years ago.

06-03-05, 10:15 PM (EST)
40. "How reliable is IMD?"
I mean this sounds so silly now. It almost is like someone has been reading message boards and is messing with the fans!

How does IMD get their info and why haven't we heard about this anywhere else?

I smell something fishy here!

06-03-05, 10:29 PM (EST)
41. "RE: How reliable is IMD?"
I agree...this does sound strange. Does anyone visit other message boards? What are other message boards saying. I don't visit them so I have no clue.

06-03-05, 11:40 PM (EST)
42. "RE: How reliable is IMD?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-03-05 AT 11:45 PM (EST)

The site has been know to have errors. Samuel L. Jackson was listed for exodus and we know he was not in the last epi. It's now been deleted from the site.

06-04-05, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: How reliable is IMD?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-04-05 AT 02:01 PM (EST)

I agree with zombie. It's almost as though someone above is reading the boards and messing with us. Someone reported that the person on the raft *looked* like Tina Wesson and all of a sudden her name is listed in the credits? C'mon. I think the coincidence is suspect.

Now Samuel L. Jackson's name is gone, and new names have appeard. Does anyone know if this is for real?

RealityMom 560 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-04-05, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityMom Click to send private message to RealityMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: How reliable is IMD?"
You're right! Samuel L. Jackson's name is gone. I'm so glad we all saw it or I'd have thought it was crazy. Now they're listing a "young Kate" which must mean younger than 18, because Evangeline could certainly play the part from 17 or 18 to the present. So this may mean a really back, backstory. Or, again, just fooling with us.

06-04-05, 04:09 PM (EST)
46. "RE: How reliable is IMD?"
The IMDB is one of the most reliable sources of information available regarding TV and Movies. Their information regarding productions that have already wrapped is almost always spot on. However, they themselves say that their information regarding productions in progress is subject to change.

Based on the info at IMDB, the Season 2 premiere is scheduled for Wednesday, September 21. (It's going to be another two-hour, two-episode thing.) While they wouldn't necessarily be in production yet for the premiere, they will have to be soon. (Assuming at most two months between filming and airing.) They would certainly be in the casting and contracting process.

(As a side note, someone mentioned the listing for young Kate in the Season 2 premiere. If you'll scroll back up, you'll see that the actress listed is the same actress who provided the voice of young Kate in Born To Run.)

I can't imagine they would list someone based solely on comments they found (or someone sent them) from a message board. Further, I can't imagine they would list anyone without having some confirmation from some source. Finally, specifically regarding Tina, if the woman on the boat was supposed to be Alex, and it was Tina, then there has already been a scene filmed with her in that role. That means that somewhere, someplace, there has to be a credit listing her with the Screen Actors Guild and there has to be a contract someplace that she signed with the production company. Therefore, if the woman on the boat was Alex, then I would be pretty confident in saying the woman was Tina W.

And think about it like this - you could cast Tina Wesson in a small part, have her appear on screen without speaking, and most everyone in the world would miss it or not recognize who it was. But because of the nature of this site, and the many people here who are Survivor fanatics, it couldn't escape notice.

06-04-05, 08:17 PM (EST)
47. "Inside joke too?"
Funny also that she is the winner of the Survivor Outback.

Thanks for the info. Just seemed weird on the timing and all. Also the fact that they took Samuel L. Jackson off as well. I am suprised that they would "let it slip" so early that was indeed Alex on the boat.

06-07-05, 09:27 AM (EST)
51. "RE: How reliable is IMD?"
Something that stands out about Tina as Alex. IMDB has her listed as playing Alex in Genesis I. We have associated her with the woman on the boat in Exodus III. Why is she not listed as Alex on IMDB guest appearance on Exodus III?

06-03-05, 03:27 PM (EST)
39. "Black Smoke"
I don't think we are given any information that is just coincidence, but it occured to me the other night that many of the monsters manifestations are as black smoke and the Others use black smoke to announce there coming. Hmmmm.

FunTimeLost One 85 desperate attention whore postings

06-04-05, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FunTimeLost%20One Click to send private message to FunTimeLost%20One Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Black Smoke"
Hi yall, sorry I've been gone so long, life has a way of upsetting the boat, lose of job, wedding plans, finding new job, computer crashings and such.

Anyway, a thought to the idea of Tina Wesson being Alex. Maybe Sawyer, Jin and Mike wash up on shore of the next Survivor taping, Survivor All-Stars II. Of course this would be the first time in history you would have a crossover of shows on different networks, crossing genres (drama crossing into reality tv).

"Sometimes I only say these things to make myself laugh." Me

threetowers 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-05-05, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail threetowers Click to send private message to threetowers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "My Take On Next Season"
LAST EDITED ON 06-05-05 AT 06:49 PM (EST)

Walt is akin to the kid in the Twilight Zone or Shinning, in what he imagines materializes.

Examples: Game Boy at airport, man running thru jungle. Lost first episode, begins with Jack running thru jungle. Comic book polar bear, polar bear on island. IMO, Locke’s ability to walk is due to Walt.

Walt warned them not to open the hatch. Whatever is in Walt’s imagination that is in the hatch will be in that hatch.

The Other’s want Walt because they know he is special, how they know this is unclear to me at this point, however, I’m sure it has to do with the “spy” Ethan who probably reported back to the Other’s. IMO Ethan’s ability to recognize Walt’s talents would be similar to Locke’s ability to recognize Walt’s talents. Beginning episodes Locke told Walt he was special and will do special things. (Similar again to The Shinning).

Black smoke: We saw black smoke moving around several times in the last episodes. I don’t believe this is some sort of entity, but rather exhaust from something mechanical. Although the smoke moved one way at first then the other way, ultimately dissolving. Danielle said she saw black smoke and then the Other’s came and took Alex. This leads me to believe again that the black smoke is exhaust from some sort of underground contraption.

The “rescue” boat the Other’s drove was powered by fuel. Someone mentioned gas. I’d like to suggest coal. This would be consistent with the black smoke we’ve been seeing. Perhaps coal is a source of fuel on that island. Perhaps the hatch is an exit point to underground tunnels, where things mechanical, powered by coal can be found, perhaps also powered vehicles.

But remember what I said first. Whatever Walt imagines to be in the hatch will be in the hatch, and it will be something scary! So this black smoke could now materialize to be some sort of entity, although that was not its original intent. But Walt can make it that way. Hurley too did not want the hatch opened when he saw his bad luck lottery numbers printed on the hatch. We will anticipate something nasty, but probably won’t see the payoff immediately.

The goons on the powered boat. They are just goons, not the guys in charge. IMDB says the girl on the boat is Alex played by Tina Wesson. Perhaps, perhaps not. Things to consider. All the goons on the boat, including Tina were roughly the same age. If Tina is biologically 16 years of age, perhaps the goons are as well, We know that Danielle claims she was a member of a science expedition, some sort of biological disease broke out which forced her to kill all the members of her team. The disease perhaps is an aging disease. (If Walt knows of this disease, expect the black smoke to carry a disease.) If I'm right about this, expect Walt to return older.

Remember a couple things. When Danielle was told her transmissions were 16 years old, she didn’t believe she had been on the island that long. I cannot remember how they determined that the transmissions were 16 years old, but perhaps there was a miscalculation? Or perhaps she said the date in the recording? Regardless, we know Danielle has a screw loose, she may or may not have been on the island for a CONTINUEOUS 16 years, she may have returned to the island in the plane crash, and has no memory of ever leaving. Her transmission for help could be a new transmission, but her time frame somewhat askew. Regardless, 16 years stranded on an island all alone should have seemed longer to her, not shorter.

Both Ethan and Danielle wanted Claire’s baby. We don’t know Ethan’s motive for wanting the baby, but we know Danielle’s motive. Assume two different reasons. Claire named the baby Aaron, to you bible folk, Aaron was the brother of Moses who spoke for Moses and instigated several of the 10 plagues. To you animation fans, the Claire Bible is a device one usues to communicate with the gods. (There is little know animated series called “Slayers,” which takes place in one of the four worlds that rests on the Sea of Chaos. A bible, actually named The Claire Bible, found in the “Slayers Next” storyline, suggests that the Sea of Chaos is not a thing, but a living being, and that the four worlds in the Sea of Chaos are all part of that being. Also existing in all four worlds is a being known as the Lord of Nightmares, who make nightmares a reality.) Locke has said several times that the island they are on is a living being and in early episodes of Lost people were afraid to go to sleep because their nightmares would become a reality. Expect Aaron via Claire (ala Aaron via Moses) to do good things, which Ethan tried to stop. And so, if I'm right about this, again, expect Walt to return older, ala Moses.

Michael, Sawyer, and Jin all stranded in the water 15 miles from the island. They should be able to get back to their island if nothing in the water eats them first. I imagine they will have logs they can use as a flotation device. Sawyer’s wound didn’t appear to be fatal, looked like a shoulder, but his blood may attract sharks however, so no one may survive, although I do not anticipate this.

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-05, 02:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: My Take On Next Season"

Interesting catch on the Tina Wesson appearance, but she is not listed in the final episode of the season, rather she is listed for the premiere episode of season 2.

The ABC Lost summary says "Another man on the boat throws something on the raft and before we know it, the whole thing explodes.", but they may be trying to mislead us.

06-08-05, 05:59 PM (EST)
52. "No More Tina"
Now Tina Wesson's name has been deleted from the IMDb site, too.

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-05, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: No More Tina"

They took off September's premiere, so that's one reason her name isn't on there.

Silvergirl

Life is Good!

pax 56 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-05, 02:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pax Click to send private message to pax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "redemption challenges?"
i was thinking that if one of the first-season themes was redemption (charlie kicking heroin, boone getting over shannon, locke getting his legs back, michael learning to be a father, etc), maybe they're setting up season 2 to have everyone's redemption challenged. there's a planeload of heroin to tempt charlie, locke's legs are failing and michael's son has been kidnapped. how will people deal with those challenges? will there be tough choices between white and black for everyone? do i recall correctly that one of the creative minds behind Lost said season 2 would be darker, and that jack might not be such a hero?

if this is indeed a running theme, i think it would solidify the concept that the producers are setting up a classic good-vs.-evil battle for the finale, whenever that is. is it a coincidence that they've been on the island 40 days and the bible says christ went into the wilderness for 40 days and nights?

one big question on redemption: what was Jack's inner fault/need for redemption? in his wedding vows, after his fiancee said jack had fixed her, he said she had fixed him. could it be that Jack, like his father, had a drinking or other problem that she helped him break and that he resumed when they split? he has carrying around a bottle on the night before his wedding, and the flight attendant on 815 gave him two little bottles of booze to go with the drink he already was knocking back.

also wonder if Locke's paralysis is the direct result of Hurley's bad luck somehow? he worked for a box company, and Hurley's lawyer mentioned -- when talking about the fatal shoe factory fire -- that he also had acquired a box factory.

i think all of these people have crossed paths at least once before the fateful flight, in more significant ways than just being in the same place at the same time (as with sawyer's presence in the australian police station).

09-15-05, 04:03 PM (EST)
58. "RE: redemption challenges?"

>
>also wonder if Locke's paralysis is
>the direct result of Hurley's
>bad luck somehow? he worked
>for a box company, and
>Hurley's lawyer mentioned -- when
>talking about the fatal shoe
>factory fire -- that he
>also had acquired a box
>factory.
>

I got my EW magazine this week and it has an advertisement for Lost. It's almost like trading cards with a picture of a character/item (like the hatch) on the front and a little season 1 synopsis on the back. Hurley's says something like "owns the box company that Locke works for"....I guess the speculation was correct!

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-05, 02:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "needed Plot line for season 2:"
What they need to explain is why Micheal took his son out on a boat ride that was either going to end in sending help or death, Just leave the kid back, and send help if you don't die.

marfan7 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-20-05, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail marfan7 Click to send private message to marfan7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Plot lines for season 2:"
I think that what happend was that the plane went back in time which explanes a lot of things.

(According to Einstiens theary of relativity it is possible to go back in time, because as you move towards the speed of light, time slows down until you go faster than the speed of light and you go back in time. However the problam is that as you go at the spped of light the energy that makes you go that fast turns in to mass).

One of the main thearies of being able to go back in time is through a black hole, because even light can't escape it.

So all those black things floting around on the island are gaps of the black hole.

And that is what is knocking down all those trees.

The signal has not been picked up and no-one came to rescue them because they are probably 50 years back.

Something has changed in time which should not have happend and the reason they all landed there is because they need to correct that part of time.

The hatch could be what would take them to the future back again.

The numbers which brings bad luck are something in time that needs to be ractfied

Could anyone else think of something of this theary

marfan7 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-20-05, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail marfan7 Click to send private message to marfan7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Plot lines for season 2:"
And also that French chick could be from somewhere in the future and is some connected to the lost people, maybe a daughter of Jack

09-21-05, 05:15 PM (EST)
59. "RE: Plot lines for season 2:"
Just something to add to "The Others" speculation. I read on eonline that (I believe it was) Sawyer said in an interview that one thing we should notice is that on the others' boat, there were identical twins. Seems like he was giving us a hint that this was something to keep in mind.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •