The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"QUESTION ABOUT THE MONEY"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Trading Spouses / Wife Swap Forum (Protected)
Original message

Jenoc99 102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-28-07, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jenoc99 Click to send private message to Jenoc99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"QUESTION ABOUT THE MONEY"
Does anyone know if the family has to stick to how the money was allocated 100%?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: QUESTION ABOUT THE MONEY AshLanie 01-29-07 1
 RE: QUESTION ABOUT THE MONEY deweydrop 01-29-07 2
   RE: QUESTION ABOUT THE MONEY nazpink 01-29-07 3
       RE: QUESTION ABOUT THE MONEY eire_heart74 01-29-07 4
           RE: QUESTION ABOUT THE MONEY AshLanie 01-30-07 5
               RE: QUESTION ABOUT THE MONEY nippick 01-30-07 6
                   RE: QUESTION ABOUT THE MONEY Jenoc99 01-31-07 7
                       RE: QUESTION ABOUT THE MONEY parachutes 02-01-07 8
                           RE: QUESTION ABOUT THE MONEY seas374 02-18-07 9
                               RE: QUESTION ABOUT THE MONEY Jadens Mommy 02-19-07 10
                               RE: QUESTION ABOUT THE MONEY Spanky68 02-19-07 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-29-07, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: QUESTION ABOUT THE MONEY"
>Does anyone know if the family
>has to stick to how
>the money was allocated 100%?
>

I've heard yes, it's part of their contract they sign.

Not sure what would happen though if they didn't. shrug

Like Margaret, if she doesn't do the marathon (Which at this point physically she is not in condition to do one) she doesn't get her share that was allocated. So, where does her money go to til she has *earned* it?

I disagree at times how the money is allocated....putting conditions on it in order to *earn* (get) it is wrong.....isn't being on the show the way these families earn the money?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

deweydrop 229 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-29-07, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail deweydrop Click to send private message to deweydrop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: QUESTION ABOUT THE MONEY"
LAST EDITED ON 01-29-07 AT 09:53 AM (EST)

Well - the first time Margurite (sp?) was on the show...didn't she rip up her letter?
so who knows where the money was SUPPOSED to go?

but didn't she use the 50k to have the by-pass surgery?

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-29-07, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: QUESTION ABOUT THE MONEY"
I agree, the conditions of getting the money is silly. I think they earn it when they go on the show. I also hate it when people make them spend it on stupid things, like the time one family had to donate money to a political leader!

After all the tearing up of the letter and shrieking, the show put up a little after the matter thing and I read that the wife who swapped gave her some money for the by-pass surgery as well as helping her daughter out on the dance school. I could be wrong though, it was awhile ago.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-29-07, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: QUESTION ABOUT THE MONEY"

>After all the tearing up of
>the letter and shrieking, the
>show put up a little
>after the matter thing and
>I read that the wife
>who swapped gave her some
>money for the by-pass surgery
>as well as helping her
>daughter out on the dance
>school. I could be wrong
>though, it was awhile ago.

Oh she took it all right. After they reaired that famous episode, they had a little write up at the end saying that she and her family did accept the money.

I take it she hasn't had the surgery yet but I surely hope that the daughter and her kid got out of that house.

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-30-07, 07:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: QUESTION ABOUT THE MONEY"
>
>>After all the tearing up of
>>the letter and shrieking, the
>>show put up a little
>>after the matter thing and
>>I read that the wife
>>who swapped gave her some
>>money for the by-pass surgery
>>as well as helping her
>>daughter out on the dance
>>school. I could be wrong
>>though, it was awhile ago.
>
>Oh she took it all right.
> After they reaired
>that famous episode, they had
>a little write up at
>the end saying that she
>and her family did accept
>the money.
>
>I take it she hasn't had
>the surgery yet but I
>surely hope that the daughter
>and her kid got out
>of that house.

I thought Margaret said at the beginning of the show (When they were showing her on the show last time) she had the operation and was down 62 pounds?

nippick 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-30-07, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nippick Click to send private message to nippick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: QUESTION ABOUT THE MONEY"
Margaret was on the tyra show and said that she had the bi past surgery.She hasn't lost much.

Jenoc99 102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-31-07, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jenoc99 Click to send private message to Jenoc99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: QUESTION ABOUT THE MONEY"
She did take the money and she did have the operation; is you see the pictures of her before and compare them to her now, you really can see the difference.
I thought that she was so much better in this new episode than on the first one- she controlled her temper and she walked away instead of engaging Abossi in his tantrum. I just think that the families should be able to use the money however they want, it is a shame for them all.

parachutes 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-01-07, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail parachutes Click to send private message to parachutes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: QUESTION ABOUT THE MONEY"
this show is crazy! people complain about the conditions they must meet to get their money, when they should be thankful they're getting any at all!

seas374 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-18-07, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seas374 Click to send private message to seas374 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: QUESTION ABOUT THE MONEY"
Don't the families have to pay tax on the money they receive? If so, are the allocated amounts adjusted for that or do the families have to come with the money to pay tax on it?

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-19-07, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: QUESTION ABOUT THE MONEY"
Good question. Don't know the answer, tho.

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-19-07, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: QUESTION ABOUT THE MONEY"
I would be stunned if they could avoid taxes on it.

Flashy sig by RollDdice

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •