The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Wife Swap March 6th episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Trading Spouses / Wife Swap Forum (Protected)
Original message

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-06-06, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Wife Swap March 6th episode"
Discuss here:
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode nazpink 03-06-06 1
   RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode Mama_Pita 03-07-06 2
       RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode ShadowArtist 03-07-06 5
           RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode ayoung 06-28-06 28
           Worshipping A Living Goddess ayoung 06-28-06 29
 RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode aquariaqueen 03-07-06 3
 RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode FOXmePUHLEEZ 03-07-06 4
   RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode ShadowArtist 03-07-06 6
       RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode nazpink 03-08-06 7
           RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode Janey57 03-08-06 8
               RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode ShadowArtist 03-08-06 10
                   RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode Janey57 03-08-06 11
           RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode ShadowArtist 03-08-06 9
               RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode babydoll4969 03-09-06 12
                   RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode ShadowArtist 03-09-06 13
                       RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode babydoll4969 03-10-06 14
                           RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode Janey57 03-10-06 15
                               RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode babydoll4969 03-11-06 17
                                   RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode babydoll4969 03-11-06 18
                                       RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode Janey57 03-11-06 19
                           RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode ShadowArtist 03-10-06 16
       RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode FOXmePUHLEEZ 03-12-06 20
           RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode Janey57 03-12-06 21
               RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode babydoll4969 03-12-06 22
                   RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode babydoll4969 03-12-06 23
                       RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode robynrit 03-12-06 24
                       RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode FOXmePUHLEEZ 03-12-06 26
                   RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode FOXmePUHLEEZ 03-12-06 25
           RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode Jenoc99 03-14-06 27
               RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode SneakingSallythrougtheAlley 07-01-06 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-06-06, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
I thought that this was a good swap and that both families really benefited from the experience.

I thought that the Wiccan family were good people but I felt they needed to base more focus on the family opposed to always concentrating on the coven. I'm not just saying this because of their choice of religion, because it doesn't bother me, I would say it about any family who was this involved in their church activities. I also thought that the home schooled girl really needed to spend more time on every day education opposed to the religion being the main emphasis, after all she can't get by on
Wiccan smarts only. I also thought it was great that the father was open to the new changes and the children were very respectful and plesant.

I also thought that the other family was overall good people with some twisted views on the roles of people. I thought it was ridiculous that the mother only owned two pairs of pants and pretty much wore all her husbands shirts while he clearly had enough clothing. I also thought it was terrible that she had to ask for money. The worse thing was that this woman acted like it was all ok. I don't see anything wrong with staying home and taking care of the home and family because I do the same thing but it doesn't mean one has to be more like the worker opposed to a member of the family. I'm glad to see that the husband and son realized how they were being. As far as the coloring on the walls,hell no I wouldn't have agreed with that either. What's wrong with expressing oneself through art on paper?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Mama_Pita 122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-07-06, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mama_Pita Click to send private message to Mama_Pita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
I thought both familys were interesting. Of the kids, I couldnt figure out if they were boys or girls, Usually you can tell by the names, it wasnt until cheerleading practice that I realized they were girls, Now that little girl with the brown hair I thought was pretty good at cheerleading, I felt bad that they had no friends, and that thier mother made them go on pretend rides on an imaginary broom, and makes them believe in PIXIES???? Those kids need real schooling, How will they ever make a living in the real world. As for the other family, that women is a darn SLAVE. Ill be darned if i gotta ask for money everytime i needed something. Yet he could spend it as he pleased no questions asked. Those days were over in the 50's, and she rubs his feet daily, ugh, i get tired of looking at my other half after a long day of housework, i certainly dont want to rub your stinky feet. Give me some money so i can get a massage.

ShadowArtist 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-07-06, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShadowArtist Click to send private message to ShadowArtist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
--------------This is For All That Read This Forum----------

It was mentioned that the the children *do* go to school, only one of the daughter's is home schooled. Having instruction in mathematics, science, reading,etc she needs as well.

IMO (In my opinion) if the daughters of the Wiccan mom were not really interested in cheerleading, that is ok if they are genuinely interested in cheerleading. (Although IMO, they are far far too young to be learning to be cheerleaders at such a young age.)

IMO it is not neccessary for them to try and be preppy cheerleader types, they should not be pushed into that unless they expressed an interest in that in the first place.

Being "different" or living a different lifestyle or spiritual path with their parents is NOT *bad.*

Though IMO trying to pretend or act and dress like somthing they really are not is unhealthy. The kids should be allowed to discover who they are overtime.

FYI, the mom does not "make them" "go on pretend broom rides" or "makes them believe in pixies". I never once heard any of those children say "my mom makes me do this" or "makes me believe in pixies".

FYI 1) What they are doing is a very unorthodox method of *astral projection* i.e. mind and word directed Semi-O.B.E (Out-of-bodie Experience) they are *NOT* literally "riding a broom".

The Broom is just being used as a mental Focus and Grounding of any excess, random "energy" (aether/Ch'i/Pranna/Manna/Quintessnese). Though using a broom s as a method for Focus and Grouding is not a part of true religion of Wicca.

In *some* Varient Pathss (Traditions) of Wicca; a Broom a.k.a a Bosom is actually used for Spiritual *Cleansing* of Sacred Space (an area prepared and consecrated for sacred spiritual ritual), the Bosom is used to sweep away any remnant erratic or harmful emotional vibrations or inerrant threads of "Energy."

The "Fairies" mention by the children are Fae/Fay/Fey of Celtic "Folk Lore" and "mythology", they are natual Spirits of different aspects or items of nature, not "Pixies", Pixies are lesser Fae native to Scotland and Ireland. Some native americans call them the the "Tree People"...

Local micro-manifestations of the spirits of plants, trees, a plot of earth are a type of lesser Fae (nature spitits). But such can be very fickle, hyper-active and sometimes "mean" and like to play tricks and trigger bits of bad luck. Being on good terms with them is better that making them mad.

If the Wiccan mom and her children choose to believe in and show respect to and spiritually "communicate" with "Faeries" or "Pixies" or any plants or even Trees; that is their right, and is the right of any Wiccan, Neo-Wiccan, or any other modern day Pagan. Such is NO different than believing in Saints and Angels. Freedom of Religion applies to all religions, not only or any "one true religion". Wicca IS a federally recognized
religion.

Search "Wicca" at www.religioustolerance.org for more information.

The terrible editing and total lack of showing the Wiccan father or the mother giving any simple explaination of any uncoventional Neo-Wiccan or any Wiccan practices or believes did a massive and disrepectful disservice to the religion of Wicca and it's 500,000 adherents in the U.S. that are serious about real Wicca, and not watered down "Fluffy Bunny" varients of Wicca.

The Wiccan family seem to be very Neo-Wiccan, diverging from the orginal religion of Wicca in several ways. Seeming to be a varient of "Neo-Wicca" or what could be called "revisionist" mix-n-match "Wicca".

The BIGGIST flaw was the over-emphasis of the Wiccan mother on "The Goddess" and totally dismissing "The God" that IS an essential aspect of the honering of Deity/The Divine in Wicca. The God is the "Yang" and all it encompasses, "the Goddess" is the "Yin" and all it encompasses, each one having some of the aspects of the other.

Together they form a natural balace between Life and Death, Order and Chaos, creation and entropy and much more in a wide metaphysical spectrum of an Abstract Polarties of complementary contrasts; they are NOT "opposites" as they are a part of each other and not in conflict with each other. Conflict results when there is an over-emphasis of one aspect over another. i.e. an over-excessive focus on "Yin"/"The Goddess" and dissmissing the "Yang"/"The God".

"Masucline energy" is not a "bad" "energy" when tempered and forged with compassion, wisdom and intellegence. An over-abundance of random and unfettered "macho" emotional resonance is "messy" and can be irradic(sp?) but is easily balanced out over time through various metaphysical and socialogical methods.

Real Wicca is *supposed* to be fairly egalitarian, it does NOT include a man being subserviant or unhealthly being submissive to a woman or "worshiping her as a goddess".

Wicca has at it's very heart is about striving toward and accomplishing a balanced PARTNERSHIP, and the union of the spiritual-sacred "masculine" with the
sacred-spiritual "feminine"; and then striving to live in some way an egalatarian way of life that is respectful of Life and women as well as men.

Essential to the guideline "advice-creed" of Wicca that states "And It Harm None, Do What Thou Willt(sp?)" Means take responsibilty for one's choices and actions, endeavor to not take actions that hurt or harm others or yourself within reason. This does NOT rule out Self-Defence Nor does it rule out assertivness.

Only focusing on, worshiping/honoring/revereing just "the goddess" is *Goddess Worship* and a type of Matrifocul Monotheism. That is not Wicca, that's pseudo-Wicca.

Whereas real Wicca is Duothestic, Polytheistic, Pantheistic, and partly animistic (belief in two main deties, AND belief in many gods and spirits inherint in nature and the Universe/Multiverse).

The "Wiccan" family is NOT a a good representation of essential Wicca, but seemily a kind of quasi-new-agey varient of "Neo Wicca" that looses a lot of it's essential aspects and facets in a kind of mish-mash of mix-n-match version of Wicca.

The "Wiccan" father disrepected his religion, his coven members by breaking that plate of unity and prosperity.

It was *uneccessary* for him to totally ban the coven members from coming over. Limit the visits to once or twice a week would of been far better.

Breaking the plate, and then banning them completely was *Not* appropriate or warrented.

Yes He should spend time with all his kids and the whole family, yes, but to break the spiritual bonds with his coven members.

That is metaphorically/metaphysically like a Pastor burning down his own Church and telling the all the members of that church to go F*** off. It is rude, inconsiderate, highly disrepectful, and needlessly destructive in the social and spiritual sense.

The whole episode was disappointing IMO. And IMNHO the slave-like mother was completely RUDE and INTOLERANT, and Disrepectful of the "Wiccan" family spiritual practices and beliefs.

The Wiccan mother did not ever say to the metal-working father or his kids "Jesus And God is all ridiculous and unrealistic, Christians are living in a Fantasy World!"

NO Wiccan, NO Pagan of practically any non-Christian spiritual path/religion would yell that to children of or a Christian family of deep faith.

FAITH is a part of Neo-Wicca, Wicca, and most Pagan spiritual paths/religions; Faith is not only the perview of Monotheistic/Abrhamic or Judeo-Christian religions.

Sorry for the long post. Needed to be posted.

ayoung 2 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-06, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ayoung Click to send private message to ayoung Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
Does anyone know how to find a Goddess like Bella who will let me worship Her? I think this is a wonderful way to express the adoration of Divine Feminine power and wisdom.
Aaron

ayoung 2 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-06, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ayoung Click to send private message to ayoung Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Worshipping A Living Goddess"
Does anyone know how to find a Goddess like Bella who will let me worship Her? I think this is a wonderful way to express the adoration of Divine Feminine power and wisdom.
Aaron

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-07-06, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
I was really thrilled how this episode worked out...probably one of the few sucess stories....

The wiccan father almost brought me to tears at the end...glad he wants to be a father! With less coven involvement, maybe he can work better hours and be home with the family more.

Now if they only got 50k to divvy up, I wonder how that would have been done....

Oh, and that was cool when the wiccan dad (Ken, maybe) broke the plate, even Allison thought that might have been a little overboard!!!

FOXmePUHLEEZ 172 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-06, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FOXmePUHLEEZ Click to send private message to FOXmePUHLEEZ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
It really spooked me when the man from the coven said to the new wife that he could visit Bella(what was her name?) by projecting astrally. Then he described a part of the new wife's house and he wasn't wrong. S P O O K Y!!!

03-07-06, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShadowArtist Click to send private message to ShadowArtist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
What would call drinking Wine "transformed" into the blood of some Holy Man you never met in person, and eathing a waffer that the Priest told you was part of his body. Would you think it was "spooky"?

From the P.O.V. of a person that was never Catholic, and did not fully understand Communion, the "eating of the body and blood of Christ" can be "creepy" as well (sounding like a kind of Canibblism) when only given some of half the information/ explaination of the practice.

IMO There's nothing "spooky" about Clairovoyance or Astral Projection, it's only "spooky" when it's not fully understood.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-08-06, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
I didn't find any of the beliefs of the Wiccans to be spooky. If one is not exposed to those with abilities or the type of religion being practiced it can feel a bit "weird", but overall the religion of Wicca itself is more about a balance between humans and nature, at least that's what I got out of my readings. I thought the new mom could have kept an open mind rather than to push it away and dismiss it.

I do agree that the family needed more time with just themselves but I don't think it was necessary to ban members of the coven who are also friends to these people. I also didn't agree with the father breaking the plate which makes me wonder if maybe he's not a true believer of the religion and has just gone along with it?

You know I just don't like to see people looked upon poorly or have their religion dismissed, especially since it wasn't hurting anyone. The only changes I could see needing to happen was more family involvement and the fact that the homeschooled girl needed a little more help with her regular schooling.

Janey57 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-08-06, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Janey57 Click to send private message to Janey57 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-06 AT 11:26 AM (EST)

I don't think the reason Alison was being disrespectful of their religion was because it was not mainstream. I think it was because -

1. They weren't really practicing Wicca, as has been stated before. It seemed like they were practicing "Harry Potterism". It's hard to respect that as a legitimate religion.

2. If they were a Christian family who worshipped the father as a representative of God (not unheard of) and who had members of their congregation in the house at all hours, taking time away from the kids, it would be every bit as bad.

I felt really bad for that little girl when she said that other kids thought what they did was "weird". While I don't believe in conforming for conformity's sake, I also think it's borderline abusive to steep your kids so deeply in fantasy and off-beat ideas that they can no longer relate to their peers.

(Edited to clarify a confusing sentence.)

03-08-06, 03:56 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
She broke a consecrated implement, possible a Wand. Which is alternative to using a Athame (a knife consecrated and used as a focus to draw an "Energy" Circle to denote an area of sacred space, and sometimes used to energetically-spiritually create a boundry of protection against inerrant or harmful/hurtful emotional resonance from sources outside the Circle.

Her picking up that most likely spiritually purified, consecrated and imbued implement, and then breaking to pieces was disrespectful and hateful.

It like if some one grabed the bowl of communion waffers and then put them in a blender, choped them up and then dumped the stuff in the garbage.

She then called their spiritual beliefs "fantasy." For those reasons, IMO she was being disrespectful.

She doesn't know jack squat about Wicca, she as many people do, assumed it was "seance stuff" and/or "devil worship" when she first arrived at the house.

Anyone with even a small amount of familiarity with Wicca knows it has *nothing* do to with "devil worship."

-the only remotely "harry Potter" type stuff was the
non-typical use of the Bosom(broom) as a Focus and "Grounding" tool for AStral Projection; as most Wiccans or any other practioners of Astral Projection or "Path Working" do *not* use a broom/Bosom for such.

The mental-spiritually created Thought-Form imbued Poppet-Statue being called a "house elf" was somewhat
"Harry Potter-ish" in Name *only.*

Some real-life Witches (many that are NOT any kind of Wiccan, but follow their own spiritual path or religion) sometimes, *some* real-life Witches or Practioners of Magick *do* create an Energy Thought-Form (called a Servitor or Homunculus, etc.), and may *sometimes* use a physical Fetter (focal-point object) for "housing" the created Thought-Form entity.

Calling the Fetter or the created entity a "house elf" is dumb, as Elfs(Ailfs) are/were Fae(Nature Spirits) local to Nordic countries/Norse cultures and typically would NOT be subserviant Servants doing house cleaning for someone.

"House Poppet" would of a better name for it. An actual fae would be very, very angry at a person (that by way of Magick) who made it so that the Fae would be tethered to a physical Fetter.
All those free lesser Fae in their yard will retaliate in many sublte to no-so-suttle ways (bad luck, rapidily withering plants, attracting lots of insects, many intances of "Murphy's Law" etc....)

Fae or "elfs" do not tolerate having their kind being forced into servitude.

Though Created Energy Thought-Form entities can be asked to help in *spirtual/metaphysical* "Cleansing" of areas of one's house but actual *physical* cleaning is quite a bit of a stretch.

Servitors should NOT be expected to manipulate physical objects in physical reality on the level of house cleaning; such as washing dishes or somesuch.
Servitors are *not* anywhere near that powerful;they are NOT telekineic "Hulks", nor can the manifest to the level of being fully coporeal (having a physical body).
To expect the "house 'elf" Servitor to do such is really inappropriate and anti-pragmatic IMO.

>>>>>>>>>2. If they were a Christian family who worshipped the father as a representative of God (not unheard of) and who had members of their congregation in the house at all hours, taking time away from the kids, it would be every bit as bad.<<<<<<<<

Wiccans have no church, the whole Earth;the land, sea, sky, everything in nature is in-a-sense the "church" for many Wiccans.

The home of the High Priestess and/or the home of the High Priest can be used as a location for coven meet-ups or for Sabbat ritual (holy day ceremonies).

I do agree that the coven members/friends should not be hanging out at the home for long hours IF that is what they where really doing. (IMO, hard for me to tell with the crummy editing of the episode.)

Meet-up visits should of been limited to a few hours at like once or twice a week IMO.

I don't think they (either the parents or the coven memebers/family friends) intended to "take time away from the kids.

The "Wiccan" father having to work long hours at his job contributed more to that than the coven members/family friends. His either getting better paying work, and/or altering his work schedule would help him to have some time to spend with his kids.

Banning all the family friends/coven members from the central coven meet-up location without discussing it with them was overboard IMO.

The "wiccan" family did *seem* somewhat "fluffy bunny" to me though, their choice of word and dumbed-down or semi-fantasy like terms or explainations;
seem to indicate they are sort of a Quasi-Neo-Wicca with "Fluffy Bunny" overtones.

The "Wiccan" mother and father still have a *lot* more to learn about real Wicca it seems IMO.

Many serious Wiccans that may of seen the episode were either laughing at some the silliness, or shaking their heads in disappointment.

For more info:

"What is a 'Fluffy Bunny' ?"

http://wicca.timerift.net/fluffy.html

http://wicca.timerift.net/

03-08-06, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Janey57 Click to send private message to Janey57 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
****An actual fae would be very, very angry... All those free lesser Fae in their yard will retaliate...Fae or "elfs" do not tolerate having their kind being forced into servitude.
...Servitors should NOT be expected to manipulate physical objects in physical reality on the level of house cleaning; such as washing dishes or somesuch.
Servitors are *not* anywhere near that powerful;they are NOT telekineic "Hulks", nor can the manifest to the level of being fully coporeal (having a physical body).
To expect the "house 'elf" Servitor to do such is really inappropriate and anti-pragmatic IMO.****

Hmm. Well, okay then.

03-08-06, 02:30 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
In some Wicca based Traditions (i.e. varient religion/spiritul path with Wicca as a basis) balance between humans and nature is just one aspect of Wicca, though that is not the only "over-arching" aspect. I was Wiccan for ever 8 years, and been Eclectic Pagan for over 13 year, so I know a heck of a lot about it.

In some Traditions, simply being mindful, respectful of nature and a person natural place and connection to nature is one of the main spiritual emphasises(sp?). In terms of *deity* i.e The Divine, and a persons connection to the divine aspect of Nature, a connection to and deep respect and reverence to the "Goddess" AND "the God" in typically emphazised(sp?) Unless the variet is some kind of "Neo Wicca" or "Fluffy Bunny" Goddess Worship being masked as "Wicca."

babydoll4969 6 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-06, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail babydoll4969 Click to send private message to babydoll4969 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
I thought the wiccan family was extremely dirty. who lives with roaches? And did you see all that filthy laundry in the bathroom? And what about when the clean mom dumped that horrible icky nasty water into the toilet? Who makes their children live like that? Nobody is faulting anyone for their religious beliefs. They are being faulted for having their children live that way. That one daughter is being dis serviced by only learning magic all day. Is that even legal? not once did i ever see that other mom be disrespectful. she obviously was showing concern for the children. and what about the wiccan mom? Who in the hell cries because they have to wash a dish or two? I am sure she was missing her house elf, but come on that was no reason to cry. And really its no ones business if the other mom asks her husband for money. Not evey woman is money hungry. I am the same way. My husband works and I take care of our house and 4 children. I think it is about time some of the traditional values came back into place here in America. Everyone is so busy trying to keep up with the Jones' they forget about what is really important. IMO it's your children and your relationship with your partner. IMO IMO IMO IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03-09-06, 02:56 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-06 AT 04:55 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-09-06 AT 04:51 PM (EST)

It was dumb for the "Wiccan" mom to expect a non-phyiscal entity to actually do physical house work. Most *serious* Wiccans *DO* clean their house and keep it clean.

She was crying about having to be in essense, subserviant in general in that family, it was not just about washing the dishes.

The blonde mom did show disrepect, I explained how in my post, please read it.

Just as a person doesn't pee all over communion wavers or break a sacramental chalice in half, it is very VERY wrong to pick up a consecrated tool like a Wand, staff, etc... and just break it to pieces. While they are just tools for focusing concentration and such, they should not be treated like meaningless or useless garbage IMO!

And then she called the family's belief in Fae ("faeries") all "Fantasy World crap" or some such IS *disrepectful.* Showing concern for the children is fine and was warranted, but she took some things a bit too far IMNHO.

IMO, and IME, Just because a person doens't fully understand, dislikes or disbelieves in the arts of Magick or the doesn't like or believe in the beliefs of any varient of Wicca or New-agey Hodge-podge does not excuse her destructive actions or from insulting those beliefs by calling them "fantasy" or a "fantasy world." Actual *real* Wicca is no such thing.

Traditional values can be important, and a healthy relationship between spouses and their children are important. Though not all families can live the ideal "nuclear family" lifestyle. IMO.

The show was badly edited IMV, and done in such a way to promote the most "shocking" or "unusual" just to attract and entertain viewers.

It's really sad IMO, a more balanced, serious and
well-grounded Wiccan family with sensible values would probably too "boring" to the show's targeted audiance I think.

One of the things that is disappointing to me is that the "Wiccan" family (whom are practically not really Wiccan at all) are NOT a good example of how many actual Wiccan families are like.

Due to the fact that many Wiccan families DO have many "traditional values" or their own set of reasonable, sensible, and practical family and social values.

It was mentioned that the home-schooled daughter was being taught Herbology, which tends to include basic botany and some biologly based sciences, so she was not "only" learning the arts of Magick.

Additional academic lesson/tutoring are neccessary as well.

The "Wiccan" family should be focusing more on their children and their relationships with each other, but IF they are serious about their spiritual path or religion, they should NOT be tossed out entirely either IMO.

Restructuring things, and doing some futher spiritual exploration and learning about actual Wicca can still be a part of their family lifestyle IMNHO.

Addendum:

The "Wiccan" family **really** need to get their lives in order, and achieve some semblence of a healthy family instead of a confused disfunctional mess. And Bella (the "Wiccan" mom) need to focus on organizing her family life first, needs to stop claiming that she's a "High Priestess" when that title has littel basis as she apparrently has *not* actually been taught, mentored, or even Initiated by any legitamate Tradition of Wicca, and little to no actual knowledge of real Wicca was shown by her at. A mish-mash hodge podge of stuff was shown though.

I feel sympathy for the kids, for what I have discovered via a different Forum, what is now the current situation with the PSUEDO "Wiccan" family.... It's really dysfunctional and out-of-whack.

03-10-06, 07:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail babydoll4969 Click to send private message to babydoll4969 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
After posting my message yesterday I came across other boards as well on other sites. Bella's ex coven members have stated that Bella and Kenny have been separated for 2 years now. And that Dusty is her live in boyfriend. I found another site that Bella herself posted and she verifies this info. Here is what I say to that. What a hoax done by their part. I feel truely bad for "real" wiccans that these people represented nothing but trash. And for a family to go on a show for whatever reason, probably broke those kid's hearts having their dad home again an then leaving again once the show was done. That is absolute the worst thing to do do a child. I will tell you straight up that this wiccan family has left a very bad taste in my mouth! SHAME UPON THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03-10-06, 12:43 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-06 AT 12:43 PM (EST)

Seriously? They've been separated for 2 years? Do you have links for those sites? I would love to see them.

That really gets to me. I know the show is edited to make it appear basically any way the producers want, but to bring an estranged husband back into the house is horrible. You're right, babydoll, it's the worst thing they could do to those kids. Shame on the producers, and shame on that couple. Yuck.

03-11-06, 11:42 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
http://www.wildhunt.org/blog.html

is the site where you can see what the coven members are saying about th gross witch who lied to America. She should NOT get her 20,000$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ WHAT A FAKE and a nasty mother who cares about no one but her sleazy 20 year old boyfriend.

03-11-06, 11:45 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
scroll down on that wild hunt web site untill you see the wife swap artickle. click on the spot where it says "have started commenting on my blog" it is highlighted in red. then it brings up all of her filthy laundry!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

03-11-06, 06:36 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
Thanks, babydoll.

03-10-06, 04:48 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
That fact is they are *not* Wiccan, they are a mish-mash of dysfuntional things in *many* ways, and alot of their "wicca" is NOT reall Wicca at all but is quite a bit of Fluffy-Bunny Stuff *maskinging* itself as "Wiccan."

For *real* info on *real* Wicca, read this site *please*:

http://wicca.timerift.net/

03-12-06, 04:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FOXmePUHLEEZ Click to send private message to FOXmePUHLEEZ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
Here's what I meant. Since I've been on the planet, have been around people who predictably/faithfully practice the religion I was raised in and have a WORLD of trouble keeping 10 seemingly simple, basic rules/suggestions/life guidelines.

Here's a dude who practices a non-mainstream religion/belief system, follows an "alternative" life creed and he can astrally project himself somewhere and get within an 85-95% vision of accuracy.

That's what I mean by "spooky." It was not a judgmental "spooky." It was an ironic "spooky."

03-12-06, 06:22 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
Actually, it wasn't that spooky. He made three guesses about her living room - you walk down some steps, there's a white carpet, and a big tv. She told him he was right, but then later she said to the camera "He got the big tv right, but the carpet's actually brown." And I didn't see any steps into their living room, so I think he got that part wrong, too.

So what it came down to was not him astral-projecting to her house, but guessing correctly that she had a big tv.

03-12-06, 10:58 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
let me clear a few things up for everyone. I am the IOWA mom from wife swap. Dusty did not get anything right by guessing.Him and BElla (the witch) had been emailing eachother the whole time. Basically cheating. In the contract it clearly states that we can not have any contact with our family. She was getting on our computer here in Iowa emailing Dusty. Pretty sad huh? That is why they pretty much turned me off from the whole Wiccan thing. I came home and found out she lied up and down about who she really was. My husband was so upset that I was living in those conditions for 10 days that he actually cried was sick to his stomach. He said had he known he would have gone down to Georgia and picked me up ASAP! She made Kyle belive she lived in a great big Palace and I would have 12-14 servants their to take care of me. She told him that Kenny was drop dead gorgeous and that I would never want to come hoem ti Kyle because Kenny looks like Tommy Lee from Motley Crue. Kyle

03-12-06, 11:08 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
she also made Kyle feel like he was not a good enough provider. Kyle is a union pipefitter who makes double that what her estranged husband does. I choose not to have access to the checking account because I am happy with what I have. If I want something I tell kyle and he gets it for me right away. He is constantly trying to give me money. However I feel it is more important to have a secure future and things for my children than to spend splurgeously on thins like $800 crystal balls. One of the things they didn't even show is that the witches house has a roof that was leeking into the bedrooms when I was there. Their heat was broke so we had to let the water run at night so pipes would not freeze. Their septic tank was broke and lets not forget about me trying to cook dinner every night with roaches crawling around. I am tired of her and Dusty bashing me on other websites. I did nothing to disrespect them or their home. My main concern was for their children. The wand that I snapped in half was actually a twig off of a tree. It was only done to get the point across to Kenny that it was time to step into reality.

robynrit 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-12-06, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail robynrit Click to send private message to robynrit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
roaches?
*shiver*

03-12-06, 11:58 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
Well, the tv version obviously left out a lot. But, it was good viewing. It shows us how diverse this country really is. And on both sides (both yours and theirs), I hope you will just use it for what strength it showed you that you had and brush the rest off your shoulders.

03-12-06, 11:53 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
Well, if we can find the good in it all, you took the lemons life threw at you and made delicious lemonade. I admire your strength and what you contributed to their "unit." The daughter needed outside tutoring and you left them better people. Well done.

Jenoc99 102 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-06, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jenoc99 Click to send private message to Jenoc99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
I didn't find it spooky, I thought it was just a good guess.. didn't you see how, while he was speaking, he kept looking at her for signs that he was right? then when he was done, he said, "I could be totally off, I dunno, but..." This was the only thing that he described, it didn't seem, atleast to me, that he has a gift, he just guessed good.

SneakingSallythrougtheAlley 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-01-06, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SneakingSallythrougtheAlley Click to send private message to SneakingSallythrougtheAlley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Wife Swap March 6th episode"
I was amazed at how open both husbands wound up being espcially the Wiccan dad. I did not expect him to enjoy the changes the way he did and to make the realization that his son needed more of his time. In fact, for a bit I didn't believe it was real and thought perhaps he was just giving us a good show. I wonder.......

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •