The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Last night's episode of Trading Spouses"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Trading Spouses / Wife Swap Forum (Protected)
Original message

Keri Lynn 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-03-06, 10:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Keri%20Lynn Click to send private message to Keri%20Lynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Last night's episode of Trading Spouses"
I have to say, I had a hard time watching the 1st episode. The way that the father treated his children was very upsetting. I was sooo happy to hear the words he said about himself at the end of the show. He seemed to realize the way he treated his wife and children was the same was his father treated him and that he fell into the same pattern. He was truely right when he said that one day his wife would walk out on him and his children would have moved on in life and he would be all alone.

I know that most parents have dreams for how they're children would grow up to be. But not searching your children's minds and interest and helping them expand on what ever it is that sparks them in life would be a mistake. TRUST ME, I know how that father feels about his children be a MAN MAN or a real woman,because my hisband has dreams for our children too.My husband is a narcotics cop and a formor marine and trust me, there wouldn't be anything better in the world other than his son to go off to the marines one day or become a professional football player. But, I can honestly tell you how amazed I am about him letting our children think for themselves and how he helps them with whatever it is they want to do or explore. You can only try to guide them alittle but you need to be open and hear what they a

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Last night's episode of Trading... Tamena 02-04-06 1
   RE: Last night's episode of Trading... atzd 02-07-06 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Tamena 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-04-06, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tamena Click to send private message to Tamena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Last night's episode of Trading Spouses"
I really enjoyed that episode, both of them actually. My first impression was that there was something wrong with Sandra, the only child. It didn't take long to realize that she was just trying to please her parents. I hope they take what was said to them seriously...and I hope Sandra makes some changes in her life. She seems like a great kid, but needs to spread her wings a bit imho. Mom's the one with the problems in that family. She would drive me insane in no time LOL I'd probably smack her *sheepish look*

The other family really hit home for me. Not so much the behaviors of the father towards the kids, but the stuff he said in the end about changing and realizing what he was doing. I have a very different situation going on with my beloved, but the end results are pretty much the same issue.
I made him watch the last 10 minutes of the show...3 times. Sometimes hearing things from someone else is better than hearing it from someone you're close to.
We had a very long discussion about it afterwards and I think he's willing to make an effort to change!! He finally saw what it was that I've been trying to point out to him for a few years now, finally got it. I can't tell you how happy this makes me.

I hope that both households really do benefit from the swap. And I'm being a bit selfish here, but I'm hoping my family does too =)

That was one of the better episodes imho. It came across as very heart-felt and real.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karma doesn't come back on people because some universal controller-god pushes buttons. It comes back on people because they dig holes for themselves to fall into.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

atzd 83 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-07-06, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail atzd Click to send private message to atzd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Last night's episode of Trading Spouses"
It was the best trading spouses episode in my opinion. I was pleasantly surprised that the father realized he has to change. And Sylvana better leave her daughter alone for a bit. Doesn't she want her to grow into a mature adult? Did anyone notice that Sandra constantly spoke in a loud, extremely expressive voice, as if she were on stage? I found it strange.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •