The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Trading Spouses / Wife Swap Forum (Protected)
Original message

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-07-06, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
Last night's epidsode involved one family from Florida and one from Wisconsin. At this point I'm leaning more towards liking everyone with the exception of the mom from Florida. Here's what I thought about each family.

I thought that the Wisconsin family was really down to earth, loving and friendly as well as hard-working. They seem to really put a huge value on their relationships with one another and the mother and father not only tell others how much in love they are with each other but they showed it. I don't really know what I would change about this family, they seem to have a good balance with their life. The children have chores but they are not over worked, they enjoy the farm life, they make their own money and they all know how to relax and enjoy their free time.

Now for the Florida family. Wow, there really is so much that needs to change and the change needs to start with the mother. In my opinion I thought it was more than a bit rude when she had to mention that her bedroom was bigger than the room she was staying in and had to mention the bed she slept in, then she made commentary on how the Dexter's home was decorated. Yet when her home was shown it looked as if her bedroom was actually smaller and the decor of her house was very plain. It was almost as though she made mention of these things about her home to make herself out to be better. Then the comment she made about if everyone cared about what they looked like (like people in Florida) then the world really would be a better place!!!! Yeah, I don't see how much society would benefit if we spent the majority of our time in front of the mirrors. I also think that her relationship with her husbend is absolutely ridiculous. What person doesn't know what their spouse does for a living? Couples with pretty bad relationships at least know that. The fact that she knows so little about her husbend's career, doesn't talk about him with her friends, doesn't talk to him and goes out all the time with single woman leads me to think that she's living the life of an unmarried woman. I think this woman needs to get over herself and realize that not everyone loves her fakeness and learn that she's not the trendiest greatest person around, I mean c'mon she was talking like the electric slide was some great new dance move that all the cool people are doing. I feel bad for the husbend. I feel that he probably thinks that he has a woman that is completely out of his league, but what he needs to realize is that he has good qualities and there's always someone out there who will enjoy his company and take an interest in him, either he needs to put a very strong foot down with his wife or leave her.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 fedcamper 01-07-06 1
   RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 maybaybee 01-11-06 18
       RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 Loree 01-17-06 34
 RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 BHoneycutt 01-08-06 2
   RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 nazpink 01-08-06 3
       RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 Tamena 01-08-06 4
           RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 maroonclowns mom 01-09-06 5
               RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 nazpink 01-09-06 6
                   RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 Tamena 01-09-06 7
                       RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 Jazzzbaby 01-09-06 8
           RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 Kattrikk 01-10-06 10
 RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 slikkpie 01-10-06 9
 RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 AprilleW 01-10-06 11
   RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 nazpink 01-10-06 12
       RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 Rowan 01-10-06 13
           RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 nazpink 01-10-06 14
               RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 Rowan 01-10-06 15
                   RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 BHoneycutt 01-12-06 20
           RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 claire 01-10-06 16
               RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 maroonclowns mom 01-10-06 17
   RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 maybaybee 01-11-06 19
       RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 Rowan 01-12-06 21
           RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 nazpink 01-12-06 22
 RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 celinedion1 01-13-06 23
   RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 nazpink 01-13-06 24
       RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 kipkano 01-13-06 25
           RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 nazpink 01-13-06 26
               RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 Jenoc99 01-13-06 27
                   RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 kipkano 01-13-06 28
                   RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 Elaine0 01-14-06 30
                       RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 Auburn_Vixen 01-14-06 31
       RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 MysticalChicken 01-15-06 33
 part two... cqvenus 01-13-06 29
   RE: part two... nazpink 01-14-06 32
       RE: part two... Loree 01-17-06 35
 RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 toolkien 01-17-06 36
   RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 Kelly Dawn 01-19-06 37
   RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 Kattrikk 01-19-06 38
       RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06 jettsetgirl 02-10-06 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

fedcamper 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-07-06, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fedcamper Click to send private message to fedcamper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
That woman is amazing. I read that she "teaches" atistic children. That would make perfect sense- she has probably has no idea that the class isn't paying any more attention to her silly self than her husband or the new family are. She just rolls along, telling herself what a great reception she's getting. She can't read other people at all. I wonder how she reacted to the family's comments to the camera? And if she thinks bending your 12 overbleached hairs into a scrawny braid and then dousing it with hairspray constitutes good grooming... what can I say?
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

maybaybee 167 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-06, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maybaybee Click to send private message to maybaybee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
This woman is so SELF-Absorbed she should be called Sponge Barb. What was with the bleached out hair, over-chemically treated hair? She looks like an albino rat. And then to keep harping on her looks...OMG. She is not an attractive woman in any sense of the word. She needs professional help. I couldn't beleive the family was going along with her craziness. And her husband...JesusH, she treats him like some thing that's in her way. The outing with the girls was very telling. She's just using this poor guy. He needs to put one of those weights on her A$$.

www.chocolatesleuth.com---mystery reviews

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-17-06, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
I have a feeling this woman is going to be bald in 5 years. I kept expecting her over-processed hair to come out in clumps when she was using her curling iron on it. And how much hair spray does she need?

BHoneycutt 119 desperate attention whore postings

01-08-06, 06:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BHoneycutt Click to send private message to BHoneycutt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
LAST EDITED ON 01-09-06 AT 02:44 AM (EST)

I couldn't stand the Florida mom! She made me sick to my stomach. I mean really how DUMB can a person be? It seemed like every time she opened her BIG mouth, something BEYOND ignorant and moronic came falling out.

I about puked when she made the comments about how good she looks. I thought she was a DOG! How idiotic to think (and say) that the world would be a better place if people would only make sure they looked good. WTF? Her hair was DISGUSTING and she should have a much better body if she runs as much as she says she does. She's so gross!

It was quite rude how she came into the new family's home and bragged about everything she had (that it was bigger and better and had a lake view) while putting down what they had and treating them like they were a bunch of hicks that don't know anything. Who does that? I sincerely hope that one (or all) of them is pushed to the limit and cusses her self-righteous butt out! Because they are so well-mannered and kindly put up with her crap, it is a real testament to the parents that they have raised such fine young children. I wouldn't have shown as much grace and patience with her. I can assure you!

Who gives a crap that she can speak French? She thought that was so impressive. How could she not realize that people don't enjoy having books read to them in a language they aren't fluent in and a children's book at that? After every sentence that she read, she would say "Isn't that funny?" How could they know if it were funny or not? They couldn't understand what she had just said!!! How delusional must she be to say after every activity that the family CLEARLY hated (storytime, jogging, electric slide, etc.) that she thinks they really liked it and enjoyed it! She's unbelievable! (And I mean that in the worst possible way!)

I thought it was downright spiteful that after the daughter emphatically stated that her mom would be mad if they rearranged the furniture, that the FL mom insisted on doing just that!!!

A funeral for the dead chicken that she tried unsuccessfully to resuscitate? OMG! 'Nuff said!

I wouldn't doubt if she beats up her poor husband and he is buffing up to defend himself. He seemed like a frightened little child who never speaks unless spoken to. I feel so sorry for her whole family.

I can't wait for next week's episode!

01-08-06, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
I forgot to mention the whole rearranging furniture fiasco. I too noticed that she was far more eager to have things moved around when the daughter stated her mother would not like it. To me, anyone who does something that they know will upset someone, especially if the action is so unnecessary, is a trouble maker and that's exactly what that Florida mom is. I too can't wait till next week's episode. I am so hoping that Mrs. Dexter can get the husbend to open up a bit more and hopefully help him realize he needs to put his foot down with that "wife" of his. I also can't wait to see what each mother decided to do with the money, I am especially curious about what the Florida mom lied about.

Tamena 174 desperate attention whore postings

01-08-06, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tamena Click to send private message to Tamena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
Even my hubby watched this one with me and he hates these shows hehehe

I agree with everything said here. Fl Mom wants a morning workout? Try doing farm chores for a few hours sweetie, that'll help take care of that extra baggage you're carrying around your hips and behind. *shudder*
Nice hair! Ever hear of conditioner and Rogaine? Looks like you need it badly.

The furniture. Why? Yup, she made it just like her own home, everything up agianst the wall and looking scattered. She should have left it alone, there's no comfort in that room now. Why not just slide the kitchen table to the side for a bit for the dancing lessons? Idiot.

Reading to the family? Puuulease. Gee, thanks for treating us like morons, it's genuinly appreciated. Now Pippy, how bout we go slaughter a few hogs and chickens so you can make that wonderful Marsala you keep talking about? Oh? Not ready to find out where your food really comes from? Why am I not surprised?

And she asked them if they knew of an organic grocery. Come on Blondie...they grow their OWN food. You can't get much more confident in your food source than that if you ask me.

I am looking forward to the final of this one. It's going to prove to be interesting. Wouldn't it be great if Mn Mom gave all the money to the Fl dad and girls so they could get the heck OUT of there and move to Mn where they might be able to have a normal life? I bet were the two dads to get together they'd get along pretty well...as long as blonde mom wasn't allowed to speak

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karma doesn't come back on people because some universal controller-god pushes buttons. It comes back on people because they dig holes for themselves to fall into.

maroonclowns mom 1102 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-06, 07:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maroonclowns%20mom Click to send private message to maroonclowns%20mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
yep, I`m with you about the organic grocery. So can anyone tell me why she poluted the air with a whole can of hair spray? I guess she just doesn`t get it.

01-09-06, 08:04 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
LOL. You're exactly right, this woman doesn't get it. She constantly contradicts herself. One minute she's saying how it's what's inside that counts the next she thinks if the whole world cared about what they looked like we would all be much better. This woman is living in her own mind. She is always right, great and to her highly loved. Hey whatever makes one happy I guess.

Tamena 174 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-06, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tamena Click to send private message to Tamena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
"Hey whatever makes one happy I guess."

I think you've hit the nail on the head here...I think Blondie's problem is she's NOT happy and is just too dense to even realise it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karma doesn't come back on people because some universal controller-god pushes buttons. It comes back on people because they dig holes for themselves to fall into.

Jazzzbaby 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-09-06, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jazzzbaby Click to send private message to Jazzzbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
I thought this woman was hidious inside and out.
And she can't speak french worth a hoot....so she took one
trip to France (and without her hubby) and so now
she thinks she is afluent in the french language?

She and her friends are so low class..her freinds look like
desperate alchoholics to me. Shame on this woman
for bragging as she does. She appears to be a tale
spinner too...loads of lies.

I can only imagine what she requested the money be spent on for this
sweet family in Wisconsin. I am sure it was ridiculous!

Kattrikk 565 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-10-06, 02:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kattrikk Click to send private message to Kattrikk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
> Fl Mom wants a
>morning workout? Try doing
>farm chores for a few
>hours sweetie, that'll help take
>care of that extra baggage
>you're carrying around your hips
>and behind. *shudder*

LOL Amen!

slikkpie 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-10-06, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail slikkpie Click to send private message to slikkpie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
I agree, the peroxide princess from FLA was both clueless and sad. She assumes the Wisconsin people are ignorant hicks because they live on a farm. She fails to see what a strange, sad, life she leads.

AprilleW 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-10-06, 04:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AprilleW Click to send private message to AprilleW Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
Okay here's the funniest thing...I do speak French (fairly well anyway) and she was a mess with her pronunciation. Maybe she read a phrase book before her trip or something but other than that she sounded like a high schooler on the first day of French 101. Awful!

01-10-06, 07:53 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
Yeah, I thought her French sounded like crap but as someone who doesn't speak French I couldn't be sure. I guess my ears were right.

Rowan 10 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-06, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rowan Click to send private message to Rowan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
As a person who speaks French, I had no idea what she was saying till she repeated the lines back in English. Did she not get it when she finished one book and went back inside to get another that the family did not want to hear it? They ran off the porch and down the hill to hide from her !!!!!

I find her husband so adorable! How did he end of with that nutcase? When she met him did she see love or a steady paycheck?

I love the family from the farm. They seem to have it together as a loving family. The husband is a riot. Has a ayone else noticed how he keeps having to run out and do more "chores"? I bet he sits in the barn just to take a breather!!

01-10-06, 09:01 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
LOL....I've noticed how he keeps needing to do "chores". I can't say I blame him, hell I would probably fake chronic diarehha just to get away from that lady. I feel bad for his kids though because they end up getting stuck with her at least that's what her daughter said.

As for why she married her husbend, well I've been leaning more towards study paycheck. It seemed to me that she had difficulty explaining what it was that attracted her to him, although she had no difficulty saying what it was that wasn't attractive about him. Poor guy, I think he's adorable.

01-10-06, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rowan Click to send private message to Rowan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
Maybe after this show the husband from FL will realize what kind of woman she is and find someone who cares about him. It really bothered me her "girls night out". Once in a while is ok but every week? That just grated on me. My husband asked if that is what happens on girl's night out all the time. I laughed so hard at him for that. Somehow a bunch of married 35 - 45 year olds at a singles bar with a bunch of 20-something people seemed more pathetic than fun to me. But then we are at home by 9:30 at night anyways!

Fl Mom just really hit me more the wrong way than the God-Warrior. (But that could just be my dark side)! She only drinks distilled water because of all the bad things in regular water.......what does the constant sun-baking do to her skin? Other than the leatherly look. How much bigger did the hole in the ozone grow with all that hairspray? What danger is she putting the youth of today in by bringing back the Electic Slide? What's next anarchy? Goverment overthrows? The Macarena?

BHoneycutt 119 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 04:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BHoneycutt Click to send private message to BHoneycutt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
Rowan, welcome! Good posts... you crack me up!

claire 30 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-06, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail claire Click to send private message to claire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
When they showed the previews of this weeks show and said something bout Fl mom lieing I told my husband I bet the lie is that she speaks French. I took two yrs of high school French and remember just enough that I could almost fake my way reading a couple of pages from a very simple book. Do I speak it ? Heck No !

maroonclowns mom 1102 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-06, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maroonclowns%20mom Click to send private message to maroonclowns%20mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
methinks this Fla lady would be a very good condidate for the Starting Over House

maybaybee 167 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-06, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maybaybee Click to send private message to maybaybee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
>Okay here's the funniest thing...I do
>speak French (fairly well anyway)
>and she was a mess
>with her pronunciation. Maybe
>she read a phrase book
>before her trip or something
>but other than that she
>sounded like a high schooler
>on the first day of
>French 101. Awful!

This woman's French was worst than mine and I haven't used mine since college. It's amazing how she has managed to put herself above these good, hardworking people who are too gracious to tell her to...how do you say, F off in French?

www.chocolatesleuth.com---mystery reviews

01-12-06, 12:46 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
FL Mom's french was awlful!!! I saw on the upcoming clip that FL Dad has a b-day party!!! It looks like the theme is Star Trek!!! Sorry my inner geek is coming out......I'm excited to see this! I'm a Trekkie! (And very proud of it)! I actually have the Vulcan translation book!

Fl. Dad is so cute!!! She lacks for attention......it also looks like in the next show that she is trying to do a horror movie. (Must have French subtitles)!

Thank God for Wis. Mom!!!

01-12-06, 01:00 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
Yeah, the Dexter children must be putting fantasy to role playing. After all who wouldn't feel like wringing that Fl. mom's neck after oh lets say 2 minutes with her?

celinedion1 102 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-06, 06:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail celinedion1 Click to send private message to celinedion1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
i watched this episode (part 1 looking forward to seeing part 2) and I could not believe the blonde haired mom. She was driving me crazy just by watching her. I feel sorry for her husband it seems like he's just in the way to her. As when she left for Wis. did anyone else notice that she said that shes going to miss her kids so much and that she loves therm so much then she left leaving the husband standing their without even telling him she loves him or even give him a hug before she left. Also another thing that I was surprised to hear was when she said that everyone looks good in Florida and if everyone cared about their appearance the world would be a better plave. All I have to say to that is give me a break. As for the farm family they were great nice loving family who seemed to have good vaules.

Also I read some posts where people mentioned that the previews for the next episode showed someone saying that she lied. Did the farm family say that she lied or did her own husband say that she lied?

01-13-06, 08:52 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
On the preview for the final episode it showed the two families reading their letter and the Dexter's daughter made the comment "I can't believe she lied to us". I don't know exactly what it could be or how big of a lie it will be. If I had a guess, maybe the Fl. mom led them to think they were going to get certain things with the money or she made like she liked them then talked trash about them in the letter, those are my guesses.

I too noticed how the Fl. mom treated her husbend when she left. I couldn't believe that not only did she not hug him or say that she loved him, she simply didn't even aknowledge him. This relationship is definately messed up and I wouldn't doubt if they will be on their way to divorce, unless he keeps making money and lets her do whatever she wants.

kipkano 46 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-06, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kipkano Click to send private message to kipkano Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
That's what I wanted to say too. The way she disregarded her husband's existance when she left just broke my heart. And the comments she made about when they got together how she obviously wasn't attracted to him physically, etc. So sad, it was tearing me up. He doesn't seem to have enough confidence to ever leave her or do anything about it. We'll see what the continuation brings...... (hope I can handle it!)

01-13-06, 12:12 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
I just hope that some of the single ladies in his area are watching and let him know that he's worth more as a person than his wife sees. I honestly don't think I've seen a spouse as distant as I have with this one. Even some of the butthead husbends who took advantage of their wives knew more about them and at least said good-bye when they left.

Jenoc99 102 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-06, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jenoc99 Click to send private message to Jenoc99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
I agree with ALL of you... the Florida mother is a FREAK!!
I feel really badly for those poor people when she is making them watch her do the electric slide... oh my gosh!! She seems clueless that she is driving them crazy. I can't believe how much patience and tolerance that family has had for her, she is lucky.
I wonder if she will be able to see her glaring faults while she is watching herself on t.v., or, will she still think that she is awesome? Listening to her, you'd think she discovered a cure for cancer or did something really special in life. I also hope that her hubby can see that he deserves to be happy, he deserves much more out of a relationship than what he is getting. yikes!!

kipkano 46 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-06, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kipkano Click to send private message to kipkano Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
Every time I think of her reading to the family on the porch I have to laugh. I was imagining what my husband would do if I tried that. He wouldn't sit there for a second of it and would probably have me committed!

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-14-06, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
I wonder if she will be able to see her glaring faults while she is watching herself on t.v

I don't see how that is possible. Every time she did something, like read them a book or show them how to dance, you'd see how uncomfortable or down right miserable they looked, yet she kept saying how much they loved it and how happy she was to teach them something new. She acted like a missionary going into a remote country to teach the natives how to survive. As she said in the first show, they don't have dancing there. Now she can tell her friends and probably everyone else she meets that she is the woman that brought dance to Wisconsin. Oh yeah, she also taught them how to have a party and they were so grateful, right?

People have talked about how she treated her husband when she left. Her attitude didn't change when she got back. Didn't she say how much she missed her children and no mention of missing him? I don't remember her saying anything after he said it was good to have her back. I can imagine she was thinking "of course it's good to have me back, I'm such fun."

I could have gone through my TV screen and slapped her while she cackled like fool while reading the letter. Again she kept laughing on, totally oblivious to her husband quietly sitting there not finding anything amusing about the letter. He actually teared up while she continued to laugh on. Leaving him any of the money was such a joke to her. There is no way in hell that woman is going to Iceland. As she said, there's nothing to do there. Like she'd know anything about Iceland.

He was happy to have her back and she was happy to be back in her element, so I don't see them splitting up until someone better (read makes more money) comes along for her. It seemed like most of the friends were her friends, so I hope one of his relatives or someone at work gets him to realize how much better he can do than that selfish idiot.

Auburn_Vixen 1 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-06, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Auburn_Vixen Click to send private message to Auburn_Vixen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
LAST EDITED ON 01-14-06 AT 09:21 AM (EST)

You know. I have a feeling her husband will divorce her. He's had a taste of what it's like to live with a sweet woman (who has BOOBS), and when she returned home he didn't seem that happy. Teah, he got her lots of balloons and gifts, but you could tell when she was acting like a self-centered ##### while reading the letter wheels were spinning in his head. He seemed really sad, and when he said he loved/missed her it sounded really forced.

There's also the fact that a lot of single (or unhappily married) straight (or bi) woman in Florida will probably be looking him up now. After the bleached wench's friends came to his party, they seemed VERY interested in him. There's probably a real reason she doesn't let him come out with her and her single friends. He'd see what he's missing and other women would see how little she deserves him.

How much you want to bet one or two of her friends will actively try to sabatoge her marraige now? If you deny it happening you don't know women.

Anyhow, the dude may be nerdy (something some of us actually find attractive) and introverted, but he is sweet, very muscular, and wealthy. If he had more confidence (something the farm wife might have awakened a little in him) he could have any woman he wants.

As far as psycho marrying a richer guy--give me a break! She looked like a bipolar psychotic twit over national TV and has a face like a leather bag. Any man superficial enough to marry a nasty, sick person like this would marry them for their looks and youth (something this woman gravely lacks). Any sane (rich or poor) man will stay the heck away from her now. If she dates someone who didn't see her on trading spouses, chances are that person's family/friends will clue him in.

Anyhow, I think it's possible bleachy woman has a mental problem. Her attitude goes beyond bitchiness and obliviousness. It's likely she is untreated bipolar. If she'd take drugs she'd probably be more tolerable to be around (though still nasty). If she is sick, it's possible her husband is staying with her because of guilt. I feel most sorry for the kids.

MysticalChicken 4 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-06, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MysticalChicken Click to send private message to MysticalChicken Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
Apparently the Fox network are dirty dirty liars since they never showed what, exactly, the big lie actually was.

Wait--maybe THAT was the big lie.

cqvenus 9764 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-06, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "part two..."

FIRST of all, there is a specific SONG called the *ELECTRIC SLIDE* to which you are supposed to DO the electric slide.

as far as i know, it is LIMITED to that song and that song ONLY.

also as far as i know, the friggin electric slide is more 1983 than her leather-tone face and bleachy blonde hair!

AAAAAAH!

she is FAR more ignorant than the god warrior. she's friggin oblivious! she has no idea everyone is SICK of her. there is not one molecule in her body that can compromise. and her french sucks. i really need to find her email address or contact info because i need to tell her a lot of things.

and i'm trying to realize that fox edits people poorly, but when you say 'oh this room is so florida!' and 'come on, we can do the electric slide!' 50 different times, 50 different ways, there's really little that you can blame on the editing.

-groan- there are still 40 minutes left of this!

~ cq

01-14-06, 01:39 PM (EST)
32. "RE: part two..."
I don't kmow how many times I wanted to tell Ann Marie to just shut up last night. I was so sick of her acting like she was some coolness expert and was bringing excitement into the lives of slow backward hill hicks. Like I've said before the electric slide is not a new dance move and I'm sure the Dexter family and friends knew it but didn't care to do it and I was so sick of her talking about Florida. Did anyone else think that the pink flamingo decor was extremely tacky looking? The only time she shut up long enough to hear what the Dexter family was about was on the last day when she discussed the tools Mr. Dexter had. The biggest surprise was the fact that somehow she was able to allocate the money decently although she completely left the mom out of it.

As for Reagan, I was so happy that she made it clear that Rob's money, as well as the daughter's, were to not go to Ann Marie. I was also glad that she told Ann Marie that her marriage was not in good shape, although it was clear it had little affect on the lady, who merely dismissed it with laughter and being clueless as to why anyone would think that. It was clear to me that Rob really liked Reagan and thought alot of her and what she did for him, just by showing interest in him. I hope that Rob does use the money Reagan left to visit with her and her family. I have a feeling that if he does go Ann Marie will probably not be joining him and if he doesn't go it will be because Ann Marie refuses to allow it. I too, really wanted to smack Ann Marie upside the head when she laughed in her husbend's face about going to Iceland with him or him getting money for himself. Rob seemed to not be so impressed by his wife and almost seemed as if he was disgusted. I also thought that Ann Marie hugging Rob was an act, almost like she wanted to prove Reagan wrong. Rob didn't even act like he was expecting the hug, I'm sure it doesn't happen often, and nothing about it screamed warmth or love but it did say discomfort. I think that their marriage is not much of a marriage at all. Ann Marie lives her own life and Rob's purpose is probably limited to having someone be her shadow, provide financially, watch the children, and put up with her crap, I'm sure other men, like the one's in the picture's fulfill her other needs. Did anyone else notice what Rob said about marriage? It was something along the lines of both people need to go more than half way to make things work. It makes me wonder if he's indicating that Ann marie needs to start making efforts. For Rob's sake I hope he puts his foot down because he has alot to offer and many woman would love to be on the recieving end of what he could give to him, other than his money.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-06, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: part two..."
I thought it was so sad at the end when Rob took the 2 chairs. He sat them down side by side facing the lake. He sat in one and waited. Ann Marie looked out the window at him. But she never went out to join him.

That pretty much summed up the whole marriage. She probably couldn't get anyone else to marry her. And she wanted to be taken care of so she married Rob for his financial security. But she has no intention of caring for him like a spouse should. And she had the nerve to think the Wisconsin family could learn from her.

toolkien 1 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-06, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toolkien Click to send private message to toolkien Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
First off, Brian is my cousin, but I'm not looking to look cool or anything, I just thought some might be interested in a more inside opinion...

Anyone can see that the show is highly edited to create whatever the producers want to create but the essence of Brian and Raegen certainly showed through. So while the FLA mom might not be totally nuts, I can't but think that her essence as a person is pretty much what we saw.

Having said that, Brian did admit (on a Milwaukee Radio Morning Show) that even they didn't know how they would be portrayed on the final edit. He pretty much said that with all the footage they take (he said that they follow you around from the time you open your bedroom door in the morning to the time you close it at night - with nature breaks I'm sure), they could have edited in such a way that they were the weird ones. I guess there is a lesson in there somewhere in how much we can believe anything from the mass media. Pretty scary when you correlate opinion building when it comes the Politicians, but that's a whole other post.

As for Brian, specifically, what you see is what you get; don't put up with BS, but aren't out to shove their opinion about you back in your face. There is nothing fake about the Dexters. Pretty much the whole family is as down to earth as you can get.

One interesting moment that was noticable from someone closer to the family was the party set up by FLA mom in which she corraled my Uncle into dancing. Not too long ago he had a severe heart ailment and almost died, and it didn't do my heart any good seeing him being tossed around like that. She couldn't know that of course, but annoying nonetheless.

Of course there was the part where she expressed some interest in tools and such, and it was nice to see the sequence with my Grandfather's planting tools. Farming was my Grandfather's life. He was forced off his land by the Feds so they could build and airbase that they never built, so the land is now a "recreation" area. He really wasn't the same after that. I guess there is something in the solidity of farming life, honoring family and old ways as a part of who you are and where you came from. Meanwhile FLA mom, at the core, was superficial and whose values where a little lacking.

Kelly Dawn 4 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-06, 01:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kelly%20Dawn Click to send private message to Kelly%20Dawn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
Thank you for your post Toolkien. It's interesting to hear from an 'insider' who really knows one of the families - the Dexters in this case.

It was a true testament to both Brian and Raegan that their two children (young adults really) were seemingly so polite as they certainly had numerous opportunities to make FL mom (only one who's name isn't worth remembering I guess as I remember the others LOL) feel like the ignorant idot she is.

You'd think Wisconsin was a third world country the way that woman spoke. I DO see her point now. If the world leaders would just dress up and get coiffed to the tees, put on some music and do the Electric Slide - why hunger and war would certainly vanish from the Earth!!

All I have to say is RUN ROB RUN!!!

Kattrikk 565 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-19-06, 02:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kattrikk Click to send private message to Kattrikk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
>He pretty much said that with all the footage they take (he >said that they follow you around from the time you open your
door in the morning to the time you close it at night - with nature breaks I'm sure), they could have edited in such a way that they were the weird ones. I guess there is a lesson in there somewhere in how much we can believe anything from the mass media.

So so true! It's fun to watch "reality" tv but it's always good to be reminded about the true reality. It's all about ratings and entertainment. Period.

jettsetgirl 19 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-06, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jettsetgirl Click to send private message to jettsetgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Trading Spouses 1/6/06"
That woman was so corny..I grew up in NYC and would not consider her trendy hip or cool in any way,she acts like she is on the cusp of high society she's no Carrie from sex in the city that's for sure..The electric slide!! omg my 62 year old mom could give her a lesson or two.Her husband was so adorable ,I have a soft spot for "nerds" and find them truly sexy..When I see desperate old bags out in clubs like her and her tacky friends I get such a cackle..My guy friends refer to them as 5o'clock foxes, meaning at 5am when the bar closes and all the young ones are gone they are good for a hand job and a ride home! The family from Wisconsin was so cool,those kids have the patience of saints..And Brian was so good at avoiding her,his wife is so much prettier,smarter,kinder etc..I hope Rob divorces her ##### I would love to set him up

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •