The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Wopperer and Dancy Family"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Trading Spouses / Wife Swap Forum (Protected)
Original message

leianawd 471 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-01-05, 07:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leianawd Click to send private message to leianawd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Wopperer and Dancy Family"
Ok first of all I don't know how much bad I can say about the Dancy family except that they may be at the brink of pushing their children just a little more than necessary. With that said I think that their intentions are good and not that they are trying to live through their children, I just think they want for their children to live and make the right choices instead of being wrapped up in trouble. The Dancy father seemed to be very excepting of the Wopperer mother and welcomed her into his home with open arms. As for the Wopperer family I don't know how they did it but they managed to raise two children with great work ethic and motivation but oh do I feel bad for their kids who feel they need to take care of their lazy parents. I do question the intelligence of Mr. and Mrs. Wopperer as Mr.Wopperer needs to be subtitled everytime he speaks and his wife talks so slow and says just small minded random things. These two need to get a grip on life, I just can't believe they can't play a 300 dollars a month rent, heck my place is smaller then theirs and cost me 200 dollars more! I hope these people can get their crap together and start to act like adults but even more so parents, I have my doubts though since the preview showed the mother telling her son she felt betrayed by him.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Wopperer and Dancy Family psnitz 12-01-05 1
 RE: Wopperer and Dancy Family stankgirl 12-01-05 2
   RE: Wopperer and Dancy Family leianawd 12-01-05 3
       RE: Wopperer and Dancy Family psnitz 12-01-05 4
           RE: Wopperer and Dancy Family leianawd 12-01-05 5
 RE: Wopperer and Dancy Family Labyrinth 12-02-05 6
 RE: Wopperer and Dancy Family smiley2 12-02-05 7
   RE: Wopperer and Dancy Family leianawd 12-05-05 8
 continuation... cqvenus 12-07-05 9
   the dancy mom cqvenus 12-07-05 10
 whoppers cqvenus 12-07-05 11
   RE: whoppers celinedion1 12-08-05 12
       RE: whoppers nazpink 12-08-05 13
 WTF?!? PagongRatEater 12-08-05 14
   RE: WTF?!? nazpink 12-09-05 15
 RE: Wopperer and Dancy Family Labyrinth 12-09-05 16
 RE: Wopperer and Dancy Family sammyboy22 12-09-05 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

psnitz 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-01-05, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail psnitz Click to send private message to psnitz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Wopperer and Dancy Family"
I have to agree with you about the Dancy family expecting way to much from there older son. I can understand being active and all but come on let the kid be a kid. He even has a nutritionist that comes in, wow they have way more money than sense. As for the Wopper family, man alive, there kids deserve an award for putting up with parents like that. I'll be if I would give my parents any money for sitting on there butts and being lazy, please they expect there children to support them, yeah right. The Wopper children need to get a clue, they will always be riding there coat tales unless they decide to move out or away from home out of the city. Can't wait for next weeks program!! If the Dancy mother has any sense about her she will leave the money to the Wopper children and give nothing to the parents. Well until next week!!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

stankgirl 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-01-05, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail stankgirl Click to send private message to stankgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Wopperer and Dancy Family"
I agree, I thought the Wopperer's were "slow" and the kids are so jacked up. They need to leave that house and get the heck away from their loser parents. The son feels obligated to stay around even afer he finishes school. The Dancy mom tried to talk to them. I know it was just killing her not doing something. I can't imagine sitting in that house all day long not doing anything. At first I thought why doesn't the mom work but then I realized later after listening to her talk that she probably can't get a job and I am wondering if she can even read. Then the cake topper is them asking their kids for money to go to concerts????? WTH? They are crazy.

12-01-05, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leianawd Click to send private message to leianawd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Wopperer and Dancy Family"
This family bugs me so much that I had to come back and comment more. The Wopperer's are just freakin' idiots, the way they talk and act it's a wonder they were able to raise the children they have. I don't know how many times last night I had to endure listening to that couple whine about how tired they are and I couldn't help but yell at the t.v. screen "of course you idiots are tired, you have no activity in your life except lifting the cigs to your mouth"!!!!! I have a feeling that their daughter is not as dedicated to staying around and supporting her parents as she said earlier in the show that she couldn't wait until she was 18 and had more independence from her parents, I hope she still feels that way and runs as fast as she can the minute she does turn into an adult legally. I too have also wondered if the Dancy mother left most of the money to the Wopperer children with specific directions that it should be spent on themselves, that's the only explanation I could come up with for why their mother would say they betrayed her. People like this just urk me so much because no matter how a person's financial situation is even if it's not the best doesn't mean that one shouldn't try and these people just aren't trying at all.

psnitz 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-01-05, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail psnitz Click to send private message to psnitz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Wopperer and Dancy Family"
I'm with you Leianawd, I hope the daughter runs like "HELL". Further more, I feel the only reason the Woppers decided to do the show is for the MONEY, how sad is that. They probably thought they could find some dumb MOM to feel Sorry for them and just give them the MONEY!!! I sure hope NOT!! Sorry I just had to get another word in also, again can't wait till next week!!!

12-01-05, 03:23 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Wopperer and Dancy Family"
Yes, they were definately counting on that free money. I don't blame them for wanting the money I know I would but I also don't sit on my butt and scheme up ways to get money for doing basically nothing.

Labyrinth 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-02-05, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Labyrinth Click to send private message to Labyrinth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Wopperer and Dancy Family"
I am the only one who thinks Dad Wopperer is on drugs? Drugs or alcohol. This guy is major stoned. Please Ms. Dancy make sure Dad Wopperer gets to a drug rehab AND a friggin' dentist!!

Ms. Dancy please make sure Mom Wopperer has to have a full medical checkup and go sign up for Weight Watchers and an exercise class. Was I the only one really repelled by her saying how much love the dogs give her while her kids tell her how much they will miss her (and she ignores them??).

Ms. Dancy obviously leaves the money to the kids - the older boy it looks to me. I hope she tied it up so mom and dad Wopperer can't get it some sort of guilting the son trip.

The two kids remind me of children of alcoholics or smokers --- you grow up with it and you are so disgusted with what it does to your family that you go 180 degrees the other direction. I hope Ms. Dancy doesn't forget the daughter - give her a full scholarship so she can live in the dorm!!

The Dad Dancy seems to be a bit of a "coach" character, taking it out on the sons way, way too much. Lighten up dad and understand that these are the same kids who WON'T be coming home for Thanksgiving dinner when they are grownups and certainly won't be putting YOU in charge of their own kids.

smiley2 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-02-05, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley2 Click to send private message to smiley2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Wopperer and Dancy Family"
i wonder why the kids don't finally get tired of it and tell their parents off there is no way i could ever let my childern take care of me or expect them to i couldn't live with myself but they act like it is no problem i hope the kids listen to their new mom and get out

12-05-05, 09:09 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Wopperer and Dancy Family"
I wondered about the Wopperers. I figured either they are slow or doping. I too was appalled at the treatment the mother gave to her dogs and yet acted like her children were nothing!!!!
There's nothing wrong with someone loving their pets but treating them better than their own children, ridiculous. I think the children are disgusted with how their parents are and probably don't really want to support them, but they probably fall victim to manipulation and being made to feel guilty. I know people who remind me of this family and that's usually how it works. I did get the impression that their son was left a lot of the money and I do hope the daughter was left something as well but I'm sure the Dancy mother got the impression that the brother would always look out for his sister, they seemed close to me and I do hope the Dancy mother did it in a way so that the parents can't get their grubby lazy hands on it.

cqvenus 9764 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-07-05, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "continuation..."

... i'm sorry but the whopper mom is absolutely right that the dancy son needs more independence. i hope she gives money so he can have his own car so he can drive himself to all his stupid practices and meetings and nutritionists.

the worst thing a parent can do to a kid is destine them for failure and disappointment. if that kid doesn't make the olympic team he is going to be absolutely DEVASTATED. they ought to deemphasize so he knows that winning ISN'T everything, and that a friggin' -handful- of people ever make it to the olympics, so if he doesn't, it isn't the end of the world. he ought to have other interests because the chances of being a professional skier are as ridiculous as my cousin picking a major his last semester of his senior year because he was so convinced he could have a career in the NFL, even after 3.5 years of never seeing a scout.

some people are more pathetic than they realize.

~ cq

12-07-05, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "the dancy mom"

is driving me crazy, too.

her tattoo is so small i need a microscope to see it. and i bet she was all 'well, i'll just go home and use my $50,000 to get it removed.'

and one of my biggest pet peeves ever is when a non-smoker tells a smoker 'just quit' because they have absolutely NO IDEA how hard it is to do that. not ever having smoked does NOT make you a better person who can dispense advice to others about how they should quit.

~ cq

12-07-05, 09:26 PM (EST)
11. "whoppers"

are no gems, either. don't get me wrong. it's just that you said you don't know what bad you can say about the dancys so i thought i'd help out.

~ cq

that kid *does* need to move out. but it's weird for european ingrid to say so... don't europeans live at home til they're like 30???

celinedion1 102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-08-05, 04:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail celinedion1 Click to send private message to celinedion1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: whoppers"
Well I saw the 2nd half tonight after watching the first half and all I can say for both of the families is wow. The Dancy family seems to be pushing their son too hard with the skiing. I think it's great that he enjoys doing it but his parents seem to be pushing him too hard and wanting him to always win. As for his chance at the Olympics I agree with what you said the kid can get in but the chances are slim of him making it into the olympics in 6 years. As for the Whopper family wow how can the parents live with themselfs having their kids take care of them. i feel really bad for the kids and I hope that they get to move out soon. Also why did mother whopper tell her daughter that she embarassed her because she was nice to their house guest. Last time I checking being nice to a house quest was considered being polite not embarassing. Also did anyone else notice that after the mom told her daughter how her daughter embarassed her that the rest of the family all left the daughter in the living rom by herself while they all congregated into the kitchen. Well I hope that both families learned something from their experience and next weeks episode looks pretty good too.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-05, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: whoppers"
During the first show it was hard to say anything wrong about the Dancy family. I do think that the Dancy parents push their son a bit too much. I think that it's great that they want so much for their children and put the time and effort as well as money to give their children opportunities, but it also needs to be their child's dream. I got the impression that Chris does love to ski but I think he would prefer if it didn't have to be so serious, just a little competition like any other teenage sports team and not based on what he will be doing for the next 10-15 years of his life. I had a teacher who spent time in Austria and she had told my class about the lifestyles of the people. Parents in Austria as well as alot of European countries expect more out of their children and appear more strict than what we are accoustumed to. The parents believe that the children should find what they are good at and pursue it, even if they are only 9 years old. So, for Ingrid she is probably parenting the way she was parented and the way many of her family and friends were parented. As for the Wopperer family they seem much worse. The way they treated their daughter for being nice to Ingrid and for not thinking she's a bad person was appalling. All I can say is never give up on your dreams and get away from a family that clearly doesn't appreciate or support you. I honestly don't think that Ingrid was trying to be mean or make Terry feel like a loser and I think she respects him for working and going to school and I feel she was aware of his financial situation. I think the reasoning behind why she felt he should move out was so that he wouldn't get stuck in a rut that his parents are sure to put him in and basically already have. As for Ingrid not taking the flower pot, yes she should have but I don't think she did it to be a snob she probably figured she had no room for it therefore it would break. As for the friendship ball, I think that's what they called it, I'm sure she appreciated it and read the letters on the plane she probably really didn't get to spend too much time saying goodbye because after all a taxi was on its way and she needed to get to the airport. I don't think that Ingrid is a cold person, as she may have come off that way, I just don't think she's the type who gets emotional in front of others.

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-05, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "WTF?!?"
What is wrong with that Wopperer dad? The a-hole is so frickin lazy that he forces his son to support him, uses all of his kids money to pay for concerts and tattoos while ducking the landlord and is too much of a #$%# sloth to even drag a few toothbrush bristles across his teeth. A thousand dollars on dental? The whole $50K wouldn't fix that grill!

And THEN??!? On top of being a total loser, horrible role model, forcing his children to take care of him and not caring about ANY of his financial responsbility as the head of the house - if you forget ever single one of those pretty unforgiveable things - he still has the AUDACITY to get mad that the Darcy mom wasted their money on paying their bills and sending the kids to school.

The Darcy's aren't perfect. And I thought it was really thoughtless that Inga was so cavalier about their going away present, but I would much rather have a Darcy family that pushes too hard than a Wopperer family that has ZERO ambition, NO self-respect and a total lack of ethics.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: WTF?!?"
In my opinion I don't think the Dancy mother tried to come off as not appreciating the gift, I think she was just trying to be ready for the taxi so that she could make her flight. Like I've said before she should have taken the planting pot even if she knew it wouldn't fit in her bags and that it would break. I just don't think that Mrs. Dancy is good at conveying her emotions and feelings to others. But I agree about the Wopperer dad. How dare he get upset and feel that it was a waste to give his children money for college!!!!! I know what he meant when he said that there were other better things the money could have been spent on.......tattoo's and concerts and oh yeah drinking money.....what a loser. Those things come last to the bills and your children's future you freakin' idiot. If I had this experience the number one thing I would want someone to decide with my money is to put some aside for my children's education as well as helping me out with bills. At least the mother had some since in knowing that Ingrid made good decisions although I wasn't impressed with her treatment towards her daughter.

Labyrinth 1248 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Labyrinth Click to send private message to Labyrinth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Wopperer and Dancy Family"
2nd half of the show - I didn't catch the beginning but a few things I wanted to say-

Ingrid should have taken the pot. However, I think at this point she just wanted to get the hell out of there and wasn't thinking too clearly. She has just spent a week with a family whose dad is physically repulsive and creepy, with pets (she doesn't like animals), and missing her family. No it wasn't the best call but I think she was desperate to leave.

No one in the family even realized it was her day and time to leave!

The Dancy dad is a control freak. He is high-powered business man who wants his kids to be Trophy Kids. He does need to lighten up and from some of the snippets I saw I hope that he sees the show himself and realizes some of the things he says comes down verbal abuse - just as damaging as physical abuse.

On the Wopperer daughter - I pray you get out soon. Go make something better of yourself. With the show's money you have that opportunity. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get out of that poisonous atmosphere - your brother is happy taking care of your loser parents so just let him do what he wants to do and be drained every day of his life by Daddy and Mommy Leech.

I thought I saw some progress with the W-Mom but then she has to go and blow it all with her daughter and side with her Loser Husband.

I'm glad that Ingrid highly detailed the money and where it it is to go, but I suspect that Son W will give it to the parents. Daughter W keep your piggy bank in a SAFE PLACE.

sammyboy22 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-09-05, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sammyboy22 Click to send private message to sammyboy22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Wopperer and Dancy Family"
I thought this episode of Trading Spouses was interesting. I am from Utah and although I don't know the Dancy family personally I know a lot of families like them. In the state of Utah and the predominant religion here (mormon), it can make parents put a lot of pressure on their children to seem "perfect". There are tons of families like them here: rich, educated, LDS, and have children who do really well at certain things but, a lot of it is because of the constant pressure on the kids. I am sure that this happens everywhere but, it just seemed too familiar to me...... PS Coleen Wopperer is a beast. And her husband is embarrassing with his one tooth.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •