The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Wife Swap 11/7/05"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Trading Spouses / Wife Swap Forum (Protected)
Original message

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-08-05, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Wife Swap 11/7/05"
Since I don't see a thread dedicated to last nights ep of Wife Swap I'm starting one here.

What do you think about the swap?

At first I thought the "Hippie" family was a mom with 2 kids. I couldn't believe that was her husband!

I think both families were a little out there and am glad they both took things away from the swap to improve their lives. I really feel bad for the kid in the hippie family. He needs interaction with kids his age and the chance to be who he wants to be, not who his parents want him to be.

When Big Ed put on that skirt I couldn't believe it! I am sorry, but my man will NEVER wear a skirt! A man is a man and in our society today, a man looks good in pants, NOT a frilly skirt! I know in other cultures that's not true, but as long as that Hippie family wants to live in America they must realize how they look to others... Be an individual, but goodness, TAKE A SHOWER and WASH YOUR HAIR!!!!!!!!!!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Wife Swap 11/7/05 sisyphus 11-08-05 1
 RE: Wife Swap 11/7/05 Donnasw 11-08-05 2
   RE: Wife Swap 11/7/05 motherofthree 11-08-05 3
 RE: Wife Swap 11/7/05 pamwa8 11-08-05 4
   RE: Wife Swap 11/7/05 me144 11-08-05 5
       RE: Wife Swap 11/7/05 Jane57 11-08-05 6
       RE: Wife Swap 11/7/05 c25 11-14-05 13
 RE: Wife Swap 11/7/05 Loree 11-08-05 7
   RE: Wife Swap 11/7/05 Jane57 11-09-05 8
       RE: Wife Swap 11/7/05 dopeydwarf 11-09-05 9
           RE: Wife Swap 11/7/05 Jane57 11-09-05 10
       RE: Wife Swap 11/7/05 Loree 11-09-05 11
           RE: Wife Swap 11/7/05 pink sheep 11-10-05 12
               RE: Wife Swap 11/7/05 Jane57 11-15-05 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sisyphus 321 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-08-05, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sisyphus Click to send private message to sisyphus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Wife Swap 11/7/05"
It was hilarious, I too thought the husband in the hippie family was actually a child....how old could he have been anyway?

I think big ed kinda like the skirt after a while.....it fit him too...I really don't see anything wrong with a man wearing a skirt in the privacy of his own home....in the end did you see how much perfume big ed put on....just the thought and I was passing out....

overall it was okay.....

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Donnasw 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-08-05, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Donnasw Click to send private message to Donnasw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Wife Swap 11/7/05"
I felt that both families had a lot to learn from one another.

First, the alternative lifestyle family - It's not for everyone but they definitely hold some values that would be beneficial to other families. First, they conserve energy, recycle and respect the environment. This is very positive -- especially in light of the fact that many people spend with abandon and throw away things purchased on impulse as a result. This family has also done an admirable job in raising their son. It's true that he doesn't socialize as he should with other children but he is obviously well educated, artistic and has a kind spirit that was evident in the broadcast.

The family with Big Ed learned the value of pitching in, how much their mother/wife contributes to the success and comfort of the family, and they learned that stereotypes are not always to be believed (it was most interesting that the woman came from a privledged background and held a job similiar to Ed prior to choosing to live more modestly and to conserve resources). What this family may still need to understand is that there are people outside of their socioeconomic environment that have valid lessons to teach them. It matters less about what a person looks like or how often they bathe as it does to try and learn why they have made the chooses that they had made. Helping out shouldn't require banging your chest and saying "look at me, look what I've accomplished". It's our duty and obligation to the family unit to make the family run as smoothly as possible.

motherofthree 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-08-05, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motherofthree Click to send private message to motherofthree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Wife Swap 11/7/05"
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-05 AT 12:53 PM (EST)

sisyphus, My husand and I rewind over and over again to make sure we had an accurate count.

He sprayed that colonge 32x's and once in the back of his head....

HILLLLLLARIOUS!!!! COULD NOT STOP LAUGHING. We laughed again this morning when I sparyed my perfume.

I bet Mr.Tommy Hilfigure(spelling) was happy. (That was the brand of the colonge.)

I said to my husband "this is a first for Wife Swap to have a single parent on the show, this should be good" but I was wrong, the child was the husband

pamwa8 1 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-05, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pamwa8 Click to send private message to pamwa8 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Wife Swap 11/7/05"

>At first I thought the "Hippie"
>family was a mom with
>2 kids. I couldn't
>believe that was her husband!

I couldn't believe it either! During the whole show I kept trying to guess his age! My husband walked in and guessed him around mid-late 20's...I was thinking about 18-19??? Even my daughter asked me to go online to see if I could find out his age!

Regardless, they seemed genuinely in love and happy with their lifestyle!

My favorite scene: Ed in a skirt doing the laundry!! Amazing!!!I laughed so hard!

me144 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-08-05, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail me144 Click to send private message to me144 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Wife Swap 11/7/05"
On other forums it's posted Ash is 24. We thought he was 20, max.

I kind of liked Sienna and her son. Ed was horrible, just repulsive.

Jane57 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-08-05, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jane57 Click to send private message to Jane57 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Wife Swap 11/7/05"
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-05 AT 03:15 PM (EST)

I'm guessing that spike in his lip is made of rubber? Because when they kissed I expected to see blood! Ugh.

I found the whole episode disturbing. Both families were creepy.

Hippy family - There's "alternative", and then there's "weird." And dirty. You can take conservation too far, and picking food out of a dumpster is going too far. I honestly think a lot of these people are using their convictions as an excuse for plain laziness. Ash needs a job. It wouldn't hurt him to learn the value of work. He seemed very immature, and it showed when he put "teaching" signs around the house and then cried when they didn't cause the new mom to suddenly change her ways. The son needed socialization at an earlier age...it may be too late now.

Rich family - Disgusting, obnoxious father. I am amazed at how badly most of these men treat the new wives who come into their homes. Does anyone raise their boys to treat women with respect anymore? I hope a lot of it is just the producers telling them to act a certain way to stir up trouble, or I will be in despair over our society. And why in the world was that woman cleaning that gigantic house all by herself? If they can't/won't make their kids help out, it certainly seems like they have enough money to hire a cleaning service to come in.

I hope the changes were real....it didn't feel that way. Everybody seemed to come around too quickly.

c25 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-14-05, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail c25 Click to send private message to c25 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Wife Swap 11/7/05"
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-05 AT 08:50 PM (EST)

How is it possible for Ian to have a stepfather who is only 12 yrs older than he? That is like Sianna married a playmate for Ian.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-08-05, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Wife Swap 11/7/05"
I spent the entire show trying to figure out the hippie husband's age. It was distracting. I kept thinking he was still a teenager. Tell me that the 12 year old was only his stepson. He couldn't really be his father could he? Very strange.

And Big Ed seemed to be channeling the Sopranos. That is what he reminded me of. And the cologne spraying was so much I was sure I could smell it after awhile.

11-09-05, 02:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jane57 Click to send private message to Jane57 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Wife Swap 11/7/05"
The official site refers to the boy as "Sienna's 12 year old son". Ash, her husband, is only 24.

dopeydwarf 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-09-05, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dopeydwarf Click to send private message to dopeydwarf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Wife Swap 11/7/05"

I couldn't believe it when Ash told the other woman(can't remember her name, sorry. I really liked her. ) that it was OK for roaches to be in the kitchen because they have to live too! YUK!

I'd rather be at Disneyworld

11-09-05, 05:36 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Wife Swap 11/7/05"
>
>I couldn't believe it when Ash
>told the other woman(can't remember
>her name, sorry. I really
>liked her. ) that it
>was OK for roaches to
>be in the kitchen because
>they have to live too!
>YUK!
>

UGH! I must have missed that!! Somebody needs a lesson in basic hygiene.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-09-05, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Wife Swap 11/7/05"
Thanks Jane. That clears that up for me then.

pink sheep 1 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-05, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pink%20sheep Click to send private message to pink%20sheep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Wife Swap 11/7/05"
I have the honor of being friends with 'Ash, Sienna, and Ian. Yes they are weird. point blank. But that is the joy of being friends with them. The more time you spend with them the more that you see that they are incredible parents and an asset to the community. As far as the hula-hoops go that is part of their business. That is something that I think got edited in a very weird way.... they DO work. They do not have a “9 to 5”, but they are always off doing something, be it modeling for a figure drawing class or traveling around to different festivals, markets, and events selling their hula-hoops, devil Sticks, and other things. Their hula-hooping is basically a way to attract business. People see them having fun and want to try it, end up talking to them and maybe decide to purchase something. It is kind of their equivalent of a great big sign saying "Hula Hoops for sale" And watching them is amazing. They don’t just hula-hoop and play with devil sticks … they dance. I don’t know how else to describe it. It is beautiful. People love to watch them and talk to them. They are incredibly easy to approach. I have seen them in front of a crowd of people and inevitably it is the toughest guy that ends up hula-hooping. They break down barriers that people put up, and get through to the heart of who people are.

I know there has been much discussion regarding ‘Ash’s age as compared to Sienna. Yes there is an age difference, and ‘Ash looks younger than he is, but he is an incredible Father. And he is 24 for goodness sake! Sure he is younger than the normal participant on this show, but give the guy some credit. He is raising a child and giving it his all. Seeing him talk to Ian is really a beautiful thing. The level of respect between Ian and ‘Ash is something that does not happen in most families I know.

Ian is an incredible human being, wise beyond his years. Yes, he is a natural actor and was already in some acting classes. Ian is a smart, creative young man. He is always speaking is a new accent and sharing what he has learned recently. The other night I was down at their house to watch the show and afterward we were all sitting around talking and somehow the topic came to Norse Mythology. Ian went off telling this Norse myth and talking about the backgrounds of all the different characters/gods involved. The guy is smart and retains SO much. The thing is, is that ‘Ash and Sienna are always teaching Ian. Ian is not just memorizing thing to be able to pass a test, they are teaching him to be a student in the purest sense of the word… always learning.

I am very proud of ‘Ash, Sienna and Ian for doing this show… Don’t get me wrong there were a lot of things that were really sketchy, the editors and directors had a field day. It is “reality TV” and yes it was scripted. I think it is important for people to see a family living the way they do. I feel there is a lot more I feel I should say, but I am going to stop here.

‘Ash, Sienna, and Ian are truly beautiful people and I am proud to call them my friends.

11-15-05, 04:19 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Wife Swap 11/7/05"
Just curious...why the apostrophe before Ash's name? I didn't notice it until your post.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •