The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"10/10 Wife Swap Discussion"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Trading Spouses / Wife Swap Forum (Protected)
Original message

universityofkentuckyrocks 2572 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-10-05, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail universityofkentuckyrocks Click to send private message to universityofkentuckyrocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"10/10 Wife Swap Discussion"
I'm looking forward to this one b/c theres a family from Kentucky in it, because that where I live!

The Kentucky Family who likes Beauty Paegants switches off with an Artist family from Pennsyvania

A Tribe Creation

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 10/10 Wife Swap Discussion toddE 10-11-05 1
   RE: 10/10 Wife Swap Discussion volsfan 10-11-05 2
   RE: 10/10 Wife Swap Discussion artmom 10-14-05 4
       RE: 10/10 Wife Swap Discussion Jane57 10-14-05 5
           RE: 10/10 Wife Swap Discussion artmom 10-15-05 6
               RE: 10/10 Wife Swap Discussion Jane57 10-15-05 7
                   RE: 10/10 Wife Swap Discussion artmom 10-15-05 8
 RE: 10/10 Wife Swap Discussion Lasann 10-13-05 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-11-05, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 10/10 Wife Swap Discussion"
I don't regularly watch this show, as it has been too "Springer" ish in the episodes I'd seen.

But I really enjoyed last night's episode. It wasn't preachy or heavy handed as usual, and all members of both families actually grew from the experience.

The overbearing "artsy" mom really helped the younger daughter of the pageant family, and everyone seemed to benefit.

My roommate insists the "artsy" husband is gay and that's why he isn't close to his wife.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-11-05, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 10/10 Wife Swap Discussion"
I thought the artsy mom didn't really get anything from the switch at first because she still had that "do it yourself" attitude at the meeting. However, she seemed to have changed and relaxed a little.

I thought the artsy husband was as gay as a football bat! He had the limp wrist down pat.

artmom 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-14-05, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail artmom Click to send private message to artmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 10/10 Wife Swap Discussion"

>My roommate insists the "artsy" husband
>is gay and that's why
>he isn't close to his
>wife.

I am art mom from the TV show 10/10 Wife Swap. I just thoughtyour roomie would like to know that my husband is not gay. In fact, he is very HOT and that is part of how our relationship has survived. However, we both take it as a compliment that you think he is gay because he is afterall a rock singer (check out our new cd online at andreturan) and he is neat and in shape (you can check that out too on the same site and let me know what you think!).

>
>
>

Jane57 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-14-05, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jane57 Click to send private message to Jane57 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 10/10 Wife Swap Discussion"
Hi, Ramona. Glad you're here. I really enjoyed the show, mainly because I like your lifestyle. I wonder, though, why you said you wouldn't take anything away from your experience of the Yont's lifestyle. Despite the whole "pageant" thing, they were pretty grounded people and I think you could learn something from them. Mainly that competition is not a bad thing. Lucy LOST her pageant, but wasn't hurt by it, and even expressed interest in continuing. Surely that should tell you something about your ideas of win/lose. Losing can be a very constructive experience, and not painful at all. It's a fact that real life is NOT win/win, but that doesn't mean we have to flee from all forms of competition.

10-15-05, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail artmom Click to send private message to artmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 10/10 Wife Swap Discussion"
You are very intelligent Jane57. I'll try to answer your questions in order of appearance: What I understood as the Yonts lifestyle was eating junk food in front of the TV as family time and going to pageants as family time. This is what I was refering to when I made that statement. I felt bad for Maddie because, from what I saw, she didn't have a "spotlight" in the family and the two girls were in constant competition with each other. Sometimes an idealistic viewpoint is extreme but effective to start people thinking. It's just my way.

Jane57 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-15-05, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jane57 Click to send private message to Jane57 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 10/10 Wife Swap Discussion"
I have to agree with you about Maddie not getting enough attention. (Or at least that's what the show led us to think. It's hard to know how much of what we see is true on these reality programs.) I also LOVED that you had the girls make artwork with their makeup. It was adorable how Hannah got right into the spirit of things and had a suggestion about what she might make. I just thought Lucy and Andre seemed really psyched to experience that competition and felt bad that they weren't going to continue.

BTW, Lucy is adorable and reminds me of my daughter at that age. I think it's great that she's being homeschooled, especially at her age. My girls were homeschooled at that age. (Actually, we were unschoolers, after the John Holt style, as I suspect you are.)

10-15-05, 07:11 PM (EST)
8. "RE: 10/10 Wife Swap Discussion"
Yes we were unschoolers -John Holt style--for the past 1 1/2 years primarily because our public school was short on teachers. They have since hired more staff and Lucy opted to go back to school in sixth grade with class numbers around 17. She is playing the clarinet in band and enjoying it very much.

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-13-05, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 10/10 Wife Swap Discussion"
I only watch out of boredom and when I catch it. This one was good. I have such an aversion to the beauty pagent thingy so was interested in the outcome.

Better than usual.

I've been Nutz'd

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •