The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Wife Swap needs families"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Trading Spouses / Wife Swap Forum (Protected)
Original message

JamieABC 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-21-05, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JamieABC Click to send private message to JamieABC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Wife Swap needs families"
IS YOUR FAMILY READY FOR PRIMETIME TELEVISION??

ARE YOU A MOTHER WHO HAS EVER WONDERED HOW DIFFERENT YOUR LIFE WOULD HAVE BEENIF YOU’D MADE SOME DIFFERENT CHOICES, OR
WHETHER THE GRASS IS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE?

CONTACT US NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY!

Jamie.Roitman@rdfusa.com

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Wife Swap needs families robbie 07-13-05 1
   RE: Wife Swap needs families pbynum70 07-19-05 2
       RE: Wife Swap needs families DonnaLynn 07-20-05 3
           RE: Wife Swap needs families robbie 07-21-05 4
               RE: Article DonnaLynn 07-23-05 5
                   RE: Article robbie 07-24-05 6
                       RE: Article robbie 11-29-05 9
 RE: DominicaH2004 08-10-05 7
   Advice Bebo 08-10-05 8
       RE: Advice atzd 11-30-05 10
           RE: Advice robbie 12-01-05 11
           RE: Advice jkenne12 12-02-05 12
 RE: Wife Swap needs families Ygg 12-09-05 13
   RE: Wife Swap needs families robbie 04-26-06 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

robbie 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-13-05, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail robbie Click to send private message to robbie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Wife Swap needs families"
LAST EDITED ON 07-14-05 AT 05:18 PM (EST)

BE VERY CAREFULL if you contact these folks. They have lied to and deceived familys. Of course they found out after they signed a release, and if they are reluctant to go through with the show ABC and the folks from rdfusa threaten to sue the family and strand the wife at an unknown location. If you think this can't be true, and you contact these people ask what ABC and their rdf cronies did to the Bedford family. That is if they are willing to tell you the truth. This is as reported in the Bedford familys local newspaper (the McAlester news). A spokesman for the show was given a chance to comment, but they refused. This speaks volumes.
You have been warned
Robbie

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

pbynum70 1 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-05, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pbynum70 Click to send private message to pbynum70 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Wife Swap needs families"
LAST EDITED ON 07-19-05 AT 08:48 PM (EST)

Hello my name is Patrice and I am a mother of two teens and the wife of an awesome man. I enjoy your show, "Trading Spouses", and I would like to know if our family here in Spring Lake, NC could be considered in one of your episodes?

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-20-05, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Wife Swap needs families"
Wow, I hadn't heard anything about ABC stranding the mother somewhere and I certainly didn't hear anything bad about the show. Where have you heard these things???

--Donna :~)

07-21-05, 06:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail robbie Click to send private message to robbie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Wife Swap needs families"
I don't know if they did, but the article I read in the McAlester news said they were threatened with a lawsuit and that the wife would be stranded if the family was reluctant to do the show. What is interesting is an ABC rep, Steve McPherson was quoted in our newspaper in a article about reality TV saying "we will not do the mean stuff". WOW I hate to see what they call mean. I will try to get the link to the news story and post it.

Robbie

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-23-05, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Article"
Ok, I did some digging and found the article I think you were talking about...

http://www.mcalesternews.com/articles/2004/11/06/news/top_stories/top01.txt

After reading this article, I'm surprised that this story wasn't more widely known especially since this is on ABC. If this woman is telling the truth, I would have been the one to sue them...

--Donna :~)

07-24-05, 08:11 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Article"
LAST EDITED ON 07-24-05 AT 08:15 AM (EST)

Yep Donna, thats the one. Sad thing is this show started out good. Then it was clear that ABC started coaching the kids on what to say ect. These families signed up in good faith not looking for money and trusted that ABC was truthfull in how they advertised the show, in fact the casting calls still say that it is for wives and mothers. There is a Yahoo group for wifeswap that has a few members that were on the show. They used to tell all about their experiances, till They were told to stop. (guess by who)
I just wanted people to be aware of how ABC treats people before it happens to them.

ps. I'm sure they could not sue due to the release they signed. I read in the Yahoo group that it is quite extensive.

Robbie

11-29-05, 09:53 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Article"
It looks like ABC is going to get sued over this. I hope the Bedfords win. ABC say's the participants where told the swapped spouces could be male of female, but if they where not specifically told they may be homosexual than ABC deliberatly lied to and decieved the families that volunteered.

Robbie

DominicaH2004 1 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-05, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DominicaH2004 Click to send private message to DominicaH2004 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: "
please give me a call1 229-247-9469 or 229)740-7898 I have a family here like my own for instance!

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-10-05, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Advice"
It's a dangerous practice to put your telephone number (or other personal information) out on a public message forum. You could start getting telephone calls from people you really don't want to be hearing from. That's why we warn people in our guidelines to be careful with their personal information.

I'd advise you to click on the Edit link at the bottom of your post and remove those numbers. If you really want to be in touch with the show, follow the instructions in the original message or go to ABC's site for more information - posting your information here will not get you what you're looking for.

atzd 83 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-30-05, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail atzd Click to send private message to atzd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Advice"
If these shows would be for real, where the wives settle in and we get to see the normal differences in real families, instead of always playing up one or two issues, then I'd consider it. But they always like to play up specific aspects and it seems to me that they either instruct the wives on this, or work their magic to steer the show in the direction that they want it to go. The familes seem to be getting more and more extreme, and I often find myself disgusted with both of them. I wish they'd just pick normal families, it would be both interesting and funny how we'd then see the subtle differences in lifestyles and the way people react to them.

12-01-05, 09:38 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Advice"
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-05 AT 09:41 PM (EST)

Check this out. Hope they win. ABC did not have to do the mean stuff.
http://www.mcalesternews.com/siteSearch/apstorysection/local_story_323201803.html

Robbie

jkenne12 7 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-05, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkenne12 Click to send private message to jkenne12 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Advice"
I would do a show like this for the single reason that i would love for my husband to see how much work i do in a day but my husband would never go for some stranger and cameras being in our home and near our daughter

Ygg 7 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 03:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ygg Click to send private message to Ygg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Wife Swap needs families"
I would be *very* leery of any outfit that lists "Adam West" as its billing contact
(http://www.samspade.org/t/lookat?a=rdfusa.com) and winds up with Florida
hosting (http://www.samspade.org/t/whois?a=vhosts11.aosoft.com).

The severely irritated might wish to take note of the domain status on the
latter.

04-26-06, 09:33 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Wife Swap needs families"
Just bumping since ABC is looking for family's to trick again

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •